Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Overposting  (Read 10826 times)

Detriot Velvet Smooth

Overposting
« on: Aug 11, 2004, 08:40 PM »
This is more of a suggestion in general...

I am begginng to think that this is the case with fuck_offer I don't have anything personal agaisnt you, but you've said you're self you've gathered over 100 posts in 4 days, the only people with more than you are the moderators. I'm not saying stop posting but you've said it you're self that you tried to reply to every tpoic and bump old topics.

We are all guilty of it once in a while, but if you want people to take you seriously you gotta quit postin a bit...I think I speak on behalf of Tyrone when I say...80-90 posts in 3 days is too many.

With that said, I know I am coming off as a  huge dick, but it's the truth, I'm not saying you never had anything valid to say, I'm saying tone it down a few notches.
I wanted a lady, not fuckin cory and trevor

fuck_offer

Overposting
« Reply #1 on: Aug 11, 2004, 09:12 PM »
Alright man whatever i'll just stop posting completly just to make some dicks happy. cat-dog told me on msn that there was no problum with my postings because i aint spamming im making convosation with people but what the fuck, you make one dick happy you make them all, no offence to anyone I find you all great people except the jelious dv fucking d.

Edit: what do you want me to do make new posts about my favorite movies and bands? whats gonna make the double bacon dick burger happy?

Edit:I'm a fucking 14 year old kid on summer break just relaxing at home what else am i gonna fucking do? I havnt spammed i just dont' wanna make new fucking threads.

Alright then all in favor for me to stop posting for the sake of dvd's jeliousy say aye. (cat-dog i'm sorry bout all this nonsense but it's dvd's fault.)

SixPaperJoints

Overposting
« Reply #2 on: Aug 11, 2004, 09:21 PM »
LET THE FLAMING BEGIN!!!
"Great fuckin' speech, Sam. Woooo!" -Bubbles

Witch-Ho

Overposting
« Reply #3 on: Aug 11, 2004, 09:22 PM »
Hey some of us are just bored here, I've overposted a bit too... sometimes places like this are all people have to spice up a boring day.  I see BOTH of your points, and all I can say is, chill out, nobody overreact, there's no need to fight about it or to stop posting altogether.  Some people just have really different styles and personas on the web.  I for instance have a strong tendency to reply directly to myself, I always have.  Others have different quirks.  We should all just work with the neighbors we have in the VTP

fuck_offer

Overposting
« Reply #4 on: Aug 11, 2004, 09:24 PM »
once you posts are over dvd's and your not a mod he'll rant and rave about you, smokey watch you next i bet.

Edit: I know your around dvd come on put your 2 cents in i  know you wanna.

Detriot Velvet Smooth

Overposting
« Reply #5 on: Aug 11, 2004, 09:27 PM »
Read my whole post, I'm saying tone it down, you're posintg out of you're hat...posting to read you're on text I'm sure you're a grewat guy just tone it done

fuck_offer

Overposting
« Reply #6 on: Aug 11, 2004, 09:29 PM »
Judging a book by its colors what your doing, i want you to ead all posts by me right now tell me how many are spamming

SixPaperJoints

Overposting
« Reply #7 on: Aug 11, 2004, 09:34 PM »
He never said you were spamming dude, just posting too much. There's two sides to every story, so just sit back and relax. Maybe smoke a doobs while you're at it. You'll be aight.

Detriot Velvet Smooth

Overposting
« Reply #8 on: Aug 11, 2004, 09:35 PM »
Quote from: Witch-Ho
Hey some of us are just bored here, I've overposted a bit too... sometimes places like this are all people have to spice up a boring day.  I see BOTH of your points, and all I can say is, chill out, nobody overreact, there's no need to fight about it or to stop posting altogether.  Some people just have really different styles and personas on the web.  I for instance have a strong tendency to reply directly to myself, I always have.  Others have different quirks.  We should all just work with the neighbors we have in the VTP

I tried to cover all this, I over post too we all do and I didn't say stop altogether jsut tone it down a little gnomesayin?

fuck_offer

Overposting
« Reply #9 on: Aug 11, 2004, 09:36 PM »
He's saying that i post for the hell of total posts, i don't i just thought it would be nice to post on the board and reply to people, but i guess the whole message board changed and now i got a limit of posts per day.

fuck_offer

Overposting
« Reply #10 on: Aug 11, 2004, 09:43 PM »
I don't hate you dvd i hate the fact that no ones had a problum but you and you made a pointless thread to piss me off, i think cat-dog or one of the mods should delete it.

Detriot Velvet Smooth

Overposting
« Reply #11 on: Aug 11, 2004, 09:47 PM »
I don't hate you either, jsut its been a bit much over the last 4 days If i hated you you'd know lol

fuck_offer

Overposting
« Reply #12 on: Aug 11, 2004, 09:51 PM »
You read my posts yet?

