Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Official Season 5, Episode Four Thread  (Read 36019 times)

Becca

Official Season 5, Episode Four Thread
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2005, 11:49 AM »
Quote from: melba the disco queen
What was all the stuff drawn on Julian's face at the beginning? I thought I saw 'bum' and a kitty face, but that's all I could make out.

Hiya, Melba!  I thought the little kitty that Trinity drew on Jules’ face was cute and I believe it said “Bum Head” on his forehead.  I guess her Etch-a-Sketch was broken and she needed to practice her artistic talents somewhere.

Cheers,
B.

Jen

Randy
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2005, 11:56 AM »
Where's Randy? I dont think he was in this episode not even lurking in the background. Maybe he fell off the cheeseburger eating wagon and took Phil up on his offer to get a couple of burgers. I will have to watch it again Thursday to see if they even mention him.

Looks like Mike C. sent us actual lines from the season. I recognize alot from the episodes so far. Thanks, SMG, I meant to go back and read the post again but quite honestly not sure I would have gotten around to it. Great idea to include it in this thread.

Theres lots going on this season. I think everyone is great but Bubbles still makes the show for me. :bubs:

Arlene

« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2005, 12:10 PM »
Hay Jen, never even noticed Randy was missing!!! Must re watch the episode....
A
"I hate Disneyland, it primes our kids for Las Vegas."

"Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends"

2StonedBirds

« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2005, 12:56 PM »
It's like they have taken a page from the book of one of my favourite comedians of all time, George Carlin, who recognizes that comedy has better contrast when held up beside something dramatic, or serious. If this season is anything like how the movie is going to be, I surely cannot wait until it hits the theaters. Bravo Mike C. and company, bravo indeed...

2SB

-Don't let me piss myself!!- `Ricky`

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2005, 01:24 PM »
Also,  where has Barb been? Haven't see her a whole helluv alot this season so far :?
"Jack never even took one step of his own ....yet he traveled so far".

Letter's to my little boy Jack

Milk

« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2005, 01:35 PM »
I think Layeh's plan is working.

Why? Because without him causing friction and making their life generally shitty, they're turning on each other. They need a source of conflict to let their trailer park anger out on. First couple episodes it was Cyrus and the flappy bird brothers.

Somewhere it's got to turn around, right?

-Milk

P.S. Loving the season so far, gives a reason to watch each week aside from the regular laughs.

Flagon

• http://www.wagonbutterworth.com
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2005, 01:38 PM »
The cory and trevor thing as dogs is OLD OLD OLD... It was funny when sarah told julian to give em water and roll down the window.. But its just become too much..

And julian used to trust them to do cool stuff, like harvest dope and steal stereo equipment and bank machines..

Now they cant even steal a gumball machine?? Come on..

Fortunately the other parts of the show have been great so they make up for it.. But I do hope they drop the entire dog thing asap./.

Thats the way she goes..

EShitevus

« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2005, 01:51 PM »
LOL Wow the funniest yet!
Loved How Ricky thinks not taking the blame is no big deal lol! I felt bad for Bubbles the whole episode! and Ricky sort of at the end. He paid for his own stupidity! lol. Wow Cory and Trevor are starting to come around! Hilarious how Trevor started to cry when shooting the gun! Im not as cool as you Julian! Sob Sob Sniff Sniff- HAHAHA what a wuss. They finally get to shake Julians Hands! Bubbles buddy Shitty Bill! hahahahaha :lol: Then Ricky shoots rock piles groceries "You wanna see a fuckin tough guy heres a fuckin tough guy! lol
Some Awesome Quotes:
Ricky:"Fuck real easy to understand, OFF really easy to understand, Fuck Off!"
Julian:"You don't know what necessities means"
Ricky:"Maybe I do, Maybe i Dont, Maybe i dont give a fucK"
Then Him and Julian fight over who has Bubbles belly, NO i got his fuckin belly!
More to come on the quotes
Green Bastard, From Parts Unknown.

Ewok

« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2005, 02:23 PM »
I just re-watched the episode and I think it's great!

Trust me, the name of the next Episode just shows that all hell is going to break loose...

The only problem I have with the season is the trailer park is so small.  It seems that all the trailers are right beside each other... Where is the long dirt road Bubbles would wheel down on his kart?  I feel clausterphobic every time I watch an episode now.

