Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: New Foremat for the org - hit or miss?  (Read 14520 times)

petermog

• Location: Steak Night With The Lads! Derby UK-Me Sat First Left
New Foremat for the org - hit or miss?
« on: Sep 02, 2005, 11:28 AM »
Thought it would be an idea to start a thread where everyone (that feels the need) can comment on what they think of the new foremat, and any areas where an 'opportunity for improvement may have been missed' and anything they don't like can be mentioned. 

I personally like the new foremat and think the schemes are great!

Anyone else care to add anything?
I'm Not The Kinda Person To Say ATOWDASO But You Know What?  ATOWDASO! I Fuckin' ATOWDASO!

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
Re: New Foremat for the org - hit or miss?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 02, 2005, 12:23 PM »
It's nice,  getting use to it:)
"Jack never even took one step of his own ....yet he traveled so far".

Letter's to my little boy Jack

Drunk_As_Fuck

« Reply #2 on: Sep 02, 2005, 12:49 PM »
See my sig line ...........................

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
« Reply #3 on: Sep 02, 2005, 12:51 PM »
So far very good  :D cat-dog you ROCK, so now give me a fuckin' "R"  :P

Tank

• http://www.thetrailerpark.net
« Reply #4 on: Sep 02, 2005, 02:07 PM »
Seems nice for sure, I like it better then the old board.
I got sexy blach shirt, by the way.

A couple of things though.
Where did the location line go? Sometimes the things people say make more sense when you can see where they are.
and the only other thing i can see that needs fixin is the post reply options above the text box. Bold, Underline, alignment, text size etc. isn't visible.

All in all though i do like this better!

Tank
" No matter how good she looks, somone, somewhere is sick of her shit " Grampa

To All You Virgins Out There - Thanks For Nothing!!

"And I can't help, the way that I am. 'cause  the whiskey, weed and women have the upper hand" - Hank Williams III

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: Sep 02, 2005, 02:19 PM »
I like it!! It's awesome! 2 things though... The Private Message System is REALLY hard to understand. I never know when I have a new one. And the other thing I wonder if CD could get back the thing where it said: "No New Messages" down at the bottom. and when you get a message it would tell you.
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

xhippie

« Reply #6 on: Sep 02, 2005, 02:20 PM »
looks great ....hey t howya doin?

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
« Reply #7 on: Sep 02, 2005, 02:31 PM »
The Private Message System is REALLY hard to understand. I never know when I have a new one. And the other thing I wonder if CD could get back the thing where it said: "No New Messages" down at the bottom. and when you get a message it would tell you.

Actually FF64 I find the private messages thing real easy to understand. Right where is says Hey,...... it will tell you how many messages you have. For example mine says:  Hey, DavidB_Bubbles, you have 14 messages, 0 are new. I agree with Tank however and would like the locatioin line put back in.

cat-dog

« Reply #8 on: Sep 02, 2005, 03:20 PM »
A couple of things though.
Where did the location line go? Sometimes the things people say make more sense when you can see where they are.
This wasn't something I left out on purpose.. it's not setup like that by default, but hopefully I've got it covered now.

and the only other thing i can see that needs fixin is the post reply options above the text box. Bold, Underline, alignment, text size etc. isn't visible.

Yeah.. I didn't even think of that when making the black/darker themes.. I'll have to find some better buttons to use.. I can just barely see them using Sexy Black T-Shirt.. it's because the images are transparent - and made for the default (light) theme. I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: If you want a popup to notify you for new PMs.. go into your profile, choose "Personal Message Options" and check off    "[X] Show a popup when you receive new messages?"
« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2005, 03:26 PM by cat-dog »
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

Grocery Bitch

• My blog
« Reply #9 on: Sep 02, 2005, 04:32 PM »
I am really liking the new format too! My only suggestion would be to have a new window open when you ckick on the "Latest Forum Posts" on the home page. The old system did that, but now it tries to open the entire forums page in that tiny little window.

I usually don't have a lot of time to read through posts, so try to catch up from those few on the home page, so use that feature a lot.

Thanks for the great page and for all of your hard work cat-dog!!

cat-dog

« Reply #10 on: Sep 02, 2005, 04:40 PM »
I am really liking the new format too! My only suggestion would be to have a new window open when you ckick on the "Latest Forum Posts" on the home page. The old system did that, but now it tries to open the entire forums page in that tiny little window.

