Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Official Season 5, Episode Three Thread  (Read 48450 times)

Tallulah

• Seams Like Reality
Official Season 5, Episode Three Thread
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2005, 12:41 PM »
Quote from: shake
Good point about Lucy's acting 2SB.  Myself I haven't really noticed a change.  

I was wondering about the footage of the cigarette butt in the spider web.  It had nothing to do with the story, I guess Ricky just flicked the butt there and it landed in the web, so they decided to keep the footage?
The spiderweb confused us but somehow it was cool, just as a strange aside.  I think maybe everyone's acting was more "raw", like they didn't shoot as many takes?  The scene where Ricky's suggesting a BBQ day to Lucy and Sarah, it really seems to me like the lines got messed up and they kept on going.  Sarah looks up at Lucy after Ricky flubs a line and says.. "So that's OK?" or something like that and Lucy pauses for a long time and says, "Yeah, yeah that'll be fine, it will be awesome" or something.  It really sounded like they were asking each other if they should continue with the scene, or shoot it again.  I thought that about the bit with Sarah and the makeup, the line's hilarious but her delivery seemed sortof distracted and not her usual punchy delivery.

OK, I don't know how many of you have ever rounded the corner into your neighborhood and saw sirens and lights and smoke and a jillion squad cars and stuff to have your heart stop-drop-and-roll like that.  Rolling into the park, they could not have done that more realistically.  Lets just say that I really felt for Julian when he said "They found the hash I've gotta get out of here".  There have been several times in my life when I've been in a car that's slowed down with "Oh my god.  Should we go forward, or do a U turn and call them from a gas station and find out WTF is happening?"  It's a feeling that will stick with you forever, parking your illegal car somewhere and walking into a scene like that trying to play like you're not expecting anything awful.  The TPB rendition of it was immaculate and though very "dark", was the strongest part of the episode IMO.

These all seem slightly rushed to me, like they will all play better as one piece.  It seems like each episode ends really abruptly.

Rocket Appliances

« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2005, 03:27 PM »
Quote from: beachmonkey
what i'm wondering is how Ricky has made his checkered trade mark shirt last for 5 seasons now....it's like Fred Flinstone with the same loin cloth...or George Jetsone with the same ol space outfit on....it's so f#*# en classic...i love it...Rob Wells must have like 10 pairs of the same shirt or something

I was thinking about that, myself. It would be great if I could find that shirt somewhere but no clue where the hell they'd sell that one. It would have to be a little skinnier, though. The track pants would be no problem to find, I bet.
"Lookin' for a date? 10 bucks or 6 Dairy Queen coupons."

RockJ

« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2005, 05:18 PM »
After thinking about it all day, I think "toadaso" has some staying power.  Worked into no less than 3 conversations today with my probationers in addition to a couple gnoamwhatimsayin.

Who else thinks that JRock should be the new spokesman for Canadian MaFocker (I mean Canadian Tire)  This is the second episode where they got free advertising.  In fact does Candian MaFocker have a commercial out now featuring the grill used in episode 3.  When I reinstall photoshop I will see what I can do about making an advertisement including JRock.
Damn it sucks not being able to see the episodes first hand again!!!

Detriot Velvet Smooth

« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2005, 06:14 PM »
Quote from: Rocket Appliances
Quote from: beachmonkey
what i'm wondering is how Ricky has made his checkered trade mark shirt last for 5 seasons now....it's like Fred Flinstone with the same loin cloth...or George Jetsone with the same ol space outfit on....it's so f#*# en classic...i love it...Rob Wells must have like 10 pairs of the same shirt or something

I was thinking about that, myself. It would be great if I could find that shirt somewhere but no clue where the hell they'd sell that one. It would have to be a little skinnier, though. The track pants would be no problem to find, I bet.

I was in Wendy's the other day eatin some Jr's and saw an old lady in a sweater...with that EXACT  pattern on it.
I wanted a lady, not fuckin cory and trevor

Jen

Lahey
« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2005, 06:43 PM »
Theres alot to this episode. It really took a different turn from episode 2 but I cant wait to see where it takes us. The fire scene was really sad and probably the saddest scene for me since Bubbles lost his shed. (Cant forget the steve french good bye scene tho that was a sad one too)

I keep wondering what Lahey is up to...Im sure he wasnt going to play bridge - I would bet my last stick of pepperoni on it  :wink:  I wonder if he is cheating on Randy - there seems to be something different between them this season. Maybe he is back with Barb in order to secure control of the park. I mean we all saw Barb arranging old dried dirty weeds in her cowgirl boot in episode one - if thats not the sign of a lonely desperate woman then I dont know what is....but what do I know, Lahey was probably just helping Phil pave the motel parking lot...you know, then they went out for cheeseburgers, Nah "that's crazy talk, man!".

Jen :wink:

David Heisel

« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2005, 06:45 PM »
Did anyone else notice that when Julian, Bubbles, and Ray roll up to the fire scene, Randy walks by pointing a camcorder at their car.  I think its more foreshadowing that Lahey is up to something.
Smoking much dope lately boys? You guys are fucked!

bigbenjamin

« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2005, 06:55 PM »

I was wondering about the footage of the cigarette butt in the spider web.  It had nothing to do with the story, I guess Ricky just flicked the butt there and it landed in the web, so they decided to keep the footage?

"It's funny.

At least I thought so." - BK

The cigarette butt in the spider web was key for me, kicked the eppy up a notch. I forget what the device is called dramatically, but it happens in literature  too. A bunch of snake eggs hatch in yr garden and the next thing your family has all kinds of bad luck . . cancer, a fire . . etc. The cig in the spider's web means trouble ahead . .Ray's trailer is burned down . . something bad is gonna happen to the hash.
Good stuff MC - keep it comin!

Cheers!

Detriot Velvet Smooth

« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2005, 07:49 PM »
I didn't notice the Butt in the hash, I'll have to watch it again. When was it near the begining
I wanted a lady, not fuckin cory and trevor

shake

« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2005, 09:30 PM »
Quote from: bigbenjamin

The cigarette butt in the spider web was key for me, kicked the eppy up a notch. I forget what the device is called dramatically, but it happens in literature  too. A bunch of snake eggs hatch in yr garden and the next thing your family has all kinds of bad luck . . cancer, a fire . . etc. The cig in the spider's web means trouble ahead . .Ray's trailer is burned down . . something bad is gonna happen to the hash.

Cheers!

I don't know anything about snakes hatching eggs in your garden or how it relates to the butt in the spider web, but I'd be interested in finding out more about this dramatic device if you can find it Ben.  It must have some artistic merit or else the camera just happened to catch the butt landing in the web, or it did originally and they decided to re-enact it.  Perhaps we'll find out from Mike C on the DVD commentary next year.

shake

« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2005, 09:54 PM »
Two more gems I noticed that I don’t think were mentioned yet:

Bubbles in response to Ray saying he should get the front seat because there’s more leg room:
Well if you’re fucking legs don’t work why do you need more room?

Ricky to the firemen after Julian told him to get them off the hash driveway:  Thanks for all your help guys with all your…water and everything else you did.

mshilton

• http://www.myspace.com/mshilton_7
« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2005, 11:43 PM »
ONE OF MY FAVORITE MOMMENTS WAS WHEN J-ROC SAYS TO RICKY- "I FUCKED OFF LIKE YOU TOLD ME!"
 DON'T BE HATIN', IT WAS A GOOD EPISODE AND A GOOD SEASON SO FAR- SOME OF YOU PEOPLE ARE WAY TOO CRITICAL AND NERDY/ANALYTICAL!!!
AND WHOEVER STARTED THAT CYRUS IS DEAD SHIT- ARE YOU ON CRACK?  HIM AND TERRY AND DENNIS (THE PACKAGE-HANGER-OUTERS) WENT TO JAIL IN EPISODE 2!  
I JUST GOT MY SEASON 4 DVD- THERE IS SOME GREAT STUFF IN THE EXTRA FEATURES.
MY BIRTHDAY IS FRIDAY AND I'M HAVING A WHITE-TRASH TRAILER PARK PARTY.  PEOPLE ARE DRESSING UP.  I HOPE SOME HOT GUYS DRESS UP LIKE JULIAN!!!
Belligerent Sexy

Canuckguy

« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2005, 11:51 PM »
Quote from: mshilton
ONE OF MY FAVORITE MOMMENTS WAS WHEN J-ROC SAYS TO RICKY- "I FUCKED OFF LIKE YOU TOLD ME!"
 DON'T BE HATIN', IT WAS A GOOD EPISODE AND A GOOD SEASON SO FAR- SOME OF YOU PEOPLE ARE WAY TOO CRITICAL AND NERDY/ANALYTICAL!!!
AND WHOEVER STARTED THAT CYRUS IS DEAD SHIT- ARE YOU ON CRACK?  HIM AND TERRY AND DENNIS (THE PACKAGE-HANGER-OUTERS) WENT TO JAIL IN EPISODE 2!  
MY BIRTHDAY IS FRIDAY AND I'M HAVING A WHITE-TRASH TRAILER PARK PARTY.  PEOPLE ARE DRESSING UP.  I HOPE SOME HOT GUYS DRESS UP LIKE JULIAN!!!

lay off the capital letters girl heh....and in the post about cyrus being dead I posted just below it that I was just kidding and bored waiting for the new episode...surprised you didnt see that part lol. :wink:

Quote from: Canuckguy
I thought it was an excellent episode!  Cyrus getting killed was a little disappointing.  I was hoping he would stick around for a few more seasons.  All in all it was a good ep.  I havent actually seen it yet and cyrus probably doesn't die but I wanted to post out of boredom and pissed off I have to wait till 11pm!   :twisted:

:cheers:

Notice the part where it says I havent actually seen it and cyrus probably doesn't die :o heheheh ...I actually meant to have that deleted right away but I think DVS was busy and forgot to delete it.

Happy Birthday!! :D  (friday)

Canuckguy

« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2005, 11:53 PM »

"It's funny.

At least I thought so." - BK

Cheers!

Yah its a form of forshadowing Ive seen that in books too.  Very cool style and makes ya wonder where they got the idea to do that.  Also makes me wonder if they did that on purpose or if they just threw it in for fun not actually doing it for forshadowing.

bigbenjamin

« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2005, 12:31 AM »

Cheers!

I don't know anything about snakes hatching eggs in your garden or how it relates to the butt in the spider web, but I'd be interested in finding out more about this dramatic device if you can find it Ben.  It must have some artistic merit or else the camera just happened to catch the butt landing in the web, or it did originally and they decided to re-enact it.  Perhaps we'll find out from Mike C on the DVD commentary next year.

Symbolic Foreshadowing is a narrative device that hints at coming events. Because foreshadowing is used to create suspense, if it is too obvious it can spoil the surprise.

For example the spider approaching the cigarette butt in the spider web is ominous, as is the dramatic burning of the potatoes, all prior to the fire that destroys Ray’s trailer. (Actually this foreshadowing of the home-destroying fire is done several times during the eppy.)

You might recall that it is J-Roc’s cigarette butt that Ricky snatches off the hash driveway, saying “You do that again and I’ll fuckin kill ya!” as he tosses the butt, and we see it stuck in the web with the spider crawling right up to it.

Whether or not the shot was planned as Symbolic Foreshadowing doesn’t really change the fact that it was very deliberately left in the final cut - a close-up at that - and serves the purpose of giving observant viewers a creepy hint that things are going wrong.

Cheers!

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2005, 04:39 AM »
Quote from: mshilton

Hmm ok it wasnt that bad the new ep, but i still say that those rickyisms where a shame on the writers!! like they didnt get what's so funny about them :(
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

"Just remember when you control the mail you control....information!"

Drunk_As_Fuck

« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2005, 06:28 AM »

Symbolic Foreshadowing is a narrative device that hints at coming events. Because foreshadowing is used to create suspense, if it is too obvious it can spoil the surprise.  .......

While I knew that the shot in question was symbolic foreshadowing, I thought it was weird MC included it.  I mean, this is suppose to be a rough documentary aka mocumentary isn't it?  Kinda gettin' waaaaaay too deep for the TPB IMHO lol!

shake

« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2005, 07:09 AM »

AAAAHHH! A SPIDER!

nomesayin

« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2005, 07:25 AM »
I just got the episode off the d/l.  I loved it, I think I liked it better than #2.  I definately laughed more.  

Ricky: J-Roc,What's going on?
J-Roc: Not too much Ricky, I fucked off like you told me to. What now?
That was too funny.  

I loved the J-roc Randy burger exchange too...
Randy: Frig off J-Roc, I'm off the cheeseburgers now.
J-Roc: Randy don't play me like some kind of sucka dog.  Mahfuckers with guts like that aint off the cheeseburgers. Mahfuckers with guts like that definately are on the cheeseburgers dog.

There was so much.  I loved it!
Ricky, member I told you about thinking about each word before you say it?  One of those words isn't real...

Shit machine gun

« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2005, 07:39 AM »
Quote from: David Heisel
Did anyone else notice that when Julian, Bubbles, and Ray roll up to the fire scene, Randy walks by pointing a camcorder at their car.  I think its more foreshadowing that Lahey is up to something.

I just remembered that after you mentioned it.  Could be Lahey is an arsonist.  He has blown some shit up before.  RIck's trailer.  Possibly Randy doesn't know or they get off on ruining people's lives.  We'll see this week if he has the camera.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

the beav

« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2005, 06:35 PM »
I don't think Lahey is going around burnin' shit up for the simple reason that Ricky, the dumbass put french fries in the pot of oil and PUT THE LID ON IT...and then forgot it when he left to go bang Lucy.

My buddy and I were sitting aroungd the apartment afew years back playing NHL 93 and gettin' all buzzed.  my buddy Dave asked if he could make some french fries on the stove....I said sure....he went out, chopped up some taters and dropped them in the big pot on the stove and put the lid on and cranked er up to MAX....

...sat there playin hockey for a while just baked...all of a sudden i looked over towards the kitchen and I see this black smoke up in the air....I'm like "What the fuck is that smoke all about?"...got up to investigate and lifted the lid on the pot of fries and VAWOOOOM !!  6 FT FUCKIN FLAME COMES SHOOTIN OUT THE POT.....hit's the ceiling tiles above my head and blackens them instantly.......

long story short, i panicked, nearly burnt down the bowling alley i was living above and scared the shit outta my poor cat all while escaping with mild smoke inhalation and 3rd degree burns on my hands and fingers.

Moral of the story.......DO NOT PUT A LID ON A POT OF COOKING OIL!!! and forget about it.

grease fires kill. :blazing:

I may have alzheimer's...But at least I don't have alzheimer's

http://www.marijuana.org/GraphixFolder/graphix/%2521mbox.gif[/img]

bigbenjamin

« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2005, 06:36 PM »

AAAAHHH! A SPIDER!

Glad you got it, shake . . MC is often up to more sophisticated and layered things that the casual viewer might think . . and that is the fascination of TPB for me - it is happening on more than one level! I think we need an MC appreciation thread . . who knows - Mike might join us (so many Mikes) -
Foreshadowed Cheers!

shake

« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2005, 07:01 PM »

MC is often up to more sophisticated and layered things that the casual viewer might think

Definitely, TPB is filled with literary, many being Orwell, and movie references.  

The spider put me in mind of a Gord Downie quote from the Hip's song "Thugs"

"Everyone's got their breaking point with me it's spiders, with you it's me"

the beav

« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2005, 07:33 PM »
It's getting deep in here.

*runs to grab hip-waders*
I may have alzheimer's...But at least I don't have alzheimer's

http://www.marijuana.org/GraphixFolder/graphix/%2521mbox.gif[/img]

EShitevus

« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2005, 10:34 PM »
LOL Great Episode!
A TODA SO A FUCKING A TODA SO! -Ricky
Heheh yet another scene where Ricky is talking to the camera and something catched on fire!  :lol:
Fuckine way she goes, fucking erections -Bubbles
I cant believe they showed Ricky and Lucy banging lol
LOL Julian telling Cory and Trevor to Sit! haha  :lol:
Great all around episode but how do you know Cyrus is dead?
Green Bastard, From Parts Unknown.

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2005, 10:39 PM »
Great all around episode but how do you know Cyrus is dead?

Do you people not realize when someone is kidding :roll:
You have to read the entire topic:)
"Jack never even took one step of his own ....yet he traveled so far".

Letter's to my little boy Jack