Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Official Season 5, Episode Nine Thread  (Read 39844 times)

hunnerbun

Official Season 5, Episode Nine Thread
« Reply #75 on: Jun 13, 2005, 07:50 AM »
Great show over all...
I loved the burdocks scene... Hubby didn't know what they were, there is nothing up here like that.  I was trying to explain those little round sticky velcro fuckers to him!!!
I know where that impound lot is too...I had to go "rescue" my car from there one night!  It's behind Ace towing down the south end, near the grain silos, where Terry and Dennis live.
The mass exodus of the park, too funny....Bubs asking where the fuck everyone was going and Ricky saying casually about the liquor store being open until 10.
Next week should be HUGE... I loved the look on Cyrus' face at the gates of the jail when the gate opened.
My God...what a drunk horror show!

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #76 on: Jun 13, 2005, 08:19 AM »
decent ep

I am the liquor..

One Of the coolest tpb episode endings ever imo

What could be worse then calling the cops?
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

"Just remember when you control the mail you control....information!"

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #77 on: Jun 13, 2005, 08:27 AM »
Quote from: Randy's Gut
Why is he so afraid of burrs?

what are burrs?
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

CartThief

« Reply #78 on: Jun 13, 2005, 08:54 AM »
Those things that get stuck to you when your walking in fields or wooded areas....Little prickly balls that cling to anything...
"Once a Trailer Park Boy, Always a Trailer Park Boy..."

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #79 on: Jun 13, 2005, 09:13 AM »
Quote from: CartThief
Those things that get stuck to you when your walking in fields or wooded areas....Little prickly balls that cling to anything...

ow yeah what i tought it was..

thnx anyway

messy stuff deffently when it gets in your hair

Shit machine gun

« Reply #80 on: Jun 13, 2005, 09:20 AM »
Or in your kitty's fur.  That had bubbles pissed back in second season I think.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Randy's Gut

« Reply #81 on: Jun 13, 2005, 11:06 AM »
Quote from: unspoken
Just watched it again and noticed something interesting.  If this has been made note of already I must have missed it.

Ever noticed how sometimes they will frame a shot with Randy's gut?  Watch the scene on Lucy's front porch.  It seems to me they were trying the same technique with Lucy's new boobs.  It may be accidental, but just a thought.

I noticed that too. My guess is that it was intentional too. Maybe reminding everyone what's at stake in the drugs getting sold in the end?

Drunk Bastard

« Reply #82 on: Jun 13, 2005, 11:35 AM »
Just seen the episode!

Here is SERUS... And Dennis and Therrie!!!!

sexy black t-shirt

« Reply #83 on: Jun 13, 2005, 11:43 AM »
Quote from: unspoken
Just watched it again and noticed something interesting.  If this has been made note of already I must have missed it.

Ever noticed how sometimes they will frame a shot with Randy's gut?  Watch the scene on Lucy's front porch.  It seems to me they were trying the same technique with Lucy's new boobs.  It may be accidental, but just a thought.

Yeah UNSPOKEN I noticed that as well ..I was thinking the same thing when I saw that shot with the boobs...pretty funny if that was done on purpose!!

:wink:
I don't want to be known as the guy that just walks up and slaps badunkadunks.  ~Bubbles

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
« Reply #84 on: Jun 13, 2005, 11:46 AM »
Quote from: Drunk Bastard

:?:
"Jack never even took one step of his own ....yet he traveled so far".

Letter's to my little boy Jack

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #85 on: Jun 13, 2005, 11:52 AM »
Quote from: shake
Ha ha, Melba everythings the Shining with you isn't it, before it was the DRVS girl looking like Shelly Duvall, now it's Lahey looking like Jack.  (Only kidding I am a big fan of that movie myself :))

Ok, I may be a little obsessed! I'll say the DRVS girl looks like Shelly Duvall from Popeye or Roxanne insead (also enjoyable movies!!). Seriously, maybe Sunnyvale is like the Overlook for Lahey, there is something inherent that is driving him insane. Sorry about all the Shining analogies but sometimes they fit!
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

bigbenjamin

« Reply #86 on: Jun 13, 2005, 11:56 AM »
Quote from: Ghostdog

C'mon G.D., that's clearly TPB spellin, and one outa three ain't bad. Speakin of spellin, eppy nine and the whole season rests on the way they handle #10, the season capper - very scary! Either spells brilliant end to a stellar season OR - stink-o-matic letdown. Have not consulted KARNAC, but I am bettin it spells BANG goes the dynamite!!!

ooooooh cheers!

sexy black t-shirt

« Reply #87 on: Jun 13, 2005, 12:01 PM »
Quote from: melba the disco queen
Ha ha, Melba everythings the Shining with you isn't it, before it was the DRVS girl looking like Shelly Duvall, now it's Lahey looking like Jack.  (Only kidding I am a big fan of that movie myself :))

Ok, I may be a little obsessed! I'll say the DRVS girl looks like Shelly Duvall from Popeye or Roxanne insead (also enjoyable movies!!). Seriously, maybe Sunnyvale is like the Overlook for Lahey, there is something inherent that is driving him insane. Sorry about all the Shining analogies but sometimes they fit!

hahah Melba!....All work and no play(booze) makes Layhey a dull boy.
I don't want to be known as the guy that just walks up and slaps badunkadunks.  ~Bubbles

CartThief

« Reply #88 on: Jun 13, 2005, 12:02 PM »
Quote from: melba the disco queen

Picture Cyrus saying:

"I'm not gonna hurtcha...I'm just gonna bash your brains in!!"

"Heeeeeere's Cyrus!!"

"All jail and no hash makes Cyrus a dull boy..."

The Shining...Sunnyvale style...

:)
"Once a Trailer Park Boy, Always a Trailer Park Boy..."

bigbenjamin

« Reply #89 on: Jun 13, 2005, 02:07 PM »
It is fun to try to dream up parallel plotlines between this season (or the entire 5 seasons) and other films and stories. And yes, I can see a pinch of Jack Nicholson's "The Shining" character in John Dunsworth's  James Lahey, but the similarities are really slender to none when it comes to plotline. The shining is about a little boy (the son) who is telepathic, and a father who is a failed, wannabe writer who hopes to write his opus in the isolation of a huge, haunted and snow-bound hotel.

I really can't think of any other story that serves as a template for TPB, season five . . "The Maltese Falcon" is closer than The Shining . . at least there is the ripped off and fought over Falcon = hash driveway.

MC and the Boys have cooked up a pretty original plotline this season. Can anybody think of another story that it truly resembles? I can't.

unique cheers!

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #90 on: Jun 13, 2005, 02:18 PM »
Quote from: Djet3k
Quote from: Randy's Gut
Why is he so afraid of burrs?

what are burrs?

The inventor of Velcro was inspired by Burrs!
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

RockJ

« Reply #91 on: Jun 13, 2005, 02:20 PM »
There was alot to chew on in this episode.  My favorite part was Ricky in court.  As a probation officer, you have no idea of how many "Rickys" I've seen take the witness stand.
Damn it sucks not being able to see the episodes first hand again!!!

Shit machine gun

« Reply #92 on: Jun 13, 2005, 02:25 PM »
Quote from: bigbenjamin
It is fun to try to dream up parallel plotlines between this season (or the entire 5 seasons) and other films and stories. And yes, I can see a pinch of Jack Nicholson's "The Shining" character in John Dunsworth's  James Lahey, but the similarities are really slender to none when it comes to plotline. The shining is about a little boy (the son) who is telepathic, and a father who is a failed, wannabe writer who hopes to write his opus in the isolation of a huge, haunted and snow-bound hotel.

Well let's think about this.  Failed wannabe writer-failed wannabe cop.  Telepathic son-Pathetic Cheeseburger eating manboy.  Huge haunted isolated hotel-small isloated haunted by criminals trailer park.

Not real familiar with the Shining, haven't seen it in a long time.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Drunk Bastard

« Reply #93 on: Jun 13, 2005, 02:34 PM »
Quote from: Ghostdog

I am sorry,

I actually have to concentrate when I write in english.  And this morning I began the awful pregnancy sickness.  (I thought it started next month.  But I guess I am early again.)

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #94 on: Jun 13, 2005, 03:11 PM »
Quote from: bigbenjamin

I really can't think of any other story that serves as a template for TPB, season five . . "The Maltese Falcon" is closer than The Shining . . at least there is the ripped off and fought over Falcon = hash driveway.

MC and the Boys have cooked up a pretty original plotline this season. Can anybody think of another story that it truly resembles? I can't.

unique cheers!

I agree that the plot is not similar to the Shining at all, just for a moment Lahey's facial expression reminded me of Jack.
Excellend observation BB! I can see the similarity of the Maltese Falcon with the situation of the hash driveway. Will the boys be as out of luck at the end of the season as some of the characters at the end of the movie/book of Maltese Falcon (don't want to spoil the end for anyone who may be curious enough to see/read it)? My guess is yes.
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

2StonedBirds

« Reply #95 on: Jun 13, 2005, 03:22 PM »
I don't know if it means anything, but Layhe did something odd early on in the episode, I didn't really catch it until I watched it a second time; but, he pours two shots and drinks them both, and he say's, "one for me, and one for you" Split personality maybe? The normal, drunk, failure Layhe and the new, super-drunk, possibly successful Layhe. I dunno, like I said it might not mean anything, but we so like to psycho-analyse our favourite TBP characters, don't we? :P

2SB

-Don't let me piss myself!!- `Ricky`

JRock71

• JRock's MySpace
« Reply #96 on: Jun 13, 2005, 03:27 PM »
Omg, What an awesome episode, tottally loved the scene while Lahey filled his car for liquor. $100 for Groceries, $1400 for liquor and the rest to bail Cyrus, Terry and Dennis.

OMG, All Hell is gonna break loose next week! Hang on tight folks
Go Oilers Go!!! Oilers all the way baby!

Chantal

« Reply #97 on: Jun 13, 2005, 03:30 PM »
Quote from: 2StonedBirds
I don't know if it means anything, but Layhe did something odd early on in the episode, I didn't really catch it until I watched it a second time; but, he pours two shots and drinks them both, and he say's, "one for me, and one for you" Split personality maybe? The normal, drunk, failure Layhe and the new, super-drunk, possibly successful Layhe. I dunno, like I said it might not mean anything, but we so like to psycho-analyse our favourite TBP characters, don't we? :P

2SB

Hm... I noticed that to, but didn't think much of it. Mr Lahey's just crazy.

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #98 on: Jun 13, 2005, 03:31 PM »
I loved when lahey fell down the stairs. HAHA
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

Big_Mac

« Reply #99 on: Jun 13, 2005, 04:09 PM »
'so i started to jog to the jail and my heart stopped' lol

ricky looked so funny in the helemt and he got stuck, LOL

ricky giving cory and trevor a high five

trevor 'you know about the hash driveway'

lahey fallign down the stairs

and to cap it of, cyrus look at the end of the esp.

CANT WAIT