Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: TPB Movie Updates & Info - Movie to be released October 6, 2006  (Read 131494 times)

Shit machine gun

http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/2005/04/28/1016998-cp.html

[mod]The link above is no longer active but more info is in this thread.  The movie will be released October 6, 2006.  Despite what was written about the movie on the IMDB site the movie is not a prequel, rather they have announced it will be independent of the TV show storyline. It will still be all the characters, and themes you love, but a knowledge of the tv series will not be required to follow the storyline of the film. [/mod]
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

purple_skwirrel

TPB Feature Film Updates & Info
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2005, 02:29 PM »
Thanks SMG!

That's awesome, so happy for the guys (and gals) :D

Perini Scleroso

« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2005, 02:42 PM »
Just read the article, enjoyed the info.  But I gotta say, I'm worried about the movie.  I'm not a big fan of prequels.   For example, I've heard that this movie will explain how Julian and Ricky meet Bubbles. In the eppy about Randy's Barbeque, Constable Erica Miller asks Julian how long he's lived in the park and he says 32 years.  So therefore, he has know Bubbles his whole life, right?  For fans of the show, won't the inconsistencies be annoying?  Just a thought.
Gorilla see, Gorrilla do!

purple_skwirrel

« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 2005, 02:44 PM »
Hmmm... :-k

Oh well, that's ENTERTAINMENT

Shit machine gun

« Reply #4 on: Apr 28, 2005, 02:54 PM »
I haven't seen anything about the movie being a prequel.  They did that with the xmas special.  I doubt they'd do it again.  But the xmas special was as good as any episode I've ever seen.

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
« Reply #5 on: Apr 28, 2005, 03:10 PM »
I'll for sure go and see it and buy the DVD and all that,  but I see it probably going down in the Canadian film history books along side "Duct Tape Forever & Strange Brew".

(Not that there's anything wrong with those two movies I just don't see this film winning any major awards)
"Jack never even took one step of his own ....yet he traveled so far".

Letter's to my little boy Jack

shake

« Reply #6 on: Apr 28, 2005, 03:13 PM »
Quote from: Shit machine gun
I haven't seen anything about the movie being a prequel.  They did that with the xmas special.  I doubt they'd do it again.  But the xmas special was as good as any episode I've ever seen.

Yeah where did you get this info about the prequel Perini?

purple_skwirrel

« Reply #7 on: Apr 28, 2005, 03:14 PM »
From IMDb:

Plot Outline: Set before the events of the "Trailer Park Boys" Television show. The pot smoking, rum drinking Ricky and Julian are released from prison where they meet Bubbles for the first time and eventually come to live in the Sunnyvale Trailer Park.

Again, hmmm...  :-k

shake

« Reply #8 on: Apr 28, 2005, 03:16 PM »
Excellent Article, I think this makes it very clear to all the people that were worried that the boys would sell out and become Hollywood have NOTHING to fear.

I think the following points from the article should put all the Chicken Littles to rest:

"I think the screenplay ... focuses the things that you've all come to love in the show in a way that will work, both for their historical audience and for audiences that have never seen or heard them before."

Promoters of the movie, set for Canadian release in mid-2006 by Motion Picture Distribution LP, promise more of the same, only "with crazier antics, better dope, stronger language ... and the mother of all scams."

Clattenburg said the movie will be produced on a relatively small budget of under $5 million Cdn.
"So the film will still be a low-budget feel and look -- it's one of the charms of the (TV) series, we'll always keep it."

"I think the film will be an R-rated film," said Reitman. "There's been no attempt to change the tone of the movie from the tone of the television show."

shake

« Reply #9 on: Apr 28, 2005, 03:28 PM »
Actually I found where you got that p_s

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425601/

I wouldn't take that info as gospel, look what else it says...

Production Notes/Status:
Comments:   
Status Updated:   13 September 2004
Note:   Since this project is categorized as being in production, the data is subject to change; some data could be removed completely.

That may be out of date already, they may be going in a different direction.

purple_skwirrel

« Reply #10 on: Apr 28, 2005, 03:30 PM »
You never know, maybe they just made it up :lol:

Shit machine gun

« Reply #11 on: Apr 28, 2005, 03:33 PM »
I wouldn't trust IMDB for the plot outlines.  It's usually posted by someone like us.  I couldn't trust us as far as I could throw myself.  I honestly don't see another prequel.

Can you imagine the backlash on the .ORG if they had any inconsistencies?  We already trash every little thing they do if we see something off.  

My prediction for the movie, big dope sale, road trip, more guns, maybe some boobies for bubbles, more swearing, a few canadian celeb cameos (cheech, kids in the hall guys, rita mcneil).

They are going to want to come up with something original.  Making a half season into a movie would be like wasting ideas that could be used for a new season.  All depends how this season and next ends.  The movie won't be out until 2007 anyway.  Lets' get in line now.

I HATE Conky

purple_skwirrel

« Reply #12 on: Apr 28, 2005, 03:35 PM »
But, that is the answer to those wondering where this "prequel" (mis)information came from, at any rate :wink:

Shit machine gun

« Reply #13 on: Apr 28, 2005, 03:36 PM »
Good snooping Purple skwirrel.  We'll all blame you if the movie sucks. LOL

I HATE Conky

purple_skwirrel

« Reply #14 on: Apr 28, 2005, 03:40 PM »
Gee, thanks...take a number :lol:

Shit machine gun

« Reply #15 on: Apr 28, 2005, 03:53 PM »
If they tape season 6 this summer for show next april 2006, then shoot the movie next summer, no way it's ready for mid 2006, early 2007 at the earliest.  Plus they'll have to make room in the sched for season 7 (if there is)

I HATE Conky

RangerF150

« Reply #16 on: Apr 28, 2005, 03:54 PM »
Quote from the article :

During interviews in Halifax, Reitman declined to explain why he thinks the TV show is funny.

