Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Official Season 5, Episode Ten Thread  (Read 41698 times)

Randy's Gut

Official Season 5, Episode Ten Thread
« Reply #125 on: Jun 21, 2005, 03:06 PM »
WHY do other shows get like 20-some episodes per season and we have to salivate over 6/8/10? April is soooo far away :cry:

Just for the sake of controversy, I agree that Jules surrendered a bit quick (I know, Bubbles was crying, but they had already gone through a lot over that driveway) and found it hard to believe that he was basically giving away the ticket to his trailer just like that.

So I *wonder* if maybe he deliberately made his order vague, maybe hoping that by distraculating the fuckups he could get Cyrus killed, the hash back *and* save face in front of his friends, looking like he was willing to give up the hash to spare them? I mean, if there's one thing you can count on Cory and Trevor to do, it's to get it wrong.

I Was Gettin Changed

« Reply #126 on: Jun 21, 2005, 03:08 PM »
I didn't read the whole thread but I agree with what I did read. They ended this season on a high note. So many places still to go.

Best part for me was Ricky "Fuck I'm hungry, got anything to eat Bubs" in the middle of a gun fight.. Then there was Ricky's awesome bag of butts that Trinity got him.. Cory and Trevor in the casts almost made me piss myself. Lahey's speech, falling all over the place. The show was classic TPB. Me and my girl loved it.

Thanks for the awesome season if you read this!! Can't wait for the DVD.

peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeace.............

JRock71

• JRock's MySpace
« Reply #127 on: Jun 21, 2005, 03:47 PM »
Finally watched the season finale and it was funny and awesome as usual.

I almost died laughing at the end when Cory and Trevor had their hands up in a cast while in jail and Lahey being pissed drunk while accepting the bravery award. Classic Lahey!!!

One question that needs answer? Who has the hash? Julian, Ricky, Corey and Trevor are in jail and so is Cyrus and Dennis.  Terry & Dennis Grandmother? Bubbles? The Cops?

All Scenarios looks good for the 6th season. BTW it is awesome to hear Danny again!
Go Oilers Go!!! Oilers all the way baby!

RockJ

« Reply #128 on: Jun 21, 2005, 04:28 PM »
My favorite 3 Rickyisms from season 5 are:  Toadaso  Fortosay and fortobe from episode 10.  I have actually found my self working these rickyisms into conversation after watching the episodes.

I am still disappointed with the gunfight as compared to the craziness of the season 4 ending!
Damn it sucks not being able to see the episodes first hand again!!!

RockJ

« Reply #129 on: Jun 21, 2005, 04:49 PM »
Episode 10 grades:

Lahey A+
George Green B
Donny A+  He is the spice that is thrown in from time to time.
Julian B
Bubbles B+
Ricky A-
Randy C
Cyrus B+ (I did not think he was all that bad as compared to others)
J-Rock DVS C- for not helping out
Flappy Brothers D-  They suck!!!

After watching it a couple of times with the torrent instead of the PVR, it has kind of grown on me.  (BTW, the sound is much better on the torrents than live from ExpressVU, I was able to hear Ricky start to breathe once Lahey revived him, unable to do so with ExpressVU or the recording on my PVR).  I take back some of the harsh words that I used in my initial review.

I don't understand why they do not try to capitalize more on the popularity of the show.  Until the movie comes out, they just have 6-10 episodes per seasopn Xmas, the original movie and the DVD sales.  I am surprised that they are not concerned that people will not lose interest between seasons.  Take the Sopranos for instance.  During most of the seasons, I made sure that I subbed to HBO to catch all of the new episode.  I contrast this with today where I would not sub to HBO even if they were to show the complete new season in  a marathon.

Also, are Cyrus and the flappey brothers stealing J-Rocks whip when they load up the hash.  It looks like J-Rocks station wagon/whip.  Yes, I even refer to my vehicle as the whip.
Damn it sucks not being able to see the episodes first hand again!!!

Robbie

« Reply #130 on: Jun 21, 2005, 05:00 PM »
lol i would have to say that was a great season i just cant wait for the next one

Nice one boys :D

superdee

« Reply #131 on: Jun 21, 2005, 05:17 PM »
Someone mentioned about a short TPB season...
I like to think, pack all your best work in a short season and keep the viewers wanting more:)

on a side note...it is Donnie that yells all the background stuff.

As for the message Julian says to C&T on the walkie talkie...Julian tells him not to take the shot....but with the radio interference Corey thinks he says take the shot
How many teddy bears did you see in the background of The Cheeseburger Picnic episode?

