Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Favorite Character  (Read 10961 times)

Jonnyboy

• Trailer Park Boys
Favorite Character
« Reply #25 on: Aug 16, 2004, 11:15 PM »
I have to say its a tough call, but i think Ricky by a hair. his fucking fucks and fucked up...structured...sentence....grasping shit. Its fucked. Plain and simple. Its fucking hillarious the way he messes words up also, like being "fire retarded or somthing." A classic Rickyism

Next though is J-ROC. His Gnomasayin Mawfucking lingo roc's. He should write for Hallmark. I think he gets better every season.

Jonnyboy

The Scientist

Favorite Character
« Reply #26 on: Aug 17, 2004, 12:23 AM »
My favs are Lahey and Randy.  They just seem so true to their characters.

Pipes

Favorite Character
« Reply #27 on: Aug 17, 2004, 01:58 AM »
Ah, Ricky's the best, no question about it. His bunkerisms are hi-frickin'-larious, and it's amazing just much of a dick he can be sometimes. Unlike Jules and Bubs, it seems he truly has no heart at times. I mean, who else would take advantage of young children for the sole purpous of making a buck (remember the bbq ep from Se4? heh)? Jules, Bubs, Cory, Trevor, Lahey, and Randy are all great, but they can't hold a candle to Archi...err...Ricky heh Sorry,  still thinking of the malproprisms heh

BTW, Ray is great too. You gotta love any guy who upon entering a room and seeing that his son has been shot (by his daughter, no less heh) asks, "who's been into my liquour?!" Bwah! I luv it! Lates.

"Outta the car, hairdo!"-Constable Erica Miller
"I just don't know how to express myself sometimes when I need to be properly different."-Ricky

puddles

Favorite Character
« Reply #28 on: Aug 17, 2004, 07:03 AM »
I have to agree Pipes.  Ray is also a very interesting character!  I just love the scam with the wheelchair.  Reminds me of years ago a trip I took to the Vietnam war vets memorial in DC and the vets in their wheelchairs with flags & racoon tails adorning their chairs.  His thoughts/believes on religion.  One of my favorite lines is "That's my lunch pepperoni Ricky".  I love it.  Okay, revision to my list:  Randy, Ray & Jacob!  LOL.  J-Roc, well, everyone knows or knew a J-Roc.  Someone trying to be someone they are not.  Not to say that is a bad thing at all.  We all have a dream that we try to obtain.  J-Roc aspires to be a rap artist.  Not a question of color really.  It's not that he wants to be black, he just wants to be a bad-assed rap artist!  In taking that journey, he must submerse himself in the 'rap culture'.  Hell, he didn't even fit the role of "preppy Jamie" in the aligator golf shirt, the time he was called out by DVS!
"Crisis doesn't create character, it reveals it" Denis Leary

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
Favorite Character
« Reply #29 on: Aug 17, 2004, 09:58 AM »
Favourite character on the show? I would have to say Ricky,  because just some of the things that cums out of his mouth is the funniest shit ever:)
"Jack never even took one step of his own ....yet he traveled so far".

Letter's to my little boy Jack

Tipsy McStagger

Favorite Character
« Reply #30 on: Aug 17, 2004, 10:00 AM »
Ricky wins by a landslide, then Lahey based on pure talent.  That man can play a drunk like no other.  I swear he actualy gets tanked for the shows.

Tip

"i ahve qit the org cuz ppl wont maid ther own bussin" - greenbasterd

Detriot Velvet Smooth

Favorite Character
« Reply #31 on: Aug 17, 2004, 10:20 AM »
I read somewhere that the key to playing a drunk isn't playing someone that's drunk but playing someone that's drunk that wants you to think they're sober, John Dunsworth puls this off AMAZINGLY like how he always sas hes just had 2 drinks. However, I do belive that he has the most acting experince does he not?
I wanted a lady, not fuckin cory and trevor

Tipsy McStagger

Favorite Character
« Reply #32 on: Aug 17, 2004, 01:07 PM »

"i ahve qit the org cuz ppl wont maid ther own bussin" - greenbasterd

JulianRocks

Favorite Character
« Reply #33 on: Aug 31, 2004, 03:41 PM »
My fav character is Julian! He's such a babe!!!! :wink:

tpb4eva

Favorite Character
« Reply #34 on: Aug 31, 2004, 09:54 PM »
I can't really pick a favorite character but if I had to I guess it would be Ricky. I would pick Ricky because I’m kinda like him swear non-stop, and can’t stay out of trouble

tpb4eva

Favorite Character
« Reply #35 on: Aug 31, 2004, 09:56 PM »
One of my other favorite characters is J-Roc. Why J-Rock because he raps and I love hip-hop and rap music.

