Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Editing posts  (Read 2360 times)

Witch-Ho

Editing posts
« on: Aug 10, 2004, 07:16 PM »
I think it's really nice that you can edit your own posts, for when you misspell stuff or want to change your mind on something- but is there any way to delete your post altogether, like when you screw up on your image formatting (as I just did, twice) -or even for people who may say something mean that they regret, then want to take the material down when they've cooled off?  If it's just a setting I think it would be nice, and might keep the clutter down (as well as save a little work from our good webmasters)

fuck_offer

Editing posts
« Reply #1 on: Aug 10, 2004, 07:18 PM »
Edit:No the delete button is the little X by edit.

Witch-Ho

Editing posts
« Reply #2 on: Aug 10, 2004, 07:31 PM »
It looks like the same button!  I'll try it.  Maybe I'm still getting wierdness from using Mozilla instead of Internet Explorer?

Wait, now I see it, but only on my last post, it's like the older ones are locked or something.  When I mouse over the button it says edit/delete in the tooltip window, but if I click it just takes me to the editing interface, and I don't see the delete option there.  I tried simply erasing it but it wouldn't let me submit an empty post obviously, so I'm still confused!  Am I just a Mrs. Stupityhead or what?

fuck_offer

Editing posts
« Reply #3 on: Aug 10, 2004, 07:40 PM »
No problem, always here, litterally. :roll:

Detriot Velvet Smooth

Editing posts
« Reply #4 on: Aug 10, 2004, 11:56 PM »
lol, we can tell almost 100 posts in 3 days lol
I wanted a lady, not fuckin cory and trevor

cat-dog

Editing posts
« Reply #5 on: Aug 11, 2004, 02:32 AM »

This is what my options are (minus the handy dandy IP tracer button :)), the X deletes the post, do you have that option?
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

fuck_offer

Editing posts
« Reply #6 on: Aug 11, 2004, 10:00 AM »
Told ya it was there susannah. :wink:

Oh I get why you can't delete it now becasue after awhile it don't allow you to delete your posts.

cat-dog

Editing posts
« Reply #7 on: Aug 11, 2004, 12:49 PM »
In that case, if you are unable to delete a post due to its age, just send a PM to me, px or BottleKid.. and we can take care of it for you :)
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

Witch-Ho

Editing posts
« Reply #8 on: Aug 11, 2004, 01:37 PM »
yeah, I see that little X but only on the most recent post- I'm often to high or airheaded to realize I've messed up before I've moved on to say some other crap so it's of limited use to me (I type faster than I can think) -if I have any real problems I'll just PM about it- otherwise it's pretty easy to see where I've screwed up, like posts that have a little box with a red X in it instead of a picture, feel free to delete that crap- in fact feel free to delete whatever of mine, it's your website and I've never taken silly stuff like that personally  :D

fuck_offer

Editing posts
« Reply #9 on: Aug 11, 2004, 01:46 PM »
Come on now Susannah we all love your posts. :wink:
Why would anyone wanna delete them?

Witch-Ho

Editing posts
« Reply #10 on: Aug 11, 2004, 02:15 PM »
I dunno, I just figure moderators can delete whatever they want to, it's their webspace.  I was just sayin, gnomesayin?  You figured out how to spell my name, how sweet!  People have been putting a Z in there my whole damn life!

fuck_offer

Editing posts
« Reply #11 on: Aug 11, 2004, 02:16 PM »
Yeah I dig what your saying, i'm just saying your one of those great people  :wink:

cat-dog

Editing posts
« Reply #12 on: Aug 11, 2004, 04:04 PM »
The only moderation I've had to do here, has been very minor. Cleaning up some misplaced tags, double posts, or moving posts to a more correct forum, etc..

I'd hate to censor people, as I know I wouldn't appreciate it myself, everyone is entitled to an opinion, be it bad or good, smart or stupid, and should be free to speak their mind.. We are censored in many other ways, despite freedom of speech, and the internet should be the last place to do it, imho anyways :P

That being said, if there is obviously something offensive said, that really doesn't belong, I won't hesitate to zap it using fair judgement.

Witch-Ho, you're a very welcome member of our community here, I've really enjoyed reading your posts :)