Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: do you cook?  (Read 9624 times)

Vancouver

do you cook?
« on: Sep 15, 2005, 02:55 PM »
the kids I nanny for say Im a wicked cook, and I love cooking. My bf is from Colombia, and hes taught me many a Spanish dishes...so who cooks here? and whats your speciality?
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

petermog

• Location: Steak Night With The Lads! Derby UK-Me Sat First Left
Re: do you cook?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 15, 2005, 02:57 PM »
I do a wicked Lasagne, but I prefer my wife's as she does it with red wine.  Never knew you could before I met her-what a catch!
I'm Not The Kinda Person To Say ATOWDASO But You Know What?  ATOWDASO! I Fuckin' ATOWDASO!

Shit machine gun

« Reply #2 on: Sep 15, 2005, 03:02 PM »
I love making Chili.

I made a kick ass 18lb turkey last Christmas.  Never been more proud of myself after seeing that bird glisten.

2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Vancouver

« Reply #3 on: Sep 15, 2005, 03:07 PM »
you outta be proud bud, turkeys can be tricky!

Naughty Laura Ingalls

« Reply #4 on: Sep 15, 2005, 03:07 PM »
I cook quite a bit, mostly italian but alot of comfort/soul food too.
Mr. Lahey: Who in this park, or even in the whole world, doesn't have problems? Who doesn't have a drink too many times once in a while and maybe even winds up passed out in their own driveway, pissing themselves? Who doesn't drink too much sometimes or who doesn't have a puff from time to time? And who doesn't have problems with the people they love? This is our home. This is our community.

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
« Reply #5 on: Sep 15, 2005, 03:07 PM »
Oh I love to cook myself, I have cooked many dishes do not know if I would call any of them a speciality. But I have had many complements. But I do a wicked paella. Love to cook seafood also but that is pretty easy really.

Canuckguy

« Reply #6 on: Sep 15, 2005, 03:09 PM »
I can make great burgers and chili.  Also good at BBQing anything especially Steaks n Lobster.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #7 on: Sep 15, 2005, 03:11 PM »
CG, do you bbq a lobster or just serve boiled with the Q'ed steak?

I just started eating lobster this summer.  It's not bad.  Hard to believe I lived in northern NB for 25 years and never had a lobster.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

petermog

« Reply #8 on: Sep 15, 2005, 03:17 PM »
when I divorced my first wife and moved into digs I used to buy four chicken legs, a couple of pounds of mince, a pound of lamb or beef, then I'd throw in various proportions of veg and mixes, and make four portions of spag-bol, four portions of chilli, four portions of chicken casserole, and four portions of curry and freeze the lot.

This would last me a month (one of each per week) along with 3 days per week of pre-packed fish in butter sauce; egg,sausage and chips or chicken fingers, mash and corn (honest), then four weeks later I would do the same again.

How organised is that?

I never had 'nothing in the freezer' to eat.
I'm Not The Kinda Person To Say ATOWDASO But You Know What?  ATOWDASO! I Fuckin' ATOWDASO!

petermog

« Reply #9 on: Sep 15, 2005, 03:21 PM »

I just started eating lobster this summer.  It's not bad.  Hard to believe I lived in northern NB for 25 years and never had a lobster.

When my wife and I were on an Alaskan cruise (from Vancouver aboard the Ocean Princess) for our honeymoon in 2002, one night in the restaurant they were serving Lobster.  We decided to try it as we'd not had it before, and as we were the last 'sitting' our waitress brought us loads of the stuff that was left over (not ordered I mean, not plate scrapings) as we enjoyed it so much.  It was coming out of our ears!

Grocery Bitch

• My blog
« Reply #10 on: Sep 15, 2005, 03:22 PM »
I love to cook as well, but baking is my passion. I am known to everyone as "The Cookie Lady". Especially at work...no one makes homemade anymore, so they think I am amazing. People these days don't have time to bake. I am thinking of starting up a little business at Christmas time to make a little extra $$$. Could pay for a few gifts that way.

Islander

« Reply #11 on: Sep 15, 2005, 03:26 PM »
I like to eat, so cooking has become a necessity.   :D  BBQ is where its at though.  Nothing like grilled fish on the barby.   :D
This post was typed in 3-B.  Three beers and it looks good, eh?

Canuckguy

« Reply #12 on: Sep 15, 2005, 03:30 PM »

I buy frozen lobster tails, defrost them, coat them in melted butter and garlic inside a ziploc bag, and then BBQ them with the steak.  They generally take about the same amount of time as the steak if you defrost it first.

You could buy live ones out where you live for way cheaper than me and BBQ them alive, but they scream so any kids/women might get upset hehehe.  Some people boil them for a minute or 2 before BBQing them if they are alive.

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #13 on: Sep 15, 2005, 03:32 PM »
I started early , mostly baking after school while my mom was at work . When I met my wife 13 years ago , she had a hard time makeing  toast and KD ! :lol: , so for the first few years I did all of the cooking. Eventually , she learned on her own and now matches and sometimes exceeds me. :D . I love to prepare a large turkey with all of the side dishes , Thanksgiving , Christmas , and Easter. Tonight I am makeing a Roast Beef , and my wife will do the Yorkshire Puddings. We are still trying to finish last years 1/2 cow ,before starting into this years (236 pounds) , which came 2 months early. We had to give a bunch of it away to the neighbors.
Also , as most of you know , I love to make Jam (84 jars at a time!!).
Having young kids can limit our options , but we are starting to force them eat some of our old favorites. As a kid, growing up on a remote Homestead , we had to eat whatever we had , so I am sooooo not picky.
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

bigbenjamin

« Reply #14 on: Sep 15, 2005, 03:44 PM »
My cooking is sorta like Rev. Saucy's. I started early hanging out with my grandmother's cook; a wonderful and ancient black lady named "Mary". Mary was a daughter of the Deep South, and she was like a second (or 3rd) mother to me. If it is Southern, inland, costal or soulfood, I've probably made it or ate it.

Now for 30 years my wife and i have shared her cultural food (Japanese) and Mary's recipes, until we often make a sort of hybrid Japanese/Soulfood. I have always loved to cook, especially in a kitchen full of family and friends cooking and partying together.

just a cookin fool cheers!

Vancouver

« Reply #15 on: Sep 15, 2005, 03:49 PM »
my dad and I canned salmon and pickles 2 weeks ago, and my grandma still does jam every year, then puts it out in the root cellar for at least 4 months, the longer the better.
for those who like the bbq (and who doesn't really) if you peel a baker-potatoe, then slice it diagonally in thin-like strips, put butter and seasoning salt between each strip, wrap it in foil and cook it on the grill at high for half an hour, OMG its freakin fantastic! it caramelizes, and its soft and yummy and OMG Im starving!! I love good food and good friends and a bottle of white wine...is it Friday yet?? :D
« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2005, 03:55 PM by Vancouver »

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #16 on: Sep 15, 2005, 03:58 PM »
my dad and I canned salmon and pickles 2 weeks ago, and my grandma still does jam every year, then puts it out in the root cellar for at least 4 months, the longer the better.
for those who like the bbq (and who doesn't really) if you peel a baker-potatoe, then slice it diagonally in thin-like strips, put butter and seasoning salt between each strip, wrap it in foil and cook it on the grill at high for half an hour, OMG its freakin fantastic! it caramelizes, and its soft and yummy and OMG Im starving!! I love good food and good friends and a bottle of white wine...is it Friday yet?? :D

Great idea , I'm guessing that you reform it into a potatoe shape before cooking?
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

Vancouver

« Reply #17 on: Sep 15, 2005, 04:01 PM »
yup, reform it Saucy...try this and report back with your results :D
I can almost promise you you'll love it!

cottonelle lover

• Location: Took a lot of Bullshit but I made it. Canada is home now
« Reply #18 on: Sep 15, 2005, 04:11 PM »
*hugs vancouver*  Girl, you get better with every post...how can I not love you?  My cooking birthday sharing buddy.  Take care love.   and yes, cooking is awesome...we should have a recipe board...cook each others favourites...what a great idea...Like food network ..but for the park...I bet a lot of the recipes will call for chicken fingers...*laughs*

bigbenjamin

« Reply #19 on: Sep 15, 2005, 04:18 PM »
*hugs vancouver*  Girl, you get better with every post...how can I not love you?  My cooking birthday sharing buddy.  Take care love.   and yes, cooking is awesome...we should have a recipe board...cook each others favourites...what a great idea...Like food network ..but for the park...I bet a lot of the recipes will call for chicken fingers...*laughs*

"Personal Recipe Exchange"  http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=1160.0

let's use the thread we have -K? who has a recipe they wanna share?

thinkin cheers

cottonelle lover

• Location: Took a lot of Bullshit but I made it. Canada is home now
« Reply #20 on: Sep 15, 2005, 04:22 PM »
If things (the similarities) couldn't get any creepier between me and Vancouver...I just noticed her post about her bf from Colombia.....My husband is 100% Colombiano....weird eh?  I love when he cooks bollos and plantaines....dear god..so good. 

Cappy

• Location: Blue trailer on the corner........stay off my fackin' lawn!
« Reply #21 on: Sep 15, 2005, 05:04 PM »
I make a mean Mac n cheese, real cheese baby, no KD here
You can't just give up on pulling up your pants!

knocknock

« Reply #22 on: Sep 15, 2005, 06:47 PM »
my better half makes the best honeyed chicken wings and fried rice,i like making the choc chip cookies recipee you get on the packet of brown sugar

i want to make indian curries but fuck its cheaper to buy it.it has a million ingrediences
Fuck off

"long live the org"--Mike Clattenburg

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #23 on: Sep 15, 2005, 07:31 PM »
my better half makes the best honeyed chicken wings and fried rice,i like making the choc chip cookies recipee you get on the packet of brown sugar

i want to make indian curries but fuck its cheaper to buy it.it has a million ingrediences

Yeah, where can you purchace a little bit of safron?

Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

JulianRocks

« Reply #24 on: Sep 15, 2005, 08:18 PM »
Do I cook? Why yes I do.... it's my profession. :) My hubby is a cook as well. I started off cooking and baking when I was little as well. My mom used to put a chair to the stove so I could stand on it to reach everything. :lol: Thinking about it.... it sounds a little dangerous but she was always around when I was that small. I used to do alot of cooking at home.... when I come home from school.... the first thing I did was start making supper.
I have to say that I enjoy baking. At Christmas time is when I do the most. I take Dec.24th and that's the day I do it all. I bake stuff for my home, my mom, hubby's mom, my brother and some friends. No... it's not stuff I sell.... it's stuff I give them cause I love doing it and I know they appreciate it. :)

But one thing I'm sure everyone is thinking.... two cooks in the house.... must make alot of stuff. NOT!! We usually are never home together so it's no sense in making big meals when we're not home.  But when we are home together... it's nice to have a cooked meal together. And something I enjoy is this.... if I have the day off work, I make dinner before he goes to work and if he's off .... then he does it for me. Fair don't ya think?! :lol: