Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: The Tragically Hip  (Read 71586 times)

SchoonerPixie

Re: The Tragically Hip
« Reply #50 on: Nov 04, 2005, 07:24 PM »

I LOVE THE HIP... One of my totally gav bands and have been since about 10 yo.. Gordie is a musical
       GOD!!!  8) Only sad part is I have yet to go too one of their concerts! Shit I haven't been to any   
       concerts... next thing on my todo list! And when I go I'll tell you all about it!  :beeer:

Schooner Pixie

Cappy

• Location: Blue trailer on the corner........stay off my fackin' lawn!
« Reply #51 on: Nov 05, 2005, 01:16 AM »
I think the new Hip boxset is everything I imagined, and then some...I LOVE the new songs, GENIUS!
whats your all-time fav. Hip song?
mines Wheat Kings.

ditto, just heard it on the shuffle!
You can't just give up on pulling up your pants!

SgtMeowsteen

• My Space site
« Reply #52 on: Nov 06, 2005, 12:22 AM »
When I saw this Live clip I decided that I MUST SEE THIS BAND !

Gordo Grooves !!! :headbang:

http://umusic.ca/site/media/thehip/video/hipeponymous/hipeponymous_trailer320.php
You might be sexy Julian....but you can't teach me anything about liquor....
-Fackin Lahey

shake

« Reply #53 on: Nov 06, 2005, 12:49 AM »
Awesome Sarge, great clip.  No one can tell me they aren’t the best band in the world right now.  I tried to view that trailer before at the www.thehip.com but I couldn’t get through, thanks for posting it. 

Gord: "Bring out your dead, bring out your dead".  He's a TPB and Monty Python fan, the man knows his comedy!

Also there’s more downloadable stuff out there, you should be able to get the songs they played on SNL, Grace, Too and Nautical Disaster, great performances.  Too bad the clip of ND cuts out before the song ends.  The great Robbie Baker often waits until the song is finishing to kick it into high gear on the guitar, and the clip ended before he got going. Dan Akroyd, also from Kingston Ontario, home of the Hip, hosted the show and was very proud to introduce the group to the US.

SgtMeowsteen

• My Space site
« Reply #54 on: Nov 06, 2005, 01:03 AM »
Here is a high streaming version of the clip. Maybe that will work better.

[-o<

http://umusic.ca/site/media/thehip/video/hipeponymous/hipeponymous_trailer640.php
You might be sexy Julian....but you can't teach me anything about liquor....
-Fackin Lahey

shake

« Reply #55 on: Nov 06, 2005, 01:04 AM »

I LOVE THE HIP... One of my totally gav bands and have been since about 10 yo.. Gordie is a musical
       GOD!!!  8) Only sad part is I have yet to go too one of their concerts! Shit I haven't been to any   
       concerts... next thing on my todo list! And when I go I'll tell you all about it!  :beeer:

Wow, too bad you've never seen the HIP live.  If you get the HIP box set they filmed an entire concert, "That night in Toronto" .

c11

« Reply #56 on: Nov 07, 2005, 12:30 PM »

Wow, too bad you've never seen the HIP live.  If you get the HIP box set they filmed an entire concert, "That night in Toronto" .

Which is awesome, filmed at Air Canada Center last year.

J to the R-O-C

• my myspace page
« Reply #57 on: Nov 07, 2005, 12:57 PM »
No one can tell me they aren’t the best band in the world right now

i love them a lot

but Ween is better
"Anybody who wants religion is welcome to it as far as I'm concerned, I support your right to enjoy it. However, I would appreciate it if you exhibited more respect for the rights of those people who do not wish to share your dogma, rapture or necrodestination." - Frank Zappa

shake

« Reply #58 on: Nov 09, 2005, 09:17 PM »
More news…if you don’t want the limited edition box set you can by just the 2 greatest hit CDs or just the 2 DVDs.  The CDs and DVDs went on sale separately yesterday.

Here's the info about the box set again...

Album Details
Special Box Set Anthology of the Veteran Canadian Group that Includes Includes the Following: A) Two Discs of Hits Titled "Yer Favourites" with 34 Classic Tracks Chosen by Over 150,000 Fans Online. All Tracks have Been Digitally Remastered; B) a 48 Page Book with the Band's Official History, Memorabilia and Plenty of Photographs; C) the Band's First Ever Dvd Production, "That Night in Toronto" with 24 Songs Recorded Live in Concert in November 2004 at the Air Canada Centre. The Show was Filmed in High Definition and Digtally Mixed in Pcm Dolby Digital
5. 1 Surround Sound, Directed by Pierre and Francois Lamoureux. Includes a Bonus Feature of Three Songs Available on the Disc Recorded in Multiple Angle Format; D) a Second Dvd with a Compilation of all the Band's 23 Promotional Videos Along with 11 Video Vignettes. This Set is Exclusive to this Package and Includes the Bonus Film "Macroscopic" by Christoper Mills. In Sum, a Treasure Trove for the Ardent Fan, to Say the Least.

J to the R-O-C

• my myspace page
« Reply #59 on: Dec 31, 2005, 10:35 PM »
i have the That Night In Toronto DVD on right now...it's awesome

what a great way to ring in the new year
"Anybody who wants religion is welcome to it as far as I'm concerned, I support your right to enjoy it. However, I would appreciate it if you exhibited more respect for the rights of those people who do not wish to share your dogma, rapture or necrodestination." - Frank Zappa

Vancouver

« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2006, 08:05 PM »
TheHip start their tour at the end of this month! They're in Van. July 18th. whooo! :6paper:
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

ShitLeopard

• Subfighter.com
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2006, 08:19 PM »
The Hip are actually going to be playing about 10 minutes away from my house on June 16th.It's for the Three Rivers Arts Festival and best of all...... it's FREE!!!!!
R.I.P. Dad

Shit machine gun

« Reply #62 on: Aug 18, 2006, 09:07 AM »
The Hip's new album title is...
By JOHN WILLIAMS

The Tragically Hip has finally let the world in on the title of the group's forthcoming album.

