Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: What is your favorite scary movie?  (Read 16856 times)

Dirty Dancin

Re: What is your favorite scary movie?
« Reply #25 on: Oct 25, 2005, 03:46 PM »
I do not get scared watching Horror movies either. I just know that it is just a movie in the back of my head. But I did enjoy The Stand for the same reason's that Melba stated above. Silence of the Lambs was awesome as well. One other thing that I must mention is:

I HATE Clowns and Ventriloquist dummies ! Pennywise is evil, evil I tell ya  :evil: :twisted:. As for Ventriloquist dummies, I have yet to watch the movie Magic and I always cheer for joy when Julian shoots Conky  :bubbles:

OMG!!!!!! David B, you just reminded of something I'd totally forgotten...I had recurring nightmares as a child thanks to that little fucker from Magic!!!!!!

I LOVE scary movies...even though I'm not easily spooked anymore. My favorite scary movies have pretty much already been covered by everyone else...the first Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween and Friday the 13th. Poltergeist and the Exorcist scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. And more recently, I'd have to say the Ring totally freaked me out.
« Last Edit: Oct 25, 2005, 03:57 PM by Dirty Dancin »
"It doesn't hurt to do something absolutely outrageous."

the beav

« Reply #26 on: Oct 25, 2005, 05:40 PM »
Stir Of Echoes  folks, if you haven't seen it Vancouver and I recommend it.  If you want to rent something you haven't seen before this weekend....look it up at the local video store.  It's not a new release so you'll have to go searchin'

good luck...it's a good one! :beeer:

I may have alzheimer's...But at least I don't have alzheimer's

http://www.marijuana.org/GraphixFolder/graphix/%2521mbox.gif[/img]

JulianRocks

« Reply #27 on: Oct 25, 2005, 06:45 PM »
Don't like clowns eh? You musta just loved "Pennywise" the clown from Stephen King's "IT"

That movie just proves my point.....clowns are BAD :evil:!!! :lol: But I do own that movie. What can I say, I love my horror movies!

Glad to see I'm not alone about the clowns.  :)

the beav

« Reply #28 on: Oct 25, 2005, 06:55 PM »
Hey beav, in regards to Children of the Corn, I have been wondering something for a while now; when Ricky, Julian, Bubbles, Cory & Trevor are caught by the Zeller's store cops, the head mall cop guy calls two of his guys 'Mordecai & Horatio' (sorry about the spelling), are those two names from Children of the Corn? I remember those kids having names along those lines but I can't remember if those particular names are used.

That's a good question Melba.  I'm not exactly sure if that's a "Children" reference or not.  I know one guys' name was Malachi in the movie...creepy bastard.  I'll have to do some research. :beeer:

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #29 on: Oct 25, 2005, 07:42 PM »
I have Children of the Corn, but am reluctant to put it on, but this has been bothering me for a while, so I may have to give in. Tonight I have to stay up late because I'm working nights tomorrow evening, so maybe if I feel brave I'll watch it (I'll let you know the results).
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

tan

« Reply #30 on: Oct 25, 2005, 08:03 PM »
haha i had forgot about stephen king's it.....that poor clown, i scared my daughter shitless when she was a kid.....the TV caught her eye cause ya seen that little bike, which she had just got one that day for her birthday......next thing ya know that  clown pops up...man i stayed up with her for like a whole week.....   :? and she was a very verbal 2 year old.....she kept telling off clowns  :shock:

and yes i also will recommend stir of echos....it was the edge of ya seat kind and the story was pretty good too....its not way out there psychotic creature just killing away for no reason.....definent good show

has anyone watched the new ones recently out....boogey man, white noise, oh forget what else,....darkness...yadda yadda yadda....there was a bunch that came out at once.....i did watch them all wanna know ya take on them if ya seen them

tan

the beav

« Reply #31 on: Oct 25, 2005, 08:06 PM »
I googled the Movie...I don't think there was a Horatio :lol:

Children of the Corn (1984)
  Directed by
Fritz Kiersch

Writing credits
Stephen King (short story)
George Goldsmith (screenplay)

Genre: Fantasy / Horror / Thriller  

Tagline: An adult nightmare.  

Plot Summary: A boy preacher named Isaac goes to a town in Nebraska called Gatlin and gets all the children to murder every adult in town...  

Spooky, thought-evoking revelation into the dark world of the occult. (more)

Cast overview, first billed only:  
Peter Horton ....  Burton Stanton
Linda Hamilton ....  Vicky
R.G. Armstrong ....  Diehl
John Franklin ....  Isaac Chroner
Courtney Gains ....  Malachai
Robby Kiger ....  Job
Anne Marie McEvoy ....  Sarah (as AnneMarie McEvoy)
Julie Maddalena ....  Rachel
Jonas Marlowe ....  Joseph
John Philbin ....  Richard 'Amos' Deigan
Dan Snook ....  Boy
David Cowen ....  Dad
Suzy Southam ....  Mom
D.G. Johnson ....  Mr. Hansen
Patrick Boylan ....  Hansen's customer
  (more)

Also Known As:
Stephen King's Children of the Corn
Runtime: 93 min
Language: English
Color: Color
Sound Mix: Mono

Trivia: In the original ending of the story Linda Hamilton's character Vicki was killed by the children. She joined "the blue man" on a cross and had her eyes cut out.

goofs: Revealing mistakes: When Burt throws the flaming bottle, when it hit's the ground, the dirt set alight and the fire spreads. On the dirt you can see the flammable liquid causing the flames to spread.

