Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Commercials rock!  (Read 25527 times)

bigbenjamin

Re: Commercials rock!
« Reply #50 on: Mar 08, 2006, 12:41 AM »
Maybe I am repeating myself, but I see very few commercials - I watch few channels with commercials, and I mute the fuckers that do appear. Life is too short, what with waiting in lines and WHAT I HATE MOST - fackin COMMERCIALS IN THE THEATRE! Holy shit, you pay a big ticket price and lo and fackin behold - you gotta sit thru the same damned ads as on TV!!!!!!!

and wearin branded clothes - don't get me started cheers!

CollisionCourse

« Reply #51 on: Mar 08, 2006, 12:52 AM »
totally. and i too despise branded clothes! :x

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #52 on: Mar 08, 2006, 01:08 AM »
totally. and i too despise branded clothes! :x
Ever read William Gibson's "Pattern Recognition" ?
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

CollisionCourse

« Reply #53 on: Mar 08, 2006, 01:57 AM »
nah... what is it? a novel?

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #54 on: Mar 08, 2006, 02:06 AM »
nah... what is it? a novel?

Uh yeah, you've never heard of William Gibson???

This novel breaks his trend though.

The Protagonist , eschews all branding ........

CollisionCourse

« Reply #55 on: Mar 08, 2006, 02:20 AM »
i've heard of him. just not very familiar with his work...

bigbenjamin

« Reply #56 on: Mar 08, 2006, 02:22 AM »
Sooo, tell us more, Rev. Saucy??  Summarize?

:perv1: cheers

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #57 on: Mar 08, 2006, 03:10 AM »
 "Cayce Pollard is an expensive, spookily intuitive market-research consultant. In London on a job, she is offered a secret assignment: to investigate some intriguing snippets of video that have been appearing on the Internet. An entire subculture of people is obsessed with these bits of footage, and anybody who can create that kind of brand loyalty would be a gold mine for Cayce's client. But when her borrowed apartment is burgled and her computer hacked, she realizes there's more to this project than she had expected."

William Gibson is the father of "Cyberpunk" . Writing about the futuristic  internet in since  1984.

His latest book , leaves his comfort zone , but like all of his work , is a facinating read. Often set in a less than perfect near future...

http://www.williamgibsonbooks.com/index.asp

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #58 on: Mar 09, 2006, 11:35 PM »
Suzuki Grand Vitari - Guy climbing a cliff , then another guy climbs up with his baby and his little dog. It ends with the dad saying to the young tough guy , "by the way , nice tattoo , really orriginal , cuts to the guys barbed wire arm band , just like 100,000 other guys in North America   :lol: :lol:

RumNCoke

« Reply #59 on: Mar 13, 2006, 05:09 PM »
Have you guys seen the commercials promoting MTV's debut in Canada? There are a few versions of it. The slogan for all of them is: "The drought is over." Two in particular are really gross. One shows a woman frantically removing all the dirty dishes out of her dish washer. She then sticks her head in and begins slurping up the dirty water at the bottom of the washer. The second commercial shows sweaty man removing his shoes and socks after a workout. He then wrings the sweat out of his sock and into his mouth. :-&

Shit machine gun

« Reply #60 on: Mar 13, 2006, 06:02 PM »
Hasn't MTV been in canada since late 90's on the dish
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

RumNCoke

« Reply #61 on: Mar 13, 2006, 06:48 PM »

Maybe it has, but MTV Canada is coming to regular TV on March 21.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20060301.wmtvcan0301/BNStory/Business/

Canuckguy

« Reply #62 on: Mar 14, 2006, 02:42 AM »
Man those VW commercials with the german in a white suit are hilarious :6paper: :ricky:

Shit machine gun

« Reply #63 on: Mar 14, 2006, 07:32 AM »

Maybe it has, but MTV Canada is coming to regular TV on March 21.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20060301.wmtvcan0301/BNStory/Business/

That's cool.  I grew up with an American dish so I watched MTV throughout my teenage years.  These days there's no music on it just a bunch of reality shows.

