Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Official Season 5, Episode Ten Thread  (Read 41638 times)

the beav

Official Season 5, Episode Ten Thread
« Reply #50 on: Jun 19, 2005, 09:01 PM »
Holy cock-ridin' cowboys batman!!  That was an awesome episode!  That was an awesome season and I can't wait for the movie and next season!

Bub's warface reference from Stanley Kubricks classic FULL METAL JACKET was absolutely hilarious...as it's my favorite war movie of all time.

The gunfight was awesome....Lahey was awesome....Ricky havin' a heart attack was kinda scary because I wasn't sure what was gonna happen there.  If they were gonna actually kill off Robb Wells, that would have sucked big time.  

Cory and Trevor gettin' shot and then takin' the heat and goin' to jail was awesome..."YOU GUYS FUCKED UP BIGTIME!!" ~ Ricky yellin at em' after they've been shot and tells Julian "Put em' in the trunk, you know the rules" Hahaaaaa

Awesome awesome awesome....I'm jonsin' for more already. :D
I may have alzheimer's...But at least I don't have alzheimer's

http://www.marijuana.org/GraphixFolder/graphix/%2521mbox.gif[/img]

RockJ

« Reply #51 on: Jun 19, 2005, 09:05 PM »
Good overall season.  Watched episode 10 twice with my PVR.  My impression was that it was anticlimatic at best.  The rickyisms were fair.  Normally he makes some sense, but tonight it was primarily jibberish.  This episode fails in comparison with the season 4 ending.

Not trying to flame, but I expected more.  I even took a breather before watching the episode again.
Damn it sucks not being able to see the episodes first hand again!!!

Inflatable Elvis

« Reply #52 on: Jun 19, 2005, 09:23 PM »
Just finshied watching the show (i was out so i taped it), and i have to say it was great.. nice shoot out.. although i have to say it's not what i expected, but hey it was good anyway. The bad thing is we have to wait til April to see new episodes.. fucking April.. lol.

And as for the season.. I have to say.. THE BEST FUCKING SEASON YET.. LETS GO WITH SEASON 6.
~Inflatable Elvis~

Jacob:  "Bammmmmmm"
Phil Collins: "Peanut Butter and Jaaaammm"
Mr. Lahey: "What the fuck are you doing, Phil?"
------------------------
Bubbles (Phil Collins burps, while Bubbles preforms CPR) "Jesus Christ! Phil exploded"

Ole Dirty

« Reply #53 on: Jun 19, 2005, 09:36 PM »
Somebody please hurry tha fhak up and load the episode to the net!!!! I haven't seen it yet!!!!
"Your life will never be complete...until you snort a coke line off a $10 000 hooker's ass." ~Grandpa Ole Dirty

"Wearing pants is such a hassle" ~ Ole Dirty

"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Chuck Norris."

kcrocks

« Reply #54 on: Jun 19, 2005, 09:48 PM »
Thats funny. I was walking  by the Delta Chelsea in T.O. tonight and I saw a guy, I called Ricky, harvesting the long butts outa the arshtray this afternoon! :shock:
once a trailer park boy always a trailer park boy

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #55 on: Jun 19, 2005, 09:51 PM »
The thing J-Roc said was hilarious! and it was nice to see Bubbles back with an SMG. Great fuckin episode!... Not the best season ending scene as last years but it was really funny. I liked Lahey at the end when he was drunk at the award seremony. Less than a year boys and girls and we'll have season 6 AND A FUCKIN MOVIE! YA!
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

modernrococo

« Reply #56 on: Jun 19, 2005, 10:02 PM »
It was a great year (10 episodes) that is! A fascinating episode - tried hard not to laugh for fear I might miss something.  Exciting gunfight - really liked how the boys didn't want to get involved in a gunfight first of all - and - good for the plotlines of Season Six since murder - or manslaughter is a VERY long stretch in prison!  I'm very proud of the boys for never killing anyone - maiming yes - but I like it too. (joke)
I kept waiting for a 'Sting'-like switcheroo where they would confuse duffelbags and Bubbs end up with the hash in the last shot - but that's just the writer in me.  Kind of a weak ending but it does leave the door wide open for Season Six - and of course - the MOVIE!

modernrococo

« Reply #57 on: Jun 19, 2005, 10:04 PM »
Oh sorry - almost forgot -
_________

"dumbulance"

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
« Reply #58 on: Jun 19, 2005, 10:04 PM »
Holy Fuck!
 What a great episode to end the season!!!Way to much good  stuff to mention any of it.
 You could almost feel the cold of the "Shit Blizzard" coming through the T.V..
Well All I can say is it's a good thing Ricky didn't read all those books or he would have been sleepin' with the shit fishes right now.

