Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: TPB Movie Updates & Info - Movie to be released October 6, 2006  (Read 134540 times)

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
Re: TPB Feature Film Updates & Info
« Reply #250 on: Sep 05, 2005, 07:12 PM »
whoops. I didnt look at that. typing to fast again :P

EDIT: Here is another one of Hugh Dillon:

« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2005, 07:15 PM by FireFlames64 »
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

Canuckguy

« Reply #251 on: Sep 05, 2005, 07:16 PM »
Something kinda neat.... there is gonna be another bad guy in the park. The characters name was my dad's name.... thought that was kinda cool.

The movie talk in the article about Hugh Dillon:
With punk mockumentary Hard Core Logo long under his acting belt, Dillon has nabbed roles in movies like Ginger Snaps Back: The Beginning and Assault on Precinct 13 and he's shooting scenes for Trailer Park Boys: The Movie, where he plays Sonny, "the bad guy."

Here's a link to the whole article.
http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2005/09/05/1202366.html

Interesting news JR thanks!

Shit machine gun

« Reply #252 on: Sep 06, 2005, 07:51 AM »
I could picture Hugh Dillon being Donny, but I would like to see a new bad guy named Sonny.  I knew a Sonny when I was growing up, he's about 7 years older and he used to bring a giganitc ghetto blaster on the bus with him to high school.  And you guessed it, heavy metal, played all the way to school. 
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

shake

« Reply #253 on: Sep 06, 2005, 08:16 AM »
Yeah I saw that movie "Hard Core Logo", he's a pretty good actor.  His band The Headstones ain't that bad either.

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #254 on: Sep 06, 2005, 08:15 PM »
I met Hugh Dillon once and he was pretty cocky...Pissed outside and was all cool and shit. The drummer for the Headstones was a cool guy and played a custom Kit of drums that I play too. Descent shit he was. The Headstones were hardcore.
Fishy
P.S I will report in tomorrow.
FN
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

JRock71

• JRock's MySpace
« Reply #255 on: Sep 09, 2005, 03:27 PM »
The Headstones fuckin' rock! It is too bad that they broke up and I know Hugh Dillion has own side project, Hugh Dillion Redemption Choir. But he is actually a talented actor and is a good fit to be in TPB movie.
Go Oilers Go!!! Oilers all the way baby!

Canuckguy

« Reply #256 on: Sep 16, 2005, 05:13 PM »
I just posted an update from someone who went to the Toronto Film Fest but it has a few minor spoilers so I put it in the SPOILER thread.   Its from IMDB forum.

http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=2945.15

Heres a spoiler removed version

david-1161 36 minutes ago (Fri Sep 16 2005 14:33:07 )  Ignore this User | Report Abuse 

UPDATED Fri Sep 16 2005 14:35:43 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I went to it. It was great, Richard Krouse from Reel to Reel introduced Ivan Reitman first with some background info and a 3.5 minute reel of his films. He then interviewed him a little while before they brought on the Trailer Park Boys. Rob Wells, John Paul Tremblay, and Mike Smith were there (all in character), as well as Mike Clattenberg. Richard Krouse interviewed them as well, and they opened it up to questions from the audience.

It would take too long to go into get into all the details. But I can tell you now, that the movie is not a prequel as the plot outline on here suggests. I am not sure if it takes place after season 6, but it definitely takes place after Season 5 (Lucy has her implants). ***************A spoiler removed here*********. For some reason Trinity is played by a different girl (a little chubbier than the girl who plays her on the series). I think the trailer was around 5 minutes long or something. It was hilarious, but you probably can't tell from what I am telling you here.

The name of the film is Trailer Park Boys: The Big Dirty. Apparently Alex Lifeson of Rush and Gord Downie of The Tragically Hip play police officers in the movie. It's shot on super 16 mm instead of DV. Apparently HD isn't good for dayime, so they didn't end up using that (which would have been a possible progression from regular DV).

I got a chance to ask one question (one guy had asked about half a dozen for some reason). I asked whether given the movie, if this upcoming season would be the last. Mike Clattenberg asked if everyone would still keep watching in response, of course many people said yes. So he said he would see how it goes, basically saying that this wouldn't be the last season. I guess they got a couple of years left in them. However, they will only be making 6 episodes for this season due to the filming of the movie (which ended the bulk of its filming a couple of weeks or so ago according to them, there is still some 'interview' stuff to film).

