Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: The Tragically Hip  (Read 71630 times)

Slade

Re: The Tragically Hip
« Reply #25 on: Sep 18, 2005, 08:50 PM »
From his Halifax days (I assume he is still there). Last time I saw him was during the New Year's Eve/New Year's party at the Attic when Dead Red played the Attic. I was in Halifax for the two weeks surrounding the Labour Day weekend and did not see him. I have known him since the time we worked together at Sam The Record Man in the Mic Mac Mall, which was about 6 years ago now.
Help Canadian Tire Guy keep his job. Shop at Canadian Tire!

Ole Dirty

« Reply #26 on: Sep 18, 2005, 09:10 PM »
From his Halifax days (I assume he is still there). Last time I saw him was during the New Year's Eve/New Year's party at the Attic when Dead Red played the Attic. I was in Halifax for the two weeks surrounding the Labour Day weekend and did not see him. I have known him since the time we worked together at Sam The Record Man in the Mic Mac Mall, which was about 6 years ago now.

AHHHH, I met him through my friend that I went to college with, Mike Bartlett. They both live over in "Gottagun St" in Hali....
"Your life will never be complete...until you snort a coke line off a $10 000 hooker's ass." ~Grandpa Ole Dirty

"Wearing pants is such a hassle" ~ Ole Dirty

"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Chuck Norris."

Eve

« Reply #27 on: Sep 24, 2005, 01:54 PM »
The Hip are a must-see whenever they come near here.  In high school, a friend and I took a train to Detroit to see them play and it was great. Scary getting to Chene Park, but cool once we got there.

The last 2 times I saw them was on New Year's Eve in Hamilton.  I'm praying that they do it again this year. oh, actually there was also that last Molson Park show in Barrie.

Roadside Attraction, Another Roadside Attraction, Kumbaya Festival, Edenfest...all were great.  There don't seem to be as many big "camping fest" shows around anymore.  Or am I just getting old?  I can't relate to some of these new sounds.

Killer Whale tank is classic!  It's fun to be able to laugh in the middle of a song.  Gord Downie is a rare talent.

Bailey

« Reply #28 on: Sep 24, 2005, 10:59 PM »
The tragically hip are pretty popular here in australia, to tell the truth i always thought they were american, lol.  Please don't lynch me..

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
« Reply #29 on: Sep 25, 2005, 08:06 AM »
The tragically hip are pretty popular here in australia, to tell the truth i always thought they were american, lol.  Please don't lynch me..

That's not even a bit funny [-X
"Jack never even took one step of his own ....yet he traveled so far".

Letter's to my little boy Jack

Bailey

« Reply #30 on: Sep 25, 2005, 08:47 AM »
OK, t'was in bad taste :flush:

Islander

« Reply #31 on: Sep 25, 2005, 09:01 AM »
Please don't lynch me..

I used to think that Aussies were just Brits with tans.  But I have since learned different.  Neighbours has taught me all about Australian society and culture.  I believe it paints a pretty accurate picture.  :D
This post was typed in 3-B.  Three beers and it looks good, eh?

Bailey

« Reply #32 on: Sep 26, 2005, 02:33 AM »
Please don't lynch me..

I used to think that Aussies were just Brits with tans.  But I have since learned different.  Neighbours has taught me all about Australian society and culture.  I believe it paints a pretty accurate picture.  :D

That's not even a bit funny [-X

Don;t have to even typ e anything, except this :shock:

Bailey

« Reply #33 on: Sep 26, 2005, 02:36 AM »
ILOL if aussie society was anything even close to resembling neighbours i'd have necked myself long ago, neighbours is but a poor imitation of what ozzie writer's emulate from american society.  For mofo shame, lmao, you're alright islander, despite what otehrs may have said about you,lol woot!~

Islander

« Reply #34 on: Sep 26, 2005, 12:13 PM »
except this :shock:

Oh come on now.   Canada's second coolest band, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, has a Neighbours credit. 

When Rush makes Neighbours, I'll have my heart attack and die happy.   :D

Bailey

« Reply #35 on: Sep 26, 2005, 12:46 PM »
except this :shock:

Oh come on now.   Canada's second coolest band, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, has a Neighbours credit. 

LMAO i dont even know what that means.  But tell truth i really dont watch any soapies at all, i thought only the english were big on neighbours and home & away.  You get it in canada too?

