Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Official Season 5 Final Reviews and Analysis  (Read 29628 times)

Bennethon

Re: Official Season 5 Final Reviews and Analysis
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2006, 03:01 PM »
In my TPB newbie opinion, Seasion 5 was very ANGRY:x

heavymetaldick

« Reply #51 on: Jul 28, 2009, 09:19 PM »
I think season 5 was great. Lots of classic TPB moments there. I think its evident that most of the scenes from the feature film are actually inspired by some things in episodes, 5th season is with the freedom 35 which is similar to the theme of the movie, the big dirty.
Fuck off, I've got work to do.

JAG

« Reply #52 on: Apr 02, 2010, 11:57 PM »
I realize this is a VERY old thread, but I never really read the whole thing until now so here is my bit:

I am actually surprised at how many people didn't really LOVE season 5! I have to say, this is one of my FAVOURITE seasons, if not THE favourite. (Season 3 and 5 are right on the top of my list.)

I thought season 5 had a lot of heart; more realism. The boys were stressed out over the hash, and a lot of shit happened and they had to try to deal with it. They just seemed more REAL this season...I am not sure how to describe it but in the end none of the arguing, the potential money with the hash...NONE of it mattered more then each other. Julian was willing to turn all the has over to Cyrus because Bubbles was scared and upset about the possibility of a gun fight, Ricky asking Bubbles to look after Trinity for him when he had the heart attack, Julian having to suck it up and find a way to get Layhey to help Ricky and then you had Ricky accepting responsibility for Bubbles' gun so Bubs wouldn't have to go to jail...

GOOD STUFF. This season had humour with a bit of realism (we can't love each other ALL the time!) and a lot of heart. I loved it. As a matter of fact, I have the season 5 finale on my iPod. I watch it all the time.
~Sarah~
*100% Certified Honouary Canuck*

Port Cockerton:

"Maybe if you hadn't spent the whole night sinking space sluts you wouldn't have let down the entire universe yet again!"
"Copy that."
"Solution, Captain Powerful?!"
"MORE powder of confidence..."

Darry

• Moskal Multimedia
« Reply #53 on: Jul 08, 2010, 11:20 PM »
Season 5 was fucking amazing. All the episode was hilarious and its just none-stop craziness.

Pros

- Ray steals the shit out of this season. He is easily the funniest character of this season.
- Cyrus/Terry/Dennis storyline (although new is funny)
- Lahey takes drinking to a whole new level. John really showcases his talent in this season
- Season flows very smoothly. Well written

Cons

- No more real parks, fake park
Shitliner's coming to port, and ill be there to tie her up

dwiz

« Reply #54 on: Dec 20, 2010, 07:03 PM »
ricky on the loudspeaker - mr lahey and randy to the fuckoff dept,mr lahey and randy to the fuckoff dept. love that scene

Sh1tAbyss

« Reply #55 on: Apr 12, 2011, 04:05 PM »
The most complexly plotted season, Ricky's fuckiest season (burning down Ray's trailer and letting Bubbles take the rap "out of friendship") Lahey's most psycho season and most importantly, the season where JP Tremblay looked his Sexianest. For some reason the ep where Julian takes Gumby and Pifucchio with him to steal the hash from the Flappy Bird Brothers' house gets me hot.

dwiz

« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2011, 08:53 PM »
^really?
it gets u hot?
that is a good episode
props 4 the alias corey an trevor reference

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #57 on: Sep 13, 2011, 03:02 AM »
There is no more way more awesomer season of TPB than Season 5!
    Lahey is like a Shakespearean villian. John Dunsworth shines.
    You get reminded of how hard the Boys' lives would be, if they were real people. For part of the season they're literally starving!
     It's a real old school season. They kinda went back to Seasons 1 and 2, but it's way better because the acting is. There's more characters, more familiarity with the characters, and everyone seems to have the rhythm of their characters down.
    Fuck, I love Season 5.
« Last Edit: Nov 08, 2011, 04:37 AM by moncton velvet smooth »
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then

corytrevordawg

« Reply #58 on: Jan 05, 2012, 12:47 PM »
Probably my second favourite season, along with season three. Loved how it was the first season with 10 episodes, and that they had Cyrus come back. Tons of great episodes, including "Winds of Shit" "Don't Cross The Shitline" "Dressed All Over" and "Fuckin Way She Goes"

Loved the season's plot of the hash driveway, that was genius!

9/10