Why would he not ?
Perhaps he never saw the show ? Perhaps he does not like it but is just doin it for the money ?

If you can think of any valid reason that he would decline to comment on why he thinks the show is funny , then im all ears .
Till then i have to regard someone who declines to comment on why show is funny is in my book not a fan , not interested , and really could not give a rat's arse about the show , do YOU think he should be directing it ?

Cos i don't :-(

Why is he so afraid of saying why the show is funny ?????????????

I don't trust him .......... he ain't no fan :-(
Don't matter how little you know, someone out there know's even less !

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #17 on: Apr 28, 2005, 03:58 PM »
Quote from: Shit machine gun
If they tape season 6 this summer for show next april 2006, then shoot the movie next summer, no way it's ready for mid 2006, early 2007 at the earliest.  Plus they'll have to make room in the sched for season 7 (if there is)

Didn't they film  the Christmas special after season5 ,and then show it to us before season 5 aired? I don't see why they couldn't do it during the long inbetween times.
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

shake

« Reply #18 on: Apr 28, 2005, 04:43 PM »
Quote from: RangerF150
Quote from the article :

During interviews in Halifax, Reitman declined to explain why he thinks the TV show is funny.

Why would he not ?
Perhaps he never saw the show ? Perhaps he does not like it but is just doin it for the money ?

If you can think of any valid reason that he would decline to comment on why he thinks the show is funny , then im all ears .
Till then i have to regard someone who declines to comment on why show is funny is in my book not a fan , not interested , and really could not give a rat's arse about the show , do YOU think he should be directing it ?

Actually Ranger Clattenburg is directing it, Reitman is the Executive Producer.

As for why he didn't answer why he thinks the show is funny, maybe he didn't think he could explain it properly.  I wouldn't make that big a deal out of it.  I know if someone asked me why I thought it was funny, I would probably say "I don't know, it just is."

dantegreen

« Reply #19 on: Apr 28, 2005, 04:48 PM »
The boys were just on "Live at 5", with Mike C and Ivan.
So, I'm guessing that they are all out in Halifax right now. So when they are shooting season 6 this summer, they are also shooting the movie before it, or right after it.. So I would think that mid 2006 is a good bet for it's release.

It's gonna be a 40 day movie shoot, and it's all taking place in dartmouth.
Mike C. said that he may have cameos, but they would be very small, and the persons would be hanging in the background....he doesn't want any major stars taking any spotlight away from the boys.

shake

« Reply #20 on: Apr 28, 2005, 04:50 PM »
Cool thanks for the info Dante, and welcome to the site.

dantegreen

« Reply #21 on: Apr 28, 2005, 04:58 PM »
Thanks Shake. I wish I had found this site sooner. That BBC one sucks.
This site is very nice....thanks to the people who put the hard work into it.

I live in Halifax. And I started watching the TPB ever since the 3 part movie aired back in the day. Can't get enough of the show. I used to live right next to the Woodbine trailer Park in Beaver Bank, where they originally shot the series,  and always would bike around it in loops when I was a wee lad. So weird to see these guys get so much success and keep the show homegrown.

Ivan seems like a nice chap. Him and Mike were kidding around a bit in the interview.

During the Interview with the boys, Bubbles looks at Ricky and says " are you wearing Make up?", and Ricky says " thanks bubs, now the boys in jail are gonna make fun of me". Then Bubbles looks at Jules and Rick, and starts laughing like crazy, with a big grin and repeatedly saying " you guys are wearing makeup!". Hahaha, classic.

dantegreen

« Reply #22 on: Apr 28, 2005, 05:05 PM »
More proof that the movie starts production this summer.

http://www.canada.com/news/national/story.html?id=5dc89abb-ad6c-499d-ba6d-395727eb50a8

"Canadian Press

April 28, 2005

ADVERTISEMENT

HALIFAX (CP) - The Trailer Park Boys are preparing to broaden their horizons with a move from the boob-tube to the silver screen. Trailer Park Boys - The Movie will begin filming in Halifax this summer, the producers announced Thursday. "

J to the R-O-C

• my myspace page
« Reply #23 on: Apr 28, 2005, 05:10 PM »
Quote from: Ghostdog
I'll for sure go and see it and buy the DVD and all that,  but I see it probably going down in the Canadian film history books along side "Duct Tape Forever & Strange Brew".

(Not that there's anything wrong with those two movies I just don't see this film winning any major awards)

okay, first, who cares if it wins 'major' awards?  and second, don't EVER put Duct Tape Forever in the same sentence with Strange Brew.

EVER!!!

lol
"Anybody who wants religion is welcome to it as far as I'm concerned, I support your right to enjoy it. However, I would appreciate it if you exhibited more respect for the rights of those people who do not wish to share your dogma, rapture or necrodestination." - Frank Zappa

Shit machine gun

« Reply #24 on: Apr 28, 2005, 05:36 PM »
Dante's Inferno of Information saves us all alot of arguing.  Thank you my man.  So we may have a movie next year.  That's good news.  Wish I had Live at 5.  Need to get me a dish.  Keep your ear to the beat.

I HATE Conky