Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Favorite Character  (Read 10213 times)

fuck_offer

Favorite Character
« on: Aug 12, 2004, 07:03 PM »
Tell us your favorite character and why there your favorite.

For me it would be Ricky, why Ricky? Because he's funny as fuck, and i see some similarities between him and myself. Eg. Constant swearing, bing stupid as fuck, blaiming other people and so on.

Purple Squirrel

Favorite Character
« Reply #1 on: Aug 15, 2004, 04:02 PM »
Ricky, always Ricky...he reminds me so much of people I grew up with.  He's a nice guy, heart of gold, just gets frustrated a bit easily and doesn't handle things like other do.  You know, he doesn't know how to express himself when he's trying to be properly different.

Witch-Ho

Favorite Character
« Reply #2 on: Aug 15, 2004, 06:36 PM »
Well it's no secret that Bubbles draws ladies like flies to honey!  I was a loner child, and always kept lots of kitties to keep me company.  He seems like the one in the park with the most actual redeeming characteristics.  I couldn't help but notice though, especially in one scene when he was standing in the pond with his pants legs rolled up- is it coincidence or not that his character looks just like one of Monty Python's "Gumby" family character sketches (the ones that wore four-cornered scarves on their heads and talked really funny, even for Python characters)?  Anyone know what I'm talking about, or if there's a connection?

bigbenjamin

Favorite Character
« Reply #3 on: Aug 15, 2004, 07:06 PM »
ok, i love 'em all - and it is really hard to choose between the three leads - so how about -Who is your favourite secondary character? - i thought the actress who played "Treena" was really good, and i think Trevor is always hilarious.

shake

Favorite Character
« Reply #4 on: Aug 15, 2004, 07:10 PM »
Quote from: Witch-Ho
I couldn't help but notice though, especially in one scene when he was standing in the pond with his pants legs rolled up- is it coincidence or not that his character looks just like one of Monty Python's "Gumby" family character sketches (the ones that wore four-cornered scarves on their heads and talked really funny, even for Python characters)?  Anyone know what I'm talking about, or if there's a connection?

Hey Witch I never thought of it, but he does remind me of those Python characters.  The "My brain hurts" guys.  I don't know if there is a connection or not other than Clattenburg was a Python fan.

I also noticed in the scene where Cst.  Erica Miller is interogating Julian, at the end he asks her if she wants to come in for a drink.  That was like the Python scene where Palin complains to Cleese, who is dressed as a cop that his wallet was stolen.  At the end Palin asks him if he wants to come back to his place and he says yes.

Witch-Ho

Favorite Character
« Reply #5 on: Aug 15, 2004, 08:27 PM »
I also noticed in the scene where Cst.  Erica Miller is interogating Julian, at the end he asks her if she wants to come in for a drink.  That was like the Python scene where Palin complains to Cleese, who is dressed as a cop that his wallet was stolen.  At the end Palin asks him if he wants to come back to his place and he says yes.
 Yes I totally thought of that too, a nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat! :lol: we'll never know unless a cast member tells us!  

------
My favorite non-main character is Sarah, although I also like Billy the sound guy because that answering machine message left me in stitches "this is the best job I've ever had" :lol:

fuck_offer

Favorite Character
« Reply #6 on: Aug 15, 2004, 08:50 PM »
I think my secondary would have to be Corey and Trevor, They're just fucking funny.

Detriot Velvet Smooth

Favorite Character
« Reply #7 on: Aug 15, 2004, 09:52 PM »
J roc, there are so many goofs at my school that act like him and dress like him
I wanted a lady, not fuckin cory and trevor

Mr. CoryTrevor

Favorite Character
« Reply #8 on: Aug 15, 2004, 11:27 PM »
Ricky is great, but my favorites are Cory and Trevor. Especially in the early episodes when they are so out of it, Cory always staring at the camera and squinting, both of them always doing their hand "are we cool?" gesture. They're hilarious. I think Sam Losco is great too. He really cracks me up because he hates Ricky more than anybody, plus he loves his BBQ and you always see him BBQ'ing no matter what. Sometimes it's just in the background. He's hilarious in the Bare Pimp project, when you see how pissed off he is about being framed, then he pops up with a shotgun.

His first appearance was so funny. "I've only known one guy who got shot twice in one day in unrelated incidents...and he was a REAL dick."

His appearance this season was awesome. "SMoking much dope lately boys? You guys are fucked!"

trailerchick

Favorite Character
« Reply #9 on: Aug 15, 2004, 11:34 PM »
Ricky....what can ya not like about a guy who: mangles the spoken language,get's DRUNK AS FUCK, grows wicked dope,has a car with one door,  kidnaps Rita MacNeil to harvest weed, convinces a judge to let him smoke and swear in court and treats his annual lock-up as a vacation!

