Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: One Last Shot and TPB pilot movie  (Read 57436 times)

MicrophoneAssassin

One Last Shot and TPB pilot movie
« on: Jul 27, 2004, 02:40 PM »
Hey everyone, I've watched all of the tpb episodes and loved them all.  I just started reading this forum and have caught onto the 2 movies they have before the series started, One Last Shot and the pilot movie for the series.  I found a torrent for the pilot, but it is sooo freakin slow, 200 hours left or something  lol.  And i have not been able to find any downloads for One Last Shot.  If anyone knows where I can download these 2 movies please let me know where, thanks.

regulator

« Reply #1 on: Aug 01, 2004, 11:13 PM »
never heard of one last shot. whats it about and it is pre pilot movie or post?

cat-dog

« Reply #2 on: Aug 02, 2004, 10:15 PM »
I've heard one last shot was a movie that has John Dunsworth showing early traits/development of Mr. Lahey, which is from what I've heard the reason he's in Trailer Park Boys. I've been really interested in seeing this one.

The original movie pilot of TPB is great, if you liked seasons 1&2, than try and check out the movie. IFC shows it from time to time I've heard.
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

MicrophoneAssassin

« Reply #3 on: Aug 03, 2004, 01:20 PM »
Well the only reason I know they exist is because of these links I found in another thread, movie reviews for both One Last Shot and the pilot.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0380601/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383678/

If you look at the credits for the pilot in the second link you'll see that is when Mike Smith was still only the sound guy  lol.

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
« Reply #4 on: Aug 04, 2004, 12:34 PM »
The TPB Movie is on IFC Tommorow night(August the 5th) @ 9 PM.
"Jack never even took one step of his own ....yet he traveled so far".

Letter's to my little boy Jack

Saucy Bastard

one last shot and pilot
« Reply #5 on: Aug 11, 2004, 04:06 PM »
I posted this question a couple of times over at showcase,but no one could tell me where to find one last shot.But I have downloaded the pilot!
I found it on a p2p called soulseek (www.slsknet.org).This is by far the best and safest p2p.
I hope that One Last Shot will end up as an extra on season 4 DVD.
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

cat-dog

Re: one last shot and pilot
« Reply #6 on: Aug 11, 2004, 04:15 PM »
Quote from: saucy bastard
I posted this question a couple of times over at showcase,but no one could tell me where to find one last shot.But I have downloaded the pilot!
I found it on a p2p called soulseek (www.slsknet.org).This is by far the best and safest p2p.

I never thought of looking on soulseek, I use it mostly to find ripped vinyl that you can't find anywhere else.. I'd better get busy :)
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #7 on: Aug 11, 2004, 04:30 PM »
I'll run my Soulseek now and leave it on all day
Our user name is madhouse99 so if you find me send
a message and I'll up my kpb/s for you

C mafuckin B

« Reply #8 on: Aug 11, 2004, 04:34 PM »
I have never been to watch One Last Shot, nor have I every heard of anyone who has in the two years that I have been a TPB fan.
"When You From Tha Park, It's All For One MothaFucka, And One MothaFucka Fo All Ma Fuckas Everywhere, Nomesayin?"

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #9 on: Aug 11, 2004, 04:40 PM »
Just so ya all don't get too excited,I only have the pilot,not One Last Shot,
but I am constantly on the hunt for it!

shake

Re: one last shot and pilot
« Reply #10 on: Aug 11, 2004, 04:40 PM »
Quote from: saucy bastard

I answered that question a couple of times over at showcase. I asked Mike Clattenburg about it when he posted one day at Showcase back in the Season 3 forum. He said that One Last Shot was a short film and it was NOT available. He said he MIGHT throw it on a DVD one day. Once Clattenburg said it was unavailable I stopped looking for it.

I downloaded the TPB movie from Kazaa. It was in 3 parts, but good enough.
« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2014, 01:38 PM by shake »

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
Re: One Last Shot and TPB pilot movie
« Reply #11 on: Mar 05, 2006, 09:26 PM »
I'm starting to think that "One Last Shot" is hidden somewhere on the DVD sets (Like "Cart Boy"). Wish I had the time to go through all of them.
"Jack never even took one step of his own ....yet he traveled so far".

Letter's to my little boy Jack

shake

« Reply #12 on: Mar 05, 2006, 09:36 PM »
I'm starting to think that "One Last Shot" is hidden somewhere on the DVD sets (Like "Cart Boy"). Wish I had the time to go through all of them.

I seriously doubt that, I think someone would have found it by now.

Canuckguy

« Reply #13 on: Mar 05, 2006, 09:58 PM »
If you put your retail dvd in your computer you can see all the vob files and Ive gone through them all that way just to make sure I didnt miss anything

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #14 on: Mar 05, 2006, 10:00 PM »
Crossing my fingers and praying for the upcoming DVD  [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

MountainMax

« Reply #15 on: Jan 24, 2008, 01:57 PM »
When was 'Cart Boy' made? before the pilot? if so howcome bubbles was in it but he wasn't in the pilot? can someone clear this up for me? I too have been looking for one last shot, can't find it, but anyone can find cartboy on google videos, easy enough.......

shake

« Reply #16 on: Jan 24, 2008, 02:07 PM »
Cart Boy was made after the original movie, it was the first appearance of the "Bubbles" character, although his name was not Bubbles in Cart Boy.

MountainMax

« Reply #17 on: Jan 24, 2008, 02:31 PM »
Ok, that makes a bit more sense to me, and i guess he adopted the name bubbles for himself and away they went. Cartboy was very similar to the episode later where Ricky becomes a security guard and he goes after bubbles to stop stealing cards, it's so cute how all this stuff sort of fits together, with series, movie, pilot, etc... Mike is a genius.......
« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2008, 03:02 PM by MountainMax »

TheFave

« Reply #18 on: Nov 21, 2008, 08:45 PM »
I'm also seeking One Last Shot.  I understand that the series was derived from the following 3 works:  Trailer Park Boys (1999), The Cart Boy, and One Last Shot.

The Atlantic Film Festival may have it archived somewhere.

WayOfTheRoad

« Reply #19 on: Dec 05, 2008, 03:45 PM »
A dvd of One last shot, Trailer Park Boys pilote and Cart boy would be great! Wrapping it up with season 7(not yet released in region2) for European markets would be even better for us fans in Scandinavia!

moneris0

« Reply #20 on: Jul 25, 2009, 09:06 PM »
Before Mike Smith adopted the name Bubbles, they originally named him Darren as shown in "The Cart Boy"

Cygnus

« Reply #21 on: Sep 18, 2009, 12:22 AM »
Hate to be the one to stir up a really old topic, but I haven't been around in awhile and decided to search up about one last shot to see if there was any recent news about it maybe surfacing. To no avail =(

With that said though, maybe with TPB being finsihed, Mike might throw it on the Countdown to Liquor Day DVD once it comes out. That would be great. It's the only missing piece of TPB action that none of us have been able to get our hands on. Once we have the movie on dvd and possibly one lst shot if mike is feeling generous, we can hold that disc and know that we have collected everything. That would be quite satisfying to me I think. Especially because I've collected everything TPB thus far.

walterx2

« Reply #22 on: Sep 18, 2009, 09:15 AM »
In the Herald article there is a mention of a short called "Liquor Store".

Is it just too early for me to be doin my thinkings and stuff or is that on one of the season discs extras?

I'm drawing a blank here.
"There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning."

—Warren Buffett

shake

« Reply #23 on: Sep 18, 2009, 09:32 AM »
No that was not an extra Walt.

I spoke to Mike last night at the AFF he brought up the subject of One Last Shot as he knows we all want to see it.  He said he did want to get it out to us.  I didn't think to ask if it would be on The Countdown to Liquor Day DVD but I didn't get that impression.  He does have plans for us to see it somehow though, he said it is interesting as it help show how the Ricky and Julian characters develop.

TheFave

« Reply #24 on: Sep 21, 2009, 06:22 PM »
Mike Clattenburg actually responded to that question on this forum quite awhile back saying that he would like to tweak the soundtrack before readying for release.  Whether he's gotten around to it, or not, is anybody's guess. 

I'm constantly hunting for it.  I've searched the Atlantic Film Festival online archives to no avail.  They don't go back that far.

So all we can do is keep Mike Clattenburg aware of the fact that the good fans of TPB will pay decent money to get their hands on a copy (tweaked or not).  Personally, I'm a purist... I would like to see it as originally released.

(I'm the same way about my Star Trek - even though I have the remastered version - I still prefer the originals)