Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: What is your favorite scary movie?  (Read 15068 times)

sweettrailerparkgirl

What is your favorite scary movie?
« on: Oct 24, 2005, 12:09 PM »
With Halloween coming up, just wanted to know what everyone's favorite scary movie is?
Mine is Halloween 2. Scared the crap out of me!!
I want to believe

shake

Re: What is your favorite scary movie?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2005, 12:37 PM »
The scariest movie I ever saw was The Exorcist.  It is also the most disturbing movie I ever saw.  I was only 13 when I first saw it so that didn’t help.  I also really liked The Omen.

Babs(divine)johnson

« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2005, 12:47 PM »
I'd have to say the John Waters classic "Pink Flamingos"...
"Mr. Lahey the c*ck's done!!!"-Smokey

Seonachan

• Chi Mi Bhuam
« Reply #3 on: Oct 24, 2005, 01:12 PM »
Evil Dead, though spoof-ish, has some white-knuckle moments. The zombie sticking her head up through the loosely padlocked trap door in the floor totally freaked me out.

The Wicker Man - not a horror movie in the same sense as most others, but it gives off a mischievously creepy vibe. And the ending rocks.

On a recommendation from a reviewer in the local paper, we rented The Haunting (1961 version), which was pretty good. Almost zero special effects, which actually made the haunted house happenings scarier.

The article mentioned above lists several recommendations and can be viewed here:

http://valleyadvocate.com/gbase/Guides/content.html?oid=oid:128673

Based on the description, Hell House sounds great - a documentary on fundamentalist Christian haunted houses!
"In what respect, Charlie?"

Shit machine gun

« Reply #4 on: Oct 24, 2005, 01:44 PM »
Nightmare on Elm Street used to scare the shit out of me.

The Blair Witch Project-saw it the weekend it came out, and had a gentleman on a breathing apparattus at the back of the theatre.  So all we could hear was this darth vader like breathing and the movie.  It freaked us right out.

Jeepers Creepers was good.

THe Ring and Signs were constantly making the hairs on my neck stand up but weren't really scary. 
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Vancouver

« Reply #5 on: Oct 24, 2005, 03:06 PM »
I don't watch scary movies at all, I hate having those images in my mind, but one day my friend rented "Stir Of Echoes" and told me "its not scary..."
HOLY FACK Stir of Echoes is the SCARIEST MOVIE EVER MADE! Ill never get those gotdam images outta my head...
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

Drunk_As_Fuck

« Reply #6 on: Oct 24, 2005, 03:09 PM »
"Slumber Party Massacre".  Slasher flick from the early 80's that should have gave top billing to "Black and Decker" lol!. Saw it in the theater at a Saturday afternoon show with "the boys" waaaay back in the day.  It was one of those that was so bad it was funny.

JulianRocks

« Reply #7 on: Oct 24, 2005, 03:40 PM »
I LOVE Horror Movies!! It's so hard to pic a fav. I have all of Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street and I have the box set of Friday the 13th. I own loads more but those are classics! :D

BC Babe

• my store!
« Reply #8 on: Oct 24, 2005, 04:04 PM »
The Hellraiser movies are good for a freak out from time to time...Nightmare on Elm St, man I loved those when I was growing up!
Yeah, whatever.....

Ole Dirty

« Reply #9 on: Oct 24, 2005, 04:11 PM »
The First Excorcist scared the pantiloons off me the first time I watched it. Pet Cemetary freaked me out when I was a kid as well...and the scariest movie of all time. FROM JUSTIN TO KELLY....
"Your life will never be complete...until you snort a coke line off a $10 000 hooker's ass." ~Grandpa Ole Dirty

"Wearing pants is such a hassle" ~ Ole Dirty

"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Chuck Norris."

bigbenjamin

« Reply #10 on: Oct 24, 2005, 04:21 PM »
I LOVE Horror Movies!! It's so hard to pic a fav. I have all of Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street and I have the box set of Friday the 13th. I own loads more but those are classics! :D

Hey girl, love your taste! How about the Hellraiser movies, those are majorly creep-a-zoidal !!!
The Evil Dead movies are uneven (LOVE the original) and the recent batch of Japanese horror movies (Ringu, Ju-on, etc.) are so beautifully twisted. Also love the all the early stuff, from Frankenstein(1931), Dracula(1931) and White Zombie(1932) to The Uninvited(1944) and Carnival of Souls(1962).

