Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: TPB Movie Updates & Info - Movie to be released October 6, 2006  (Read 130786 times)

Jonnyboy

• Trailer Park Boys
TPB Feature Film Updates & Info
« Reply #75 on: Jun 07, 2005, 10:09 PM »
Quote from: FireFlames64
Quote from: purple_skwirrel
From IMDb:

Plot Outline: Set before the events of the "Trailer Park Boys" Television show. The pot smoking, rum drinking Ricky and Julian are released from prison where they meet Bubbles for the first time and eventually come to live in the Sunnyvale Trailer Park.

Again, hmmm...  :-k

maybe they get released as kids :S then meet bubbles since Ricky quoted in the Season 3 DVD extra that he has been dealing with court since he was 7 :S maybe it a small timeline of their life. :S MAYBE.

I may be slow, but Julians Grandmother lived in Sunnyvale for a long time, as Julians trailer and the shitmobile was hers, and Ricky's father lived in Sunnyvale for I assume at least 20+ years as he just finished paying off the trailer and I can't remember how many years he said it took him, 25 maybe???

What I think would make sense is that Ricky And Julian go to jail. While they are in jail, Bubbles is left at the park by his parents as they are on the run. When the boys get out of jail, they find Bubs shaking in Julians trailer, and the rest is history.

Jonny

shake

« Reply #76 on: Jun 07, 2005, 10:17 PM »
Quote from: Jonnyboy

maybe they get released as kids :S then meet bubbles since Ricky quoted in the Season 3 DVD extra that he has been dealing with court since he was 7 :S maybe it a small timeline of their life. :S MAYBE.

I may be slow, but Julians Grandmother lived in Sunnyvale for a long time, as Julians trailer and the shitmobile was hers, and Ricky's father lived in Sunnyvale for I assume at least 20+ years as he just finished paying off the trailer and I can't remember how many years he said it took him, 25 maybe???

What I think would make sense is that Ricky And Julian go to jail. While they are in jail, Bubbles is left at the park by his parents as they are on the run. When the boys get out of jail, they find Bubs shaking in Julians trailer, and the rest is history.

It contradicts what they told us in the Christmas special, and in the show for that matter.  I'm with the school of thought that says you shouldn't take the write-up on IMDB too seriously, as was mentioned earlier in the thread.

bigbenjamin

« Reply #77 on: Jun 08, 2005, 12:37 AM »
You don't think they are going to try to graft some Shakespeare onto our Boys in the new movie do you?
WTF is this guy from the Edmonton Sun tryin to say?

Good TV. That is an oxymoron, sort of like the term "reality television." In the past, "good TV" was something that nobody wanted to watch because it often involved culture, Shakespeare and British accents.

So rather than train people to like classic literature, the TV industry just changed the definition of good TV and replaced it with shows like The Sopranos and Trailer Park Boys.

The Sopranos is sort of like Hamlet with pasta and Trailer Park Boys is like Richard III with rum and coke.

The Simpsons on the other hand is not good TV, but great TV. And it's like King Lear with doughnuts but without King Lear.

translation please cheers

Shit machine gun

« Reply #78 on: Jun 08, 2005, 07:22 AM »
What if Julian, Rick and Bubbles are all brothers.  I don't think we've heard much about Jule's parents, possibly Tammy is his mother and Bubb's parents could be explained in any number of ways.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

the beav

« Reply #79 on: Jun 08, 2005, 08:38 AM »
That would be funn ass shit!
I may have alzheimer's...But at least I don't have alzheimer's

http://www.marijuana.org/GraphixFolder/graphix/%2521mbox.gif[/img]

shake

« Reply #81 on: Jun 08, 2005, 10:28 PM »
There's info in this thread about the movie that aren't included in those links, such as the posts about their interviews on Live at 5.  Also some of the links are no longer valid but were quoted in some of the posts, so if you really want to get the scoop you can't just rely on those links.

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #82 on: Jun 09, 2005, 09:23 PM »
my article about the movie is done... if u want to see it either tell me how to post onto here or email me at: fireflames64@gmail.com
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

Canuckguy

« Reply #83 on: Jun 09, 2005, 10:35 PM »
The canoe article... wasnt it about a press conferance? That was my favorite article and it was the newest. I woder what happened to it?

