Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: TPB Movie Updates & Info - Movie to be released October 6, 2006  (Read 131050 times)

teetdogs

TPB Feature Film Updates & Info
« Reply #125 on: Jun 24, 2005, 10:28 AM »
What about Virginias Run the other movie with Rob and JP?

shake

« Reply #126 on: Jun 24, 2005, 10:32 AM »
Yeah that is easy to find for purchase just do a search, not sure about downloads.  The boys only had bit parts.

teetdogs

« Reply #127 on: Jun 24, 2005, 10:35 AM »
One last one what about The Cart Boy I would really like to download it. has anyone ripped it  from the DVD? if not i would be more than willing to tell someone how to do it.

shake

« Reply #128 on: Jun 24, 2005, 10:57 AM »
The Cart Boy is only one of several gems on the DVDs, you really should just buy the DVDs they are well worth it.

CartThief

« Reply #129 on: Jun 24, 2005, 11:23 AM »
FF, You do know that SMG is an ordained minister now.  He can absolve you of your sins for posting them early.  :D
"Once a Trailer Park Boy, Always a Trailer Park Boy..."

Maidy

Julian and Bubbles
« Reply #130 on: Jun 24, 2005, 11:38 AM »
I am confused.  If in one episode, Julian says he's lived in the park 32 years and has known Bubbles all of his life, HOW can that post

"Plot Outline: Set before the events of the "Trailer Park Boys" Television show. The pot smoking, rum drinking Ricky and Julian are released from prison where they meet Bubbles for the first time and eventually come to live in the Sunnyvale Trailer Park. " be accurate??  That indicates to me that they met as adults after getting out of prison.

The Christmas special said that Bubbles was left with Julian's grandma so Julian could look after him.  I wonder how old he was supposed to have been?  In one episode Bubbles seem to indicate that he had been a little boy.  AND perhaps if Julian had lived in the park for 32 years and has "known" Bubbles all of his life...maybe it means that he has known Bubbles all of his life at the trailer park?

I dunno.  But anyway, I am soooooo jonesing for a fix of season six.  [smilie=bath.gif]
Maidy

shake

« Reply #131 on: Jun 24, 2005, 11:52 AM »
That point was already brought up on the first page of the thread there Maidy.  As was mentioned earlier in the thread that plotline IMDB write-up you quoted probably is not reliable.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #132 on: Jun 24, 2005, 12:46 PM »
Quote from: CartThief
FF, You do know that SMG is an ordained minister now.  He can absolve you of your sins for posting them early.  :D

This is the truth.  I am preparing my first sermon and I'll think I'll make it about the boys.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
Re: Julian and Bubbles
« Reply #133 on: Jun 24, 2005, 04:16 PM »
Quote from: Maidy
The Christmas special said that Bubbles was left with Julian's grandma so Julian could look after him.  I wonder how old he was supposed to have been?

I just got a set of the TPB hockey cards today and it says on Bubbles' that he was abandoned by his mother and father when he was 5. On ShitCase.ca there is also a "game" with photo copies of the cards and the info on them.
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

Maidy

Bubbles Info from FireFlame64
« Reply #134 on: Jun 24, 2005, 09:12 PM »
Thanks Flame!!  I appreciate your response.  

Gee, no wonder I love Bubbles so much.  I am one of those sappy mother hen's.lol  Its a fine line between mothering and smothering your man, but I think Bubbles needs me. (Joking)

So, ermm, Julian has known Bubbs 32 years, and Bubbs was 5.  Hmm.  This is sounding better and better.  The "boys" are every bit my age if not older. ROFL  :lol:
Maidy

Refuckulator

« Reply #135 on: Jun 24, 2005, 09:15 PM »
here we go with the age thing again lol... they (John Paul, Robb, Mike S.) are all in they're mid 30's.

Maidy

« Reply #136 on: Jun 25, 2005, 01:41 AM »
Um, guess what?  Robb and Mike C graduated HS the same year I did, making them about 38/39.  Making Jape 41/42 as he is 3 years older than Robb.  Making Mike Smith about 37/38 as he is a year younger than Robb.  :)

I do my homework.
Maidy

Refuckulator

« Reply #137 on: Jun 25, 2005, 02:15 AM »
jeez JP doesnt look 41/42

Maidy

Jape
« Reply #138 on: Jun 25, 2005, 07:56 AM »
LOLOLOLOL

Yes he does if you have seen him without make-up.  But that's ok, with it he only looks to be in his late 20's/early 30's.

I wonder how young I could pass for if I wear that kind of make-up?? I am smallish with a young looking face (thank God), and usually ppl think I am in my mid to late 20's.  Hmmm.  Maybe I will become a make-up artist and be young forever.  NOT.  I would never go back to the 20's.  30 something suits me just fine.  :wink:
Maidy

Refuckulator

« Reply #139 on: Jun 25, 2005, 10:28 AM »
do u a have a pic of him withotu makeup? there is a picture of him on this site somewhere of him lloking straight at the camera with a drink in his hand. im pretty sure it was from the HMV sighning event. did he have make-up in that pic?

Maidy

Jape
« Reply #140 on: Jun 25, 2005, 02:31 PM »
Actually, the photo I saw was on this forum...somewhere.  It would take me a while to find it, but I am sure it can be re-found.  Will try to post one later today or tomorrow, if I find it...or post the area where it is.

Either way, they all look awfully scrumptious to me.  I love Mike Smith the best tho.
Maidy

JulianRocks

Re: Age
« Reply #141 on: Jun 25, 2005, 05:50 PM »
Um, guess what?  Robb and Mike C graduated HS the same year I did, making them about 38/39.  Making Jape 41/42 as he is 3 years older than Robb.  Making Mike Smith about 37/38 as he is a year younger than Robb.  :)

I do my homework.

JP is not in his 40's!!!! He just turned 37 about a month or so ago. He's a Taurus ( April 20 - May 20 ). Where did u think you found this info? There was a thread already about their ages.

http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=963&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

JulianRocks

Re: Jape
« Reply #142 on: Jun 25, 2005, 05:55 PM »
LOLOLOLOL

Yes he does if you have seen him without make-up.

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

JP DOES NOT LOOK OLD!!!!! If you was to meet him in person..... you would eat your words!!!! He is very handsome and very young looking!!!!! 37 isn't old anyway. Oh, that's right..... you had him 42!!! :shock: But 42 isn't old either

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #143 on: Jun 25, 2005, 06:14 PM »
When I saw the Boys at HMV, they all looked pretty much exactly the same as they do on TV. JP was super handsome (& I'm pretty sure I turned into a babbling dork when he spoke to me), I am positive that he wasn't wearing make-up.
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

Refuckulator

« Reply #144 on: Jun 25, 2005, 06:59 PM »
i knew JP wadnt in his 40's.... just like i said... mid-late 30's. JP looks really young i think

Maidy

« Reply #145 on: Jun 25, 2005, 09:32 PM »
I stand by what I found.  But really, age is only a number, is it not?  Jape is a totally handsome dude, as is Robb.  My heart belongs to Mike Smith tho.  BUT please do not take it that I am flaming Jape and Robb.  Far from it.  If I were triplets...that'd be cool...each of us could have a mega crush on all three of them and thing's would be awesome.

BTW I find John D and Barrie D totally hot babes as well.  Maybe I shoulda been quints?