The camera crew needs to take longer shots showing more room at once.  It seems like everyone is standing RIGHT beside each other.

50 fucking feet?  I think the trailer park is barely 50 feet long!

Milk

« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2005, 02:31 PM »
Yeah, you can really tell the new set is small, but hopefully they can add onto it season by season. Hmm.. maybe they can rent the trailer park out in the off season to buy more units with? =+)

-Milk

RangerF150

« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2005, 05:09 PM »
Awesome episode :-)
It is just getting better all the time, can't wait for ep 5 :-)

S5 is shaping up to be the best yet!
Don't matter how little you know, someone out there know's even less !

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2005, 05:41 PM »
Quote from: Shit machine gun

Shit puppets- To Be Determined
Quit drinking for life -Lahey, more to come
54321 Launch - next episode
Fuck up-burning trailer
Driveway-hash
Zesty Mordant - ??
Liqour talking - just about any scene
tiger - ?
White Western Star- sleeper
guy in the chair trying to sleep - ?
I'm telling - ?
1/3 of them - Bubb's at his best
ATOadaso - no explanation required
$100 - ?
$1400 - ?
$6000 - ?
Gravy colored hair- ?
Ray tracksuit- ?

If I missed something fell free to update.
I'm bored and trying to get excited about the rest of the season.

Tiger - when Lucy says 'I don't think so tiger' to Ricky's thought that they would finish banging at the trailer
Guy in the chair trying to sleep - ep.3 Ray's trying to sleep when Julian is heating up the hash for the driveway
SMG, excellent job on everything else!

Quote from: Becca
Hiya, Melba!  I thought the little kitty that Trinity drew on Jules’ face was cute and I believe it said “Bum Head” on his forehead.  I guess her Etch-a-Sketch was broken and she needed to practice her artistic talents somewhere.

Cheers,
B.

Thanks Becca! The kitty was on one cheek, did he have something on the other? I have to watch the episode again, I realize that I've missed so much!

Edit: Just checked out the ep.4 picture thread, Julian has a kitty on both cheeks, and something on his nose (still not sure what it is yet)
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

Thomas Davie

« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2005, 06:25 PM »
Haha; Shitty Bill is cool. When I was 5 years old, I crapped mt pants on the way home from kindergarten (Winnipeg, in January). By the time I got home, it wasn't so funny, although I can laugh now!

This season has the most going for it in terms o dramatic potential. Like most of the people here, I am as suspicious as hell of Lahey and his plans/schemes. Is he drinking at the bridge games? Is he baging Phil? Did he set Ray's trailer on fire (he could have broken into it)? Did he steal Julians' 60$ from the table in Rays' trailer? And so on.

I really do groove on the seson long story arcs.

Tom

JulianRocks

« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2005, 06:28 PM »
I haven't read all the posts yet but I don't like how Ricky made Bubbles think it was his fault that Ray's trailer burnt down. Alot of tension in this episode. Ricky was acting like quite the bumhole! :lol: But I am liking Season 5.

Shitrockk

« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2005, 08:32 PM »
I've always thought that Lahey was the most compelling character, so I'm hoping he will get to take a central role in the next episodes. These  episodes have all seemed like exposition to me.

The weakness of the fourth season, I thought, was that it focused way too much on dope, which quickly ceases to become funny if you're not stoned. The small-time crimes have always been the funniest stuff, not the dope.

I love the Corey and Trevor stuff. Good to see those boys being treated (semi-)decently for a change.

I agree with the beav... Trinity is going to turn into a shit apple if Ricky doesn't do something. The foreshadowing's all there.

So if it all pays off, the season will just get better. More Lahey!
"Well, a man is supposed to always be thinking about stuff about his family, and for to make himself to do things that are gonna gooder the family around, and gooder it up. And that is what is a man." -Ricky

tweekedbutters

« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2005, 09:22 PM »
i love the last 5 mintues the most, cant wait for the next episode, i predict with 100% accuracy that lahey is gonna get drunk and corey and trevor are gonna fuck up in a big way probably in the last episode.  One more thing big ups to mike c for being one of the only tvshow creators that can actually keep fans interested and keep me confident in the future of the show.
well this is how the world works all energy flows according to the great magnet

beachmonkey

« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2005, 10:00 PM »
kind of a depressing eppisode but i beleive it's bulding up to something....cory and trevor are gonna fuck up big time...that's enevitable...ricky's hated right now...but that's expected like his dad said....lahey is working up to a big blow up.....i wonder what barbs up too latley....and we are still awaiting when syrus and the jap brothers get out of jail.....this eppi is building up to something big....i've heard the biggest gun fight in canadian television history

PEACE

Da Monkey......

golfin flames everywhere....golfin here golfin there....LOL
Cause when the right hook comes out, crazy mother fuckers like you get knocked out!

unspoken

« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2005, 02:16 AM »
Decent episode.  Of all the episodes this season I still think "The Shit Puppets" is the best though.  However, this one was good for character and plot development.

