Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Org Skin Request Thread  (Read 3586 times)

Canuckguy

Org Skin Request Thread
« on: Sep 06, 2005, 02:37 AM »
I'd like to start out by requesting a lite version of the bumble bee and sexy black t-shirt skins (opposite of the dark version with lite background and dark lines and fonts)

If anyone has any other skin ideas feel free to request them here.
« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2005, 02:39 AM by Canuckguy »

Dirty Dancin

Re: Org Skin Request Thread
« Reply #1 on: Sep 06, 2005, 08:34 AM »
Great suggestion, Canuckguy! Wish I'd thought of it. I love Sexy Black T-shirt but can't read anything posted in blue...anything by J to the R-O-C for example. A lite version would be super.
"It doesn't hurt to do something absolutely outrageous."

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
« Reply #2 on: Sep 06, 2005, 11:06 AM »
Yes it is a great suggestion, I am using the Bumble Bee version (Gotta love those cheeseburgers) Anyway like Dirty Dancin' I cannot see anything in blue. So I have to highlight J to the R-O-C 's posts to see them.

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #3 on: Sep 06, 2005, 12:30 PM »
Blue seems to be a big problem for me too . Too hard to read on the sexy black shirt.
Why post a whole message in a colour? I understand changing a few words for effect..........
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

the beav

« Reply #4 on: Sep 06, 2005, 03:03 PM »
Boy...give someone an inch eh cat-dog? :wink: :lol:
I may have alzheimer's...But at least I don't have alzheimer's

http://www.marijuana.org/GraphixFolder/graphix/%2521mbox.gif[/img]

Canuckguy

« Reply #5 on: Sep 07, 2005, 02:07 AM »
Boy...give someone an inch eh cat-dog? :wink: :lol:

hahaha yah :ricky:

its ok though cd said it wasnt too much work and theres no rush either, he can do them whenever. (or make me an admin and Ill do em)  :D

shake

« Reply #6 on: Sep 07, 2005, 04:26 PM »
There are some light colored themes already.  I use one, the Showcase Deja Vu one.  Instead of picking a dark one and asking it to be changed to light, why not pick one that is already light?

I mean really,would it be a sexy black t-shirt if it was light?
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2005, 04:29 PM by shake »

RangerF150

« Reply #7 on: Sep 07, 2005, 05:21 PM »
sexy black t-shirt is fine by me :-)
I
Don't matter how little you know, someone out there know's even less !

Canuckguy

« Reply #8 on: Sep 07, 2005, 07:00 PM »
There are some light colored themes already.  I use one, the Showcase Deja Vu one.  Instead of picking a dark one and asking it to be changed to light, why not pick one that is already light?

I mean really,would it be a sexy black t-shirt if it was light?

I mean a lite version with rum n coke icons......doesnt have to be called sexy t-shirt....maybe call it Rum N Coke with a lite background and brown lines.  I love the rum n coke style but the black background is too dark I like it lite, and theres other people who would use it Im sure.

Catdog said he would be interested in creating more skins so I made this thread for people to come up with ideas.  Plus more skins just makes the forum even better.....

bigbenjamin

« Reply #9 on: Sep 08, 2005, 10:21 PM »
It's all good, but I miss the good old weed leaf motif . . I mean the show and The Boys are much more about weed than booze . . the get rich schemes usually centre around growing or ripping-off dope and trying to sell it before something bad happens.

Maybe we should have a poll? "Which do you prefer for the board, rum & coke or weed icons? Or a mix of the two?

space weed cheers!

cat-dog

« Reply #10 on: Sep 08, 2005, 10:33 PM »
It's all good, but I miss the good old weed leaf motif . . I mean the show and The Boys are much more about weed than booze . . the get rich schemes usually centre around growing or ripping-off dope and trying to sell it before something bad happens.

Maybe we should have a poll? "Which do you prefer for the board, rum & coke or weed icons? Or a mix of the two?

We've got the old weed leaf theme already Ben, go into your profile, and check your "Look and Layout Prefrences" and look for "Current Theme: Forum or Board Default (change)" - the weed leaf theme is "Dope Flavoured Rum"
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

Canuckguy

« Reply #11 on: Sep 08, 2005, 10:47 PM »
Yah thats the one Ive been using lately, been switching between it and sexy black tshirt they are both great skins.  A handgun skin might be interesting as well.  Like a prison black/white stripe color scheme with handgun icons.
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2005, 10:50 PM by Canuckguy »

bigbenjamin

« Reply #12 on: Sep 09, 2005, 01:03 AM »

We've got the old weed leaf theme already Ben, go into your profile, and check your "Look and Layout Prefrences" and look for "Current Theme: Forum or Board Default (change)" - the weed leaf theme is "Dope Flavoured Rum"

Cool-o-matic c.d. :D! I have been working my ass off with home renovations and porch building, so I have not had much time to dig into all the fine new details of this amazing new board. Love the Dope Flavoured Rum skin!
The only design thingy that seems a bit  weak is that kinda confusing "pTb" logo - I can see how you might think nesting the p under the left arm of the T and b under the right looks cool - but to me and my graphic design employed wife and daughter, it just looks wrong. My 2 cents, anyway . . .

Fanfackintastic new board cheers!

cat-dog

« Reply #13 on: Sep 09, 2005, 01:12 AM »

Cool-o-matic c.d. :D! I have been working my ass off with home renovations and porch building, so I have not had much time to dig into all the fine new details of this amazing new board. Love the Dope Flavoured Rum skin!
The only design thingy that seems a bit  weak is that kinda confusing "pTb" logo - I can see how you might think nesting the p under the left arm of the T and b under the right looks cool - but to me and my graphic design employed wife and daughter, it just looks wrong. My 2 cents, anyway . . .

Yeah, I removed that pTb logo, and replaced it with a rum glass last night - just havn't updated the preview image in the theme selection. It was a temporary icon because I couldn't find anything more suitable - and just employed the design that was on the head of the guy in the season 5 commercials. I wanted to get rid of it more than anyone else here, trust me :)
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #14 on: Sep 09, 2005, 01:22 PM »
I like the newer version of the pTb skin with the rum glasses! I was going between Sexy Black T-Shirt & Cheeseburger but I like this one because of the lighter background.
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder