Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Reno 911  (Read 12209 times)

Cheeseburger Walrus

Re: Reno 911
« Reply #25 on: Jun 06, 2007, 10:06 PM »
Trudy and Reinesha are the funniest characters in Reno : 911!
Peanut Butter and Jayuuum!

This is good tape

kuza

• My guild site for World of warcraft.
« Reply #26 on: Jun 08, 2007, 12:16 AM »
I like this show a lot. Been watching them on that TV site. Just getting into the 3rd season now. I'm going to buy this collection for sure now.
"That's what friends do, they give you fun and stress, otherwise everyone would be Mr fucking Rogers, giving reach arounds to neighbors all day with not a care in the world." -kuza
Yes, play WoW www.divinerightguild.com

incubaked

« Reply #27 on: Jun 24, 2007, 08:01 AM »
it would be cool if some reno characters could appear in TPB or if some TPB guys could have a guest appearance on Reno 911.  It seems like it'd be a nice fit.
Every kid goes through phrases.

SuzieQ

• Fabulous SuzieQ
« Reply #28 on: Jun 25, 2007, 09:22 AM »
I got out of the habit of watching Reno.  However, I just finished watching everything available at TV Links.  My God, Trudy on her way to the hospital was the best thing I've ever seen.  Holy smokes. 

Cheeseburger Walrus

« Reply #29 on: Jun 25, 2007, 01:55 PM »
I got out of the habit of watching Reno.  However, I just finished watching everything available at TV Links.  My God, Trudy on her way to the hospital was the best thing I've ever seen.  Holy smokes. 

When she is having the baby? Who do you think the dad is? It's probably Dangle or probably Jones
Peanut Butter and Jayuuum!

This is good tape

SuzieQ

• Fabulous SuzieQ
« Reply #30 on: Jun 25, 2007, 08:26 PM »
Exactly, from when they were in the house with the dead SARs guy!  Oh, Trudy is so slutacious (my new word from Flavor of Love Girls:  Charm School).

Phil Collins

« Reply #31 on: Jul 24, 2007, 08:40 AM »
Exactly, from when they were in the house with the dead SARs guy!  Oh, Trudy is so slutacious (my new word from Flavor of Love Girls:  Charm School).

Trudy said the father was a donor from a sperm bank, a particular establishment that all of the men in the department seemed to have some inside info aboot  :lol:
Keep your eye on the tiger.

Phil Collins

« Reply #32 on: Jul 24, 2007, 08:45 AM »
I like him and the guy they are constantly having problems with at the whore house...don't know his name?!? He wears glasses and talks about his "juices." :shock:

Rebecca

In a recent episode Dangle and Junior were dragging him away and Dangle says to him "I voted for you Senator"  :roll: :lol: :lol:

(just finished watching season 4 last night)
Keep your eye on the tiger.

fletcherrhoden

• Fletcher Rhoden
« Reply #33 on: Aug 19, 2012, 03:01 PM »
Reno and TPB are very comparable in a lot of obvious and subtle ways.  Both are COPS parodies, both mockumentaries, both dark in tone with dubious lead characters.  But Ricky, Julian and Bubbles are criminals, so when they misbehave we don't mind (not only do we like it, we demand it).  Seeing cops behave in this kind of anti-social manner (which they do on Reno 911) isn't as amusing -- it's even a little disturbing.  The main thing about TPB and Reno is this -- the characters on TPB genuinely have affection for each other (they got that plutonium love sh*t happening) but the characters on Reno seem to despise each other.  That makes us like them a lot less too, and it makes the show a lot less satisfying.  This is exactly the kind of thing my book is about -- Reno and Earl and these other shows pop up throughout.

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #34 on: Aug 20, 2012, 12:05 AM »
  Both Dangle and Randy have this exhibitionist streak - Dangle with the short shorts and Randy with no shirts and the threat of going pantsless - that seems to signify them as gay. Plus it's hilariously inappropriate for someone whose supposed to be something of an authority figure.
« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2012, 03:30 AM by moncton velvet smooth »
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then

fletcherrhoden

• Fletcher Rhoden
« Reply #35 on: Aug 20, 2012, 02:43 AM »
Excellent point -- Lahey and Dangle have many similarities, as so Randy and the other Reno troop.