Can't wait till next season:)
"Jack never even took one step of his own ....yet he traveled so far".

Letter's to my little boy Jack

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
« Reply #59 on: Jun 19, 2005, 10:09 PM »
Less thank 10 months till the next season and the next HMV event!!!
"Jack never even took one step of his own ....yet he traveled so far".

Letter's to my little boy Jack

shake

« Reply #60 on: Jun 19, 2005, 10:18 PM »
Quote from: Astronaut
They were able to inject some humour in this episode even though it was very tension filled.  Examples: 1. Ricky slips and falls while they boys run from the gunfire 2. Bubbles explaining how to look tough and shoot OVER an opponents head just to scare them off.  3. Lahey

Good stuff

Most Definitely.  In addition to that, as was mentioned already by CartThief

“Mr. Lahey the cock’s done”, great opening in general.

Like T-bag  said, Bubbles complimenting Cyrus on his “Excellent jacket”

Ricky-ism mentioned "Cory and Trevor in a cast with their arms still up"

Lots of screamings by Donnie

J-ROC’s did you pack your own bag speech.

And of course as was mentioned by a few people, drunk Lahey’s acceptance speech.

Quote from: Milk
Here goes the heart!

"Stop shooting! Someone's hurt!"

Yeah I get a kick out of that, the boys always use that clause in shootouts, like it’s a given when you are trying to kill someone you have to stop if they get hurt ha ha.

bigbenjamin

« Reply #61 on: Jun 19, 2005, 10:52 PM »
Just to support my dear friend, KARNAC, his prediction about a major player dying was correct. Ricky was dead for six minutes :lol: ! Karnac never fails . . well almost. Ooooh, and two major supporting players got shot - not bad . . amazing Bubbs didn't kill anybody with that blazing machine-gun :bubs:  :guns:  :clapping:  \:D/ !!!!!!

happy for KARNAC cheers!

shake

« Reply #62 on: Jun 19, 2005, 11:13 PM »
Quote from: bigbenjamin
Just to support my dear friend, KARNAC, his prediction about a major player dying was correct. Ricky was dead for six minutes :lol: ! Karnac never fails . . well almost.

Actually Karnac predicted a character would "depart" he didn't specify dying.  I took it as the actor would leave the show.  If you make enough predictions you're bound to be right some of the time :P

A few people proposed their own "someone’s gonna die" theories, I have to say I’m glad they were wrong.  It was a reasonable assumption when all those articles said there would be the biggest shootout in Canadian TV history, but I can’t think of any characters on this show I wouldn’t miss.

I thought the idea behind them surrendering was great, as well as the idea of how it got fucked up.  Bubbles was the first to realize you better tell C & T.  The walkie fucked up, you can't trust technology!

seanmccann

« Reply #63 on: Jun 19, 2005, 11:35 PM »
We need a small 4 ep mid point season of them in jail.

jenni

« Reply #64 on: Jun 19, 2005, 11:35 PM »
Over again, for another year....  *sigh*

Too short and quick for us, we sit down and before we know it, its over.... :(

We vote for hour long episodes next year.......

Now we begin the in depth analysis of this episode.......  :)

Becca

« Reply #65 on: Jun 20, 2005, 12:02 AM »
Quote from: JulianRocks
It was definatley a great Season! I actually had tears going down my face when Ricky died!! :cry:  Too bad the boys had to go to jail again this year. Thanks for another great year of TPB cast and crew!! :clap:

I was tense through that scene too, JR!  I mean, I knew that it stood to reason that Ricky would pull through but just the idea of him cashing out, got me a bit misty-eyed.