Islander

« Reply #36 on: Sep 26, 2005, 01:11 PM »
not anymore.   i have to download from a guy in London who tapes off the BBC.

shake

« Reply #37 on: Nov 01, 2005, 06:21 PM »
So today is the day the Hip's Box set is out.  I just picked it up, the best deal I could find is 44.99 at Future Shop, most places it is 55.  Two CD and two DVDs.  I'm going to pop the DVDs in now.

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
« Reply #38 on: Nov 01, 2005, 07:45 PM »
I got an email saying that mine has shipped from Future Shop(Along with Episode 3 and the Special edition of "Office Space"), so I hopefully should get it in a couple of days. Shake you'll have to let us know how the live dvd is:)

shake

« Reply #39 on: Nov 01, 2005, 09:18 PM »
The live stuff is pretty impressive, sounds great and really well done.  I have a couple of bootleg live Hip CDs and, of course, the quality on the DVD is much better which is a treat.  I’ve been flipping around trying to get a sense of what’s on the DVD, there’s a lot of really artsy stuff.  Personally I got a big kick out of seeing the footage of Ottawa in the film macroscopic.  They show the band leaving the Grey Cup game in Ottawa, where they played half time.  They walk out onto a bus and drive down Bank Street, pretty cool.

Canuckguy

« Reply #40 on: Nov 01, 2005, 10:27 PM »
Gords going to be in the movie.  http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=3603.0

Thanks shake I almost forgot to buy that.

shake

« Reply #41 on: Nov 02, 2005, 08:52 AM »
Yeah CG you mentioned that on page 1 of this thread, great news, really looking forward to seeing Gord in it.

Also for Gord fans, he auditioned to play Ken Dryden in the 1972 Summit Series mini-series

http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=1208.0

Shit machine gun

« Reply #42 on: Nov 02, 2005, 09:16 AM »
My Box set should be here today along with Star wars from Future shop.  TPBXmas coming in two weeks.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

c11

« Reply #43 on: Nov 02, 2005, 09:46 AM »
I've been a big fan of the Hip ever since I was oh around 13 or 14 when I got my first hip CD Day for Night.

I just picked up the box set last night, and was listening to the live world premier of the release of it with the hip on the radio and it was a really good 1.5 hr segment, they played some stuff from the box set, there 2 new tracks from it and talked a bit about the live DVD "that night in Toronto"

If you looking to pickup some more albums sine your a recent fan I recommend you put the $50 down and get the box set, it is well worth it. I'm proud to say I placed my vote for what songs to make the box set online a few months back  8)

And there are quite a few American's who do like the hip, you would be surprised, I have a few friends in the states as far as texas and south cali and there big hip fans.

Canuckguy

« Reply #44 on: Nov 02, 2005, 01:15 PM »
Yeah CG you mentioned that on page 1 of this thread, great news, really looking forward to seeing Gord in it.

Also for Gord fans, he auditioned to play Ken Dryden in the 1972 Summit Series mini-series

http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=1208.0

Oh yah I forgot Gord playing a cop was already leaked. :beeer:  Ah well its nice that the person came by and leaked it again just as a reminder heheh

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
« Reply #45 on: Nov 02, 2005, 06:06 PM »
I got an email saying that mine has shipped from Future Shop(Along with Episode 3 and the Special edition of "Office Space"), so I hopefully should get it in a couple of days. Shake you'll have to let us know how the live dvd is:)

Got all my stuff in the post today:) gonna be a late night tonight:)

Shit machine gun

« Reply #46 on: Nov 03, 2005, 08:34 AM »
Fucking still not here yet.  Future shop shit is usually at the door within a day and a half and I ordered on Monday and still not here.  Tracking number says it's in Ottawa.  Fuck I need to see this DVD.

How's the new songs?

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Vancouver

« Reply #47 on: Nov 03, 2005, 03:48 PM »
I think the new Hip boxset is everything I imagined, and then some...I LOVE the new songs, GENIUS!
whats your all-time fav. Hip song?
mines Wheat Kings.
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

shake

« Reply #48 on: Nov 03, 2005, 05:01 PM »
How's the new songs?

I really like the song “The New Maybe”, it’s a very “pretty” song.  I’m not near as keen on “No Threat”.  I don’t always like Hip songs when I first hear them, but I don’t think I’ll ever like that song.  .  I usually at like the lyrics at least, but I can’t make out what Gord is singing.  I couldn’t find the lyrics on the net yet.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #49 on: Nov 04, 2005, 07:21 AM »
Fucking got here just now.  Listening to it.

I HATE Conky