Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Official Season 5, Episode Two Thread  (Read 51531 times)

oneblinkforno

Official Season 5, Episode Two Thread
« Reply #175 on: Apr 29, 2005, 06:05 AM »
I loved it.  Any show that has Ricky having fits cracks me up...the scenes of him putting the dryer in the cart....priceless and then sleeping on the ground....following Julian cause he feels left out, talking to ray "Dad can we keep a "couple" grams of hash.....

I think I have to finally admit it "I have a huge crush on him"  LOL

Tallulah

• Seams Like Reality
« Reply #176 on: Apr 29, 2005, 10:43 AM »
Mahvelous!  This episode is such a fine complement to the last, I can only wonder what they're going to do with the rest of the episodes.  It seems that they've sewn shut whatever plot holes were left open from season four in just a few lines (ownership of the park, ownership of CoryandTrevor, etc).

I'm glad they seem to have gotten the "flappy bird brothers" out of the picture quickly, but I hope I see them again just for their unflappable (pun intended) grandmother.  I think the most intriguing line to me was when Julian was hinting at what to do with the hash; "right out in the open".  Is this where the focus on the paved driveway comes into play?

I was also glad to see Lucy's new figure written into the plot (which I think is more evidence that she's wearing one of those water bras or prosthetics, still I think she looked curvier and better fed all over).  I take back the bit about Lucy's hair not being fake, when she's sitting on the sofa with Ricky, you can see a bit of her real hair peeking out over her left shoulder and it's about 6 inches shorter.  Am I the only one who thinks her Barbie doll pink and blue outfit was in itself a comedy classic?  It gets my vote for tackiest outfit seen on ANYONE in the park.

I sortof saw the bit with Trinity coming when she first said "wassup" to Ricky with that do-rag on her head.  I don't just think she's a bottlekid now, she's the ALPHA bottlekid!  They're being very realistic with her growing up, she's got her mother's manipulative wits and her father's schooling in crime- she'll be far more dangerous than either of them someday!   OK come on number 3...

FunkyZebra

« Reply #177 on: Apr 30, 2005, 09:10 AM »
Quote from: Tallulah
I sortof saw the bit with Trinity coming when she first said "wassup" to Ricky with that do-rag on her head.  I don't just think she's a bottlekid now, she's the ALPHA bottlekid!  They're being very realistic with her growing up, she's got her mother's manipulative wits and her father's schooling in crime- she'll be far more dangerous than either of them someday!   OK come on number 3...

I agree with that perdiction, Trinity is the new leadre of the bottle kids (she feeds their habbit with all those shead bottles)

My favourite part of the episode is when Ricky says there were two turn tables and microphone on the dryer he stole from J-Roc...gotta love Beck references
"I'm calling the cops then, right now, the real cops Randy. Not the crazy fake trailer park drunk fat guy crazy cops!"

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #178 on: Apr 30, 2005, 05:26 PM »
Quote from: FunkyZebra
My favourite part of the episode is when Ricky says there were two turn tables and microphone on the dryer he stole from J-Roc...gotta love Beck references

Finally!! Someone else noticed this, I talked about this on the first page of this thread, and when no one else mentioned it (I personally thought it was hilarious!) I thought maybe there were no other Beck fans here! Thanks FunkyZebra for renewing my faith!
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

SgtMeowsteen

• My Space site
« Reply #179 on: Apr 30, 2005, 06:11 PM »
Quote from: melba the disco queen
My favourite line (as of a couple minutes after watching the episode): "Two turn-tables and a fuckin' microphone"!! Man, that episode was so amazing! So hilarious!

I think Melba should list this post in the "What are you listening to right now" thread.

Beck-"Where it's at" (Ricky Remix)  :lol:
You might be sexy Julian....but you can't teach me anything about liquor....
-Fackin Lahey

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #180 on: Apr 30, 2005, 06:24 PM »
Will do Sarge!
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

SgtMeowsteen

• My Space site
« Reply #181 on: Apr 30, 2005, 06:31 PM »
Quote from: JulianRocks
Loved it when Julian didn't give in to Lahey's phony friendship bit.

When Jools leaned into Lahey with that intense, pissed off look I got real intimidated myself. Holy cow! I would never want to get on Jools's bad side. All of the sudden I mentaly reverted back to 12 years old with my father yellin' at me. I found myself a second later sucking my thumb and in the fetal position in the corner of the living room :lol:

Top notch acting JP !