Quotes:
Job: Is it dead?
Burt Robeson: I think so.
Job: Then why are we still running?

I saw this film sitting on my Dad's lap when I was about seven years old. (I was a horror film fanatic from a very early age on.) We used to sit up watching late night scary movies while my Mom went to her ceramics classes.

Dad and I loved this movie. There is no sex or nudity in this film. Even though the images are pretty graphic, if your older children are mature enough to handle a little fright, this should be okay for them. Besides, since the children are the "bad guys", your kids should be pretty happy!!

My favorite actors in the film are the two star children (Joby and Sarah). They really make the film eerie with their innocence and sadness over losing their families. Malachi would be the scariest character. Even the way the other children in the movie gasp when they hear his name makes me shudder. I would not want to face him either!! Another aspect that makes this film so scary is the music. The director adds clips at just the right moments but doesn't forget to leave ample silence. There is nothing greater to add to the suspense than a good dose of silent screen. Then all your senses get a jolt at once when the big horror scene comes alive.

The most suspenseful scene is when the boy stumbles out onto the highway clutching his sliced throat. It's a real hair raiser!! But, without revealing too much, I guess I will close by saying that this is by far one of the best horror films I have ever seen. A little strange, but, then again, this IS a Stephen King film. Need I say more??

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #32 on: Oct 25, 2005, 08:11 PM »
Thanks beav! I'm kinda glad I don't have to watch it (I keep forgetting I could just do the same as you have & Google it), now I can watch some more of my Fraggles DVDs instead!
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

knocknock

« Reply #33 on: Oct 25, 2005, 08:58 PM »
one movie i'll never forget cept the name was about a group of people who found an egg and this eggs mother was some kind of invisible monster,i was only about 5 when i watched it which is going back 35 years...sorry i cant remember it but they couldnt kill it till they realized it wanted the egg back

haha the count yorga vampire movies scared me too,especially female vampires, also a movie about a witch that haunts this couples house and  she's walking towards the mother saying"give me the baby"
at the end the baby laughs like the witch

Fuck off

"long live the org"--Mike Clattenburg

RumNCoke

« Reply #34 on: Oct 25, 2005, 09:56 PM »
Great subject! I love horror movies. I'm a fan of the cheesy slasher films. My favourite ones are The Ring, The Blair Witch Project, Halloween 1, Halloween 2, and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (both the original and the remake). I'm in love with Jessica Biel. =P~

Here's a trailer to a horror movie coming out next year. It's called Slither. This movie is going to be an absolute gore fest.
WARNING! THIS TRAILER IS VERY VIOLENT AND GRAPHIC!

http://www.chud.com/video/slither_comic_con_700k.mov

[attachment deleted by admin]

bigbenjamin

« Reply #35 on: Oct 25, 2005, 10:56 PM »
Thanks RnC, that shit is fun, but actually not sooooo scary!
Takes a brave idiot to watch horror movies under the influence of psychotropics like LSD and shrooms . . me and the Mrs., back when she wz just a Miss, went to see the original Private Parts (1972) "A most bizarre voyage into the psycho sexual!" - under such self-imposed befuddlement (christ! saw killer spies and haflings in the lobby :beating: - Only saw that gree-ee-easy horror/sex flic once - but I've been afraid to see it again  :shock: !!!

Anybody see 1972's Body Parts, not under the influence?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069124/

Call Me Aunt Martha..Everybody Does Cheers!

knocknock

« Reply #36 on: Oct 26, 2005, 01:08 AM »
 :lol:
i nearly freaked out from spongebob squarepants on shrooms once,squidsworth suction sounds were like 3-d in my head
Fuck off

tan

« Reply #37 on: Oct 26, 2005, 05:46 AM »
 :shock: sponge bob is scary in general...don't need shroom for that

EvilTwin

« Reply #38 on: Oct 26, 2005, 08:02 AM »
My all time favorite has to be the original "Salems Lot"  8) My mom made me watch it with her when I was about 9. :lol: I had bad dreams about vampires for a couple of months  after that :lol: Thanks mom!!
Incidently, the book by Stephen King is the only horror novel that gave me the creeps.
Then I saw "The Lost Boys" and vampires were cool then. :lol:

Maddoggystyle

• www.wrassle.net
« Reply #39 on: Oct 26, 2005, 08:25 AM »
Children of the corn was one of the greatest, I remember being scared shitless. Even today driving by a corn field I pray to god the car doesn't break down. The first time I watched "Nightmare on Elm St." was the first time I ever got stoned and you know what I dreamed about it for a fucking year afterwards. But my favorite scary movie is "Pitch Black"! It wasn't too gross but it was shit your pants scary but yet strangly funny....
I don't regret what I haven't done yet...

