Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Removing a Topic  (Read 2081 times)

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
Removing a Topic
« on: Apr 21, 2005, 05:43 PM »
Here's just a suggestion, if you are going to remove someones topic mabey you could PM them or email them to let them know why.I think certain "Mods" are getting trigger happy :wink:
"Jack never even took one step of his own ....yet he traveled so far".

Letter's to my little boy Jack

cat-dog

Removing a Topic
« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 2005, 07:12 PM »
Which "Mods" are you thinking of being trigger happy?

I removed your topic because it was pointing out that a user made a typo while picking a username - and associating that with the term "newbies" (I didn't see the connection) - which I felt was pretty unwelcoming to many "new" visitors checking out the site.

Mis-typing a username is hardly an offense worthy of getting it's own topic/flaming.

Sorry for the trouble
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
Removing a Topic
« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 2005, 07:15 PM »
Here's an idea...maybe you should PM the mod's to find out why your topic was deleted. I'm pretty sure they are busy enough keepin' this park clean. They have always explained things well to me.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

Canuckguy

Removing a Topic
« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2005, 07:23 PM »
Ok boys lets just relax smoke a J and calm the fuck down!!! No need to get into a gun fight over this. Now fuck off I got work to do!

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
Removing a Topic
« Reply #4 on: Apr 21, 2005, 07:27 PM »
CD has the biggest gun. Don't fuck with him! (I never would).
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
Such a happy human race"

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
Removing a Topic
« Reply #5 on: Apr 21, 2005, 07:41 PM »
Quote from: cat-dog
Which "Mods" are you thinking of being trigger happy?

I removed your topic because it was pointing out that a user made a typo while picking a username - and associating that with the term "newbies" (I didn't see the connection) - which I felt was pretty unwelcoming to many "new" visitors checking out the site.

Mis-typing a username is hardly an offense worthy of getting it's own topic/flaming.

Sorry for the trouble

Why didn't you just let me know?...I thought it was just some idiot copyin' someone else.Sorry didn't mean to "Flame" anyone.

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
Removing a Topic
« Reply #6 on: Apr 21, 2005, 07:44 PM »
I blame every "glitch" on the mods. Hey, they are in controll here. The only exception would be server troubles. No one else can edit anyone else's post's.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
Such a happy human race"

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
Removing a Topic
« Reply #7 on: Apr 21, 2005, 07:47 PM »
:roll: Hold that door open Beav

Canuckguy

Removing a Topic
« Reply #8 on: Apr 21, 2005, 07:50 PM »
Its cool GD you are a veteran TPB fan and I think everyone respects your opionion here. I dont think cd thought you were really flaming much, just giving your thoughts on the subject.  I also agree its a good idea to pm the person when removing a topic completely.  When moving a topic I dont think it requires a PM but for total removal just a quick PM would help defuse the situation. :P  But sometimes people are really busy and don't have time to PM people which I can also understand.  But it would be good to send out a quick PM imo.

cat-dog

Removing a Topic
« Reply #9 on: Apr 21, 2005, 08:15 PM »
Quote from: Canuckguy
I dont think cd thought you were really flaming much, just giving your thoughts on the subject.

^^ plus I just thought that a matter like this shouldn't require a public thread - if you needed to report a user "copying" someone elses name, duplicate accounts, multiple usernames, etc.. there's 3 admins who have access to delete users - and a simple PM or email would have been better. We're pretty easy to contact/approach.

I took care of the problem by deleting the erroneously spelled account - so your original thread was out of context at that point - and thusly removed.

Been super busy as of late, so sorry about leaving you high & dry on the PM forefront.
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
Removing a Topic
« Reply #10 on: Apr 21, 2005, 08:25 PM »
I'm sure CD didn't mean to "Throw the baby out with the bath water" Just a turn of phrase.
Keep on, keeping on.
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
Such a happy human race"

bigbenjamin

Removing a Topic
« Reply #11 on: Apr 21, 2005, 08:41 PM »
I don't always send a PM when cleaning threads of negative debris - if i kill a whole thread, then yes, you're gonna get the news, because you probably facked up. I think the more skillfully we learn to moderate, the less intrusive and noticable it will be. I am a beat cop, not James Bond. I love to mix and mingle - find out how members really feel - that is the way I moderate. Talk to me in PM and we can always find a solution. Cheers!