Woops I thought I checked them all for dead links I guess I missed it

Heres the same article :wink: I thought ahead

http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1970&start=0

And this one might have some info you missed

http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2175&start=0

Ricky-ism

• http://www.bobsagetisgod.com
« Reply #84 on: Jun 09, 2005, 11:15 PM »
I pray to Santa that this movie will be good.
"Knock Knock Lahey"

"Whos there Ricky?"

"A fuckin' shitty fuckin' trailer park supervisor who hangs around with a big-gutted drunk elf who thinks he's gettin' us thrown back in jail but he can't 'cause he's got no evidence and he's dumb as fuck, and he's got this other thing goin' on in his head that's tryin' to... twirly around and... fuckin' get... different... FUCK!"

Refuckulator

« Reply #85 on: Jun 09, 2005, 11:40 PM »
sweet thanks a lot CG

Canuckguy

« Reply #86 on: Jun 11, 2005, 07:33 PM »
Heres a new article from Today

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Meeting Mike Clattenburg for the first time, you may notice he's awfully young for the kind of success he's found in Canadian television. In fact, the 30-something writer, director and creator of Trailer Park Boys, the Showcase Television hit series currently in the midst its fifth season, is both young and confident -- confident enough to joke about the stress of being the lead ringmaster of a circus like Trailer Park.

"I can't sleep," Clattenburg says with the deadpan delivery of a stand-up comedian seasoned by years on the road. There's no doubt he's joking, but if insomnia does become an issue, he's got good reason for being a little, as Bubbles might say, "frisky."

Bubbles is the fellow played by Mike Smith, immediately recognizable by his huge Coke-bottle glasses, who lives in a shed in Sunnyvale Trailer Park, the Dartmouth, N.S. setting for the show. Along with Ricky (Robb Wells) and Julian (Jean Paul Tremblay), his two ne'er-do-well friends constantly struggling to get rich quick and stay out of prison, Bubbles is at the heart of the low-brow, low-budget ensemble comedy. This summer, the show is taking a leap few original Canadian TV creations have made: Trailer Park Boys, with the entire cast in tow, is going Hollywood. It's going to be a movie.

Speaking to the press in a stuffy little hotel room in Halifax shortly after the big announcement, and joined by his executive producer, Ivan Reitman, Clattenburg seems sober, collected and yes, confident.

"I'm surprisingly calm," he says. "We've never had a better script."

If the burgeoning international success of his brainchild wasn't enough to give him a pint full of self-assurance, Reitman should serve him one last shot. The Czechoslovakia-born, Canada-bred and Hollywood-crowned director-producer responsible for 35 movies, including comedy classics such as Meatballs and National Lampoon's Animal House, has taken Clattenburg under his wing. Clattenburg and Robb Wells have spent large portions of this year in Los Angeles with Reitman, hammering away at the script.

"We had talked about the story in broad strokes, then we delivered our first draft," says Clattenburg. "We flew down to Los Angeles. Ivan acted as a provocateur, challenged us to make the story better. We jammed some ideas around, and had Robb and I on our toes."

Plugging his muse directly into the rock 'n' roll side of L.A., Clattenburg and Wells stayed at the "Riot Hyatt" on Sunset Strip, the popular 1970s rock star destination mythologized in Cameron Crowe's movie Almost Famous.

"It's where (Zeppelin drummer) John Bonham's friends drove motorcycles through. Paparazzi out front, classic Hollywood action," says Clattenburg.

The version of Trailer Park Boys shown on American TV (via BBC America) is censored, which Clattenburg says is "not nearly as effective as the show here in Canada, but it's good exposure." He says the biggest bonus of their raised profile in the States has been VIP treatment at comedy clubs.

"We get into the Comedy Store for free now," he enthuses. "It's like, 'C'mon in guys, you're back!' We're at ground zero comedy right there."

Clattenburg does admit it helped when he and Wells made friends with the door guys and gave them DVDs of the show. "That's the way you work the town," says Reitman.

