Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Official Season 5, Episode Nine Thread  (Read 39856 times)

bigbenjamin

Official Season 5, Episode Nine Thread
« Reply #125 on: Jun 16, 2005, 01:25 AM »
Quote from: melba the disco queen
Quote from: bigbenjamin
MC and the Boys have cooked up a pretty original plotline this season. Can anybody think of another story that it truly resembles? I can't.

unique cheers!

BB, I finally thought of a plot line this season resembles, The Purloined Letter by Edgar Allan Poe. In Poe's story the character 'D' steals an important letter which was best kept from him; D uses this letter for personal political gain. To make a long story short (or less long), D's living quarters are turned upside-down by the police looking for this letter, without any luck. The narrator of the story figures out where the letter has been 'hidden': right out in the open with D's other letters. I know it's not an exact match for season 5, but it is kinda close.

Yes Melba, The Clue in Plain Sight is a gimmick  made famous by Edgar Allan Poe in The Purloined Letter. Poe's detective, Auguste Dupin, learns of a blackmailer who has stolen a letter that gives him leverage over an "exalted personage." The prefect of police searched the residence of the blackmailer from top to bottom but could not find the incriminating letter. Dupin carefully evaluated the intelligence of the criminal and deduced that the letter was hidden in the open -- albeit in another envelope with a different seal.

Not bad, but perhaps neither of our parallel examples (mine was "The Maltese Falcon") is sufficiently similar to TPB season 5's plotline to win any big prizes. There must be something closer . . .

still thinking cheers :D

Freedumb35

« Reply #126 on: Jun 16, 2005, 12:50 PM »
I can't bring myself to read the spoiler but is there any chance that Lahey and Randy get busted for the hash driveway since they had eviction papers for Ray? It would be nice to see Ricky and Julian stay out of jail and get to drink their bottles when/if he gets his trailer back.

Even though we drove over 12 hours home from Bonnaroo on Monday we could not wait to download this episode. We laughed so hard and it took a long time to get through it because we kept rewinding all of those classic scenes.

Can't wait for #10!!

Paddy

« Reply #127 on: Jun 16, 2005, 01:17 PM »
Got to watch the episode today and man was I delighted. What a great episode, certainly ranks among the very bests. I've watched it 4 times already and will be watching it again later.

Leahy's "I am the liquor" was priceless. He is too :lol:

Can't wait til next week. You guys are so lucky you get to watch on Sunday. I have to wait a few days. I hate you all......Only kidding :lol:  :lol:

Actually waiting is not a problem when you know what you have to look forward to :)

Roll on next week!

Milk

« Reply #128 on: Jun 16, 2005, 03:11 PM »
About Julian doing more extreme and irrational things: Lahey did say the higher the price on the mobile home goes, the more he's willing to do to get it back... guess he's got Julian figured out..

-Milk

SWISH

« Reply #129 on: Jun 16, 2005, 05:08 PM »
Quote from: Freedumb35
is there any chance that Lahey and Randy get busted for the hash driveway since they had eviction papers for Ray? It would be nice to see Ricky and Julian stay out of jail and get to drink their bottles when/if he gets his trailer back

Never thought of that scenario! That would be awesome...the boys just have to stay outta jail this time :lol:
MR. LAHEY I GOT SOAP IN MY EYES!

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
« Reply #130 on: Jun 16, 2005, 06:37 PM »
The episode is being rerun in about an hour and 20 minutes:)
"Jack never even took one step of his own ....yet he traveled so far".

Letter's to my little boy Jack

RockJ

« Reply #131 on: Jun 16, 2005, 07:13 PM »
Make that 47 minutes from now.  My DVR cut off just before Cyrus terry and the other flappy brother got out of jail,  will have to manually record ths one.
Damn it sucks not being able to see the episodes first hand again!!!

doublewide

« Reply #132 on: Jun 16, 2005, 07:42 PM »
Quote from: Randy's Gut
WHAT was Julian THINKING giving Lahey all that $$$?!  A major lapse for our mastermind there. If not for that, Cyrus and the brothers would be safely locked away and the worst Lahey could do is get George Green to look at the driveway, which as we all know would probably backfire on him!  

and he wouldn't be able to afford to get blisteringly, mind-numbingly drunk, only staggering drunk.

All in all, I think we're looking at a shiticane of Julian's making!

I don't think Jules is thinking all that clearly when it comes to the trailer. Remember, he was willing to leave Ray in jail just to get the trailer back, and he had to know that it was going to fuck things up between him and Ricky.

The trailer to Julian is like a fix to a junkie. Nothing else matters. "Yeah, that's greasy".
Pepperoni. It's not just for breakfast anymore.

bigbenjamin

« Reply #133 on: Jun 16, 2005, 08:00 PM »
I can't bring myself to read the spoiler but . .

Can't wait for #10!!

I NEVER read spoilers - which is kinda bad, because I should probably try to make sure every post is being made inside the posting rules . . BUT it would really spoil the story for me if I knew what was gonna happen next - so just a reminder - keep those nasty fackin spoilers inside a spoiler thread . . oooh, i think eppy 9 is about to be rebroadcast on Shitcase . .

later cheers :D !

urungus

« Reply #134 on: Jun 17, 2005, 08:48 AM »
Quote from: SWISH
is there any chance that Lahey and Randy get busted for the hash driveway since they had eviction papers for Ray? It would be nice to see Ricky and Julian stay out of jail and get to drink their bottles when/if he gets his trailer back

Never thought of that scenario! That would be awesome...the boys just have to stay outta jail this time :lol:

Also Lahey has giant piles of cash (though he's spending most of it), which would look suspicious to "the man".

