Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: The Tragically Hip  (Read 71410 times)

Djet3k

• My Myspace
Re: The Tragically Hip
« Reply #100 on: Nov 28, 2006, 03:47 PM »
geuss i should post it here

have you been to a hip concert? do you want to watch,listen to it again?

maybe this site can help you!

http://www.hipfans.com/
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

"Just remember when you control the mail you control....information!"

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #101 on: Dec 07, 2006, 10:22 AM »
Downloaded the concert and watched it for the 4th time :) Love it! the best hip experience i ever had thats for sure, its almost like i can feel the heat again from that day by watchin the dvd :)
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

Cappy

• Location: Blue trailer on the corner........stay off my fackin' lawn!
« Reply #102 on: Dec 29, 2006, 11:58 AM »
Fuck!!!

Can you believe I can't get anyone to go see these guys for free? Everyone I know is going or waaaay out of town!!! Anyone wanna go to the hip with me on the 13th?
You can't just give up on pulling up your pants!

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #103 on: Dec 29, 2006, 12:33 PM »
If I lived ANYWHERE near you I'd fuckin buy that ticket off you! Too bad.
Good luck on the search for some one Cappy.
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

Shit machine gun

« Reply #104 on: Dec 29, 2006, 04:43 PM »
You're kidding right?  If you lived anywhere close to modern civilization I'd come out there to see them with you.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #105 on: Jan 10, 2007, 08:50 AM »
Fuck thats retarded, but i know the feeling, id say go on your own cappy! (if its not to late yet) you wont be enjoying the hip any less!

Refuckulator

« Reply #106 on: Jan 10, 2007, 06:25 PM »
Went and bought 'That Night In Toronto" the DVD tonight. I have seen this and loved it so I had to have one of my own. I think I'm going to watch it again tonight!

Vancouver

« Reply #107 on: Jan 10, 2007, 06:32 PM »
Cappy thats facked.
What about your wifee?
You know you still HAVE to go right....scalp the other one. You gotta go dude. Trust me. You GOTTA GO!
3 more days :dancing: You are sooooo lucky!
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

Shit machine gun

« Reply #108 on: Jan 11, 2007, 03:20 PM »
Cappy, if you go, try and see if people are taking cameras in to the show.  I so want to bring mine in but don't want to lose it.  I may go with the disposable in my hand and my digital down my drawers.  That way I can throw out the disp. and they likely wouldn't check for the digi.

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Cappy

« Reply #109 on: Jan 11, 2007, 11:23 PM »
I got someone to go with me from work. The wife hates the hip. I'm gonna sneak in my camera and take some pics. I might have some leeway seeing I work for the city. We'll see.

shake

« Reply #110 on: Jan 11, 2007, 11:30 PM »
The wife hates the hip.

That is grounds for divorce in Canada no questions asked.  Apparently the Pope will even grant an annulment.

Refuckulator

« Reply #111 on: Jan 11, 2007, 11:35 PM »
The wife hates the hip.

That is grounds for divorce in Canada no questions asked.  Apparently the Pope will even grant an annulment.

Amen to that!!! :lol:

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #112 on: Jan 12, 2007, 02:43 AM »
Cappy, if you go, try and see if people are taking cameras in to the show.  I so want to bring mine in but don't want to lose it.  I may go with the disposable in my hand and my digital down my drawers.  That way I can throw out the disp. and they likely wouldn't check for the digi.

Ive noticed latetly that its not anymore illegal or frowned upon with most concerts..

they filmed every european hip concert with 3 cameras i would think youll be able to get yours in.

Looking forward to the pics and vids :)

Cappy

« Reply #113 on: Jan 12, 2007, 09:17 AM »
Irony twist.....the wife has to take tickets for the hip concert.   :lol:

Vancouver

« Reply #114 on: Jan 12, 2007, 09:19 AM »
take tickets where??
Hate is a very strong word!

Shit machine gun

« Reply #115 on: Jan 12, 2007, 01:30 PM »
I called Capitaltickets who do the ticket selling and they said they wouldn't know until the day of the concert.  Bullshit cough cough.

I HATE Conky

Cappy

« Reply #116 on: Jan 12, 2007, 05:32 PM »
Ya the wife, mother in law and I are ticket takers on occasion. She has to do the hip show. Funny twist....the mother in law is taking tickets for Snoop, who she calls Snoopy dog. :rofl: :bigleaf:

Vancouver

« Reply #117 on: Jan 12, 2007, 05:59 PM »
O takes tickets, ya. I see. What a wicked job! Man your family has the best jobs dude.

FFFWAHHH HAAAA SnoopyDogg! I laugh :rofl: :bigleaf: 

Cappy

« Reply #118 on: Jan 14, 2007, 12:29 AM »
Man that sucked. The show was ok, BUT.......

the Hip has rules....

2 door access only....didn't get in till the opening act was well off the stage.

Everyone was patted down head to toe.

Bar closed when show started. I got 1 beer. I was about 4th in line when they closed the cage.