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #132 on: Jun 21, 2005, 06:00 PM »
Quote from: RockJ
Also, are Cyrus and the flappey brothers stealing J-Rocks whip when they load up the hash.  It looks like J-Rocks station wagon/whip.  Yes, I even refer to my vehicle as the whip.

I thought it was their grandma's car since she drove them there, but I could be wrong.
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

shake

« Reply #133 on: Jun 21, 2005, 06:58 PM »
Quote from: superdee
As for the message Julian says to C&T on the walkie talkie...Julian tells him not to take the shot....but with the radio interference Corey thinks he says take the shot

That is probably what happened, but that means the missing part of the message would have to be something to the effect of “don’t”.  The interference didn't last that long, there's not a whole lot he could have said.

Why would he say “As soon as you see Cyrus *** “don’t”*** can take the shot.”

Like I said earlier if he really wanted to be clear he would have said something like "Don't shoot" right away, nothing like "As soon as you see Cyrus".

Quote from: Randy's Gut

So I *wonder* if maybe he deliberately made his order vague, maybe hoping that by distraculating the fuckups he could get Cyrus killed, the hash back *and* save face in front of his friends, looking like he was willing to give up the hash to spare them? I mean, if there's one thing you can count on Cory and Trevor to do, it's to get it wrong.

Or it could be he was hoping that they wouldn’t fuck up.  Perhaps he was hoping his gun training paid off and they would kill Cyrus and the fb bros and their prints would be on the murder weapons. I’m still not convinced as to what exactly Julian’s intentions were.

CartThief

« Reply #134 on: Jun 21, 2005, 07:08 PM »
I'm with Shake on this one...I think it will come out in season 6
"Once a Trailer Park Boy, Always a Trailer Park Boy..."

Drunk_As_Fuck

« Reply #135 on: Jun 21, 2005, 08:02 PM »
Did ya see the way one of the floppy bird brothers pushed the shopping cart full away just as the cops were showing up.  Hmmm ... wonder what became of that?  Can't wait until next season to find out ;).

superdee

« Reply #136 on: Jun 21, 2005, 08:10 PM »
Quote from: CartThief
I'm with Shake on this one...I think it will come out in season 6

perhaps but I'm thinking you'll probably find out in the season 5 DVD extra features first (assuming it is released before season 6 airs as was the case with the season 4 dvd before this season)
How many teddy bears did you see in the background of The Cheeseburger Picnic episode?

JulianRocks

« Reply #137 on: Jun 21, 2005, 08:17 PM »
Quote from: SgtMeowsteen

BECCA ! SARGE ! JR ! To the ANGELMOBILE and off to Season SIX PARTY in HALIFAX !!!!!!!!!! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D Woo Hoo !

That would be too awesome if Jules' Angels could hook up at the party to meet our Man In Black!! I look forward to next year!!! :D  :D

Dirty Dancin

« Reply #138 on: Jun 21, 2005, 11:23 PM »
Quote from: JulianRocks

BECCA ! SARGE ! JR ! To the ANGELMOBILE and off to Season SIX PARTY in HALIFAX !!!!!!!!!! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D Woo Hoo !

That would be too awesome if Jules' Angels could hook up at the party to meet our Man In Black!! I look forward to next year!!! :D  :D

Got room for one more?? You could even stash me in the trunk Corey & Trevor style!  :)
"It doesn't hurt to do something absolutely outrageous."

SgtMeowsteen

• My Space site
« Reply #139 on: Jun 21, 2005, 11:32 PM »
Quote from: Dirty Dancin'

Got room for one more?? You could even stash me in the trunk Corey & Trevor style!  :)

Y'know...... I realized today that I forgot about our Texas angel   :wink: Always got room for one more girl ! I think we'll need the trunk space though for whatever scheme Becca may plot that night :o  :D
You might be sexy Julian....but you can't teach me anything about liquor....
-Fackin Lahey

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #140 on: Jun 22, 2005, 07:09 AM »
Most people seem to bash cyrus his acting

i kno he overacts a bit , but i think it totally suits the role (like pacino overacting in scarface...)

"We Don't want any trouble , but we DON'T MIND MAKIN' SOME!"
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

"Just remember when you control the mail you control....information!"

shake

« Reply #141 on: Jun 22, 2005, 08:37 AM »
Quote from: Djet3k

i kno he overacts a bit , but i think it totally suits the role (like pacino overacting in scarface...)