The guy has the whole package! :D

Jenny

Favorite Character
« Reply #10 on: Aug 15, 2004, 11:42 PM »
Ricky, because he's dumb as fuck. Truth be told, I would probably roll my eyes and shake my head at people that are like him in real life (that stupid-though I don't know if they exist, lol), but he's just such a funny character.

Jenny

Detriot Velvet Smooth

Favorite Character
« Reply #11 on: Aug 15, 2004, 11:45 PM »
Actually Trailer Chick, you're my favoutirte TPB charecter, other than you, andJ roc, Ricky is because I love the way he can go on talking abotuthings like do you know jim, or jim knows you. teaching kids to grow good dope.

Don't we all know someone that can go on like that?

trailerchick

Favorite Character
« Reply #12 on: Aug 15, 2004, 11:48 PM »
Quote from: Detriot Velvet Smooth
Actually Trailer Chick, you're my favoutirte TPB charecter, other than you, andJ roc, Ricky is because I love the way he can go on talking abotuthings like do you know jim, or jim knows you. teaching kids to grow good dope.

Don't we all know someone that can go on like that?

are you refering to my incredibly long run on sentence in the previous post? Might be a record for me! :wink:

Detriot Velvet Smooth

Favorite Character
« Reply #13 on: Aug 15, 2004, 11:51 PM »
Incredibly long, I'm no stranger to that phrase  :wink: , actually no I wasn't refering to it lol. I kept using commas when typing that but then switched to periods.

trailerchick

Favorite Character
« Reply #14 on: Aug 15, 2004, 11:59 PM »
Incredibly long, I'm no stranger to that phrase  :wink:

girls lie all the time!

Detriot Velvet Smooth

Favorite Character
« Reply #15 on: Aug 16, 2004, 12:00 AM »
WOO WOO last chance to ride the DVS train

But naw..they don't lie

trailerchick

Favorite Character
« Reply #16 on: Aug 16, 2004, 12:02 AM »
WOO WOO last chance to ride the DVS train

You must pick up alot of girls with lines like that! :wink:

Detriot Velvet Smooth

Favorite Character
« Reply #17 on: Aug 16, 2004, 12:05 AM »
lol you have no idea

cat-dog

Favorite Character
« Reply #18 on: Aug 16, 2004, 12:13 AM »
lol you have no idea

Either do they!

ZING!

j/k :P
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

Detriot Velvet Smooth

Favorite Character
« Reply #19 on: Aug 16, 2004, 12:19 AM »
Actually its neither so by using either its like a double negative, and so the y really do, and they know jim, or jim knows them or something

c0ry

Favorite Character
« Reply #20 on: Aug 16, 2004, 12:26 AM »
My favorite charaters would have to be Cory and Trevor, because ther such dumbfucks.
"Whoa, whoa easy on the mix there captian, idiot."

bigbenjamin

Favorite Character
« Reply #21 on: Aug 16, 2004, 01:43 AM »
sumpin, sumpin, sumpin back in my shed :twisted: !
or nuthin . .

Saucy Bastard

Favorite Character
« Reply #22 on: Aug 16, 2004, 03:49 AM »
It's gotta be Ricky because because I know several stupid growers who are stupid as fuck,drink way too much and get busted in their big beater cars and then lead the cops back to their grows! For all of their fuck ups I love them just the same. So , for me Ricky is a great amalgamation of some of the funniest guy that I have ever known.
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

puddles

Favorite Character
« Reply #23 on: Aug 16, 2004, 11:12 AM »
I always said Randy because he his a multi-leveled character.  The shirtlessness is brilliant.  To add..this year with the whole "Smokey" alter-ego.  Damn...that is too cool!  He may not have the funniest lines, but just to look at him!  Brilliant character really.

Next, I don't know...I am thinking Jacob.  Basically the 'red shirt guy' from Star Trek.  LOL!  In the odd episode and somehow with a variety of minimum wage jobs..that 'the boys' (mainly Ricky) manages to "F" something up for him and the next episode he is working some other low paying job!  Outstanding!

Of course, the three main boys are great.  Bubbles sensitivity and common-sense.  Julian being the leader who spends more time trying to avoid the law and get ahead in life and look after his friends.  Ricky...who has a huge heart really [except when trailer park dogs are barking] but he is the donkey chasing the carrot!  He has the best intentions..but it never works out for this guy!

Trevor and Cory are the ultimate 'straight guys' in this comedy [and NO, that is not a sexual orientation comment]  These guys are just the ulitimate doormats for Ricky and Julian!  We have all been "Cory and Trevor" at one point in our lives!  Trying to please someone in hopes of gaining friendship in return or to be considered as an 'equal'.

I would say the characters I least relate to [odd being I am a female] are Lucy and Sarah.

Just my two cents.
"Crisis doesn't create character, it reveals it" Denis Leary

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
Favorite Character
« Reply #24 on: Aug 16, 2004, 07:49 PM »
Wow Puddles,
I'll give you a buck sixty-five for that.
If, out of anyone here can nail it, you can.
Great post my puddly pal,
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0