Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Zesty Mordant?  (Read 56904 times)

Canuckguy

Zesty Mordant?
« on: Jun 06, 2005, 03:42 PM »
I didnt know where to ask this....what flavor is zesty mordant?  Ive never heard of it or seen it anywhere...I know its made by doritos though so Im guessing its a type of spicy taco?

Grocery Bitch

• My blog
Zesty Mordant?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 2005, 03:48 PM »
I'm glad you asked...I was a little confused on what he meant by that too. Is it a Eastern flavour???

Shit machine gun

Zesty Mordant?
« Reply #2 on: Jun 06, 2005, 03:51 PM »
Zesty Cheese Doritos, it was asked in the Episode 8 thread as well.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Canuckguy

Zesty Mordant?
« Reply #3 on: Jun 06, 2005, 04:00 PM »

Saucy Bastard

Zesty Mordant?
« Reply #4 on: Jun 06, 2005, 05:04 PM »
Mordant is the French equivilant for Zesty.
Now , I too would assume Doritos , but as we never saw the chips, Zesty Mordant means "zesty zesty",and there are many brands of chips that have a Zesty version ,so, we can only assume.......................

EDIT:

Ok ,after visiting Doritos website , I see by the label that it must be Doritos!

http://www.doritos.ca/en/flav.php
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

shake

Zesty Mordant?
« Reply #5 on: Jun 06, 2005, 07:36 PM »
Quote from: Shit machine gun
Zesty Cheese Doritos, it was asked in the Episode 8 thread as well.

Quote from: saucy bastard
Now , I too would assume Doritos , but as we never saw the chips, Zesty Mordant means "zesty zesty",and there are many brands of chips that have a Zesty version ,so, we can only assume.......................

EDIT:

Ok ,after visiting Doritos website , I see by the label that it must be Doritos!

That's it Saucy And Shit Machine Gun! I read earlier when you mentioned that "Mordant is the French equivilant for Zesty" that I'll bet that's what the joke is.  Ricky reads the bilingual label (Zesty in English and Mordant in French) and thinks the nachos are called Zesty Mordant.  Thing was I had never heard of that flavor before until I saw it in that link you provided.  It says right on the label of the Zesty Cheese flavor Zesty Mordant ha ha.

Canuckguy

Zesty Mordant?
« Reply #6 on: Jun 06, 2005, 07:44 PM »
hahahah thanks for the link saucy, and shake for pointing out the package :leaf:

fuckin Ricky is hilarious! :beating:

shake

Zesty Mordant?
« Reply #7 on: Jun 06, 2005, 07:56 PM »
Quote from: Canuckguy
hahahah thanks for the link saucy, and shake for pointing out the package :leaf:

And to Shit Machine Gun for naming the flavor.  That's the kind that I eat, but I must have blocked out the Mordant part, it didn't ring a bell at all :)

Drunk Bastard

Zesty Mordant?
« Reply #8 on: Jun 06, 2005, 08:40 PM »

EDIT:

Mordant = Zesty?

It is more of a meaning that this flavour it is strong or will bite or it has the ability to be bitting.

Shit machine gun

Zesty Mordant?
« Reply #9 on: Jun 06, 2005, 09:11 PM »
My wife calls them stinky Feet chips, because they stink so bad, but taste so good.  Not that she knows what stinky feet taste like, I hope.

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Saucy Bastard

Zesty Mordant?
« Reply #10 on: Jun 07, 2005, 12:57 AM »
Quote from: Drunk Bastard

EDIT:

Mordant = Zesty?

It is more of a meaning that this flavour it is strong or will bite or it has the ability to be bitting.

Yeah , I explained the "bite" in my eplanation in the Season 5 episode 8 thread.
Zesty is of course a very loose translation mordant ,but good enough for some cheesie Doritos.  :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject:     Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Add User to Ignore List
Dressed All Over = All Dressed
Zesty Mordant , Mordant is zesty in French ,and the more direct translation would be to bite or to have bite.......Zesty.

David Heisel

Zesty Mordant?
« Reply #11 on: Jun 07, 2005, 01:47 PM »
What flavor is All Dressed exactly?  Never seen any chips with a name  like that down here in the states.
Smoking much dope lately boys? You guys are fucked!

Saucy Bastard

Zesty Mordant?
« Reply #12 on: Jun 07, 2005, 02:03 PM »

Melba the Disco Queen

Zesty Mordant?
« Reply #13 on: Jun 07, 2005, 02:16 PM »
Quote from: David Heisel
What flavor is All Dressed exactly?  Never seen any chips with a name  like that down here in the states.

No All Dressed!?! All dressed is supposed to be all chip flavourings in one bag, but really it tastes to me mostly like BBQ and something else that I can't identify. Maybe one of the other hosers here can describe it better.