SixPaperJoints

Overposting
« Reply #13 on: Aug 11, 2004, 09:52 PM »
I'd like to see how many of us would stay if this forum didn't count the user's "total posts".

fuck_offer

Overposting
« Reply #14 on: Aug 11, 2004, 09:57 PM »
I'd still be here and id still have as many posts as now even without total.
edit: I'm sorry im just pissed because im baby sitting and my aunt dont got no music downloading so im useing dumb yahoo radio and it got suck on some real horrible stuff.

bigbenjamin

Overposting
« Reply #15 on: Aug 11, 2004, 10:13 PM »
I was never part of this thread, until I noticed this-
"On showcase bigbenjamin posted to almost everything bumping old topics..etc just to raise his post count. This isn't to say that he had nothing good to sayk but after a while people just skip over the posts."

While DVS is not altogether wrong about a hyper posting phase I went through, it escapes me how DVS figures pointing a rude finger at a guy not even involved in this silly argument is somehow more kosher than regular posting, or "over posting" - i mean it is all very subjective - i've seen DVS and many perfectly decent members, post like maniacs on a given evening. And hey, come on - where is the harm? Nobody likes hateful, ugly stuff - but no one here is doing that.
I think it is none of my business how much or how little another member wants to post. As a friend once explained to me - "Don't take orders from anyone on a computer screen, unless they're paying your ISP."
Cheers!

fuck_offer

Overposting
« Reply #16 on: Aug 11, 2004, 10:17 PM »
well said bigben! he jsut picks us outta random to start something.
Cheers!

bigbenjamin

Overposting
« Reply #17 on: Aug 11, 2004, 10:24 PM »
Nice to hear from you -fuck_offer :D  - how did you get started posting on this board, may i ask? (some genius will say - this is not a chat board, later you'll see the same member chatting up his pals - don't take these self-appointed Miss Manners too fucking seriously!)  What part of the country are you from? You know i'm in Downtown Toronto.

fuck_offer

Overposting
« Reply #18 on: Aug 11, 2004, 10:25 PM »
I'm from saint john all the way over in new brunswick, i dont really know how i start. lol just started posting

bigbenjamin

Overposting
« Reply #19 on: Aug 11, 2004, 10:32 PM »
Nice place! Did you post on Showcase? How did this nonsense between you & DVS start? It is best not to be so judgemental towards other members - you know, unless your being flamed - hey then walk away from the arsehole. nomesayin - don't feed 'em.

SixPaperJoints

Overposting
« Reply #20 on: Aug 11, 2004, 10:33 PM »
You guys have a good point - who cares if someone is posting frequently. After all, it's only helping the board. On the other hand you have to realize what DVS is trying to say; excessive posting can get on some people's nerves.

BB can tell you how I accused him of one thing or another on the showcase forum. But, hey, I was being a dick, cory and trevor were being dicks, and a whole bunch of people were being dicks. Honestly, I think DVS is just trying to put out some constructive criticism. But deep down he might be trying to stir something up, just for fun. I have to admit I joined the showcase board to stir shit up a little cuz it was getting a little boring.

fuck offer, you just should turn it down a notch, so no one will have a reason to bitch.

P.S. Bigben, have you tried the brownies yet man?

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
Overposting
« Reply #21 on: Aug 11, 2004, 10:35 PM »
Ok: Posting... my opinion: Fuck offer, you're not causing any harm but sometimes i see this huge list of topics with new posts and i click it to see what's been added really doesn't add anything, you know? But aside from that, we're still partying.
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

bigbenjamin

Overposting
« Reply #22 on: Aug 11, 2004, 10:39 PM »
SPJ - Mr. Deluxe - i made a tiny batch, because i was low on product - the taste was decent - and since the product wz primo - the effect was slow to happen but also slow to wind down - thanks man - i owe you one -oh, and now more product is at hand, soooo. . hey, why not start a dope recipe thread? You do it man, it's yr thing. :lol:  Cheers!

bigbenjamin

Overposting
« Reply #23 on: Aug 11, 2004, 10:56 PM »
Quote from: BoTTleKid
Ok: Posting... my opinion: Fuck offer, you're not causing any harm but sometimes i see this huge list of topics with new posts and i click it to see what's been added really doesn't add anything, you know? But aside from that, we're still partying.

Can cops express an opinion?  Pulling your chain! :wink:  I guess i haven't had time to read all those threads, but still and all - it all averages out - sometimes you wanna post a bunch, and other times you wanna lay back.
As long as a guy is not abusing members and making a zillion blank fucking posts, then who really cares?
All that aside -GREAT BOARD! I wish i had spent more time over here - much better atmosphere and function - love those cops!  Cheers!

SixPaperJoints

Overposting
« Reply #24 on: Aug 11, 2004, 10:57 PM »
Good to hear that it worked. It's good to start off with a small batch, instead of wasting 12 grams if you screw it up, like I did my first time. Hehe, I wasted 80 bucks in about 15 minutes that day.

I think i might start a Cooking with MJ topic, thanks for the idea BB.