There is plenty more to tell, but I don't want ramble on more than I did. I thought they were going to show clips from the TV series as well, but they didn't.

later,
David
« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2005, 05:24 PM by Canuckguy »

seeeteee

« Reply #257 on: Sep 17, 2005, 08:22 AM »
That's so cool.  The boys need to come to NYC.  Did anyone say when the movie would come out?  I'm coming up to Montreal when it comes up and I want to get to expedia.com as soon as possible (aka before the US dollar is worth even less).

Shit machine gun

« Reply #258 on: Sep 17, 2005, 08:43 AM »
threr a trailer out there for the movie somewhere.

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Canuckguy

« Reply #259 on: Sep 17, 2005, 03:08 PM »
threr a trailer out there for the movie somewhere.

Yah I hope they release that to the movie trailer sites or their own website soon Im dyin to see it.  I wonder if anyone got a bootleg recording from the TO film fest, but I doubt it.

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #260 on: Sep 17, 2005, 05:10 PM »
In a few months the movie will be listed on www.empiretheatres.com
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #261 on: Sep 19, 2005, 12:54 PM »
Thanks Canuckguy for the spoiler-free review!! I wasn't sure if the Boys would be there or not, the TIFF page wasn't explicit about that, I totally wish I could have gone. It's too bad that all the Canadian media is more obsessed with the American stars at the festival than their own Canadian talent, I didn't hear squat about this or any Canadian stars at the festival on TV.
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

bigbenjamin

« Reply #262 on: Sep 20, 2005, 12:24 PM »
Here is an item I discovered today. The bit about the boys was a small part of a longer article:
http://www.jsonline.com/onwisconsin/movies/sep05/356610.asp

Fest a blur of small moments
Star-studded and packed with films, Toronto event flies by

Posted: Sept. 17, 200
a party celebrating the "end of principal photography" for "Trailer Park Boys," based on a Canadian sitcom - a coveted "get" because of the Kobe beef sliders and flavored martinis, eh?

p.s. what’s a slider? Cheers!

southernbelle

« Reply #263 on: Sep 21, 2005, 03:24 PM »
"Sliders" are little, cheap mini-hamburgers commonly sold at Krystal and White Castle chains in the US, perhaps in Canada, I'm not really sure. They are usually a dinner roll, onion, cheese, mustard, ketchup and what they call meat served in a little box or sack. People usually eat more than one at a time. I'm thinking Randy could probably put away 25-30 in one sitting. :lol: They earned the term "slider" because of how quickly they move through the digestive system. Honesty, they are only good after you've have a few too many drinks or if you are a greasy trucker.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face."--Deep Thoughts

Shit machine gun

« Reply #264 on: Sep 21, 2005, 03:26 PM »
Fuck, I'd love me a sac of little burgers right about now.  I wish we had White Castle up here.
Denny's serves something that looks like mini burgers I think.

I HATE Conky

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #265 on: Sep 21, 2005, 06:27 PM »
I remember Burger King used to have mini burgers (about 15 years ago?), they were sold in 4's or something like that.
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

KarateCollie

« Reply #266 on: Sep 21, 2005, 07:37 PM »
Funny you mention mini burgers at Burger King, cause John Paul and Pat Roach used to both work at Burger King and if I'm not mistaken John Paul's father owned it or managed it, read that somewhere in an interview with Pat. :)
KarateCollie

Canuckguy

« Reply #267 on: Sep 21, 2005, 07:48 PM »
I remember Burger King used to have mini burgers (about 15 years ago?), they were sold in 4's or something like that.

Fuck you're like the only other person who can remember that shit.....we used to get them at school for burger day.  4 mini burgers in a pack it was awesome.

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #268 on: Sep 21, 2005, 08:15 PM »
I'm glad I'm not making it up! Sometimes my memory is pretty fuzzy (like mixing up dreams with things that actually happened). One phrase that I use fairly often in everyday life is: 'I don't think I'm lying.'

Mmmm, I just saw a commercial for new burgers at Dairy Queen (bacon & cheddar burger!) :D
« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2005, 08:18 PM by melba the disco queen »

Shit machine gun

« Reply #269 on: Sep 22, 2005, 07:11 AM »
I'm glad I'm not making it up! Sometimes my memory is pretty fuzzy (like mixing up dreams with things that actually happened). One phrase that I use fairly often in everyday life is: 'I don't think I'm lying.'

Mmmm, I just saw a commercial for new burgers at Dairy Queen (bacon & cheddar burger!) :D

That commercial is awesome with the fake arms.  Trying to feed the baby and get a physical.  Oh that was funny.

I HATE Conky

bajjer

• Location: Hidin' in the [TALL] Shit Grass, < 1 hour from Sunnyvale!
« Reply #270 on: Sep 26, 2005, 11:26 AM »
I have some pics taken at a Dartmouth landmark [service station] that have yet to be developed (disposable 35mm). I believe the photos were taken in late july '05.

Oh, and if the TPB want the camera undeveloped I only ask that my NON-TPBs pics be forthcoming - PERIOD!

I am, however, concerned that when the aforementioned pics are developed the photo finishing staff may pilfer the TPB-related pictures and so forth. Hence the long delay in having this film processed!

Cheers,
"Quoting one is plagiarism. Quoting many is research."
--Anonymous
http://www.site.uottawa.ca/~rabielmo/personal/quotes.html
"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."
http://rescomp.stanford.edu/~cheshire/EinsteinQuotes.html
Copyright: Kevin Harris 1995 (may be freely distributed with this acknowledgement)

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #271 on: Oct 06, 2005, 10:44 PM »
I did a search on this to see if the subject has come up before & didn't find anything, so here it goes:
When the movie comes out next year, the Boys will more than likely be doing the talk show circuit (both Canada & US) to promote it. So my question is, which talk shows (from both sides of the border) do you think the Boys will be on? Or will not be on?
For example, I think that they would be on Conan O'Brien, but they would not be on something like Regis & Kelly.
Does this make sense? Is it worth discussing?

Canuckguy

« Reply #272 on: Oct 06, 2005, 11:00 PM »
ET Canada!  :P

Id like to see them on Conan but I doubt that will happen until the movie gets big down south which wont be right away since it only is going to show in Canada.  If its popular they will sell it to a US distributor then it should hit the big screen in smaller US theaters first I would think not sure.

They should do a cameo on corner gas  :P

Drunk_As_Fuck

« Reply #273 on: Oct 06, 2005, 11:04 PM »
Definately worth discussing!  I think your on the right track with what type of show's they'll hit :).  I can see them doin' the late night type stuff and maybe some stuff on "The Man's Network" and perhaps "Ed The Sock" but I don't see them hittin' Oprah or anything like that.  I can see MC and the boys doing much different types of interviews targeted at different audiences but I still can't see ANYONE plugging the show on Oprah or Regis and Kelly.

I also wonder if they will continue the trend of doing interviews and appearances "in character"?  Too bad Bullard wasnt still on the air - now THAT would be an interesting show.  NOTE: That is the ONLY time you will EVER hear me say it is too bad Bullard is still not on the air lol!
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2005, 11:07 PM by Drunk_As_Fuck »

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #274 on: Oct 06, 2005, 11:12 PM »
NOTE: That is the ONLY time you will EVER hear me say it is too bad Bullard is still not on the air lol!

Dang, I hope so! I saw Dave Foley (my favourite from Kids in the Hall) on Bullard once & was bored to tears!! I was so disappointed in the interview! I think that is the only full interview I watched of his show, & man that was a waste of time :(.
Back on topic: I believe they will do interviews in character, they still want to keep the people who've never heard of them wondering if this is all real or not. Judging from the commentary on the season 4 DVD, they really want to keep their personal lives private.
Does Canada have any late night talk shows? What about Pop Cultured? My opinion on Pop Cultured is still up in the air, sometimes I find it really funny, other times not at all. :|
I didn't realize that it wouldn't be released in the US at the same time as Canada, sorry to all our US pals who may have to wait a while before seeing it.
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2005, 11:14 PM by melba the disco queen »