Reitman, whose recent production work has included Old School and Road Trip, has a knack for raw comedy like this, with clear ideas on how to translate the magic from TV to the movies without alienating the core fans or confusing potential new ones.

"You have to make a good movie for one audience, " he says. "I think both (TV and movie) audiences are satisfied that way. The only thing we have to worry about is that there's nothing particular in the story that's required viewing prior" to the movie. Clattenburg is quick to add the big screen version will be independent from the series.

"The voice of Trailer Park Boys isn't changing, it's only better realized in a longer format."

Reitman admits the group-of-dishevelled-men-on-a-mission dynamic of Trailer Park can track muddy thematic footprints back to some of his earlier work on blockbuster comedies such as Ghostbusters and Stripes.

"They're funny in a very specific universe, in a society that I like. They have great hearts, great aspirations, even though they get dashed a great deal of the time. It's what life is like in this particular microcosm."

Having grown up in Canada, Reitman can also relate to the specific cultural aspects of that society, but finds the real appeal of Trailer Park Boys is something universal.

"Yes, there's all kinds of subtle references that are particularly juicy, especially if you live on the East Coast of Canada, but mostly it's comedy that anybody can relate to. It's character comedy."

The Trailer Park Boys circus won't pull down the tents after the movie, with a projected release date in 2006. They will have two weeks off after shooting is wrapped this summer, then go back to the set for season No. 6.

"So, we're actually shooting 70 days, " says Clattenburg. "Now I will know what it's like for some directors who shoot a 70-day motion picture."

Reitman admits 60 days is the longest shoot he's helmed. Clattenburg shrugs. "I'm trying to do a few push-ups, trying to get in shape," he says. "It's more athletic than it is artistic."

http://www.canada.com/ottawa/ottawacitizen/news/arts/story.html?id=7429722d-e0c7-4f47-8316-f8779882edd4&page=2

Young Nasty Man

« Reply #87 on: Jun 11, 2005, 08:32 PM »
Quote from: Canuckguy
Reitman should serve him one last shot.

One Last Shot. That seems like a bit of an obscure reference to me.

Canuckguy

« Reply #88 on: Jun 11, 2005, 08:42 PM »
The movie will be totally independant of the TV series.  You wont need to see any TPB shows to enjoy the movie.  Thats an interesting quote I put in red.

Refuckulator

« Reply #89 on: Jun 15, 2005, 11:07 PM »
Sorry for the delay but here is the article I wrote about the movie. Any hints or tips for me? Thanks.

June 15, 2005.

The Boys To The Big Screen

By Matt Bedard

The creators of the hit TV show “Trailer Park Boys” have announced they will be releasing a movie in mid-2006 to all of North America. Clattenburg quotes, “The Movie will be bigger, better, stronger and longer than anything seen on television!" Also, “With crazier antics, better dope, stronger language ... and the mother of all scams.”

Known Hollywood Director, Ivan Reitman (best known for movies like Ghostbusters and Meatballs and Road Trip) will executive produce under Montecito Pictures for the 5 million dollar film, which will star the original characters, Ricky, Julian and Bubbles who will be played by the same actors, Robb Wells (Ricky), John Paul Tremblay (Julian) and Mike Smith (Bubbles). Mike Clattenburg will be directing and producing for the film.

The finishing touches of the storyline were done a few weeks ago in a cabin located in Lunenburg. Very few hints were given and the only things people know about the movie is that it will possibly be a prequel, which could include Ricky and Julian being released from jail and meeting Bubbles for the first time. It is also said that there will be a helicopter chase included in the film.

It was announced that the band, RUSH authorized some of their music to be included in the film. Also it is said that Cory and Trevor will be listening to a lot of RUSH tracks during the film.

The filming for the movie will begin June 27, 2005 at the new trailer park owned by Trailer Park Productions. The park is located in Cole Harbour (Dartmouth). The filming for the movie is expected to last for 45 days.

The trailer park was built last year for the Christmas Special, The Movie and seasons to come. At first the trailer park only had about 12 trailers but now, for the movie, has been enlarged to about 38 trailers.

