Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Official Season 5, Episode Three Thread  (Read 46491 times)

EShitevus

Official Season 5, Episode Three Thread
« Reply #125 on: May 04, 2005, 10:57 PM »
K one thing ive noticed in this season is Sarah has turned into a total bitch! lol
Green Bastard, From Parts Unknown.

the beav

« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2005, 12:13 AM »
Quote from: EShitevus
K one thing ive noticed in this season is Sarah has turned into a total bitch! lol

Nah, she just isn't gettin what she needs from Cory and Trevor. :wink:
I may have alzheimer's...But at least I don't have alzheimer's

http://www.marijuana.org/GraphixFolder/graphix/%2521mbox.gif[/img]

the beav

« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2005, 12:14 AM »
Quote from: Ghostdog
Great all around episode but how do you know Cyrus is dead?

Do you people not realize when someone is kidding :roll:
You have to read the entire topic:)

What, Cyrus isn't dead?....well what in the sweet flyin' fuck? :P
I may have alzheimer's...But at least I don't have alzheimer's

http://www.marijuana.org/GraphixFolder/graphix/%2521mbox.gif[/img]

SgtMeowsteen

• My Space site
« Reply #128 on: May 05, 2005, 12:54 AM »
Quote from: shake
Quote from: bigbenjamin

MC is often up to more sophisticated and layered things that the casual viewer might think

Definitely, TPB is filled with literary, many being Orwell, and movie references.  

The spider put me in mind of a Gord Downie quote from the Hip's song "Thugs"

"Everyone's got their breaking point with me it's spiders, with you it's me"

Don't forget the "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" reference in "Conky". The three orderlies mopping the floor wearing bowties. the over-sanitized, stark white hospital hallway........

Mike C. once expressed his desire to "go deep" with his directing and filmaking. I forgot which DVD commentary he mentioned it in though.

Quote from: the beav
long story short, i panicked, nearly burnt down the bowling alley i was living above.....

Man Beav ! Sounds more like you guys were doing a Episode 3 prequel !!!!!
I laughed at parts of your story but there is nothing funny about getting burns on your skin. Worst injury that can happen to a human I think.

Quote from: mshilton
SOME OF YOU PEOPLE ARE WAY TOO CRITICAL AND NERDY/ANALYTICAL!!!

True. Myself being a member in good standing in the Nerdy/Analytical legion post. You'll find many card carrying members here in the park.:D
You might be sexy Julian....but you can't teach me anything about liquor....
-Fackin Lahey

beachmonkey

« Reply #129 on: May 05, 2005, 01:17 AM »
Quote from: Canuckguy
Quote from: mshilton
]

lay off the capital letters girl heh....and in the post about cyrus being dead I posted just below it that I was just kidding and bored waiting for the new episode...surprised you didnt see that part lol. :wink:

Quote from: Canuckguy
I thought it was an excellent episode!  Cyrus getting killed was a little disappointing.  I was hoping he would stick around for a few more seasons.  All in all it was a good ep.  I havent actually seen it yet and cyrus probably doesn't die but I wanted to post out of boredom and pissed off I have to wait till 11pm!   :twisted:

:cheers:

Notice the part where it says I havent actually seen it and cyrus probably doesn't die :o heheheh ...I actually meant to have that deleted right away but I think DVS was busy and forgot to delete it.

Happy Birthday!! :D  (friday)

YO Canuckguy....good one....i get so caught up in TPB rumors....you crack me up

Peace
Da Big Monkeybutt
Cause when the right hook comes out, crazy mother fuckers like you get knocked out!

Becca

« Reply #130 on: May 05, 2005, 03:01 AM »
Quote from: EShitevus

How so?  Because she speaks her mind?  I think she's had it with Ricky and his failed promises, etc.  Can't say I blame her.  Ever notice how Trinity seems to be closer to her than either Lucy or Ricky?  She has that little girl's best interests at heart so I can't blame her for telling both Ricky and Lucy how she feels about what they do.

As for the spider scene, it can be interpreted in so many ways.  I just thought it was cool how that scene was captured - I mean, how often does that happen?  Maybe I should watch Discovery channel more to find out, heh.

Cheers,
B.