Quote from: the beav
"One man's trizzash, nomesayn'" ~ JRoc  :lol:

I caught that when I watched it for the second time. Too funny Beav :lol:
You might be sexy Julian....but you can't teach me anything about liquor....
-Fackin Lahey

Jonnyboy

• Trailer Park Boys
« Reply #182 on: Apr 30, 2005, 09:00 PM »
Quote from: melba the disco queen
Quote from: FunkyZebra

Finally!! Someone else noticed this, I talked about this on the first page of this thread, and when no one else mentioned it (I personally thought it was hilarious!) I thought maybe there were no other Beck fans here! Thanks FunkyZebra for renewing my faith!

I saw your post way back there on the first page, but I have to admit I missed it the first time around. I guess I was to busy busting a gut over the "J Roc Baby" playing from the keyboard. I made sure to keep my ears open for it when I watched it on Thursday.

Look what we got here. 2 Turn tables and a fuckin microphone. I kept waiting for a "Wheres it at" to follow. LOL

Jonny

oneblinkforno

« Reply #183 on: May 01, 2005, 11:54 AM »
Not sure if anyone mentioned it BUT I was so sure that in S4, lucy was in a relationship more with cory/trevor...were they not gonna get engaged when Ricky was gonna engaged with Barb??

She stated full out that she was not in her interview when she basically makes them her little doggies...

mysterious wounds....hahahaha

shake

« Reply #184 on: May 01, 2005, 12:04 PM »
Yeah oneblink I was kinda surprised by Sarah's interview as well.  In season 4 Ricky's said "why are you always sticking up for these guys, it's not like you're banging them".  Then there was an awkward silence, I took that to mean she was banging them.  Apparently not though, poor sods.

axxerd

« Reply #185 on: May 01, 2005, 12:34 PM »
Quote from: shake
Yeah oneblink I was kinda surprised by Sarah's interview as well.  In season 4 Ricky's said "why are you always sticking up for these guys, it's not like you're banging them".  Then there was an awkward silence, I took that to mean she was banging them.  Apparently not though, poor sods.

I disagree.  I think she is, but she tried to cover it up in her interview.  She doesn't want someone (or people in general) to know she has two of them on the go, and thus lied to the camera crew.  Season 4 with the awkward silence and refering to them as her boyfriends etc... leads me to believe this.  However, she may have also been using them to fuck over Ricky and Julian in order to get some of that money.

shake

« Reply #186 on: May 01, 2005, 12:42 PM »
Yeah axxerd, she could be lying about not banging them, but I guess we have to take what she says at face value, until the writers tell us differently.

Detriot Velvet Smooth

« Reply #187 on: May 01, 2005, 01:19 PM »
I think that Sarah was jsut trying to protect them, as well as use them for personal gain.
I wanted a lady, not fuckin cory and trevor

axxerd

« Reply #188 on: May 02, 2005, 12:44 AM »
Quote from: Detriot Velvet Smooth
I think that Sarah was jsut trying to protect them, as well as use them for personal gain.

Well the writers already told us in Season 4 that they were her boyfriends, and the awkward silence about the banging was obvious.

nomesayin

« Reply #189 on: May 03, 2005, 12:16 PM »
YAY!  My series 4 DVD's showed up  and I finally downloaded the first two episodes of season 5.  I liked them both but I liked two much better.  I watched them in a row so that may have helped.  I need to watch them again because the first one is more of a blur.  I loved the two turntables and a fuckin' microphone reference.

I am off to find episode 3.  Hopefully I can catch up.
Ricky, member I told you about thinking about each word before you say it?  One of those words isn't real...

Paddy

« Reply #190 on: May 21, 2005, 02:28 PM »
I know this thread is more or less done and dusted but I've only just watched episodes 1 and 2 of season 5 and simply wanted to say how brilliant they both were.

Ep - 2 was so jam packed with wonderful stuff I can't wait to watch it again, and again and again.............................................. :lol:  :lol:

moncton velvet smooth

Re: Official Season 5, Episode Two Thread
« Reply #191 on: Sep 28, 2011, 03:14 AM »
   I think this is the only time we see Ricky's hair out of place. In that it's like the gas-siphoning episode of Season 3 where Julian is out of rum. Notice Trevor pockets the cookie Dennis and Terry's grandmother gives him. Awesome episode.
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then