knocknock

« Reply #40 on: Oct 26, 2005, 10:36 AM »
:shock: sponge bob is scary in general...don't need shroom for that

haha its pretty ironic,my 6 yr old son made me watch it with him :D

i watched the new amityville horror today,it was kinda spooky with those damned loud noises but it kinda reminded me of the ring

right now i'm about to watch 'the exorcism of emily rose',the previews look ok

haha yeah evil,that was a good one too...i have to check out the new version

Fuck off

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #41 on: Oct 26, 2005, 02:06 PM »
Anybody ever seen Black Christmas? I think I've only seen it once in high school, but remember it being a pretty good movie (& a bit scary, the suffocated body in the attic is kinda creepy). By the way, Andrea Martin is in it!

Shit machine gun

« Reply #42 on: Oct 26, 2005, 02:50 PM »
spice world.  yIKES
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

diesel69

« Reply #43 on: Oct 26, 2005, 05:22 PM »
candyman- say that while lookin into a mirror 3 times candyman-candyman-candyman
                                            DEAD
DEATH IS A LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT!

cottonelle lover

• Location: Took a lot of Bullshit but I made it. Canada is home now
« Reply #44 on: Oct 26, 2005, 09:12 PM »
The Eye...I posted this once before somewhere...it is a Japanese flick...by the Pang brothers...great film...The gates of hell is another scary one....in our house we prefer the true tales in documentary form for a good scare...but definitely The Exorcist....The Omen....."your mother was a JACKAL"  great line....Rosemary's Baby...The hills have eyes....all great classics...and how could I forget..Night of the Demons. 

Bailey

« Reply #45 on: Oct 27, 2005, 03:17 AM »
LOL yeah, those hollywood horror flicks are a bit of a joke, violent splatterfests don't make for scary viewing imho..

The scariest thing i ever remember seeing (in a movie) was when i was really young, saw Firestarter, that bit where she's in the hospital and the person next to her is talking about being diagnosed with some form of shrinking (tho the patient doesn't believe it), and when the camera shoots back to them they're a foot smaller ie the sheets are higher. Holy crap remember that scene like it was yesterday, not 20 odd years ago. 

Very suble, but oh so scary.  I'm right into the pschological thrillers myself, shit that just makes you go WTF?  For example Sin (i think it's called that), that movie about the snuff flicks using underage chicks, jesus that still makes my stomach turn.  And i realised the reason it does make me so sick is cause it's true, sick fucks around the world do this sort of shite everyday.  There's a hell of a lot of scarier shit in this world than chainsaw wielding maniacs...  :)
Peace

monkeon

• www.monkeon.tk
« Reply #46 on: Nov 02, 2005, 04:35 PM »
Anyone who's scared by clowns should try and see Killer Klowns From Outer Space its a great camp horror film, BUT (and its a big but :lol:) if you worried by clowns the ones in this movie are pretty damm creepy case in point:

The movie Christine about the car has always scared me. I saw it when I was young and I refused to travel in the car with my mum and dad for about a month after :P

Mr. Lahey: Birds of a shitfeather flock together, Randy.
QUOTE GENEROUSLY SUPPLIED BY THE KING OF BELGIUM DJET3K[/b] WHO IS FAKKIN' SHITTASTIC

SaraSteel

« Reply #47 on: Nov 03, 2005, 01:10 AM »
Scary movies... it's a hard one to pick...
I love scary movies and I always have, I'm gonna have to go with anything with Jason Voorhees in it, so basically ny Friday the 13th, i LOVED Freddy V Jason, because in a way it made you feel sorry for Jason Voorhees and what actually happened to him..
Now movies that make me actually shit myself..
Doom... - GROSS SCARY
Stir of Echos..-AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Blair Witch Project- Just creeped me out.
Halloween Res- Just because my friend kept grabbing my arm.

And I do agree the new amityville horror was 10 times scaryier than the first one.. first one bored me to death!!

See ya round..

KJ :D

If I caN't SmOkE & SwEaR.... I'M fU(kED

bigbenjamin

« Reply #48 on: Nov 03, 2005, 01:37 AM »
I lived on horror movies as a kid. My mother usually wanted my father and me out of the way on weekends, so he'd go to his office downtown and drop me off at the fackin movies. I most often chose the cheapest theatre, usually a double or trible horror bill. I saw sooooo many great cheapo flicks, one with brains that bounced along on spinal columns and one from Japan, "Rodan" IN COLOUR - oh fuck, that was a scary movie at the time!

Boris Karloff's original Frankenstein, Bela Lugosi's Dracula and Rodan would be near the top of my list. Love all the Ed Wood and Roger Coreman cheap and greasy shite too!

i never drink . . . . . wine, cheers!
« Last Edit: Nov 03, 2005, 02:19 AM by bigbenjamin »

Vancouver

« Reply #49 on: Nov 03, 2005, 04:04 PM »
so did anyone ever end up watchin "StirOfEchoes"??
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!