There's a scenario that ran through my mind immediately at the end of the episode regarding Ricky now that everyone is pissed off over what he did to Bubbles.  But, notice how when everyone leaves Ricky at the burned down trailer...Cory and Trevor stick around, but eventually Ricky uses the 50 feet excuse on Cory.  However, only Cory leaves and Trevor still sticks around.  Could we possibly be seeing the break-up of Trevor and Cory through this?  With nobody else to turn to, Ricky turns to Trevor, while Cory sides with Julian and the tensions grow deeper between the two(R + J).
Also, you see Lahey coming out of the strip club in this episode.  Could he be attempting to rip off the boys like Barb did, knowing they would be attempting some scheme involving dope...if you pull out the old stereotype about strippers and dope use, this is also a possibility.
I don't know how plausible any of this is, just some thoughts I had.

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2005, 02:23 AM »
Quote from: unspoken
Decent episode.  Of all the episodes this season I still think "The Shit Puppets" is the best though.  However, this one was good for character and plot development.

There's a scenario that ran through my mind immediately at the end of the episode regarding Ricky now that everyone is pissed off over what he did to Bubbles.  But, notice how when everyone leaves Ricky at the burned down trailer...Cory and Trevor stick around, but eventually Ricky uses the 50 feet excuse on Cory.  However, only Cory leaves and Trevor still sticks around.  Could we possibly be seeing the break-up of Trevor and Cory through this?  With nobody else to turn to, Ricky turns to Trevor, while Cory sides with Julian and the tensions grow deeper between the two(R + J).
Also, you see Lahey coming out of the strip club in this episode.  Could he be attempting to rip off the boys like Barb did, knowing they would be attempting some scheme involving dope...if you pull out the old stereotype about strippers and dope use, this is also a possibility.
I don't know how plausible any of this is, just some thoughts I had.

i wouldnt think too much of it, Trevor could stand next to ricky cause he didnt say anything.. I laughed my ass off when ricky told cory to go home, Even after he's hated by all he still will treath them like shit :)
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

"Just remember when you control the mail you control....information!"

Zasu Pitts

« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2005, 03:12 AM »
Just not funny. I have all the boy's DVDs. I even put the pilot film on DVD. Been a fan for a while. These shows are not getting it for me. I watched an episode of "Puppets Who Kill" the other night. Cuddles was cockblocking Dan. Now that show is what I call funny.

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2005, 04:14 AM »
I liked how at the end of this episode, they played the sappy 'everything is gonna turn out fine' music, then everything went to shit!
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

Shitrockk

« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2005, 04:16 AM »
Quote from: melba the disco queen
I liked how at the end of this episode, they played the sappy 'everything is gonna turn out fine' music, then everything went to shit!

That was really a nice touch...
"Well, a man is supposed to always be thinking about stuff about his family, and for to make himself to do things that are gonna gooder the family around, and gooder it up. And that is what is a man." -Ricky

Randys Pants

« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2005, 11:34 AM »
I wonder if photocopying the VLT tickets actually works? Might have to give it a shot
Open the pod bay doors, HAL.
I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

shitwolf203

• http://www.trailerparkboysfansite.piczo.com
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2005, 01:38 PM »
Man iw ould say that the 4th epiosde was the best one of all so far but thats just me!
Lucy's Fake Boobs are one third mine- Bubbles
http://img261.echo.cx/img261/2760/lucyboobs6gr.jpg[/img]

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2005, 01:48 PM »
I'm wondering why Sarah has been letting Cory and Trevor out of her sight for such long periods of time. This seems like a bit of a turn around for her . I predict a scene where there is a "call off" between her and Julian . "Boys ,come "  ..."No ,Boys come here!" C+T  looking confused and conflicted ,turning back and forth between their masters.  :lol:  :lol:
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?