Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Weed Plants  (Read 13317 times)

Joe Lahey

• Location: I Ain't Straight outta Compton, I'm straight out the Trailer
Weed Plants
« on: Oct 24, 2005, 05:13 PM »
  :leaf: :leaf: Heres a question I recently thought about,  :leaf: The weed plants look legit when they are growing clones in the hydro gear. :leaf:  When they are growing the huge plants in season 4 aren't these actual weed plants that they are wandering through and are starring in several episodes?  :leaf: There are fields of huge plants :leaf: How does it work? :leaf: Is this something that flies in Canada ? :leaf:  I dont imagine you could get away with this type of thing here in the states.Any insight would be interesting  :leaf: :leaf:
Sam Losco is tough on crime

cat-dog

Re: Weed Plants
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2005, 05:22 PM »
It was a farmer's hemp field in season 4.. he feeds his pigs with it.. almost no thc
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

Shit machine gun

« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2005, 05:28 PM »
Those pigs must still get a little stoned.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

cat-dog

« Reply #3 on: Oct 24, 2005, 08:05 PM »
well thc needs to be heated before it's really active as far as I know.. with such low levels being in hemp, I would be suprised if they did.
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

bigbenjamin

« Reply #4 on: Oct 24, 2005, 08:47 PM »
Well, yes those were low-THC hemp plants, but our government must also grow reasonably potent stuff to fulfill their Supreme Court mandated obligation to make it available to those with gov't permits & prescriptions, correct?

Meanwhile:

THC refers to Tetrahydrocannabinols, which is the active chemical in cannabis, or marijuana, responsible for making its users high. Its chemical formula is C21-H30-O2.

THC is both fat and water soluble, meaning that it cannot be broken down by either. This is why the consumption of raw cannabis does not result in a high. However, through the use of alcohol or heat, THC can be drawn out of cannabis. Common examples of this include smoking cannabis, cooking cannabis in butter and using it in recipes such as brownies, or soaking cannabis in alcohol. Generally, the effects and length of being high are heightened when the THC in cannabis is consumed versus smoked.

The percentage of THC in cannabis varies greatly depending on quality, ranging anywhere from 1% - 8% for low grade cannabis, 8% - 16% for mid grade, and 17% - 24% for high grade. A higher level of THC is directly proportional to how high a user will feel.

do you feel anything cheers

RockJ

« Reply #5 on: Oct 24, 2005, 09:34 PM »
I am shocked and appauled that you know so much about hemp (cough cough) weed Big Ben!
Damn it sucks not being able to see the episodes first hand again!!!

cat-dog

« Reply #6 on: Oct 24, 2005, 10:26 PM »
Well, yes those were low-THC hemp plants, but our government must also grow reasonably potent stuff to fulfill their Supreme Court mandated obligation to make it available to those with gov't permits & prescriptions, correct?

Actually the weed the government grew in the old mine shafts was terrible from everything I heard. Patients were sending it back because it tasted horrid, and barely got them high compared to the "illegal" weed they had been buying from their own dealers beforehand. I also remember hearing that there were all sorts of minerals in the plants from whatever was mined in the tunnels before - and it was making people sick when they smoked it.

Lots of info here: http://www.medicalmarihuana.ca/govtpot.html

bigbenjamin

« Reply #7 on: Oct 25, 2005, 12:30 AM »
Thanks c.d., good info. I tried to get a student of mine, a 14 year old boy from Japan who'd come to Toronto for a heart transplant, to apply for gov't grass, but his mother was too afraid of getting involved with the gov't. The boy had to wait for over a year, and all the meds needed to keep him alive, made it almost impossible for him to eat enough to stay alive. Also his mum didn't want him on a drip or intubated, she wanted to try to keep him on real food. I took some independent action and he managed to develop a healthy appetite, surviving until he got his new heart. He is back home and in normal highschool - da weed saves lives, word!

:ganja: :clapping: cheers!

StoneChimes

« Reply #8 on: Oct 25, 2005, 12:33 AM »
Awesome story BB. Thanks.
“It’s funny that pirates were always going around searching for treasure, and they never realized that the real treasure was the fond memories they were creating.”
—Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

bigbenjamin

« Reply #9 on: Oct 25, 2005, 12:49 AM »
Awesome story BB. Thanks.

Thanks SC, here is a pic of my guy a few days after he got his new heart (also his mother and grandfather):

got to legalize it cheers!

StoneChimes

« Reply #10 on: Oct 25, 2005, 12:58 AM »
Fantastic! Out of respect, I think I'll take a special trip to my back shed/grotto and medicate myself. You certainly get urself in some wacky adventures ben.

BB = 'Peace Warrior'. Special Ability: Compassion. Weapons: Milk of human kindness and a modified AK47.
 Element: Earth. Achilles heel: ???

It needs some work. Supercheers.

EDIT - and just taking a second look at that grandfather - I think he could kill a man three times before he hit the ground. He'd make a great sidekick.
« Last Edit: Oct 25, 2005, 01:02 AM by StoneChimes »
“It’s funny that pirates were always going around searching for treasure, and they never realized that the real treasure was the fond memories they were creating.”
—Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

roadtriprob

« Reply #11 on: Oct 25, 2005, 01:29 AM »
Hey BB nice to see there are still people that do what needs to be done to get IT  done .
  Cheers
Road trip. The ultimate survival game. Where men can be boys!

Canuckguy

« Reply #12 on: Oct 25, 2005, 01:52 PM »
Wow good work Benny!  :leaf:  Very honorable and thoughtful of you

shake

« Reply #13 on: Oct 25, 2005, 05:12 PM »
Yeah good going Ben.  The original question in the thread gets asked every now and then so I added it to the FAQ thread.