Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Official Season 5, Episode Nine Thread  (Read 43985 times)

RangerF150

Official Season 5, Episode Nine Thread
« Reply #100 on: Jun 13, 2005, 05:38 PM »
Awesome !
Roll on next week , it's gonna be something to see :-)

My guess is it will end in a megga huge cliffhanger.....

The shitclock is tickin :-)
Don't matter how little you know, someone out there know's even less !

smish

• http://www.trailerparkboys.us
« Reply #101 on: Jun 13, 2005, 05:38 PM »
julian should've gotten some sort of signed paper saying he gave that money to lahey, otherwise its his word against his, unless julian goes to jail of course, which lahey is counting on...
I eat homemade fuckoffs for dinner everynight

Drunk_As_Fuck

« Reply #102 on: Jun 13, 2005, 05:45 PM »
If Julian is lucky he'll make it to jail with the rest of the boys lol!  I think it was classic the way everyone was headed out of the park at the end of the episode - just like wild animals fleeing when they know something really bad is about to happen.  ROFMLAO.

Imagine the shiticane that will happen if everyone goes to jail - the boys, Cryrus and the flappy bird vrothers?  Gonna be a rumble in jail for sure.  FWIW, today I was thinking about how they would handle it if the boys actually didn't go to jail at the end of the season?  Hmmmmmmmm .....

bigbenjamin

« Reply #103 on: Jun 13, 2005, 05:51 PM »
Quote from: melba the disco queen
Quote from: bigbenjamin
It is fun to try to dream up parallel plotlines between this season (or the entire 5 seasons) and other films and stories. And yes, I can see a pinch of Jack Nicholson's "The Shining" character in John Dunsworth's  James Lahey, but the similarities are really slender to none when it comes to plotline. The shining is about a little boy (the son) who is telepathic, and a father who is a failed, wannabe writer who hopes to write his opus in the isolation of a huge, haunted and snow-bound hotel.

I really can't think of any other story that serves as a template for TPB, season five . . "The Maltese Falcon" is closer than The Shining . . at least there is the ripped off and fought over Falcon = hash driveway.

MC and the Boys have cooked up a pretty original plotline this season. Can anybody think of another story that it truly resembles? I can't.

unique cheers!

I agree that the plot is not similar to the Shining at all, just for a moment Lahey's facial expression reminded me of Jack.
Excellend observation BB! I can see the similarity of the Maltese Falcon with the situation of the hash driveway. Will the boys be as out of luck at the end of the season as some of the characters at the end of the movie/book of Maltese Falcon (don't want to spoil the end for anyone who may be curious enough to see/read it)? My guess is yes.

Okay Melba, thanks for the compliment :D !  Sidney Greenstreet is  Mr. Lahey and Peter Lorre is Randy.
Sam Spade (Bogart) could be either Bubbles or Julian.
The Falcon has been covered over in some black paint or sheep-dip or some crap, so you can't see its value - like hiding the hash out in the open as a driveway.
(You can catch a clip from The Maltese Falcon here:
http://videodetective.com/home.asp?PublishedID=1481 )

Any other stories run parallel with season five?

noir cheers

southernbelle

« Reply #104 on: Jun 13, 2005, 07:51 PM »
Oh my, what an episode! I love the mass exit of the people from the park...much like an evacuation for a shit-a-cane or shit tsunami or some shit natural disaster about to occur. I am excited to see what happens next week, although, I will admit that I am not too worried about Cyrus. I mean, what's he going to do? He is ALL talk. I don't know maybe I am wrong.

I will say that so far, it has been an excellent season, and really well executed by the cast and crew. John Dunsworth should win an award for all his drunken posturing through this one. He recovered so nicely from that fall!

Rebecca
"The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face."--Deep Thoughts

seeeteee

« Reply #105 on: Jun 13, 2005, 10:06 PM »
Yo I can't believe how tense this episode made me.  

I know I'm a pussy but I totally got misty when Ricky gave Corey and Trevor a pound.  It was kinda sweet.

And fuckin Lahey needs to get whatever the Canadian equivalent of the Emmy is.  He gets better every season and this season he's been fucking incredible.

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #106 on: Jun 13, 2005, 10:11 PM »
When everyone was running out of the park i jumoed right outta my sit and stood up for the rest of the edpisode.
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

bigbenjamin

« Reply #107 on: Jun 13, 2005, 10:54 PM »
#10 IS GONNA BE DA BOMB!!!

SCARY CHEERS!

Shitrockk

« Reply #108 on: Jun 14, 2005, 12:54 AM »
A lot of people were saying that season 5 seemed like a return to the looser, documentary style, but it seems like the opposite to me. This episode had the least realistic, most calculated feel yet. They seem to have dropped the satire almost completely and swapped it for drama.

