Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Zesty Mordant?  (Read 56879 times)

Brenteus Maximus

Re: Zesty Mordant?
« Reply #25 on: Oct 11, 2005, 12:37 PM »
As for the 'Zesty Zesty' chips, I used to work in a grocery store & have seen my share of 'not so bright' people. The one lady I remember was asking me about chips (why? I don't remember), and she picked up a bag of 'Regular' chips ('Nature' in French), and asked me what flavour Regular Nature chips were; I'm pretty sure I was stunned & didn't say anything right away, but tried to explain the bi-lingualism of the bag. I'm pretty sure I've also heard people seriously refer to Jalapino chips by pronouncing the 'J'.
I had never noticed the Zesty flavour of Doritos before, so I wasn't sure if Ricky was just not realizing Mordant is Zesty in French, but it totally makes sense.g

Yeah i always figured that was the joke of the title. It was, after all, based on a line Ricky said in the episode and knowing Ricky's unique grasp of language, he would probably just assume the French translation was part of the name of the chips, hence why he'd call them "Zesty Mordant", just like this lady with her "Regular Nature" chips.

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #26 on: Oct 11, 2005, 02:14 PM »
So I've now tried Zesty Mordant chips. They're very zesty to say the least! It took me a loooong time to finish the entire bag (not personal size bag, but the bigger type bag). I haven't seen the Ketchup Doritos around for a while, I really liked them, has anyone noticed them in stores recently? I'm worried that they weren't popular & have been discontinued or something.
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

Drunk_As_Fuck

« Reply #27 on: Oct 11, 2005, 03:44 PM »
I actually tried a bag last week myself!  The grocery store I shop at had Doritos on for $2.00 / bag [regular $2.75 / bag] and they were out of my fav - Cool Ranch - so I tried Zesty Mordant flavour.  They were a little more "zesty" than I thought they'd be but I still managed to chow down the entire bag before the movie ended  :oops:.

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #28 on: Oct 12, 2005, 04:49 PM »
My wife gets them...just so I won't eat them  :(
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

JulianRocks

« Reply #29 on: Oct 12, 2005, 07:32 PM »
When I used to eat chips..... I LOVED THEM!! :)

bigbenjamin

« Reply #30 on: Oct 12, 2005, 07:42 PM »
Yesh, a little heart-stopping snack from time to time, won't take us off of the planet so early,but I do feel stupid eatin "bad" food too often. Lay off of the fried snacks, baked is better.

stay with us cheers!

p.s. my weakness is fried chicken! My own or Popeyes!

petermog

• Location: Steak Night With The Lads! Derby UK-Me Sat First Left
« Reply #31 on: Oct 22, 2005, 10:11 PM »
I love the phrase 'Zesty Mordant'!  I can remember watching the episode and wondering what flavour it would be, assuming it was a Rickyism.  Now seeing this thread makes it even funnier. 

Does anyone else get phrases that roll off the tongue in such a way that you actually like saying them over and over?

Oh-Just me then.
I'm Not The Kinda Person To Say ATOWDASO But You Know What?  ATOWDASO! I Fuckin' ATOWDASO!

petermog

• Location: Steak Night With The Lads! Derby UK-Me Sat First Left
« Reply #32 on: Oct 23, 2005, 04:58 AM »
What flavor is All Dressed exactly?  Never seen any chips with a name  like that down here in the states.
http://www.taquitos.net/snacks.php?snack_code=954

Take a look....

Ha Ha.  Looking at that label on the link, I'm surprised Ricky didn't call them 'All dressed assassins' given the Zesty Mordant flavour. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm Not The Kinda Person To Say ATOWDASO But You Know What?  ATOWDASO! I Fuckin' ATOWDASO!

shake

« Reply #33 on: Nov 23, 2005, 01:34 PM »
The guy 2 cubicles over gets Zesty Mordant almost every afternoon.  I can smell them from my desk as soon as he opens the bag.  I usually mooch a couple :)

Shit machine gun

« Reply #34 on: Nov 23, 2005, 01:54 PM »
I bought a big bag of Zesty Mordant at lunch, and a bag of Cool Ranch 2/$5.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"