Astronaut mentioned that there was a lot of emotion in this episode and I agree.  As mentioned was Ricky's heart attack; Bubbs' reaction to Ricky's heart stopping; Julian's manipulation of Mr. Lahey to get him to perform CPR on Ricky and Mr. Lahey's reaction; and, in the end when Mr. Lahey is making an ass of himself at the televised awards ceremony, you can see the combination of concern and pity on Randy's face until Mr. Lahey turns to the camera and says "Hi Randy", and then Randy's all smiles again.  Kinda warmed my blackened heart, it did.

I echo others' comments when I say:  What a stellar season!! Kudos to all involved with the show!  You really make Sunday nights fun, I tell ya.

Cheers!!
B.

P.S.  to JR and Sarge:  Tight prison garb sure looks great on The Man, eh?   :wink:  :lol:

Roger Clemente

• http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx
« Reply #66 on: Jun 20, 2005, 12:35 AM »
AWWW YEAH!!!!

It's funny to realize that the only time this season Cory and Trevor fuck up costs them everything.  It's nice to actually see them getting thrown in jail for once.

I think "Suck my cock, bike!" is my new favortie Rickyism.  Kind of reminds me of myself.  Whenever I stub my toe or anything like that, I usually take out all my frustration on whatever it was I just tripped over or ran into.

That shot of Ricky and Bubbles backing the car up and then having Cyrus, Dennis and Terry jumping out with two guns blazing each was wicked!!!

"Don't stop shooting on my account!"  Danny has a field day in this episode.

It seems like the boys now have newfound respect for Lahey.

"Hi Randy!"

Ricky seems to have recovered from a "fatal" heart attack awfully quickly.  What a great speech...only Ricky could get away with explaining his tactful stupidity as his logical reason for survival, and probably be right.
A man's gotta eat.

Ricky-ism

• http://www.bobsagetisgod.com
« Reply #67 on: Jun 20, 2005, 12:58 AM »
I wonder whats going to happen in season six..

I'm guessing Ray would get released from prison along with Ricky and Julian. Ricky and Julian are pissed off as fuck with Cory and Trevor so I wonder if they will ever get them help out with future missions again.

Lahey obviously will not quit drinking, but the ties between Ricky, Julian, Bubbles and Randy seem way stronger. Cyrus and the nerds are probably gonna be in jail for a long time.

Considering this season was intense mostly and had lots and lots of serious moments, I'm hoping season six will just mostly stick to it's comedy with lots of Rickyisms and stealing etc...... Season 5 was the best for "Shitononomy" hands down.
"Knock Knock Lahey"

"Whos there Ricky?"

"A fuckin' shitty fuckin' trailer park supervisor who hangs around with a big-gutted drunk elf who thinks he's gettin' us thrown back in jail but he can't 'cause he's got no evidence and he's dumb as fuck, and he's got this other thing goin' on in his head that's tryin' to... twirly around and... fuckin' get... different... FUCK!"

sexy black t-shirt

« Reply #68 on: Jun 20, 2005, 01:08 AM »
Really enjoyed the ep. but sad that it's all over 'til next season.....    I agree with everyone we NEED MORE episodes in a season, 10 just isnt enough.

Cory and Trevor laying on the roof: Julian, I think were gonna dieee..

or Cory and Trevor:  Sorry dude i think we fucked up!

Cyrus: Well how about we fuck down!

Donnie/Danny "well dont fuckin stop on my account!"

The podium rolling around on the stage while a drunk Lahey is giving his speech at the award ceremony. Pretty funny. :)
I don't want to be known as the guy that just walks up and slaps badunkadunks.  ~Bubbles

Becca

« Reply #69 on: Jun 20, 2005, 01:24 AM »
I wonder what Mrs. Peterson was thinking when Cory, Trevor and Jules were stompin' on the roof of her humble abode and then all that gunfire started erupting.  Sparky was probably hiding under the bed ... or maybe she had to calm him down with some of Ricky's special brownies.

I love how Julian, true to form, is holding his glass of beloved rum & coke in the middle of a gunfight and Mr. Lahey, while dodging bullets, is sipping away.  Priorities!