I think the plotline resembles many classic gangster and noir movies, though none exactly.
"Well, a man is supposed to always be thinking about stuff about his family, and for to make himself to do things that are gonna gooder the family around, and gooder it up. And that is what is a man." -Ricky

Shitapillar

« Reply #109 on: Jun 14, 2005, 01:19 AM »
One funny part I like, is when Ricky borrows the go cart, and he gets stuck in the mud, and after Bubbles says, "No donuts, FUCK, he's gonna wreck it!"

Man, that's hillarious. I also like this part of the one Lahey line, "And their sexy mayor Julian destory themselves"

Oh man, good stuff. There's lots of other parts I like, but that's all I'm gonna write for now.

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #110 on: Jun 14, 2005, 02:04 AM »
Quote from: southernbelle
Oh my, what an episode! I love the mass exit of the people from the park...much like an evacuation for a shit-a-cane or shit tsunami or some shit natural disaster about to occur. I am excited to see what happens next week, although, I will admit that I am not too worried about Cyrus. I mean, what's he going to do? He is ALL talk. I don't know maybe I am wrong.

I will say that so far, it has been an excellent season, and really well executed by the cast and crew. John Dunsworth should win an award for all his drunken posturing through this one. He recovered so nicely from that fall!

Rebecca

in the past cyrus has been nothing but all talk (deffently in s1ep 1 and s404 rib and tzug with the chip on his cholder..)

but this season he's really pissed at them , its not anymore cause ricky made him fail grade 10 (haha)
Now its cause of the stolen hash (remember shoot out in ep 502 wasn't all talk ;) ) and cause cyrus thinks he got send to jail cause of them..

So payback is way overdue..
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

"Just remember when you control the mail you control....information!"

southernbelle

« Reply #111 on: Jun 14, 2005, 08:12 AM »
Quote from: Djet3k

Rebecca

in the past cyrus has been nothing but all talk (deffently in s1ep 1 and s404 rib and tzug with the chip on his cholder..)

but this season he's really pissed at them , its not anymore cause ricky made him fail grade 10 (haha)
Now its cause of the stolen hash (remember shoot out in ep 502 wasn't all talk ;) ) and cause cyrus thinks he got send to jail cause of them..

So payback is way overdue..

You are probably right! With the more serious tone this season, Cyrus exacting his revenge is probably much more likely. I just can't help but think about Cyrus in the first and second season. What a heavy-metal dick!

Rebecca
"The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face."--Deep Thoughts

Randy's Gut

« Reply #112 on: Jun 14, 2005, 09:41 AM »
WHAT was Julian THINKING giving Lahey all that $$$?!  A major lapse for our mastermind there. If not for that, Cyrus and the brothers would be safely locked away and the worst Lahey could do is get George Green to look at the driveway, which as we all know would probably backfire on him!  

and he wouldn't be able to afford to get blisteringly, mind-numbingly drunk, only staggering drunk.

All in all, I think we're looking at a shiticane of Julian's making!

Jason

« Reply #113 on: Jun 14, 2005, 11:12 AM »
Very nice cliffhanger ending, I am looking forward to the next one.

After watching this season and especially this episode there is no doubt in my mind that John Dunsworth is the best actor on the show.

Milk

« Reply #114 on: Jun 14, 2005, 11:22 AM »

Rebecca

The townsfolk are leaving before the shoot out at the O-Shit Corral... =+)

-Milk

southernbelle

« Reply #115 on: Jun 14, 2005, 11:39 AM »
Quote from: Milk

Rebecca

The townsfolk are leaving before the shoot out at the O-Shit Corral... =+)

-Milk

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

It is definitely going to be a shit showdown!

Tallulah

• Seams Like Reality
« Reply #116 on: Jun 14, 2005, 03:22 PM »
So, do you think Lahey or Randy tipped off the other park residents to haul ass, or did this episode end just as Cyrus' gang reached the park entrance?  Even if the park did see Cyrus pull up, they never were intimidated by him before because he was all talk- so did everyone know about the hash driveway?  Some were carrying groceries and belongings like they were planning on hiding out for a long time, so somehow they knew something more serious was up, which makes me think they were tipped off, and I haven't rewatched it, but didn't the exodus begin just as the gates are opening at the jail?  Of course that could just be wierd editing...

I don't think Ricky will get shot this time because the heart attack is so evident now.  I like the Shining analogues here, not because the storyline is similar, but because J.D. has now managed to bring his character to a peak of sinister drunkeness (I used to practice faces like that, where you show hatred in your eyes while smiling- try it sometime it looks terrifying).  My favorite was Lahey asking Julian about his shampoo, (and the "Muscular Mayor" part)- the face he made to Julian when he's pretending to pout during that scene was amazing.  I swear I was actually worried for the J.Dunsworth on what may be my favorite prat fall I've ever seen on a TV show, I mean, an actor doing that crap can get really hurt- and he just skated down the stairs and made a perfect landing!  I still see something Shakespearian about this, with all players going down in the end- rather like the original movie when even the sound guy went down!  I'm on needles and pins!