The show, created by Mike Clattenburg, Robb Wells and John Paul Tremblay was created in 1999 when they together made a short film, which included, “knocking” pets for money and sniffing cocaine. Later on Barrie Dunn (who is now one of the three producers) came up with the idea to put the “Trailer Park Boys” on TV. ShowCase “TV Without Borders” was the channel that was chosen to air the “Trailer Park Boys”.

On May 30th, 2005 the Nova Scotia Film Development Corporation congratulated Robb Wells, John Paul Tremblay, Mike Smith, Mike Clattenburg, Ivan Reitman and all the rest of the cast and crew of Trailer Park Boys for their big move to the big screen.

Canuckguy

« Reply #90 on: Jun 16, 2005, 12:58 AM »
Id suggest the title "From The Trailer Park To The Big Screen"

Also rather than using " marks for the titles you need to make all the titles in italics like z girl suggested.  Even Rush should be in italics not fully capitalized.

This paragraph should look like this...

The show, created by Mike Clattenburg, Robb Wells, and John Paul Tremblay, was created in 1999 when they created a short film together, which had them “knocking off” pets for money and sniffing cocaine. Later on, Barrie Dunn, who is now one of the three producers, came up with the idea to put the Trailer Park Boys on television. Showcase with it's trademark "Television Without Borders" was the channel that was chosen to air the Trailer Park Boys.

Other than that it looks good to me.

I might have put a few too many commas at the start maybe someone can double check my work?  I see a few other commas missing throughout the article, maybe a family member can check them for you.

Canuckguy

« Reply #91 on: Jun 20, 2005, 07:02 PM »
Filming started this morning if any local people wanted to know.

Refuckulator

« Reply #92 on: Jun 20, 2005, 07:41 PM »
This Morning!!!! WHAT! I thought it was June 27!

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
« Reply #93 on: Jun 20, 2005, 10:35 PM »

That's what they wanted you to think:) hehehehe :twisted:
"Jack never even took one step of his own ....yet he traveled so far".

Letter's to my little boy Jack

remlap

« Reply #94 on: Jun 21, 2005, 03:05 AM »
Im sorry if this has been brought up, I dont have the will no time to tread through 9 pages of information and honestly dont want to spoil it for myself.

Is this movie planned to be limited release then to DVD?

Also is there any indication what time frame its going to be set.

Im not sure the planned air date for season 6.
http://img144.echo.cx/img144/7307/rickyandjason6tf.jpg[/img]

I dont care who you are, I mean at some point your gonna do something in your life that you wish you could take it back... But guess what you f*cking cant, and once its done its done, and I guess regret in that way is a form of punishment for things you wish you never did, but you did them.

Quote Ricky "The Cart Boy" Insightfull Words.

Canuckguy

« Reply #95 on: Jun 21, 2005, 03:20 AM »
Quote from: remlap
Im sorry if this has been brought up, I dont have the will no time to tread through 9 pages of information and honestly dont want to spoil it for myself.

Is this movie planned to be limited release then to DVD?

Also is there any indication what time frame its going to be set.

Im not sure the planned air date for season 6.

All your answers can be found in the FAQ its really not long and its a sticky just below this thread.

Maybe they are doing some early filming with just a small group of cast members, and then on the 27th full shooting starts.

Refuckulator

« Reply #96 on: Jun 21, 2005, 08:16 PM »
Ya I think your right CG. trevir told me they havent started yet and are starting June 27.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #97 on: Jun 22, 2005, 03:17 PM »
I saw them on Star TV last night, promoting the movie.  They apparently had a movie launch party in Halifax recently to help promote it.  They were all there and Lahey was still acting drunk so it'll likely continue into next season and the movie.

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

hashhockey69

« Reply #98 on: Jun 23, 2005, 07:46 AM »
How come no one hurd of that lauch party in halifax?

Shit machine gun

« Reply #99 on: Jun 23, 2005, 08:17 AM »
From the video report, it look like industry types and such.  There were definitely no people that would be mistaken as Org'ers.  They were all in suits and dresses except for the cast.  They did have a small news conference type thing with the big background and pictures and such.  Ricky was still wearing the DRVS jacket.

I HATE Conky