One thing I forgot to mention in my previous post re: emotional moments was Ricky thanking Mr. Lahey.  Nice touch.

Cheers,
B.

bigbenjamin

« Reply #70 on: Jun 20, 2005, 02:27 AM »
Quote from: Becca

One thing I forgot to mention in my previous post re: emotional moments was Ricky thanking Mr. Lahey.  Nice touch.

Cheers,
B.

Yes, I was struck by that small, but telling gesture, too! (The angles on James Lahey's perception of reality are a shrink's wet dream!) Does this mean Lahey has to find another scape-goat for his deep sense of failure?
And Julian saying he always looked up to Lahey like a father -YIKES! - even if he was conning Jim, sheeit - kinda makes yr flesh crawl  :shock: !

The TPB franchise has plenty of life left in it after  five (count 'em - 5!)amazing seasons! Long live TPB!
 :D Cheers!

Shitrockk

« Reply #71 on: Jun 20, 2005, 04:14 AM »
Quote from: Chantal
And I missed it. Would someone be so kind as to give me a sort of summary? Please?

Chantal, I don't know if you've seen it yet, but if not, here's Showcase's summary...

"J-Roc and Tyrone explain that Cyrus, Terry and Dennis are getting out of jail today thanks to Lahey, and they've got automatic weapons that they're going to use to kill Ricky, Julian and Bubbles. J-Roc and T bust out of jail and head back to Sunnyvale to warn the boys. The boys realize that ironically, Lahey used the money that Julian gave him for the trailer to bail Cyrus out of jail. Now Bubbles knows why the park is being evacuated—Cyrus is going to start a gunfight and kill everyone! The boys prepare for war.

Ricky tells Trinity to leave the park on her bike and ride to safety. Julian asks J-Roc and Tyrone to dig up a hockey bag from under his trailer, and gets Cory and Trevor to take the hash up on to Mrs. Petersen's roof and be on the lookout for Cyrus. When Bubbles sees that the hockey bag is filled with guns, he begs the boys to stop—he doesn't want them to use guns, he's afraid everyone will die. Julian reluctantly agrees—no guns. When Cyrus, Terry and Dennis arrive, Julian surrenders and says he'll give the hash back. But Cory and Trevor screw up again and start shooting. Cyrus thinks he's been duped and a huge gunfight begins.

During the chaos of the shootout, Ricky has a heart attack. Julian asks Lahey for help—he's the only person who knows CPR. Lahey agrees, but only after Julian calls him "Officer Lahey." Ricky has been unconscious for a while and Lahey says there's no hope that he'll survive without brain damage. But he performs CPR anyway and manages to revive Ricky—it turns out that Ricky's brain uses less oxygen than a normal person's brain, so he's good as new.

When the cops show up, they arrest Cyrus, but Ricky and Julian are hauled downtown too. Bubbles is left alone in the park again, wondering how long the boys will be in jail this time."
"Well, a man is supposed to always be thinking about stuff about his family, and for to make himself to do things that are gonna gooder the family around, and gooder it up. And that is what is a man." -Ricky

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #72 on: Jun 20, 2005, 04:23 AM »
Quote from: Becca
I wonder what Mrs. Peterson was thinking when Cory, Trevor and Jules were stompin' on the roof of her humble abode and then all that gunfire started erupting.  Sparky was probably hiding under the bed ... or maybe she had to calm him down with some of Ricky's special brownies.

Cheers,
B.

I hope she rolled out of the park with some of the other residents in episode 9.
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

bubblesforprimeminister

« Reply #73 on: Jun 20, 2005, 04:40 AM »
A good, though, pretty heavy and emotional ending to a somewhat lack-luster season.  A couple of favorite lines already mentioned are:

Bubs: "Excellent Jacket"

Danny/Donny: "Don't stop shooting on my account"

That last one just about had me on the floor!
Not my favorite season, but a satisfying ending and many more great lines from all of the characters.  Looking forward to Season 6 and the movie.

PS.  Yes, what about Ray?

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #74 on: Jun 20, 2005, 05:12 AM »
damit why do i have to waith 4 more hours to watch it :(  (at work now)

I couldnt help myself and already read way too much here :(
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

"Just remember when you control the mail you control....information!"