As for the 'Zesty Zesty' chips, I used to work in a grocery store & have seen my share of 'not so bright' people. The one lady I remember was asking me about chips (why? I don't remember), and she picked up a bag of 'Regular' chips ('Nature' in French), and asked me what flavour Regular Nature chips were; I'm pretty sure I was stunned & didn't say anything right away, but tried to explain the bi-lingualism of the bag. I'm pretty sure I've also heard people seriously refer to Jalapino chips by pronouncing the 'J'.
I had never noticed the Zesty flavour of Doritos before, so I wasn't sure if Ricky was just not realizing Mordant is Zesty in French, but it totally makes sense.g
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

Saucy Bastard

Zesty Mordant?
« Reply #14 on: Jun 07, 2005, 02:31 PM »
Quote from above web site ^^^^^

Taste: These are some of the most flavorful Ruffles I've ever had. They've got all sorts of spices in them — ketchup, onion, garlic and more. Pretty good.

Aroma: Sort of ketchupy.

Shit machine gun

Zesty Mordant?
« Reply #15 on: Jun 07, 2005, 02:33 PM »
Melba has it right.  All flavours, ketchup, bbq, salt vinegar, plain, all blended together to get a sweet, bbqy flavour.  Impossible to describe.  Every brand of chips has a different tasting all dressed.  They are my favourite.  It's like getting a pizza or burger with everything on it as opposed to just ketchup or just pepperoni.

I've heard that the US doesn't have a lot of our canadian flavors of chips.  That's another thing to add to the canadian subtleties that the US may not understand.

I HATE Conky

Melba the Disco Queen

Zesty Mordant?
« Reply #16 on: Jun 07, 2005, 02:45 PM »
Thanks saucy! I guess BBQ & Ketchup are the most prevalent flavours for me.
Is that what everyone tastes? Do some flavours stand out more than others for some people? I know these are stupid questions, but I'm curious, if you had to describe the flavour of All Dressed, how would you?
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

Saucy Bastard

Zesty Mordant?
« Reply #17 on: Jun 07, 2005, 02:56 PM »
I'm a sour cream 'n onion guy , so the all dressed is a bit too much for me. :lol:

FreeSpirited420

Zesty Mordant?
« Reply #18 on: Jun 09, 2005, 09:34 PM »
i'm all about the dill pickle chips.

the best chips are the hooters brand chips. I kid you not, they are the best dill pickle chips I have ever had. :)

Check the link out. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/BlueStarAngel/06-06-2005021.jpg

after i saw epi 8, i went to the gas station and i saw the zesty mordant chips. i laughed, and people were looking at me. :S

Smokey McDoob

Useless Zesty Mordant Trivia.
« Reply #19 on: Sep 20, 2005, 09:44 PM »
Zesty Mordant, aka Zesty Cheese Doritos, are my absolute favorite flavour of taco chips.  Love 'em, but they're addictive as shit, so I try not to buy 'em too often.

Anyway, this flavour is unique to Canada because Frito Lay inherited it when they bought Hostess.  (Way) back in the day, these little gems used to be called Hostess Taquitos, and Zesty Cheese was always the most popular flavour, so I guess Frito had to keep 'em.  There was another flavour, Chili or Taco or some shit that was awesome, but never made it into the Dorito family.

Hell, I'm gettin the munchies just writing about this.

tan

Re: Zesty Mordant?
« Reply #20 on: Sep 21, 2005, 08:18 AM »
we call the zesty mordants  dorito zesty cheese,....and yeah they do stink but they are some good...just bought a big bag at the grocery store yesterday actually
 mordant is just the french word for zesty....lol leave it to ricky....i don't care much for them "dressed all over" all dressed. a little too tangy if ya ask me....

kcrocks

« Reply #21 on: Sep 21, 2005, 09:57 AM »
Bad breath in a bag! :D :lol:
once a trailer park boy always a trailer park boy

the beav

« Reply #22 on: Sep 24, 2005, 02:14 AM »
I used to eat a lot of Campbells Chunky soup and or Puritan beef stew when I was younger and playin' hockey an shit and I alway called it Ragout de Boeuf and i probably alway will.... :lol:  there's just something funny about the word Ragout...and then de boof behind it??

I know...small things, small minds...I've heard it all before. :lol:

oh, and somethin' else I made up when I was a kid that was derived from the Kentucky Fried chicken commercials was a little diddy that I use to sing when we got the greeeeezy goodness......."Kentuh'ee Fied tittin, wit a fin-d'r ditten duhd"...trust me, try and say it you'll crack up. :lol:   translated I think it means Kentucky Fried chicken with a finger licken good???  ....I don't know.
« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2005, 06:33 AM by the beav »
I may have alzheimer's...But at least I don't have alzheimer's

http://www.marijuana.org/GraphixFolder/graphix/%2521mbox.gif[/img]

the beav

« Reply #23 on: Sep 25, 2005, 06:31 AM »
Holy shite, smoke another one... :toke: :withstupid:
I may have alzheimer's...But at least I don't have alzheimer's

http://www.marijuana.org/GraphixFolder/graphix/%2521mbox.gif[/img]

Canuckguy

« Reply #24 on: Sep 25, 2005, 12:55 PM »