I love the way Robichaud plays the character, he's a real badass that happens to be a dickhead.  He has provided lots of classic lines.

nomesayin

« Reply #142 on: Jun 22, 2005, 09:47 AM »
Well there is not much to say that has not been covered already.  I think it was a great episode. Lots of funny lines.  I wish they would make the episodes one hour and a jail episode would be very cool.  Esp. since Ray must still be there.  I bet he will get out the same time as the boys.  What did Ricky say in Ep 9.  20 or 21 weeks...

I wonder if the floppy birds grandma was in the car the whole time?  I guess she must have been.  You think they might be worried about her....
Ricky, member I told you about thinking about each word before you say it?  One of those words isn't real...

bigbenjamin

« Reply #143 on: Jun 24, 2005, 12:20 AM »
Quote from: Djet3k

I agree, Cyrus is underated. Maybe it's because the character is a phony, kind of a fake tough guy - I love what Cyrus does and the way does it, and adding Dennis & Terry as his flunkies was another stroke of MC genius!

fuck off, i got work to do cheers :lol: !

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
Season 5
« Reply #144 on: Jun 24, 2005, 01:21 AM »
Well since most everything has been said already. I guess I won't say to much. But this was a very good season all in all. After going back and watching the episodes again I find it to be very funny. Now the sad part is waiting until next season  :cry: Things to look forward too; however, are The TPB Movie, Season 5 DVD set and hopefully the holiday release of the Christmas Special. Plus just maybe *fingers crossed* the B&W pilot. One thing that cannot be said enough is the terrific acting of John Dunsworth  :clap: what a performance from episode 1-10  :lol: My hat is off to you and Drink held high  :cheers:

Becca

« Reply #145 on: Jun 26, 2005, 12:08 AM »
Quote from: Dirty Dancin'

Y'know...... I realized today that I forgot about our Texas angel   :wink: Always got room for one more girl ! I think we'll need the trunk space though for whatever scheme Becca may plot that night :o  :D

Muahahah!  Yes, m'dahlings, we'll need the trunk space ... and we may even have to hitch a trailer to the Angelmobile for other accessories!  Someone better say a prayer for The Man in Black (and no, I don't mean Johnny Cash, heh).

Of course we have room for ya, DD!  The more the merrier, I say!

Cheers,
B.

JulianRocks

« Reply #146 on: Jun 26, 2005, 06:50 AM »
:lol:  :lol: Next years party looks like it's gonna be very interesting and fun!!! :P  :lol:  I can see it now...... Security is gonna be booming next year cause JP reads Becca's post!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Just remember Becca to leave the hand-cuffs and the whip in the trailer for later. They may consider the whip as a weapon. :wink:  :lol:

Spike

« Reply #147 on: Jul 08, 2005, 05:51 PM »
Awesome episode, good performaces by the boys, and a more serious Storyline :clapping:

I HOPE Season 6 has 12 Episodes because, they always go up two numbers 6, 8, 10,...

I don't know what Julian, Ricky, and Bubbles are gonna do in season 6, maybe new dopefields or grand theft auto businesses?

Kahnweiler

Re: Official Season 5, Episode Ten Thread
« Reply #148 on: May 24, 2006, 11:43 PM »
Cory: Dude, thank you. Ah, god...
Police Officer: Someone call an ambulance.
Cory: I've been shot, dude.
Ricky: Shut the fuck up, you wuzzies. I was dead. You got shot. Big deal. You should call a dumbulance...

Hahaha, I laught so hard when I heard that...  :lol:
Bible Pimp: “Can you read, my son?”
Bubbles: “That depends. Can you go fuck yourself?”

moncton velvet smooth

Re: Official Season 5, Episode Ten Thread
« Reply #149 on: Nov 02, 2011, 03:21 AM »
TPB LATE NIGHT BAKE-A-THON
   Nice foreshadowing with J-Roc talking about being hassled at the airport about something that doesn't belong to him. That and knowing how George Green busted Lahey - falsely - for being drunk when they were partners, seeing how that informs the scene with George and Jimmy.
   Hope I'm not being a spoiler for anybody here.
    Y'know, Julian could have stationed Cory and Trevor above somebody else's trailer, gnomesayin'?
 :6paper: :ricky: :6paper: :bubs: :6paper: :julian: :perv1: :6paper: :roll: :6paper: :P :6paper: :lol: :6paper: :shock: :6paper:
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then