Happy Halloween viewing!

Cheers!
« Last Edit: Oct 25, 2005, 01:12 AM by bigbenjamin »

JulianRocks

« Reply #11 on: Oct 24, 2005, 04:28 PM »
Definately Ben! I just can't get enough of Horror movies. Would love to see "The Fog" but it isn't in theatres in my area yet. Evil Dead is without a doubt my hubbies fav Horror. I also agree with you about the Japenese movies.... I found their version of The Grudge much better. :)

Babs(divine)johnson

« Reply #12 on: Oct 24, 2005, 04:30 PM »
"Army of Darkness" is a funny horror movie,with a little help from some friends! :beeer: :6paper:

shake

« Reply #13 on: Oct 24, 2005, 04:48 PM »
The First Excorcist scared the pantiloons off me the first time I watched it.

Is that when you stopped wearing pants?

tan

« Reply #14 on: Oct 25, 2005, 07:19 AM »
i'm immune to horror films. my grandma started making me watch them with her as a child so kinda grew used to them, not many horrors scare me, most of the time they make me laugh haven't seen a REALLY good horror in year, i get more out of watching a good suspense thriller with some evil killer on the loose ...although a few mentioned here was pretty good....i loved stir of echos, had a good story to it also....exorcist was more disturbing than scary.... :shock:  one of all time favs is the original amityville horror, the new one sucks....and the unholy....i tend to go towards them anti christ movies cause there are alot of suspense in them.
      a few others that had a few good "jump" moments are i know what ya did last summer, what lies beneath was good too
     oh and for that blair witch we did get some spooked cause at first gossip was that it was actually true....i remember the day it came out in video stores i wanted to see it so bad and it was all out ....and was the same day i had day surgery and a friend of mine had got a hold of it, i walked 15 minutes to her house all drugged up on morphine just to watch the dam thing that at that time thought it was real footage...haha was worth it though....

happy halloween all  :lol:

tan

knocknock

« Reply #15 on: Oct 25, 2005, 07:47 AM »
i agree with you tan....i think real life is way scarier than movies but the original amytiville horror movie and book gave me the creeps
poltergiest wasnt bad either

Fuck off

"long live the org"--Mike Clattenburg

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #16 on: Oct 25, 2005, 08:08 AM »
i think Rob Zombie did a great job reviving the atmosphere of classic oldies like the chainsawmassacre..

House of a 1000 Corpses
Devils Rejects
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

"Just remember when you control the mail you control....information!"

the beav

« Reply #17 on: Oct 25, 2005, 08:26 AM »
I don't watch scary movies at all, I hate having those images in my mind, but one day my friend rented "Stir Of Echoes" and told me "its not scary..."
HOLY FACK Stir of Echoes is the SCARIEST MOVIE EVER MADE! Ill never get those gotdam images outta my head...
\

Is that the film with Kevin Bacon????  You just jarred my memory loose...I thought that movie was killer, but could never remember the name of it.  I think that's the movie....if so, you're right Vanc, it was awesome!!

I was genuinely creeped out by the Blair Witch Project...the first one of course, the second one was a joke.  Seeing buddy in the corner at the end has scarred me for life.  My imagination flew off the scale. :shock:  Children Of The Corn and the early Halloween and Friday the 13th movies fucked with my head a bit when I was younger.
The best new flicks I've seen would have to be the Texas Chainsaw Massacre re-make and The Amityville Horror remake.
Return Of The Living Dead is my all time favorite horror/comedy.  BRRAAAAAIIIINNNNNSSSSSS!!!!!
I may have alzheimer's...But at least I don't have alzheimer's

http://www.marijuana.org/GraphixFolder/graphix/%2521mbox.gif[/img]

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #18 on: Oct 25, 2005, 10:47 AM »
Hey beav, in regards to Children of the Corn, I have been wondering something for a while now; when Ricky, Julian, Bubbles, Cory & Trevor are caught by the Zeller's store cops, the head mall cop guy calls two of his guys 'Mordecai & Horatio' (sorry about the spelling), are those two names from Children of the Corn? I remember those kids having names along those lines but I can't remember if those particular names are used.

