Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Official Season 5, Episode Three Thread  (Read 44887 times)

bigbenjamin

Official Season 5, Episode Three Thread
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2005, 09:03 PM »
"It takes all of his mental abilities to cook somethin.I've seen him get pulled into a trance by bacon sizzlin!" :lol: !

Hilarious eppy with some sad and serious bits concerning Ray's problems. So far I like eppy 2 best, this episode 3 is 2nd and eppy one is third, IMHO.
Cheers!

Randys Pants

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2005, 09:08 PM »
LMAO at JROC and T stealing the BBQ from Canadian Mahfucka! Still had the price tag on it
Open the pod bay doors, HAL.
I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2005, 09:16 PM »
Again with the 'Two turntables and a microphone'! Twice! Loved it! Pretty good episode, will have to watch again to catch more. Poor Ray, not only does he have a serious gambling problem, he's lost his trailer that he finally paid off after 35 years. Also, he mentioned that he took the mortgage out with Tammy 35 years ago, I think that is pretty much saying that she is Ricky's mom, so what happened to her? Trinity's been taking piano lessons for 4 years?
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

shake

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2005, 09:16 PM »
Quote from: SWISH
looks like the driveway survived the fire, whew.

Lahey has GOT to be drinking again, he was slurring a bit when he was going to play bridge, and it sounded like he called randy "b-bandy"...anyone else catch that?

There were so many Ricky-isms in the first five mins. I lost track! Awesome ep.

He said Bo-Bandy.  It is from this really silly song called the name game where you pick someone's name and make a bunch of rhymes with it.

And oh yeah I too think Lahey's drinking, he needs his "bridge games", apparently bringing the cards wasn't that important.

Detriot Velvet Smooth

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2005, 09:24 PM »
What is the song with Two Turn Tables and a Microphone...or is that the tittle?
I wanted a lady, not fuckin cory and trevor

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2005, 09:29 PM »
Quote from: Detriot Velvet Smooth
What is the song with Two Turn Tables and a Microphone...or is that the tittle?

It's from Beck's 'Where It's At', very cool song!

Speaking of where it's at, where's RumNCoke at? Haven't seen him around lately.
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

shake

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2005, 09:38 PM »
Any episode that involves strip clubs interests me :)

Loved Bubbles' quote "Fuckin way she goes and GD erections ruined the night"

Also liked Julian confronting Ray about the stolen money...

Julian "did anyone else come into the trailer while I was sleeping?"

Ray "No"

Julian "Well it's fucking gone"

Ray "Coincidence man"

2degreesofseparation

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2005, 09:40 PM »
Didn't Julian want it (the hash) right out in the open?  I guess that's why it's on top of the driveway.  You'd think the fire fighters would be getting a bit toned after the blaze.

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2005, 10:14 PM »
haha good one canuckguy... cyrus gettin killed :P haha

IT WAS A FUCKIN GOOD EPISODE THO... I toada so
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

J to the R-O-C

• my myspace page
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2005, 11:04 PM »
the best scene has to be Ricky smoking the driveway with the top of the pop bottle.  that's fucking classic.

:ricky:  :420:
"Anybody who wants religion is welcome to it as far as I'm concerned, I support your right to enjoy it. However, I would appreciate it if you exhibited more respect for the rights of those people who do not wish to share your dogma, rapture or necrodestination." - Frank Zappa

the beav

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2005, 11:32 PM »
Is it just me, or do the Ricky-isms seem a bit forced, almost un-naturally stupid...even for Ricky?  They're almost not funny, and too fast to catch....there were quite a few in this eppy.

Did anyone notice Cory and Trevor creeping back towards Ricky and Julian, as Jules was tellin' Rick about the missing 60 bucks?  Ricky chases them off "Go on!, GET!"  and Ricky's asking Julian to take the old man out so he can be alone with Lucy and you can see C & T creeping back towards them step by step, only to be chased away again?...just like dog would do. :lol:

Cory hasn't been sayin' too much?  I think in all three episodes so far,  it's Trevor that seems to be doing most of the dialogue.

Lahey is falling off the wagon big time.  He must be into the gin...or maybe the russian vodka?  Swish is way to dirty lookin' to be drank out of a water bottle.

This episode was really weird for me....I actually went driving through a trailer park today looking at trailers for sale (something to do) and I came across one that had been totally gutted by a fire just recently.  Then I watch this episode and Ray's trailer burns down. :-s

Ricky don't have much luck with fire does he?  

Just a little fuck-up Dad, nothin' to worry about. :lol:

Becuse I don't like ya Jim buddy, I'd rather sleep on the ground...ka-peek?

Hahaaaaa, Ricky and Lucy in the shitmobile behind the hardware store....head stickin out the window.... :lol:.....yet another "doggie" reference there... :wink:  :lol:
I may have alzheimer's...But at least I don't have alzheimer's

http://www.marijuana.org/GraphixFolder/graphix/%2521mbox.gif[/img]

bl4d3

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2005, 11:33 PM »
I don't remember anything about Cyrus being dead. Anyone wanna elaborate?

the beav

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2005, 11:37 PM »
Quote from: bl4d3
I don't remember anything about Cyrus being dead. Anyone wanna elaborate?

Go back and read this thread from the beginning.....you'll understand.

Ewok

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2005, 11:49 PM »
I really liked it.  It advanced the story nicely... It may not have been as funny as 'The Shit Puppets' but it was still awesome.

I really liked the part when Ray says he won't go with Layhey because he doesn't like him! Hah!  :)

The erections were awesome too... Corey and Trevor have always been my favorites.

DopePlant

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2005, 11:58 PM »
the best parts were everytime bubbles spoke.. man that guy makes this show. haha, always has a worried, pissed off or excited tone to his voice.
that was a good one. i like just normal dialogue. i dont know why. its the subtle things that make me laugh.
not me and you, arsehole... me and her !

Canuckguy

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2005, 12:01 AM »
Great episode its just getting better and better building up to a fuckin kick ass finale :leaf:

Gotta go watch it again now :wink:

Did anyone notice lucy snort like she just finished a line...and then Ricky did right afterwards too.  Its near the end of the episode when its just Ricky and Lucy in the trailer together and hes cooking on the stove.  Then she kicks out the camera guys. But maybe its just my imagination  :D

Ewok

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2005, 12:02 AM »
Actually I've been watching this show since Season 2 started and I could NEVER stand Bubbles.  I hate him, he's so annoying... There are only a couple times he's been funny.  Now he is so popular and I can't really figure it out.  :x

Arlene

« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2005, 12:24 AM »
Well, liked the episode, not funny like, but liked it a lot. Will for ever be scared by the image of Ricky and Lucy in the shit mobile gettin' it on. My god! I did not want to see that. I am with the Beva on the Ricky-isms being a bit too much and forced. Loved how it ended, but you would think the fire fighters would smell the hash. Mind you I dated one once and they aint the brightest bulbs in the box....
All in all, it was good...
Cheers and goodnight.
A
"I hate Disneyland, it primes our kids for Las Vegas."

"Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends"

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2005, 12:46 AM »
Come on ,doesn't everyone know "The Name Game"? :lol:

Randy Bandy BOBandy , Fe Fi Fofandi........RANDY !!  \:D/  :clap:  \:D/  :clap:

Lucy was definitly doing the "after a line" snurful snif .

And I hate to repeate that that has been said a quazillion times before ,but..

A Toadaso  ,best season ever ,I fuckin A toadaso !
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

the beav

« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2005, 01:01 AM »
Quote from: Ewok
Actually I've been watching this show since Season 2 started and I could NEVER stand Bubbles.  I hate him, he's so annoying... There are only a couple times he's been funny.  Now he is so popular and I can't really figure it out.  :x

Oh,....... you're that guy! :roll:

Canuckguy

« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2005, 01:03 AM »
Ewok did you used to be on Showcase forum too?  I think I remember a bubbles hater  :D

Becca

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2005, 01:03 AM »
I know the Name Game.  Too funny when Lahey claimed he was going out to play bridge - yeah, right!  Like others, I really don't think that's H20 in that there plastic bottle, Mr. Lahey.

I'm still laughing over Trevor's facial expression whilst at the titty bar.  He and Cory really need to get out more (and not just with trannies, heh).

Cheers.
B.

Rocket Appliances

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2005, 01:22 AM »
Strange episode for sure, but not bad. I find the episodes that have less shit happening during the day to be weirder.

"I toadda so" and the yelling at Cory and Trevor's boners were classic. As far as that Ricky-ism goes, it sounded dumb, even for him. But, any Ricky-ism is a Ricky-ism, after all. You just never know when they're going to appear and what they're going to be.

Ricky yelling at the fire fighters, I really liked, too.
"Lookin' for a date? 10 bucks or 6 Dairy Queen coupons."

doublebbq

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2005, 02:01 AM »
:P Bangin lucy in the back of the shit mobile i hope shes knows steve french pooped back there heh... that was hot seeing her in her panties   :wink:  :twisted:  gooood episode boys and thats the way she gose....

Rocket Appliances

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2005, 02:38 AM »
I just re-watched it. I was coming off being pretty drunk the first time I saw it, so it was a bit of a blur and I wasn't totally focused. I was really more into it this second time, being able to watch it sober.

I noticed more basic stuff that I didn't notice originally. For example, Ricky's dumbness was much more apparent to me. the beav is on to something. The writers are adding in too many Ricky-isms that just sound unnatural (Perhaps trying too hard to please fans of those sayings, even me. My user name is a Ricky-ism, after all.). I just don't think any person could fuck up "credit" by saying "crejidit" or fuck up "piano" by saying "piaianio". They're basic words that even little kids know, not whole phrases like "trial and error" that are understandably mangled by some guy from a trailer park.

All analysis aside (and I don't want to do too much of that), I still enjoy Ricky's fuck-ups, no matter what. The forced Ricky-isms still didn't fuck up the show for me and on the grand scale of TPB, it's not a big problem, but it's not a gimmick the writers need to try too hard with. They just need to keep it natural.

I wonder if "ka-peek" counts as the first Ray-ism.

The part where Trevor is mentioning him and Cory being treated as equals by Julian right when it shows them being told to sit is classic.

I find the whole Roc-Pile stealing the groceries thing in the last 2 episodes to be pretty hilarious.

Much better episode on second viewing and well crafted in the grand scheme of Season 5.
"Lookin' for a date? 10 bucks or 6 Dairy Queen coupons."