Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Reno 911  (Read 11998 times)

Djet3k

• My Myspace
Reno 911
« on: Jun 16, 2005, 05:11 AM »
Hey

imo the only show that can be compared a bit to tpb, cause they also have al kinds of greassy bastards :)

just wanted to say that s3 started tuesday and it was great as ever :) very good season opener and cant get enough of jones dancing in the intro :) hilarious!

anyhow, any of you peeps watch it ?
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

"Just remember when you control the mail you control....information!"

The Super

Reno 911
« Reply #1 on: Jun 16, 2005, 05:30 AM »
Yea I got the same feel when I first started watchin. Some similaritys in the camera style and outragousness. I enjoy reno 911 but it has nuthin on TPB's.

cat-dog

Reno 911
« Reply #2 on: Jun 16, 2005, 06:59 AM »
I tried watching Reno 911 a few times.. but found myself growing bored quickly. The few thanksgiving tv ads they had running that I caught looked even worse.. very obvious reading line-for-line off a giant cue card off camera.. yikes

I guess the show never sat well with me, it always just seemed too much like an actual (sitcom) tv show, rather than the mockumentary-style TPB has employed.

My 2 cents.. I know others love the show.. but I just can't seem to find a place in my heart to make room for this cheeze :)
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

CartThief

Reno 911
« Reply #3 on: Jun 16, 2005, 08:00 AM »
I'm with CD on this one... I didn't mind a few episodes but then it just got to be a little boring.  Some clips are pretty funny, but in general I think the show is lacking...
"Once a Trailer Park Boy, Always a Trailer Park Boy..."

TheSamsquantch

Reno 911
« Reply #4 on: Jun 18, 2005, 04:36 AM »
I always thought the show was great. And some of the stuff they get  up to had me nearly falling out of my chair laughing, like where Jones and Garcia bet the kid he couldn't jump his bicycle over the gap between the rooftops. The ramp broke, the kid fell between the buildings and Jones & Garcia ran away! LOL

Or where they seized the ice cream truck full of fireworks and accidently set them all on fire while still in the truck ... LMAO

I need to see Season 3 as I haven't seen any of the new episodes yet.
"Hello, my name is Hampton, and this is my daughter Tanya. May we have a moment of you time, to have a word with you about the Lord ... and this everlasting gift of love we have to offer for only $59.99?"

southernbelle

Reno 911
« Reply #5 on: Jun 18, 2005, 08:30 AM »
Reno 911 is okay, and I might catch it if I have absolutely nothing else to do. The one thing I do like on the show are the cameo appearances by comedians as the criminals (Nick Swardson on rollerskates :lol:). But, it is much more likely I would plug in a old episode of Trailer Park Boys. It's not even on the same playing field as TPB!

Rebecca
"The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face."--Deep Thoughts

Djet3k

• My Myspace
Reno 911
« Reply #6 on: Jun 18, 2005, 10:52 AM »
Quote from: southernbelle
Reno 911 is okay, and I might catch it if I have absolutely nothing else to do. The one thing I do like on the show are the cameo appearances by comedians as the criminals (Nick Swardson on rollerskates :lol:). But, it is much more likely I would plug in a old episode of Trailer Park Boys. It's not even on the same playing field as TPB!

Rebecca

The Doped up gay rollerscater is a comedian??? hes one of my fav criminals in reno 911

"i was just handing out oranges"
"Ninjas are comming to sell weed"
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

southernbelle

Reno 911
« Reply #7 on: Jun 18, 2005, 11:51 AM »
Quote from: Djet3k

Rebecca

The Doped up gay rollerscater is a comedian??? hes one of my fav criminals in reno 911

Yeah, Nick Swardson is a comedian...very, very funny guy. He has a special on Comedy Central Presents. Check it out. I like him and the guy they are constantly having problems with at the whore house...don't know his name?!? He wears glasses and talks about his "juices." :shock:

Rebecca
"The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face."--Deep Thoughts

Djet3k

• My Myspace
Reno 911
« Reply #8 on: Jun 22, 2005, 07:43 AM »
Quote from: Djet3k

Rebecca

Yeah, Nick Swardson is a comedian...very, very funny guy. He has a special on Comedy Central Presents. Check it out. I like him and the guy they are constantly having problems with at the whore house...don't know his name?!? He wears glasses and talks about his "juices." :shock:

Rebecca

Yeah the one they hit with the nutcracker :)

"Dont Judge me , You dont Know me You dont know me!"

his first appearnce with the dildo on his head :) had me laughing out loud till it hurt :)

also when he has  a sowing class was a classic bit

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
Re: Reno 911
« Reply #9 on: Jul 09, 2006, 10:21 AM »
Bump this thread since the new season starts tonight  :P

I saw this show for the first time yesterday afternoon when Comedy Central had a mini-marathon. All I can say is I will definitely check it out again. Hilarious  :lol: The male cop in the short shorts is :rofl: funny.

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #10 on: Jul 09, 2006, 10:44 AM »
yaay soo looking forward to it! jones and junior are defenetly one of my fav characters too and ofc lots of the recurring perves like terry last found giving handjobs at tacos tacos tacos, or paul who was just messing with them every time cause he simply was out of a job, the naked cocaine addict, big mike ... so many classic characters :) sure am looking forward to the movie! and new season
« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2006, 10:47 AM by Djet3k »

sohcahtoa

« Reply #11 on: Jul 09, 2006, 01:31 PM »
I havnt watched much of it because it doesnt play on any of the channels I get, but from what I've seen of the show it's freakin' hilarious.
"Just cus' her dad's a bit of a fuckup, pardon my language in front of all these kids."