Yeah.. that's temporary.. This new software uses different methods for displaying news.. I've got to either figure out how to have the posts show up in a new window, or find a different way to display things. What is there currently is the closest I could get to looking like what it was. It's on my todo list :)
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

Refuckulator

« Reply #11 on: Sep 02, 2005, 05:00 PM »
I didnt mean a pop-up I mean down in the bottom left corner it use to say "No New Messages" and when you had a message it would say "1 New Message"

cat-dog

« Reply #12 on: Sep 02, 2005, 05:14 PM »
Yes.. I know that's what you meant.. see http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=3032.msg54038#msg54038

I was just posting the information about getting a popup when you have PMs for everyone else that might have used that setting on the last forum.

Canuckguy

« Reply #13 on: Sep 02, 2005, 05:36 PM »
Great new forum I especially love the wider look.  I would love to see a lite version of the sexy black t-shirt, that would be my only wish right now.  Looks awesome though and is noticably faster and smoother.

J to the R-O-C

• my myspace page
« Reply #14 on: Sep 02, 2005, 05:39 PM »
i miss the two smokes, but all in all this is fine

avatars should be at least 100x100 though
"Anybody who wants religion is welcome to it as far as I'm concerned, I support your right to enjoy it. However, I would appreciate it if you exhibited more respect for the rights of those people who do not wish to share your dogma, rapture or necrodestination." - Frank Zappa

the beav

« Reply #15 on: Sep 02, 2005, 05:43 PM »
I miss the panelling, but I guess I'll get used to it.  I like all the options above the post box and right now I've settled into the pot leaf theme..green is my favorite colour. :D

« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2005, 05:44 PM by the beav »
I may have alzheimer's...But at least I don't have alzheimer's

http://www.marijuana.org/GraphixFolder/graphix/%2521mbox.gif[/img]

JulianRocks

« Reply #16 on: Sep 02, 2005, 07:13 PM »
I think it looks great cat-dog!! I am also using the "Sexy Black T-shirt" in honour of my fav guy. :wink:  You've done a fabulous job!! :clap:

cat-dog

« Reply #17 on: Sep 02, 2005, 07:33 PM »
I miss the panelling, but I guess I'll get used to it.  I like all the options above the post box and right now I've settled into the pot leaf theme..green is my favorite colour. :D

You should still be seeing panelling unless you're using a resolution of 800x600 maybe.

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #18 on: Sep 03, 2005, 12:47 AM »
Hmmmm , I'm sure that I will grow to like it......I certainly appreciate all of the work that has obviously gone into it.....
I have chosen the Black T-Shirt
I still havn't figured out how to tell at a glance that a topic has been read. Even when I mark topic read ,I can still see no difference...there must be some indication somewhere ,if someone could point it out me please... 
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

Refuckulator

« Reply #19 on: Sep 03, 2005, 02:28 AM »
it says nest to the title of the topic: "new"

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #20 on: Sep 03, 2005, 02:58 AM »
Thank You FF64
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

petermog

• Location: Steak Night With The Lads! Derby UK-Me Sat First Left
« Reply #21 on: Sep 03, 2005, 11:38 AM »
I particularly like that you can read the new post on the notification e-mail which you could only ever do with the private messages previously. (unless it was on a setting I was un-aware of previously)  Great for me when I am out in my 'FACKING RIG'. It used to bug me being on the road, getting an e-mail on my wap phone to say I had had a reply then not being able to access it til I got home, which may not have been til the next day. GREAT WORK!!!!

Like that you can still get the weed leaf 'new post' indicator.  Much better than just the TPB letters one.

Easy to access personal setting adjustments in profiles too.

THIS ORG-ER IS VERY IMPRESSED.
I'm Not The Kinda Person To Say ATOWDASO But You Know What?  ATOWDASO! I Fuckin' ATOWDASO!

Refuckulator

« Reply #22 on: Sep 03, 2005, 11:42 AM »

Becca

« Reply #23 on: Sep 03, 2005, 12:05 PM »
I think it looks great cat-dog!! I am also using the "Sexy Black T-shirt" in honour of my fav guy. :wink:  You've done a fabulous job!! :clap:

Great minds, great minds, JR!  Gotta honour The Man at all times possible.   :)

I love this new format.  A great big "Spank You", cat-dog, I appreciate all the hard work and effort expended.  You da man!

Cheers,
B.

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #24 on: Sep 03, 2005, 08:57 PM »
The administrator's of this site will give you explanations and answer any questions you have. Sign of a great site.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0