Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Sort user list by location?  (Read 1906 times)

Canuckguy

Sort user list by location?
« on: Sep 20, 2005, 05:56 PM »
It would be cool to be able to sort the user list by location so we can see each person in say Toronto for example.  Would that be possible cd?

Islander

Re: Sort user list by location?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2005, 10:43 AM »
I like that idea too.  but would it not require each member to do away with our 'frilly' location descriptions?
This post was typed in 3-B.  Three beers and it looks good, eh?

shake

« Reply #2 on: Sep 21, 2005, 10:56 AM »
I like that idea too.  but would it not require each member to do away with our 'frilly' location descriptions?

Yeah I'd guess you'd have to type in your exact location as you want it to appear.  I'd have to get rid of the "Cape Bretoner now living in" Ottawa part.  Joke locations would screw it up as well.

Islander

« Reply #3 on: Sep 21, 2005, 11:38 AM »

Yeah I'd guess you'd have to type in your exact location as you want it to appear.  I'd have to get rid of the "Cape Bretoner now living in" Ottawa part.  Joke locations would screw it up as well.

I don't know how the software works but is it possible to add a second area for location?  One for physical location and one for "state of mind".  For me it would be Prince Edward Island, Beautiful Island Paradise.

I'm pretty much just a lurker anyway, but I think it would be nice to know were ALL members are from...both registered lurkers and regulars.  Particularly those who are fans outside of Canada.  I thnk it is pretty cool that the show has fans in the USA and OS.

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #4 on: Sep 21, 2005, 11:45 AM »
The previous software had that feature...
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

Canuckguy

« Reply #5 on: Sep 21, 2005, 12:42 PM »
Yah if there was a location in the main user list we could click it and it would sort everyone by location which, even if someone calls their town "Cow Town" for example it would still be listed in alphabetical order and easier to find that way.  Most people would be grouped together, only the ones who use nicknames for their towns would be seperate.

I didnt mean an option to search by location but that would be somewhat useful......Id rather be able to "sort" the entire list by location.

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #6 on: Sep 21, 2005, 04:14 PM »

I don't know how the software works but is it possible to add a second area for location?  One for physical location and one for "state of mind".  For me it would be Prince Edward Island, Beautiful Island Paradise.

I'm pretty much just a lurker anyway, but I think it would be nice to know were ALL members are from...both registered lurkers and regulars.  Particularly those who are fans outside of Canada.  I thnk it is pretty cool that the show has fans in the USA and OS.

Did you mean oz or os? I live in OS.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

Islander

« Reply #7 on: Sep 21, 2005, 04:19 PM »
Neither.  OS = OverSeas in this case.

In your case, is OS, Owen Sound?  i have quite a bit of family up that way.  Owen Sound, Meaford, Collingwood, Markdale and such.  Mum's people.

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #8 on: Sep 23, 2005, 06:17 AM »
Yeppers Islander. Right in the Georgian Triangle. PM me and we'll see who we know in common.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0