Anyway, back on topic. I love The Shining & Silence of the Lambs. As for movies that plain freak me out: The Dark Half & Copy Cat (I will not watch movies with Timothy Hutton or Harry Connick Jr. in them any more). The Stand mini-series that was on about 10 or 15 years ago based on Stephen King's novel, isn't strictly a scary movie, but the situation is something that frightens me. It scares me to think that most of the world's population could be wiped out by some kind of man-made virus & those left have to fend for themselves. I really hope they release it on DVD (I have a VHS copy, but I think DVD's are supposed to last longer, right).
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

RangerF150

« Reply #19 on: Oct 25, 2005, 11:37 AM »
Well if you wan't a really scary movie, The Audition is about the scariest i have seen , i only watched it once!
It is a Japanese movie so you gotta put up with subtitles but it's a small price to pay for an awesome scary movie .

Also a Japanese movie The Two Sisters is pretty scary to , i find US made "scary " movie's funny , not scary :-)
But then that's just me !

Don't matter how little you know, someone out there know's even less !

JulianRocks

« Reply #20 on: Oct 25, 2005, 12:58 PM »
i'm immune to horror films. my grandma started making me watch them with her as a child so kinda grew used to them, not many horrors scare me, most of the time they make me laugh haven't seen a REALLY good horror in year,

Well Tan.... I'm with you on that. Horror movies don't scare me but I think that's why I watch them.... in hopes of the ultimate scare! :lol:  I like sitting at home alone with all the lights off and watch them.  :)

One thing I do not like is clowns and I think it made it more so after watching Poltergeist as a kid. ROTTEN CLOWN!! :lol:

Babs(divine)johnson

« Reply #21 on: Oct 25, 2005, 01:55 PM »
Don't like clowns eh? You musta just loved "Pennywise" the clown from Stephen King's "IT"

Vancouver

« Reply #22 on: Oct 25, 2005, 02:39 PM »
\

Is that the film with Kevin Bacon????  You just jarred my memory loose...I thought that movie was killer, but could never remember the name of it.  I think that's the movie....if so, you're right Vanc, it was awesome!!

I was genuinely creeped out by the Blair Witch Project...the first one of course, the second one was a joke.  Seeing buddy in the corner at the end has scarred me for life.  My imagination flew off the scale. :shock:  Children Of The Corn and the early Halloween and Friday the 13th movies fucked with my head a bit when I was younger.
The best new flicks I've seen would have to be the Texas Chainsaw Massacre re-make and The Amityville Horror remake.
Return Of The Living Dead is my all time favorite horror/comedy.  BRRAAAAAIIIINNNNNSSSSSS!!!!!

AWWWWWWWW!!! Stir of Echoes indeed has Kevin Bacon in it AWWWWWWWWWW its so FREAKY!

Vancouver

« Reply #23 on: Oct 25, 2005, 02:40 PM »
Don't like clowns eh? You musta just loved "Pennywise" the clown from Stephen King's "IT"

AWWWWWWW!! I HATE CLOWNS!! AWWWWWWWW!! Pennywise is so SCARY!!
(although I do love Pennywise-the group...)

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
« Reply #24 on: Oct 25, 2005, 03:36 PM »
I do not get scared watching Horror movies either. I just know that it is just a movie in the back of my head. But I did enjoy The Stand for the same reason's that Melba stated above. Silence of the Lambs was awesome as well. One other thing that I must mention is:

I HATE Clowns and Ventriloquist dummies ! Pennywise is evil, evil I tell ya  :evil: :twisted:. As for Ventriloquist dummies, I have yet to watch the movie Magic and I always cheer for joy when Julian shoots Conky  :bubbles: