Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: TPB Movie Updates & Info - Movie to be released October 6, 2006  (Read 147419 times)

dantegreen

TPB Feature Film Updates & Info
« Reply #25 on: Apr 28, 2005, 05:44 PM »
No problem SMG. Don't get satellite for Live at 5. They usually just talk about produce and recipes with a local merchant named Pete Luckett, and then flash some weather drawings from 9 year olds. Not missing much. Lol. I was happy to see the boys on it though.

Regarding the movie, Ricky says " I guess they are gonna have some filcrew follow us around a bunch...I hope they are better than the dicks we have now". And Bubbles replies " No Ricky, no, it's gonna be worse! They are gonna yell things like 'cut' and then make us redo things!"

Ricky wasn't impressed with that. Haha.

Then Ricky says " People keep telling me now to dress up in them dress clothes, but I think I look good in track pants".

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

JulianRocks

« Reply #27 on: Apr 28, 2005, 07:16 PM »
When I was at the Marquee Party, they announced that they will be doing the movie first and then Season 6. So the movie to be released in 2006 should be a go! :wink:  Me personally, I can't wait to see it!!! :D

purple_skwirrel

« Reply #28 on: Apr 28, 2005, 07:23 PM »
Quote from: BoTTleKid
Article on CBC.ca

http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2005/04/28/Arts/trailerparkboys050428.html

Cool article, BK...I was half expecting the ORG to be mentioned in it :D

David Heisel

« Reply #29 on: Apr 28, 2005, 07:29 PM »
http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/2005/04/28/1016998-cp.html

beware: season 5 spoliers!!!  :evil:
Smoking much dope lately boys? You guys are fucked!

bigbenjamin

« Reply #30 on: Apr 28, 2005, 07:35 PM »
Quote from: BoTTleKid
Article on CBC.ca

http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2005/04/28/Arts/trailerparkboys050428.html

Excellent article!

Good stuff! Cheers!

DopePlant

« Reply #31 on: Apr 28, 2005, 07:52 PM »
look, if reitman produced ANIMAL HOUSE , then the guy fucking knows comedy and how to make a great film.
not me and you, arsehole... me and her !

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #32 on: Apr 28, 2005, 08:21 PM »
Great information!! Can't wait!
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

Canuckguy

« Reply #33 on: Apr 28, 2005, 09:14 PM »
Very interesting articles......Can't fuckin wait! :D  Thanks for the links guys.

Heres a few pages of articles mostly they all say the same thing and are released by the CP but theres a few on page 2 that look different.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&edition=us&scoring=d&q=%22trailer+park+boys%22

heres one new one I noticed

http://www.thegate.ca/news/more.php?id=849_0_1_0

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #34 on: Apr 28, 2005, 09:38 PM »
does feature film men it is going to the theatre?
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

bigbenjamin

« Reply #35 on: Apr 28, 2005, 09:52 PM »
Quote from: FireFlames64
does feature film men it is going to the theatre?

Yes! The new TPB movie will be in wide release, a summer comedy . . in all likelihood a very big flick!

Large cheers!

Bubblesnut

« Reply #36 on: Apr 29, 2005, 01:48 AM »
So is it going to be an international or a Canadian release only?  Will it get any Hollywood backing?

I also wonder if a lot of the screen time will be spent on developing the characters to introduce them to new audiences, or if it'll be directed at those already familiar with the characters and the program.

Canuckguy

« Reply #37 on: Apr 29, 2005, 02:36 AM »
"The film, to be shot on a modest budget of about $5 million, will be released in Canada in the summer of 2006. From there Reitman hopes to repeat history and drum up interest at a major studio for a U.S. release.

"We want to show it all over the world," said Reitman, the film's exec producer and co-financier. "It's relatively unknown in America, and so was Meatballs, a movie we made for $500,000. We screened (Meatballs) in Hollywood and had three different studios bidding for it. So hopefully, we can do the same here."

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #38 on: Apr 29, 2005, 04:25 AM »
What if...
The movie were still documentary style and it was documenting the Boys making a feature film? They could make it as if an independant film maker has seen the Boys on TV and hired them to be in his movie as actors; the documentary would record the Boys dealing with the crap of making the movie. Ofcourse there would have to be schemes along the way that would land the boys in jail for the premiere of their movie.

Does anyone else care to speculate about the plot of the upcoming movie?
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

Jen

Julian's t-shirts
« Reply #39 on: Apr 29, 2005, 05:59 AM »
Great post Dante and welcome to the ORG......My fave part from the Live At Five segment was when they mentioned wardrobe and asked if Julian would be getting a different color t-shirt - he replied he has five black T-shirts now and is pretty much set. The segment was pretty good compared to the others that they do on there. It showed a press conference with the boys and Michael Volpe announcing they were doing the film to reporters. Then it showed the reporter chatting with the boys who stayed in character and then flashed to her chatting with Mike Clattenburg. & Ivan Reitman and then back to the boys and back to them again. They also included some clips from the show.

The reporter mentioned they are getting luxury treatment now being driven around in different cars etc and Ricky stated he already has a car, its missing a door but alot nicer than alot of the cars he has been driven around in lately.

When she said (working on a film) they make you stop and re do things over and over again, Julian said, "No, we're not gonna do that".

MagicalRetard

« Reply #40 on: Apr 29, 2005, 02:03 PM »
Theres also a pretty good article in the Toronto Sun today about the movie..

SgtMeowsteen

• My Space site
« Reply #41 on: Apr 30, 2005, 08:09 PM »
Can't get in Fire Flames ??? C'mon man. Think Ricky Think!!!
Have your parents drop you off, buy the ticket for you and entreeee........
Or, just get someone in line to get you an extree ticky. And from now on if you need any semi-legit crime advice, PM me or Ol Dirty or Beav any time  :D

Quote from: Ghostdog
Yes! The new TPB movie will be in wide release, a summer comedy . . in all likelihood a very big flick!

Well I wouldn't go that far,  I can't see it getting too much attention in the U.S.,  but hopefully i'm wrong. I'll dish out my $50.00 bucks or whatever it costs now for a couple to go to the movies and laugh my ass off.

OK....so I fly to Vancouver BC, pick up Saucy & his good lady wife after I swing over and get Pipes and treat them all to dinner & a TPB movie.

US movie release problem solved
 :D
You might be sexy Julian....but you can't teach me anything about liquor....
-Fackin Lahey

Becca

« Reply #42 on: Apr 30, 2005, 08:52 PM »
OK....so I fly to Vancouver BC, pick up Saucy & his good lady wife after I swing over and get Pipes and treat them all to dinner & a TPB movie.

US movie release problem solved
 :D

Hey! I'm only one province over ... I'd love to join y'all but I have one request:  Pipes has to pull a "Randy" and be shirtless.   :twisted:

Cheers,
B.

Arlene

« Reply #43 on: Apr 30, 2005, 09:10 PM »
Hay, I just found this about the new movie, not a lot of interesting information but a kinda funny image of the boys.

http://www.insomniacmania.com/news_default.php?id=1968

Cheers!
Arlene
"I hate Disneyland, it primes our kids for Las Vegas."

"Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends"

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2005, 02:01 PM »
i'll have to sneak in or something because I NEED TO SEE THAT MOVIE!
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

Detriot Velvet Smooth

« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2005, 02:03 PM »
Just buy it from the automated ticketer that doesn't check your age.
I wanted a lady, not fuckin cory and trevor

shake

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2005, 05:30 PM »
Quote from: DopePlant
look, if reitman produced ANIMAL HOUSE , then the guy fucking knows comedy and how to make a great film.

Animal House was a classic.  My favorite Reitman produced movie is Stripes.  If anyone has Showcase Action it is on tonight at 7 pm and again at 2:15 am.  Really funny movie, great job by Bill Murray and John Candy.

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2005, 04:50 AM »
Quote from: Arlene
Hay, I just found this about the new movie, not a lot of interesting information but a kinda funny image of the boys.

Cheers!
Arlene

ive seen a huge pic of that tpb drawing with lahey and randy in it too
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

"Just remember when you control the mail you control....information!"

Shit machine gun

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2005, 08:10 AM »
Quote from: Djet3k
Quote from: Arlene

Cheers!
Arlene

ive seen a huge pic of that tpb drawing with lahey and randy in it too

Yeah I got that bad boy printed up poster size on my wall in the basement bar.  It's an artist in Halifax I think.  I'll try and post his name if I can find out and remember.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

seeeteee

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2005, 11:24 AM »
What's the closest Canadian city to New York City?  I think I might have to rent a car and drive up when the movie comes out because I doubt we'll have it in the States and I want to see it opening night.