Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Commercials rock!  (Read 25468 times)

monkeon

• www.monkeon.tk
Re: Commercials rock!
« Reply #25 on: Nov 16, 2005, 05:35 AM »
Don't know if you get it anywhere else in the world but an all time fave of mine is the Smash robots. It'd be intresting to hear if anyone outside of the UK knows of theese cheeky little fellas

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mr. Lahey: Birds of a shitfeather flock together, Randy.
QUOTE GENEROUSLY SUPPLIED BY THE KING OF BELGIUM DJET3K[/b] WHO IS FAKKIN' SHITTASTIC

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #26 on: Nov 16, 2005, 05:38 AM »
The commercial I got a kick out of was for Malibou Rum. It's in the Carribean and they're making fun of our way of life compared to theirs. There's a melon stand and there all different prices and their arguing about the different melons, certain ones they can't buy.... you get the picture. Well at the end when the old guy is sitting on his donkey and he has the saddest look on his face and he says..." I Just Want To Buy A Melon". The way he says that cracks me up everytime I see it!! :lol:

That one totally cracks me up too! The other one where the bus is 43 seconds late is a great one too; it's so funny when the guy on the bike behind the bus says, 'Man, it's total gridlock!'
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2005, 02:07 PM by melba the disco queen »
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

budgirl33

« Reply #27 on: Nov 16, 2005, 08:10 AM »
The commercial I loved the most was the KFC commercial with the old lady with the bucket on her head...For some strange reason they only showed it a couple of times then took it off the air. I heard it offended people, but I thought it was friggin hilarious.

Islander

« Reply #28 on: Nov 16, 2005, 08:28 AM »
The commercial I loved the most was the KFC commercial with the old lady with the bucket on her head.

Alas, the funniest things are sometimes the most offensive.   :lol:

I still get a real charge out of those VONAGE advertisements.  Particularly the one where the kids throws the bat into a window and the guy drops a cut tree on his car.  Obviously staged but still funny.  The music just adds to it all.   :D
This post was typed in 3-B.  Three beers and it looks good, eh?

Maddoggystyle

• www.wrassle.net
« Reply #29 on: Nov 16, 2005, 08:30 AM »
The commercial I loved the most was the KFC commercial with the old lady with the bucket on her head...For some strange reason they only showed it a couple of times then took it off the air. I heard it offended people, but I thought it was friggin hilarious.

I've never seen it dammit
I don't regret what I haven't done yet...

Ms Vee

« Reply #30 on: Nov 16, 2005, 01:39 PM »
The commercial right now that I can't stand is the one for Virgin Mobile phones where the girl is opening her Christmas present & it is a hair dryer, she starts to hiss & then a stuffed moose on wheels comes into the room & delivers a phone, then the freaky dude beside her starts cheering. I hate that one mostly because I just don't get it.

oh sista I hear you!!!!  That is the most annoying and stupid one in the history of the world!! And it is on alot.! I don't get it either.
One commercial that allways makes me laugh is the Future Shop one where the  guy wants to get the customers into the store faster, so he puts the escalator on warp speed. Hilarious.
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2005, 01:42 PM by Ms Vee »

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #31 on: Nov 16, 2005, 06:45 PM »
about 3 years ago I think there was a commercial where a guy was crossing the street and he gets nailed by a car. He gets right back up then gets nailed by a bus... then it ends. That commercial didnt last long. I even said to myself after seeing it, "this aint lastin' long"
I love it though and I cant even remember what it was for. Anyway that would probably be my favorite. :P
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

JulianRocks

« Reply #32 on: Nov 16, 2005, 06:51 PM »
The commercial I got a kick out of was for Malibou Rum. It's in the Carribean and they're making fun of our way of life compared to theirs. There's a melon stand and there all different prices and their arguing about the different melons, certain ones they can't buy.... you get the picture. Well at the end when the old guy is sitting on his donkey and he has the saddest look on his face and he says..." I Just Want To Buy A Melon". The way he says that cracks me up everytime I see it!! :lol:

That one totally cracks me up too! The other one where the bus is 43 seconds late is a great one too; it's so funny when the guy on the bike behind the bus says, 'Man, it's total gridlock!'

I totally agree Melba.... they are great! I wish they would play them more.... haven't seen them in awhile.

RumNCoke

« Reply #33 on: Nov 16, 2005, 07:09 PM »
Right now I'm enjoying the Capital One commercials starring David Spade. Or, who can forget when Superman and Jerry Seinfeld joined forced to promote American Express:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/tv/tv.php?topic=t-seinfeld
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2005, 06:40 AM by RumNCoke »

letsgo2smokes

« Reply #34 on: Nov 16, 2005, 10:28 PM »
Right now I'm enjoying the Capital One commercials starring David Spade. Right now I'm enjoying the Capital One commercials starring David Spade. Or, who can forget when Superman and Jerry Seinfeld joined forced to promote American Express:

Im really tired tonight but im pretty sure you like the capital one commercial twice lol

the beav

« Reply #35 on: Nov 17, 2005, 12:42 AM »
Right now I'm enjoying the Capital One commercials starring David Spade. Right now I'm enjoying the Capital One commercials starring David Spade. Or, who can forget when Superman and Jerry Seinfeld joined forced to promote American Express:

yeah, those are good!!  "The answer's always NO" :lol:...especially the one with the voodoo doll...buddy spankin' his ass in the aisle. :lol:

I may have alzheimer's...But at least I don't have alzheimer's

http://www.marijuana.org/GraphixFolder/graphix/%2521mbox.gif[/img]

roadtriprob

« Reply #36 on: Nov 17, 2005, 05:24 AM »
 I love commercials they brainwash my kids into believing every other child in the world has one so why can't they?
 Cause Daddy's a scrooge that's why!!!!!!!
Road trip. The ultimate survival game. Where men can be boys!