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #64 on: Apr 16, 2006, 10:17 PM »
Holy shit!! I am sitting hear at the computer and I over hear the noise of bleeping swearwords. I listened to see what was going on. It was a "Frozen Canor Entres" commercial. Everyone, you have to see this!!! I guarantee you will like it!!

"They're not like any f***en dinner you have ever tried" :lol:
« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2006, 12:36 AM by Refuckulator »
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

Julians_Wife

« Reply #65 on: Apr 16, 2006, 11:03 PM »
I've been watching MTV for a long time and I don't really like it at all, compared to muchmusic it's pretty sad IMHO Their VJ's are boring than all hell and they bleep too much stuff ...... and infact have banned quite a videos too. All in all I give MTV a two thumbs down, they've got nothing on us as far as cool VJ's and Vids.

Sunnyvale4Life

« Reply #66 on: Apr 17, 2006, 06:26 PM »
MTV sucks on toast...

RumNCoke

« Reply #67 on: Apr 17, 2006, 09:01 PM »
MTV sucks on toast...

I haven't sat down and watched MTV at length but I've yet to see a music video while channel surfing. Do they even show music videos, or only those stupid reality shows?

Sunnyvale4Life

« Reply #68 on: Apr 17, 2006, 09:04 PM »
To the best of my knowledge, the show videos for a little while around 5pm, then again around 5am for a couple hours. Always the same videos. Pathetic...

Shit machine gun

« Reply #69 on: Apr 18, 2006, 08:46 AM »
They aren't allowed to show any music videos.  They are using Talk channels contract which specifically states that they can't be a music station.  Live acts are ok but no videos.  Also they have to have 75% canadian content in the 6-10pm range so that's why they're always replaying the same shit.

So expect a lot of Real World, road rules, sweet 16, made, and other beauties.

I HATE Conky

KarateCollie

Re: Commercials
« Reply #70 on: Apr 28, 2006, 07:23 PM »
Did anyone see the commercial about Meth use? Man is it freaky. It's the one where there's this guy/girl? not sure, plucking his/her eyebrows out while high on Meth. For the first 20 seconds I was like, what the fuck is this? Then the big picture shows, and holy shit, it's so creepy!! Definately gets the message out . :(
KarateCollie

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2007, 09:08 AM »
The Friskies commercial where the guy is squatting in the litterbox, his wife gives him a dirty look, & he says, "I'll cover it up for you!" The point being, only cats can be cats. This one cracks me up each time!
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #72 on: Dec 16, 2007, 08:33 PM »
Another commercial that I actually enjoy watching is for either Blockbuster or Rogers:
It's a family's house at Christmas full of people, every once in a while you hear a snippit of conversation that happens to be a well known line from a popular movie. I like it because it would be very difficult to catch all the lines in one sitting, each time I see it I catch a new line. Some of them are:
You're going to need a bigger boat - Jaws
Stella! Stella! - Streetcar Named Desire
That's a knife - Crocodile Dundee
Luke, I'm your father - Return of the Jedi
They're here - Poltergeist(?)
Are you talking to me? - Taxi Driver
An offer they can't refuse - Godfather

There's bound to be more that I'm missing, I'll have to see the commercial again.
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

Vancouver

« Reply #73 on: Dec 17, 2007, 03:16 PM »
I know what yer talkin 'bout Melbs.

I love the commercial with the guy driving his truck singing, and a lil squirrel jumps in the sunroof and starts singing along, then 2 birds, then a wolf, who eats one of the birds, then spits 'im out and then joins in with them all singing. It is sooo cute, particularly the squirrel, how he waves his little arms around, O and the look on the guys face when the wolf gulps the bird haaaaaa. I can never get enough of that commercial.
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #74 on: Oct 04, 2008, 03:44 PM »
There's a commercial for the Discovery Channel on where hosts from the various D.C. shows sing,' Boom-de-yadda'; I've had that song in my head for a couple weeks now, I've grown to hate it (especially when it haunts me as I'm trying to fall asleep).

There's also commercials on for the new Ford Flex vehical; this is the ugliest car/SUV/crossover thing that I've seen. It's too bad that the car is so strange looking, they make it at the Oakville Ford plant & it would be a shame if there were more job losses there (the manufacturing industry has taken a beating in the Golden Horseshoe).