Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: What I want to see on the org.  (Read 20387 times)

Drunk Bastard

What I want to see on the org.
« on: Jun 06, 2005, 06:09 AM »
I just read the message place about Julien.  

I admit I thought this area was for suggestions about the show too.  I speak and read english very well but I still get confused.

Ok,

My suggestion for what I want on the site.  Please make a french version of it.

Canuckguy

« Reply #1 on: Jun 07, 2005, 06:38 PM »
Not sure exactly what you are suggesting.  You want a french version of the general TPB chat section?  Theres only 2 French people in the entire forum I think hehe.  Or are you asking for a french translation for the forum discriptions?

Drunk Bastard

« Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 2005, 09:33 PM »
How about just a french section on the forums?  You will get more french people to join if you provide an area for us.   For the very least, no?

If I am not making a good explanation of what I am attempting to say.  Please be tolerate with me and I will continue to try.

Canuckguy

« Reply #3 on: Jun 07, 2005, 09:42 PM »
Cool idea Ill point it out to cd for ya hes the admin.

bigbenjamin

« Reply #4 on: Jun 07, 2005, 09:45 PM »
DB, je crois que c'est une bonne idee. Attendons-nous voir le reponse de cat-dog. (Pardon la francais ecrit mal!)

Bonne chance! :D

Canuckguy

« Reply #5 on: Jun 07, 2005, 09:46 PM »
hahahah BB you never cease to amaze me with your intellectualism man :leaf:

shake

« Reply #6 on: Jun 07, 2005, 09:51 PM »
Actually cat-dog is the owner of this site, not just a mere admin.

Anyway it’s a matter of supply and demand, or as Ricky would say “supply and command”.  When you say “You will get more french people to join if you provide an area for us.” Can you back that up?  Is there some large group of French people that watch the show in English and wish to discuss it in French on a message board?

The other thing to consider is how would it translate?  Can you discuss the jokes properly if you tell them in French, just like trying to translate a joke from French to English, something would be lost.

Canuckguy

« Reply #7 on: Jun 07, 2005, 10:09 PM »
Aye thats what I mean't sorry I should have worded it differently :wink:  catdog is the owner of this fine establishment :leaf: and shake is the sentance police! :lol: he helps me cause sometimes I cant get the sentances to make sense very properly and word stuff properly.

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: Jun 07, 2005, 10:18 PM »
world.altivista.com will translate the whole site for you. I'm having problems with it right now but it might work for you. probably not gaurenteed the best translation either but it is worth a try.
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

cat-dog

« Reply #9 on: Jun 07, 2005, 10:46 PM »
If you install the google toolbar, you can right click on a page, and choose to translate it into whatever language you prefer. It's not 100% accurate obviously, with slang terms, and other words that there simply isn't a translation for.

What we could try is maybe setup a test area 'en francais' to assess the situation better - see how much need there is, etc.. and make a decision based on how the "test run" went.

I honestly don't know that it will serve much purpose, as there hasn't been such a request, or large population of french speaking individuals that would fascilitate the need to make a french section.
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

Canuckguy

« Reply #10 on: Jun 07, 2005, 10:49 PM »
I was thinking about this while burning a :6paper: watching family guy...what about a "French Fan Thread" in Trailer Park Chat?  That would give us an idea of how popular an entire forum section would be.

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #11 on: Jun 07, 2005, 11:06 PM »
Ya thats a good idea CanuckGuy... Then maybe fi it gets really popualr than maybe an option to pick your language in you profile? Just an idea
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

Drunk Bastard

« Reply #12 on: Jun 08, 2005, 05:59 AM »
Quote from: bigbenjamin
DB, je crois que c'est une bonne idee. Attendons-nous voir le reponse de cat-dog. (Pardon la francais ecrit mal!)

Bonne chance! :D

Merci beaucoup.  Ton français est bon!

Is there some large group of French people that watch the show in English and wish to discuss it in French on a message board?

The other thing to consider is how would it translate? Can you discuss the jokes properly if you tell them in French, just like trying to translate a joke from French to English, something would be lost.

It is obvious that until the show is translated into french or there are french people on the show there will not be large group of french people joining here.  But I am certain a small section of the forum will help and it does not need to be as busy as the english areas.

As for the translation of the jokes.  It is never the same and it is in both directions.  (English jokes are not good in french... french jokes are not good in english.)   I think it is a big problem in france.