Perini Scleroso

« Reply #117 on: Jun 14, 2005, 03:31 PM »
9 down, one to go.  Poor Bubbles, he was sure upset.  Ricky in that cart was a scream.  Don't know what's up with Ricky's impending heart attack, but the shoot-out to wrap up the season promises to be a doozy!  Can't wait til next week, but I'm not looking at the spoilers, I wanna be surprised!
Gorilla see, Gorrilla do!

the man they call RAVEEN!

« Reply #118 on: Jun 14, 2005, 03:46 PM »
"The biggest gunfight in canadian television history"
my sweet jesus i cant wait till sunday .
mike clattenburg definetly knows how to make us drool for the next episode, the scene at the end of episode 9 with cyrus, terry & dennis made me giddy with anticipation.
Honestly i could care less if  cyrus gets killed off in the shit blizzard,but i hope to see more of terry & dennis in future episodes. they seem like they can provide many a laugh and add a new dimension to tpb .
"The Fuckin Way She Goes..."

JAZane

« Reply #119 on: Jun 14, 2005, 08:41 PM »
Season 5 has shared a similar tone with other albums and tv show seasons that are a departure of style. In most cases, this is usually a decline, but in the case of trailer park boys, its something very different.

While the previous season usually considered the black sheep season, I think  5 is defintley different, not without its moments, but a definite departure of style.

Someone mentioned earlier that they substitued sastire for drama, which is the truest description I've heard of this season, spot-on, I'm jealous I didn't say it first. This season has the grittiest feel yet, for no better or worse, season 1 made more of an attempt at humor than this season did.

That and the fact that Ricky has wore the same shirt all season long has really made me take notice. Clattenburg has really subsided some other elements to show that he can weave a masterful story, and while I dont think I appreciated it as much at the time, 5-9 left me with an uneasy feeling that can only come with the co-existence of overt anticipation and worry. I love that feeling.

Trailer Park Boys - It didn't take long for you to become my favorite show
Can't think of anything clever to say...yet

Flagon

• http://www.wagonbutterworth.com
« Reply #120 on: Jun 15, 2005, 02:34 PM »
Quote from: Tallulah
So, do you think Lahey or Randy tipped off the other park residents to haul ass,

Nah.. shit barometer.. everyone in the park has em.. The shit barometer indicates a shiticane is in the works

bigbenjamin

« Reply #121 on: Jun 15, 2005, 02:38 PM »
Quote from: Flagon
Quote from: Tallulah
So, do you think Lahey or Randy tipped off the other park residents to haul ass,

Nah.. shit barometer.. everyone in the park has em.. The shit barometer indicates a shiticane is in the works

Good one Flagon, and I would add that having everyone suddenly haul ass was just a good comic device . . worked for me :lol: !

c'mom #10 cheers!

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #122 on: Jun 15, 2005, 03:02 PM »
Quote from: bigbenjamin
MC and the Boys have cooked up a pretty original plotline this season. Can anybody think of another story that it truly resembles? I can't.

unique cheers!

BB, I finally thought of a plot line this season resembles, The Purloined Letter by Edgar Allan Poe. In Poe's story the character 'D' steals an important letter which was best kept from him; D uses this letter for personal political gain. To make a long story short (or less long), D's living quarters are turned upside-down by the police looking for this letter, without any luck. The narrator of the story figures out where the letter has been 'hidden': right out in the open with D's other letters. I know it's not an exact match for season 5, but it is kinda close.
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

I Was Gettin Changed

« Reply #123 on: Jun 15, 2005, 04:30 PM »
I loved this season so far. EP 9 was fuckin funny. Lahey was great. Bubbles checkin out all the booze in the back seat almost had me in tears. The only thing is I miss Jroc.

bubblesforprimeminister

« Reply #124 on: Jun 15, 2005, 06:02 PM »
Interesting questions:

Will Cyrus not be afraid to actually shoot someone fresh out of coming out of jail?
Will Lahey convince Randy not to foil his plan and stop him from "taking off his pants" to kick Cyrus' ass again?
Will Ricky have a heart attack which seems likely with all the foreshadowing?

General Comments:

I agree with a lot of other posters in that Lahey was at his most pycho in ep. 9
Julian has made a lot of uncharacteristic irrational behavior this season especially his threatening mall cop Gary to leave Bubbles alone.  He could have easily landed himself in jail there.  Not to mention stealing the hash from Cyrus and gang with little attempt at disguise.  Is Julian losing it?
I as well noticed the close-up "boob shot" a la Randy's gut in a previous season.  I think that was done intentionally.

"Ass chin!...."