RumNCoke

« Reply #37 on: Nov 17, 2005, 06:44 AM »
Im really tired tonight but im pretty sure you like the capital one commercial twice lol

Oops…thanks. I always write my posts in MS Word to avoid typos and misspellings. I must have accidentally pasted it twice. But yes, I do enjoy those Capital One commercials that much.  :)

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #38 on: Dec 22, 2005, 03:34 PM »
They've changed the Maple Leaf Roasts commercial, now you don't see the man's big bum. :(
I wonder if they got complaints?
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

xhippie

« Reply #39 on: Jan 10, 2006, 02:54 PM »
http://www.bigad.com.au/  i hope this link works enjoy! :beeer:

Vanessa

« Reply #40 on: Jan 11, 2006, 12:31 AM »
I like those Citibank Identity Theft commercials.

the beav

« Reply #41 on: Jan 26, 2006, 11:36 PM »
"SAVE THA TUNA.....SAVE THA TUNA.....SAVE THA TUNA!!!...."
"Oh hiya boss..."

"It's save on tuna..........Elvis"

"Whatever dude..."

"SAVE ON TUNA....SAVE ON TUNA.....SAVE ON TUNA!!!...."

I love this commercial......I've been going around sayin' "SAVE THA TUNA" for a while now.... :lol:

The "whatever dude" comment just kills me every time. :lol: :beeer:
« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2006, 12:20 AM by the beav »
I may have alzheimer's...But at least I don't have alzheimer's

http://www.marijuana.org/GraphixFolder/graphix/%2521mbox.gif[/img]

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #42 on: Feb 09, 2006, 09:49 PM »
The new commercial I like is for beer (sorry can't remember which one). It takes place at a costume party & a pirate guy sits next to a girl dressed as Cleopatra, the Scarecrow sits on the other side of her. She gets up to get a beer & asks them to watch her seat, then we see that the chair is actually another guy in costume! He gets up & she hands him a beer. It's pretty funny!!

There's also a new commercial for Lipton's soup where the package of soup says something like,' I am the Lipton' & every time I hear it I think of 'I am the liquor.'

4bz

• Rebel Reviewer Dot Com
« Reply #43 on: Feb 10, 2006, 09:04 AM »
Bailey... I don't think 99% of us even know what the fuck yer talkin about!!!!   :lol:

I could be totally wrong though!!!

Rebel Reviewer Dot Com

Jdub

« Reply #44 on: Feb 10, 2006, 03:35 PM »
Bailey... I don't think 99% of us even know what the fuck yer talkin about!!!!   :lol:

I could be totally wrong though!!!

HAHA  Ok, well I'll be the 1% that does.   I remember seeing that.  It shows guys making excuses to get out into their shed to do some "work". Once there they each go through some sort of secret passageway  into a big room where they have all the bells and whistles a guy would need.......pool table,  big screen TV,  video games....etc..  except it's all hidden behind stuff so they would switch a flip and there would be the TV pop out and the pool table would come up.  Don't recall the brand name of the beer, just remember the commercial.

4bz

• Rebel Reviewer Dot Com
« Reply #45 on: Feb 12, 2006, 11:54 AM »
he had it posted there and then deleted his post... I just never even heard of that beer before so I figured it was some kinda Aussie beer or something.. he shoulda left the post up.. now I REALLY wanna know what kinda beer that was!!

Rebel Reviewer Dot Com

Cappy

• Location: Blue trailer on the corner........stay off my fackin' lawn!
You can't just give up on pulling up your pants!

Canuckguy

New VW commercial
« Reply #47 on: Mar 03, 2006, 05:43 PM »
Anyone see that new VW commercial with the germans in white skin tight clothes catapolting a VW?  And then at the end the one german is talking like a black dude with a funny german accent.  It was hilarious.

hashhockey69

« Reply #48 on: Mar 07, 2006, 10:20 PM »
In my opingion commercials fucking suck, your all into a show and boom a fucking lazy ass commercial, they get long after a while

Thx, HH69

CollisionCourse

« Reply #49 on: Mar 08, 2006, 12:30 AM »
for me: commercials = yuck

surely more products can be sold by not being a bullshit artist? and don't even begin to tell me that some commercials are "art". they're not art; it's just that advertising execs will do anything they can to sell a product.

"SUCK SATAN'S COCK!"
- Bill Hicks