Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: ORG Switching to New Forum Software  (Read 14342 times)

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
Re: ORG Switching to New Forum Software
« Reply #75 on: Sep 02, 2005, 02:20 PM »
I wonder if CD could get back the thing where it said: "No New Messages" down at the bottom. and when you get a message it would tell you.
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

Drunk_As_Fuck

« Reply #76 on: Sep 02, 2005, 03:54 PM »
I think I'm having an "issue"  :(. Most of the time when I go to log in I get directed to an error page with the following message: "The resource you are looking for cannot be opened by your browser."?  WTF is that all about lol?  It takes me maybe 20 tries to actually get in - and my logon and password are correct. Anyone else having this problem or have any idiers about wtf is happening and how to fix it. Btw - XP Home avec SP2 using IE 6.0.2900.2180.  TIA :)

Dirty Dancin

« Reply #77 on: Sep 02, 2005, 04:07 PM »
I think I'm having an "issue"  :(. Most of the time when I go to log in I get directed to an error page with the following message: "The resource you are looking for cannot be opened by your browser."?  WTF is that all about lol?  It takes me maybe 20 tries to actually get in - and my logon and password are correct. Anyone else having this problem or have any idiers about wtf is happening and how to fix it. Btw - XP Home avec SP2 using IE 6.0.2900.2180.  TIA :)

Right there with ya! I'm having the same problem.
"It doesn't hurt to do something absolutely outrageous."

cat-dog

« Reply #78 on: Sep 02, 2005, 04:29 PM »

Right there with ya! I'm having the same problem.

Wish I had an answer for you both.. I've checked the site's error log, as well as the forum error log, and there's nothing that would suggest the problem you mentioned. I did some searching and found that there's a possible error if the server has a certain security module loaded. I've attempted to disable this module - let me know if you continue to have problems.
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

cat-dog

« Reply #79 on: Sep 02, 2005, 04:30 PM »
I wonder if CD could get back the thing where it said: "No New Messages" down at the bottom. and when you get a message it would tell you.

Done.
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

Drunk_As_Fuck

« Reply #80 on: Sep 02, 2005, 04:31 PM »
Thanks for the effort! I'll let ya know what happens :).

Refuckulator

« Reply #81 on: Sep 02, 2005, 04:33 PM »

Done.

I still dont have it

cat-dog

« Reply #82 on: Sep 02, 2005, 04:35 PM »

Done.

I still dont have it

Well.. it doesn't show if you don't have any new messages.. I'll see if I can figure out a way to do that I guess..

Refuckulator

« Reply #83 on: Sep 02, 2005, 05:30 PM »
Sweet. Thanks CD. "Workin' Man" :P

GTPB

« Reply #84 on: Sep 02, 2005, 05:37 PM »
I'm in here now.  I thought they were trying to keep the riff raff out of the park after receiving "not acceptabe" messages when clinking any link on the forums index.

I'm sure to see these often!

Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.

Looks great...
Slightly burnt but still smoking.

Refuckulator

« Reply #85 on: Sep 02, 2005, 06:03 PM »

Done.

I still dont have it

Well.. it doesn't show if you don't have any new messages.. I'll see if I can figure out a way to do that I guess..

IT WORKS!!! Thanks a lot CD!

Drunk_As_Fuck

« Reply #86 on: Sep 02, 2005, 09:03 PM »
Hey cat-dog: my logon "issue" seems to have been fixed!  That's a ton - you rock  :headbang:.

Dirty Dancin

« Reply #87 on: Sep 02, 2005, 09:43 PM »
Hey cat-dog: my logon "issue" seems to have been fixed!  That's a ton - you rock  :headbang:.

Yeah, no more problems for me either. Thank you for all your hard work, cat-dog!!
"It doesn't hurt to do something absolutely outrageous."

the beav

« Reply #88 on: Nov 20, 2005, 09:33 AM »
Has any one else received this message while trying to post:  "Oh my fuck, an error has occured"...YOU ALREADY SUBMITTED THIS POST, YOU MIGHT HAVE ACCIDENTELY DOUBLE CLICKED, OR TRIED REFRESH.(which is bullshit, cuz I did nothing of the sort)  I'm always careful that I hit the submit button once.

Which has caused me to lose more than a few well thought out and timely responses.  Once you hit the back botton...it's gone!  Then I say FUCK THIS and log out.  It's really annoying to say the least. :x
« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2005, 09:36 AM by the beav »
I may have alzheimer's...But at least I don't have alzheimer's

http://www.marijuana.org/GraphixFolder/graphix/%2521mbox.gif[/img]

cat-dog

« Reply #89 on: Nov 20, 2005, 10:33 AM »
Yeah, that's something with the quick reply function I believe. It's been reported, just no fixes :(

Canuckguy

« Reply #90 on: Nov 20, 2005, 03:46 PM »
Has any one else received this message while trying to post:  "Oh my fuck, an error has occured"...YOU ALREADY SUBMITTED THIS POST, YOU MIGHT HAVE ACCIDENTELY DOUBLE CLICKED, OR TRIED REFRESH.(which is bullshit, cuz I did nothing of the sort)  I'm always careful that I hit the submit button once.

Which has caused me to lose more than a few well thought out and timely responses.  Once you hit the back botton...it's gone!  Then I say FUCK THIS and log out.  It's really annoying to say the least. :x

Beav when that happens just go back one page and click the "preview" button and then try to submit.....also what seems to work is when it says the page has expired just click reload.....it will show a blank page but when you go back to the thread your new post will be there.

But if you are totally sick of it I suggest getting firefox.....it doesnt have that error, its the reason I got firefox in the first place and its a much better browser.

the beav

« Reply #91 on: Nov 21, 2005, 09:07 PM »
Ok, thanks boys, I'll give er a try.  I've never got the page expired error...just the one I posted earlier.  It happens at least once every time I visit. :beeer:
I may have alzheimer's...But at least I don't have alzheimer's

http://www.marijuana.org/GraphixFolder/graphix/%2521mbox.gif[/img]