Where I got my information:  

Please read under the part: about Patrick Roach

http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/posting.php?mode=reply&t=1962

Patrick first met John Paul in the summer of 1984 when John Paul agreed to drive Patrick and another friend to PEI to attend Mike Clattenburg's and Robb Wells' high school graduation party. John Paul, who had never met Patrick before this, thought Patrick and his buddy were a couple of "nerds". To Patrick, John Paul was the cool guy with the cool car. By the time they reached Cavendish, Patrick and John Paul became good buds. In fact, they became business partners. Patrick, Robb Wells and John Paul opened a restaurant business on the Island. Eventually Patrick and Robb sold their interests in the business to John Paul, who has expanded his operation to three restaurants. Like Robb Wells, Patrick holds a degree in business from Saint Mary's University in Halifax.

Patrick is married to his wife Candyce and together they have two children.

Please seem same link under: about John Paul Tremblay

John Paul Tremblay (Julian) was born and raised in Halifax, Nova Scotia. When he was a young lad, John Paul (also known as JP and Jape by his friends) moved across the water to Dartmouth - actually to the Dartmouth suburb, Cole Harbour. It was there that he met Robb Wells (Ricky), who is three years his junior.
Maidy

JulianRocks

« Reply #146 on: Jun 25, 2005, 10:00 PM »
Well it's obvious that you got the info on the Showcase website. I have never read Pat Roach's bio. But Showcase has been known to make mistakes before. I honestly don't think that he's 42. But if he is....... DAMN!!! HE'S LOOKIN' AWESOME!!

I honestly can't see them all being the ages you listed. Really..... it doesn't matter but ...........

Becca

« Reply #147 on: Jun 25, 2005, 11:10 PM »
JR's right - Showcase has been known to make an error or 10.

Here's a link that mentions the ages of The Boys and Clattenburg:

http://www.macleans.ca/culture/television/article.jsp?content=20031124_70088_70088

From the article:

But Clattenburg, 36, and co-writers Wells, 32, and Jean Paul Tremblay, 35, who plays Julian, the third main character, have turned their meagre overhead into a virtue.

Since that article was posted in November 2003, that means JPT is 37 this year.  A fine, fine age I must say ... and just because I'm 37 also doesn't mean I'm biased.   :wink:

Cheers,
B.

Maidy

Pax Pax
« Reply #148 on: Jun 25, 2005, 11:25 PM »
Forums and magazines get stuff wrong all the time, sure, so I cannot stand 100% by what was posted.  I truly do not care one way or another how old they are or if they are married or not.  It isnt as if we know them or stand a chance to make them fall in love with us because we are their most ardent of fans.   They are all good looking, talented, funny and I enjoy their show.  They are actors doing a job, yet having fun with it.  And that is good.

We, for the most part, do not know them personally nor will we ever.  So why get all upset over their true ages?  Male and female actors falsify their ages all the time to keep their targeted market age groups.

Remember Robby Benson?  He was playing a teenager into his late 20's.  AND he still looks like he is ONLY in his mid 30's.  What about the Canuck Michael J. Fox?  He marketed himself the same way.  Makeup artists are wonderful people.  I mean, Mr. Lahey (John Dunsworth) has got to be close to 60 if he's a day.  But he certainly doesn't look it on the show.  I woulda thought he MIGHT have been 50.  

Anyway, I am glad we are all great fans and love the TPB's.  I hope it lasts for years.
Maidy

Becca

Re: Pax Pax
« Reply #149 on: Jun 25, 2005, 11:34 PM »
As I stated.  I stand by what was posted.  I truly do not care one way or another how old they are or if they are married or not.  They are all good looking, talented, funny and I enjoy their show.  

Fighting over their age is silly.  We, for the most part, do not know them personally nor will we ever.  So why get all upset over their true ages?  Men falsify their ages same as women.  Big deal.

Who's fighting?  Also, I don't see anyone upset over this discussion.

As for falsifying ages, to each his/her own.  I never lie about my age as  I don't mind getting older.  If you think about it, getting older is much better than the alternative.  :)   (Of course, the next time I meet a much younger man at the pub I may just, *ahem*, lie by omission ... heh .. here's to me, Mrs. Robinson ... Koo Koo Ka Choo!)

Cheers,
B.