Paddy

« Reply #135 on: Jun 17, 2005, 10:12 AM »
I think anyone who post spoilers anywhere other than a spoiler thread should be shot.

Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh, perhaps not :lol:

RangerF150

« Reply #136 on: Jun 17, 2005, 10:14 AM »
I did'nt see it , and i ain't lookin !
I have avoided the spoiler thread on purpose .

I don't want to know !
Don't matter how little you know, someone out there know's even less !

Paddy

« Reply #137 on: Jun 17, 2005, 11:30 AM »
I didn't see it either, and also never look in such threads, but I was just making the point that there is a place for those who wish to post spoilers.

When it's done properly there's no problem. If anyone chooses to enter a thread clearly marked "Spoiler" then they know what to expect. If not, then they're from the same branch as Cory and Trevor - namely idiots.

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
« Reply #138 on: Jun 17, 2005, 11:45 AM »
Quote from: Paddy
I think anyone who post spoilers anywhere other than a spoiler thread should be shot.

So you would take them out back and put a bullet in their skull :?:   Yeah I think that's a bit harsh :roll:
"Jack never even took one step of his own ....yet he traveled so far".

Letter's to my little boy Jack

urungus

« Reply #139 on: Jun 17, 2005, 12:45 PM »
Quote from: Paddy

Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh, perhaps not :lol:

Who posted a spoiler?  Is it a spoiler to predict what will happen in the next episode (without having seen it or read anything about it)?

RangerF150

« Reply #140 on: Jun 17, 2005, 12:56 PM »
I dunno Ghostdog , is it *really* that harsh !
On the plus side , they won't do it again, downside is , well aside from the obvious mess, i can't see a downside :-)
Don't matter how little you know, someone out there know's even less !

Dirty Dancin

« Reply #141 on: Jun 17, 2005, 02:54 PM »
Awesome episode!  LMAO, repeatedly.  :lol:  Somebody please hook me up with the Lahey quote about shitty city and Julian being the muscular mayor.
"It doesn't hurt to do something absolutely outrageous."

Freedumb35

« Reply #142 on: Jun 17, 2005, 03:11 PM »
Quote from: urungus
Quote from: SWISH

Also Lahey has giant piles of cash (though he's spending most of it), which would look suspicious to "the man".

Very good point!!

"That video game is the key to Shitty City Randi and Julian is the muscular mayor"

Dirty Dancin

« Reply #143 on: Jun 17, 2005, 03:31 PM »
Freedumb35 wrote:
"That video game is the key to Shitty City Randi and Julian is the muscular mayor"

Thanks, Freedumb35!!!!!!!!!!!  :D

Shitrockk

« Reply #144 on: Jun 17, 2005, 05:02 PM »
I don't think the one-sentence episode description Showcase posts should count as a spoiler - honestly, if it's in TV Guide, you can't call it a spoiler  :roll:
"Well, a man is supposed to always be thinking about stuff about his family, and for to make himself to do things that are gonna gooder the family around, and gooder it up. And that is what is a man." -Ricky

Freedumb35

« Reply #145 on: Jun 17, 2005, 07:21 PM »
Quote from: Dirty Dancin'
Freedumb35 wrote:

Thanks, Freedumb35!!!!!!!!!!!  :D

No problem. Thanks for the edit oops  :wink:
Here is the other one. Drunk, evil, loony, fucking Lahey:

"I'm gonna let those little Shitty Cit board members and their sexy mayor Julian destroy themselves. Destroy themselves, Randi......destroy......themselves."

bigbenjamin

« Reply #146 on: Jun 17, 2005, 08:01 PM »
Quote from: Shitrockk
I don't think the one-sentence episode description Showcase posts should count as a spoiler - honestly, if it's in TV Guide, you can't call it a spoiler  :roll:

I understand your thinking, but importing information to the ORG that "spoils" the surprise of some future episode is indeed a "Spoiler" and must be placed in the spoiler thread, or it will be deleted.

Many folks, including me, do not want to know what is going to happen in the next new episode. We like to be surprised.

Gotta "spoiler"? - put it in the appropriate area.

unspoiled cheers!

Dirty Dancin

« Reply #147 on: Jun 17, 2005, 10:34 PM »
Freedumb35 wrote:

No problem. Thanks for the edit oops  :wink:
Here is the other one. Drunk, evil, loony, fucking Lahey:

"I'm gonna let those little Shitty Cit board members and their sexy mayor Julian destroy themselves. Destroy themselves, Randi......destroy......themselves."

Cool, thanks for the second quote Freedumb35.  8) Gotta love that crazy Lahey!

beachmonkey

« Reply #148 on: Jun 18, 2005, 03:10 AM »
WOW...i am so sorry for posting a spoiler...are yall talkin about me...because i f'ed up......i didn't mean too...i get so excited about new happenings....if it's me...i am so so so sorry....i will so post in appropriate places.....

PEACE

big fat monkeybutt
Cause when the right hook comes out, crazy mother fuckers like you get knocked out!

Canuckguy

« Reply #149 on: Jun 18, 2005, 06:27 AM »
Quote from: beachmonkey
WOW...i am so sorry for posting a spoiler...are yall talkin about me...because i f'ed up......i didn't mean too...i get so excited about new happenings....if it's me...i am so so so sorry....i will so post in appropriate places.....

PEACE

big fat monkeybutt

Its ok bro its hard to remember to keep the spoilers off this thread sometimes.  I think people should keep away from all TPB related thread if they really want to keep episodes from being spoiled.  Its almost impossible to avoid them otherwise.