Detriot Velvet Smooth

Favorite Character
« Reply #36 on: Sep 05, 2004, 07:12 PM »
How come nobody has mentioned the motel manager, I'd like to get a picture with him and randy, then people would think im really skinny lol
I wanted a lady, not fuckin cory and trevor

SgtMeowsteen

• My Space site
Favorite Character
« Reply #37 on: Sep 15, 2004, 07:54 PM »
Bubbles is the man because he loves kitties, made me pee my pants laughing when he got on stage and did his rap song and reminds me of my grandfather.

I live vicariously through Ricky because he reminds me of my temper and moral values before I quit drinking.

But secretly.........Cyrus is my favorite character.
You might be sexy Julian....but you can't teach me anything about liquor....
-Fackin Lahey

Cheese_Burgers78

Re: Favorite Character
« Reply #38 on: Aug 07, 2013, 07:11 PM »
I always kind of liked Dennis and Terry.....thought they were funny .  Also like Officer Ted Johnson . But its a tie between Ricky , Lahey and Julian .  Lahey is a hilarious drunk and all his shit-isms crack me up . Ricky is just as funny with all his Ricky-isms....love listening to him trying to explain things and the way he uses his BS stories to get out of a jam . Julian is just plain awesome .
" 30 days , boys . 30 sexy days , Julian . Sexy "

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #39 on: Aug 07, 2013, 10:35 PM »
Can't believe I never responded to this thread. Ricky all day! He's just the funniest. Jim Lahey ranks second, as John Dunsworth's drunk acting is second to none.
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then

themanmachine73

« Reply #40 on: Aug 08, 2013, 12:54 AM »
Well, my favorite character has always been Ricky....yeah he's a bit of a dick who has a "beautiful" way with the English language, but he is one of the reasons I remain a fan of the show.  In addition to having an absolutely mad-as-fuck crush on him, I think Robb Wells is one hell of a comedic talent and actor.  He even had my mother fooled.  Case In Point: After I met the Boys the first time in 2011, I told my mom about meeting them after the show.  She thought that I was going to see people from an actual trailer park and asked me if Robb smelled like trash when I hugged him!  Even though she's seen a few of the episodes my mother still doesn't believe they are actors, to me that's a true testimony to the show itself!
« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2013, 01:02 AM by themanmachine73 »
You rockin' loud but you ain't sayin' nothin'....
Too many MCs not enough mics!

FUGEES' "THE SCORE"...BEST HIP HOP ALBUM EVER!!!

Noam Sayin

« Reply #41 on: Aug 08, 2013, 12:25 PM »
Cyrus FTW
"Barb, yer scalloped potatoes are fucked!"

DirtyLittleCheeseburger

« Reply #42 on: Jul 04, 2015, 02:22 PM »
With this question you have to ask yourself "if a character were removed from the show, would the show be close to what it is now?" If you ask yourself that question, it comes down to 3 characters. Ricky, Lahey, and Bubbles. So with that being said, it's such a hard choice cause they each have their character down to a science. I have to give it to Ricky, but it was a photo finish.
 As for the secondary character, I will pick a wild card. The guy that was the head of the International Association of Trailer Parks, Trailer Park Supervisors & Assistant Trailer Park Supervisors(IATPTPSATPS). The way that guy played off of Ricky was gold, he should have been in more shows.
J-Roc raps about gangsters & guns, pimps & hos and Compton. The guy's not from Compton. He's a white kid from a trailer park. He should rap about what he really knows which is living in his mom's trailer eating peanut butter sandwiches.

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #43 on: Jul 05, 2015, 12:29 AM »
With this question you have to ask yourself "if a character were removed from the show, would the show be close to what it is now?" If you ask yourself that question, it comes down to 3 characters. Ricky, Lahey, and Bubbles. So with that being said, it's such a hard choice cause they each have their character down to a science. I have to give it to Ricky, but it was a photo finish.
 As for the secondary character, I will pick a wild card. The guy that was the head of the International Association of Trailer Parks, Trailer Park Supervisors & Assistant Trailer Park Supervisors(IATPTPSATPS). The way that guy played off of Ricky was gold, he should have been in more shows.
   How you gonna pick Bernie Sanford as your favorite secondary character and not even remember his name? I always wondered if that last name was an homage to Redd Foxx.
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then

cinthb

« Reply #44 on: Jul 05, 2015, 10:25 PM »
The leader of the pack, Julian. 
  From the first movie when he hired a film crew to journal his life, to always being the one to solve the chaos.  He's also usually a major catalyst in pressing others to do insane shit as an effort to save the trailer park, there homes, dreams, businesses and relationships. 
Without Julian, Sunnyvale is kind of meaningless in my opinion.  :julian:
« Last Edit: Jul 05, 2015, 10:27 PM by cinthb »