Gord Downie and Co. have decided on "World Container" as the follow-up to 2004's studio effort "In Between Evolution," according to the band's official website.

The album is set to arrive in Canadian stores on Oct. 17, while the first single, "In View," will hit Canadian radio in two weeks.

"World Container" was produced by Bob Rock, whose extensive credits include Metallica, Bon Jovi, The Cult, Bryan Adams, Simple Plan and The Tea Party.

More details of the release as well as tour plans are expected in the coming weeks. The Hip has one Canadian tour date on their schedule, at the Ovation Music Festival in Stratford, ON on Sept. 9.

The band road-tested some of the new material during their recent live dates. Some of the new tracks that were performed and which are expected to appear on the disc include "Pretend," "Fly," "The Drop Off," "Ocean" and "The Lonely End Of The Rink."
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

shake

« Reply #63 on: Aug 19, 2006, 10:57 AM »
Excellent news SMG I can't wait.  This one better be good, they're due after their last two!

Gortron

« Reply #64 on: Aug 25, 2006, 12:18 PM »
I'm a hip fanatic.

www.thehip.com
they have a song of the day feature that is pretty awesome.

basically a new live track every day (monday to friday).  check that out.

right now they are playing "in view" though.  the first single off of the new album.  the song is a bit different than typical hip fare.  there is like a xylophone or some shit in there.  but as is the case with most hip songs, after a few listens, the song won't get out of your head.

the song is also being played on their myspace page.

if you want some live vids of the hip you can check out my myspace page at

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=50294536

Vancouver

« Reply #65 on: Aug 25, 2006, 01:12 PM »
SWEET Gortron. Im feelin the song of the day on my first listen. It has an old-school feel to it. Good sign. I can't wait for their new albulm! And now Im officially a Hip.com member so I can get tickets before they go onsale to the general public. whooo!
Thanx again!

Gortron

« Reply #66 on: Aug 26, 2006, 05:52 AM »
Cool, like i said though, after they play that for a few days they will go back to the "live" song of the day.  which is pretty awesome too.

also to the guy or girl that was loving the preview clip for hipeponymous.  i have the full song on myspace if you want to check that out.

J to the R-O-C

• my myspace page
« Reply #67 on: Sep 30, 2006, 12:55 PM »
just won myself a sealed copy of Trouble At The Henhouse on vinyl from ebay.

yes, i rule.

SKUSHY

• TotalDismay
« Reply #68 on: Sep 30, 2006, 04:33 PM »
I went to a Hip concert at the Halifax Forum in 1990 or 1991.  The rink foolishly set the floor up as beer garden style seating, it was great for the opening acts, I shared my chair with a cute girl from work.  When the Hip came on, everyone was up on the tables.  The tables all broke.  I'm pretty agile so I spent most of the time balanced on a chair on top of the high corner of a broken table.

The Hip took no breaks and played hard and maybe just a little faster what they had on their albums.  I don't know if anyone else on here saw them tour that year, Gordie was on a kick of starting his intros with "This is a song about..." and then adlibbing whatever weird shit came to mind. Apparently 'Twist My Arm' is about masturbating with a friend for the first time.

shake

« Reply #69 on: Oct 17, 2006, 12:06 PM »
I just picked up my copy of "World Container".  11.99 at Music World, it was 12.99 at HMV.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #70 on: Oct 17, 2006, 06:38 PM »
I bought mine today at the local Walmart here in Bathurst NB for 1474.  Got to listen to the first couple tracks on the way home.  Sirius had the entire album on before lunch and I caught the last 2 then.  Sounds like another good album.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Vancouver

« Reply #71 on: Oct 18, 2006, 03:47 PM »
I went to AandB yesterday, but they were sold outta the new albulm...so this afternoon after school pick-up I plan on draggin all four of my lil' friends to FutureShop. For an educational trip. Ya know, educational as in who's the wickedest Canadian band to ever hit the airwaves everever.  :D
My bosses are gonna love that...luckily, they're all big fans, so they'll understand if any of these little people happen to mention our "educational outting"  :D

SKUSHY

• TotalDismay
« Reply #72 on: Oct 18, 2006, 03:51 PM »
I went to AandB yesterday, but they were sold outta the new albulm...so this afternoon after school pick-up I plan on draggin all four of my lil' friends to FutureShop. For an educational trip. Ya know, educational as in who's the wickedest Canadian band to ever hit the airwaves everever.  :D
My bosses are gonna love that...luckily, they're all big fans, so they'll understand if any of these little people happen to mention our "educational outting"  :D

Cool, Van...just don't jump into any chalk drawings with dirty street people...and stay away from the rum punch.

Vancouver

« Reply #73 on: Oct 18, 2006, 04:05 PM »
YYYES! SKUSHY, you just made my day buddy! Im sure psychologically, the reason I became a Nanny has alot to do w/ that movie!! We reference it all the time here...hahha. MagicNanny  :D

Cappy

• Location: Blue trailer on the corner........stay off my fackin' lawn!
« Reply #74 on: Oct 19, 2006, 08:35 AM »
So how is the new disc? C'mon Shake, let's go.
You can't just give up on pulling up your pants!