Zasu Pitts

« Reply #131 on: May 05, 2005, 03:29 AM »
Well sorry but I just can't really agree with the spider analogy. At first I felt it was some unique way to build tension in the story. When the show was over I remembered, "Hey what happened to the spider?" O Well.

oneblinkforno

« Reply #132 on: May 05, 2005, 06:02 AM »
when the spider got the but to fall, I thought for sure it would start a hash fire,
Then when ricky had the torch, I thought the same thing would happen,
Then when when Ricky and lucy drove away and they showed the pot starting to smoke, again I thought there goes the hash....

To me, I think the whole season ultimately revolves around the score, and them losing it and ending up in jail....so I was on pins and needles, the whole time....HAHAHA

Anyone remember Mike C's cryptic email to one member on this site, he mentions "toadaso" in it, hahaha....

And my final thought...hahaha, I am sure most of us have resorted to car sex once in a while, but doogie style with your head out the window, hahaha....the best, leave it to ricky....

shake

« Reply #133 on: May 05, 2005, 09:10 AM »
Quote from: SgtMeowsteen

Don't forget the "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" reference in "Conky". The three orderlies mopping the floor wearing bowties. the over-sanitized, stark white hospital hallway........

Yes Cuckoo’s Nest was Clattenburg’s favorite movie, he has references to it in a few episodes, even The Darkest One video with the Juicy Fruit, or as the Chief would say “Mmmm Juicy Fruit”.

Quote from: Becca

Ever notice how Trinity seems to be closer to her than either Lucy or Ricky?  

Yeah it definitely seems that way.

hunnerbun

« Reply #134 on: May 05, 2005, 11:45 AM »
I don't think Sarah's a bitch, I just think she's got Ricky's number.  She was his g/f in season three...remember.  She slept in the car with him a few times.  
I thought it was funny when Ricky came to get the 2 turntables and the microphone and Sarah answers the door...Lucy asks who is it and Sarah says some "drunk sweaty guy".  She's fed the fuck up with Ricky, you can just tell.

As far as symbolism, don't you think all the cereal bits have something to do with Seinfeld?  The only difference being in Seinfeld you never see anyone eating all the cereal he has lined up on that shelf...here you never see the boxes of cereal but there is a lot of cereal eating going on.
My God...what a drunk horror show!

Shit machine gun

« Reply #135 on: May 05, 2005, 01:40 PM »
I think Kramer ate some cereal in one episode.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2005, 02:15 PM »
in the closer th the heart episode you can see a blurred PURPLE box and only raisen bran has a purple box and that it what the ceral looked like too.
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2005, 06:06 PM »
Quote from: hunnerbun
As far as symbolism, don't you think all the cereal bits have something to do with Seinfeld?  The only difference being in Seinfeld you never see anyone eating all the cereal he has lined up on that shelf...here you never see the boxes of cereal but there is a lot of cereal eating going on.

Are they Seinfeld fans? If so, I would say they could be referencing Jerry's cereal fetish (like an homage?). (May have seen Jerry eat it a couple of times, remember when he was dating Janeane Garofalo (sp?), she ate cereal for every meal!) In the questions for the cast section I posted a qustion about cereal:
http://trailerparkboys.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1794&start=0&sid=e9b1a6b7d3503bfecf391bbbf4cdd99a

But it has turned into more of a spot & identify the cereal.
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

SWISH

« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2005, 06:46 PM »
Quote from: Shit machine gun
Quote from: David Heisel
Did anyone else notice that when Julian, Bubbles, and Ray roll up to the fire scene, Randy walks by pointing a camcorder at their car.  I think its more foreshadowing that Lahey is up to something.

I just remembered that after you mentioned it.  Could be Lahey is an arsonist.  He has blown some shit up before.  RIck's trailer.  Possibly Randy doesn't know or they get off on ruining people's lives.  We'll see this week if he has the camera.

Never thought of that before, but that makes sense.
"Propane Propane, gonna start the game..."
MR. LAHEY I GOT SOAP IN MY EYES!

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #139 on: May 05, 2005, 08:10 PM »
Ray is in trouble...
Julien says that Ray can't get in trouble because he is leasing the trailer but Ray said he now OWNS the trailer now (something to leave for Ricky)
Ray IS FUCKED.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

Detriot Velvet Smooth

« Reply #140 on: May 05, 2005, 08:13 PM »
I noticed that too..even if it was leased Ray would still responsible.
I wanted a lady, not fuckin cory and trevor

JulianRocks

« Reply #141 on: May 05, 2005, 08:44 PM »
Actually I think Julian said he was leasing the lot..... not the trailer. :wink:

Jonnyboy

• Trailer Park Boys
« Reply #142 on: May 05, 2005, 09:59 PM »
Quote from: RockJ
Who else thinks that JRock should be the new spokesman for Canadian MaFocker (I mean Canadian Tire)  This is the second episode where they got free advertising.  In fact does Candian MaFocker have a commercial out now featuring the grill used in episode 3.  When I reinstall photoshop I will see what I can do about making an advertisement including JRock.

Yah, I agree. J-Roc should be Canadian Mawfaucka Spokesman. Get rid of that fucking bearded know fucking it all Mawfucker. Someone should contact Canadian Mawfucker and suggest it...really.  There really is a whole thread on this on fer sure.

Now its out with "Crappy Tire" and in with "Canadian Mawfucker".

Jonny

Jonnyboy

• Trailer Park Boys
« Reply #143 on: May 05, 2005, 10:04 PM »
All in all I liked it.

I fuckin luv Ricky's new glass. The bottom of a plastic 2L bottle of coke, then is it the top half that he uses to smoke the hash driveway with? To fucking funny

Jonny

bigbenjamin

« Reply #144 on: May 05, 2005, 10:12 PM »
Quote from: Jonnyboy
All in all I liked it.

I fuckin luv Ricky's new glass. The bottom of a plastic 2L bottle of coke, then is it the top half that he uses to smoke the hash driveway with? To fucking funny

Jonny

Evening Jonny - I agree this last eppy was on balance a good one. Like most folks I am most impressed with episode two - a solid classic.

Wonder if eppy 4 will create the pattern of one low-key eppy (#1), then a great eppy (#2)?

Hope we have a chance to hot-box beav's transportation again, sometime soon :twisted: !

Big Cheers!

Jonnyboy

• Trailer Park Boys
« Reply #145 on: May 05, 2005, 10:48 PM »
Quote from: bigbenjamin
Quote from: Jonnyboy
All in all I liked it.

Jonny

Evening Jonny - I agree this last eppy was on balance a good one. Like most folks I am most impressed with episode two - a solid classic.

Wonder if eppy 4 will create the pattern of one low-key eppy (#1), then a great eppy (#2)?

Hope we have a chance to hot-box beav's transportation again, sometime soon :twisted: !

Big Cheers!

Yah, We can call it Orbit too or sumthin like that. Hey Beav up fer another raod trip to T-Dot.

Jonny

unspoken

« Reply #146 on: May 06, 2005, 12:03 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm new here.

Thought so far it was the best episode of the season.  Bubbles finally had more than one funny line in an episode (different from the norm, usually he's hilarious).  This episode was also good for setting up the start of the major scheme that will run throughout the season.

One thing I noticed of interest...listen to the song that is playing when the boys first arrive at the strip club.  It's the same song that was playing in the bar while J-Roc was yelling "throw ya hands up" repeatedly in S2E3, where they open a bar in the trailer park on Randy's first weekend as weekend park supervisor.

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
« Reply #147 on: May 06, 2005, 07:37 AM »
I don't know about you guys, but I think that the fire in Sunday's episode was a reference to "The Little Rascals", when their clubhouse burns down!
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #148 on: May 06, 2005, 10:29 AM »
Quote from: unspoken
Hi everyone, I'm new here.

Thought so far it was the best episode of the season.  Bubbles finally had more than one funny line in an episode (different from the norm, usually he's hilarious).  This episode was also good for setting up the start of the major scheme that will run throughout the season.

Hi unspoken! Have you introduced yourself in the Introductions section, yet? Bubbles doesn't even have to speak sometimes to crack me up, the face he makes in S5E2 when Ricky is sleeping on the SC container is hilarious!
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

samsquamch

« Reply #149 on: May 06, 2005, 04:00 PM »
I think Lahey is having an affair on Randy.  I think his mistress is Phil the motel owner.