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #12 on: Jul 15, 2006, 09:23 AM »
from last weeks ep

http://72.22.83.176/eps/TGLIVE-2006-07-13.wmv

youtube has allot of classic reno 911 skits

Vancouver

« Reply #13 on: Jul 15, 2006, 11:22 AM »
Thats a TomGreen live link...I love Reno911. I also think its the only show that could ever compare to TPB.
whats the you tube link? I haven't seen it in too long. It hardly ever plays here.
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #14 on: Jul 15, 2006, 12:07 PM »
Thats a TomGreen live link...I love Reno911. I also think its the only show that could ever compare to TPB.
whats the you tube link? I haven't seen it in too long. It hardly ever plays here.

OOps thnx for the heads up that was my previous copy paste obviously anyhowz here's the clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRGwmNdyDb8&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emyspace%2Ecom%2F

Huntsville_Bubbles

• Huntsville_Bubbles' MySpace site
« Reply #15 on: Jul 25, 2006, 09:11 AM »
JONESY: "D.T.A.M.F.S..........DON'T TAKE ANOTHER MOTHER FUCKING STEP!!"

LOL! That was my favorite line which Jones said on some idiotic neighbours who were dressed as K.K.K freaks burning a cross.. or rather a "T for Truth"  :lol:

I have the first, second and third seasons of RENO 911 on DVD.. and I absolutely LOVE them!
-VIDEOS-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZr5GK0ndMg

"I am the ONLY real Bubbles impersonator, lalala, I'm a stupid idiot! lalala"

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
« Reply #16 on: Sep 30, 2006, 07:00 PM »
I was looking at the IMDB site earlier for any sign of a release of the TPB in the United States. But found nothing  :(

But I did come across a Reno 911! :Miami  :lol:  Movie tentatively scheduled for a Feb release  :P

Reno 911!: Miami
Director: Ben Garant
Stars: Thomas Lennon, Ben Garant, Kerri Kenney (Full Cast)
Studio: Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation

The Plot: The Washoe County Sheriff's Department of Reno, Nevada is summoned to Miami Beach after a terrorist plot disrupts the city's national police convention.

THE BUZZ: We have so many questions ... Exactly when did Twentieth Century Fox decide to push the limits of the R-rated comedy? First they encouraged Borat to stir up Presidential-level controversy, and now they have let Reno's finest show what they have to censor out of their Comedy Central program? But shouldn't the studio have demanded this be ready last fall to cheer us up after the serious crime that was Miami Vice? All I know is this: As the credits rolled on Crockett and Tubbs, I needed some Jim Dangle short-shorts and Deputy Raineesha up in my face.

Huntsville_Bubbles

• Huntsville_Bubbles' MySpace site
« Reply #17 on: Sep 30, 2006, 09:27 PM »
SouthernBelle posted an interesting post.. yes.. Nick Swardson is a stand up comedian.. I recognized him almost IMMEDIATELY in the movie CLICK with Adam Sandler and Christopher Walken.. Swardson was the furniture store salesman.. and he plays the role exactly like he does the gay rollerskater guy on Reno 911!  :lol:

Next time you see, rent or watch CLICK, take a look and see! A bit of trivia for the fellow Reno 911 and Trailer Park Boys fans!  ;)
-VIDEOS-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZr5GK0ndMg

"I am the ONLY real Bubbles impersonator, lalala, I'm a stupid idiot! lalala"

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #18 on: Jan 25, 2007, 04:48 AM »
The whole cast got a myspace account, & theres a contest going to joing the cast too for a geusstappearence..

Jim & Terrys Myspace are the gayest thing ive ever seen

http://www.myspace.com/renosheriffsdept

K-ROC

• Chc-Chc-Chc-Check It Out
« Reply #19 on: Feb 28, 2007, 05:47 PM »
Did anyone else see the movie? I thought it was good but not nearly as good as the actual show. 
I'm surprised they even made a movie, I didn't think the show was that popular yet. 
...The Orgster Formerly Known as Blonde_Riot...

Madd love goin' out to the Conkster...no one could convince me to hate you <3 <3 <3

Vancouver

« Reply #20 on: Feb 28, 2007, 05:57 PM »
I can't wait to see the movie this weekend.
I can not get enough of this show. In Canada its uncensored, and WAYYY funnier with the swears :D
TPB Fantasy Hockey League CHAMPION!!

SuzieQ

• Fabulous SuzieQ
« Reply #21 on: Mar 01, 2007, 03:15 PM »
Terry is my FAVORITE!  I wish he appeared more often.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #22 on: Mar 01, 2007, 03:23 PM »
Dangle, Junior and the 2 ladies were on Tyra Banks today.  They were pretty funny. 
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Mitch Lahey

• NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
« Reply #23 on: Apr 18, 2007, 09:27 PM »
After readin some on this thread that I couldnt find earlier and givin' it a bit more sober thought Ive changed my mind..

I respect the fact that the TPB crew are selective about who they let on the show.

As you guys know its a completely different kinda show than anything else, totally in its own category.

Reno 911 lacks ALOT of the substance and depth that TPB has while both shows do have alot of things in common when it comes to the crazy stuff and they're both funny as fuck.

Would be cool to maybe see a small cameo in there somewhere tho;

<back to watchin' Reno Miami> :)
« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2007, 09:40 PM by Mitch Lehey »
-Mitch Dolphin (I work for Cyrus now)

"Hey everybody, there's a shitcloud comin'! Run for your lives!" -Randy Quaid in Kingpin

Mitch Lahey

• NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
« Reply #24 on: Apr 18, 2007, 09:49 PM »
btw my fav. Reno character is Frisbee! :P
-Mitch Dolphin (I work for Cyrus now)

"Hey everybody, there's a shitcloud comin'! Run for your lives!" -Randy Quaid in Kingpin