But this is north america and to be french on this contenant is to be used to watching translated films and music.  We are used to it and most of us are very forgiving.  We enjoy the events too but find different things to like.  (One of the biggest fun things for us to do is laugh and correct bad translations of a statement.)

kittenlover

French and Trailer Park Boys
« Reply #13 on: Jun 16, 2005, 02:31 AM »
Hi,
Being a total Anglo, I just want to say that if translation were possible with the TPB website, it would be zesty mordant.

GTPB

Re: What I want to see on the org.
« Reply #14 on: Sep 02, 2005, 04:54 PM »
J'ai juste lu l'endroit de message au sujet de Julien. J'admets I a pens� que ce secteur �tait pour des suggestions au sujet de l'exposition aussi. Je parle et lis anglais tr�s bien mais je deviens toujours confus. Ok, Ma suggestion pour ce que je veux sur l'emplacement. Veuillez faire une version fran�aise d'elle.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr

Slightly burnt but still smoking.

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
« Reply #15 on: Sep 02, 2005, 05:00 PM »
J'ai juste lu l'endroit de message au sujet de Julien. J'admets I a pens� que ce secteur �tait pour des suggestions au sujet de l'exposition aussi. Je parle et lis anglais tr�s bien mais je deviens toujours confus. Ok, Ma suggestion pour ce que je veux sur l'emplacement. Veuillez faire une version fran�aise d'elle.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr

I just read the place of message about Julien.  I admit I has pens� that this sector �tait for suggestions about the exposure too.  I speak and read English tr�s well but I become always confused.  Ok, My suggestion for what I want on the site.  Please make a version fran�aise of it.
"Jack never even took one step of his own ....yet he traveled so far".

Letter's to my little boy Jack

GTPB

« Reply #16 on: Sep 02, 2005, 05:17 PM »
 :lol: You lose a little or gain a little in the translation. Don't take it as the gospel truth.
Slightly burnt but still smoking.

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #17 on: Sep 14, 2005, 06:35 AM »
I was thinking about this while burning a :6paper: watching family guy...what about a "French Fan Thread" in Trailer Park Chat?  That would give us an idea of how popular an entire forum section would be.

"French Fan Thread?"

Must have been a heavy doobie :) no such thing as fans of the french :)

I keed i keed

Mais moi aussie pense qu ce"est nest pas nescesaire pour creer un nuveau section . Ill n'a pas beaucoup de peuple ici qui parle francais consistant. (comme BB dire exuser moi pour mon francias ecrit)
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

"Just remember when you control the mail you control....information!"

Maddoggystyle

• www.wrassle.net
« Reply #18 on: Oct 11, 2005, 08:23 AM »
Poulet mon coque.....

If you can't figure that out then drink some more...
I don't regret what I haven't done yet...

shake

« Reply #19 on: Oct 11, 2005, 08:29 AM »
Poulet mon coque.....

If you can't figure that out then drink some more...

I looked it up on the Altavista translation thing and it said it means

"Chicken my hull"

Maddoggystyle

• www.wrassle.net
« Reply #20 on: Oct 11, 2005, 08:50 AM »
Better translation is "chicken my rooster"...

igotworktodo

• My English School in Japan
« Reply #21 on: Oct 11, 2005, 09:27 PM »
Je pense le meilleur expression est 'choke ze chicken', n'est pas?

Maintenant Fuck Off!

Je suis travaillez!
Now Fuck Off!
I got work to do.

Maddoggystyle

• www.wrassle.net
« Reply #22 on: Oct 12, 2005, 07:23 AM »
Go ahead and choke your chicken if thats what your into.

Reveen The Impossiblist

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2006, 12:07 AM »
In the "Membergroup Online Legend" on the home page of the forum, can we have a "valued org member" included in that section... or is that just wishful thinking?  8)
Brandt: You never went to college...

The Dude: Oh, no I did, but I spent most of my time occupying various administration buildings... smoking a lot of thai stick... breaking into the ROTC... and bowling. To tell you the truth Brandt, I don't remember most of it.

cat-dog

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2006, 10:36 AM »
In the "Membergroup Online Legend" on the home page of the forum, can we have a "valued org member" included in that section... or is that just wishful thinking?  8)

what would be the criteria for someone to be in this group? it's certainly possible, just not sure who would be the deciding body.

the board has post count groups built in, but we chose to disable them as we felt it might turn into a post fest to reach a certain status. not sure if this would fall into the same category.
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."