Only the first 3 rows were allowed to stand up and dance freely.

Oh and it was over by 10:15.

Enjoyed the music but the whole event really drained the fun oout of it.

Initially I thought it was the facilities rules but was informed the these were the Hip's rules. I wish I was runk as fuck.

:|

shake

« Reply #119 on: Jan 18, 2007, 09:18 AM »
I never had to go through any of that before at a Hip concert Cappy.

Article here

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/T/Tragically_Hip/2007/01/18/3400213.html

The Hip's Downie driven to perform
By DAVID SCHMEICHEL -- Winnipeg Sun

It can't be easy, being the Tragically Hip.
Think about it -- you're one of the biggest bands in Canada but barely make a dent in the American market, your back catalogue has been keeping cover bands in business for decades, and fans can just as easily switch on the radio as buy one of your CDs whenever they're in the mood to hear your music.
Of course, the glass-half-full way of looking at things is that you've also served as the soundtrack for countless real-life coming-of-age stories over the years, fans can recite the lyrics to your songs better than their own national anthem and in the pantheon of patriotic, proudly Canadian music-makers, well, you rank right up there.
But that's just our opinion.
"I don't worry too much about what we should or shouldn't be," Hip frontman Gord Downie told the Sun recently. "I remember reading something recently about Chris Murphy from Sloan ... saying he wanted his record to be a polarizing thing and that he wanted Sloan fans to fistfight over his record.
"He wasn't being literal, but you get the inference. He wants -- well, I don't know what he wants, but I thought to myself, at the risk of sounding immodest, that we already have that and we've had that for a long time.
"People, it's almost the second thing (they ask) when they meet someone from somewhere else in Canada, especially abroad -- 'Where are you from, and are you into the Hip?' And the answer will either be resolutely yes, or resolutely no."
That relationship between the Hip's music and their listeners has helped cement the band's status as one of the most influential and ubiquitous in the country, as well as allowed it to be judged on its merits and nothing else.
"It's not because of our sparkling personalities or because we're intrinsically Canadian," Downie says. "It's about the tunes."
For instance, he says,"My 11-year-old daughter just listened to that new Killers track, like, 44 times in a row. That's no different than what I do and what I've always done when I get something I like.
"You play it over and over and over again. You almost think, 'Well, this is indulgent, I can't possibly play this again, can I? No I am. I'm going to play it again, because it's the only thing I want to hear.' That's about all I could ask for."
Of course, Downie has had more than music on his mind since the Hip (Rob Baker, Johnny Fay, Paul Langlois and Gord Sinclair round out the roster) released their latest album, the Bob Rock-produced World Container. In addition to his solo work and poetry, he's also been working as a trustee for the Lake Ontario Waterkeepers, a group that advocates on behalf of residents of smaller waterfront communities that have been affected by industrial pollution.
And while that may sound like hard work, it's gotta be easier than the Hip's now-legendary live shows, which tend to find a seemingly-manic Downie delivering one his trademark enigmatic rants.
"I generally stagger off the stage," says Downie of the toll taken by his performance antics. "But if I'm staggering from some kind of moment of transcendence, where I feel like I've just been taken somewhere, then I don't mind. Generally, I can't escape it. I've tried different ways but I can't escape the punishment. The blues have to hurt, I guess."
See how badly Downie gets hurt when the Hip return to MTS Centre on Saturday night with opening act The Sadies.
Tickets are $39.50, $55.50 and $69.50 at Ticketmaster (www.ticketmaster.ca or 780-3333).

Shit machine gun

« Reply #120 on: Jan 18, 2007, 09:22 AM »
2 weeks from Tomorrow.  I've resigned the fact that I'm not bringing a digital camera.  Will buy a couple disposables.  They should let me bring those in.  Can't record anything. 

:punkrock:  :rockband: :tunes: :headbang:

I HATE Conky

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #121 on: Jan 18, 2007, 10:12 AM »
dam smg you'll have to be in the first line then to get something decent out of disposable..

there hasn't been a concert ive been to last year that still made trouble about a digi cam even though all the tickets had a warning on the back that they're not allowed.ofc i dont know if the mentality about it is adjusted in Canada , from Cappys post id understand indeed why you feel reluctant to bring one. Ive never been to a concert with rules like that!

maybe the hip fan site will bring out a dvd off it too

Shit machine gun

« Reply #122 on: Jan 18, 2007, 10:23 AM »
Row 2 baby.  Floor.

I HATE Conky

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #123 on: Jan 18, 2007, 10:32 AM »
haha friggin sweet!

Cappy

« Reply #124 on: Jan 18, 2007, 03:57 PM »
We were allowef to bring in cameras SMG. There were tons of people that had them and security never took them away. I think half the problem with that day was I worked the day shift and was kinda tired. I should have took the day off and got drunk as fuck. I've talked to tons of people that went and had a great time. The concert was awesome. The other BS pissed me off. Have a good time man, sweet seats!