Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Official Season 5, Episode One Thread  (Read 73021 times)

phoebefuzzbun

Official Season 5, Episode One Thread
« Reply #250 on: Apr 22, 2005, 01:54 PM »
Just go to Google and check out these two sites:

Ares.com             &    BitTorrent

:D Love to spread the TPB love around the US

Im showing TPB to all my family, friends and coworkers.  Ive already got people hooked.  Ive got a girlfriend coming over tonight from San Francisco region and I'm sitting her down to watch for the first time tonight.   :twisted:
LIKE SHIT AND STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE

beachmonkey

« Reply #251 on: Apr 22, 2005, 02:21 PM »
Thankyou guys...i'll give it a try...and let you know what i think of the episode...YOU ARE MY HEROS....

XO
Da Monkey
Cause when the right hook comes out, crazy mother fuckers like you get knocked out!

DopePlant

« Reply #252 on: Apr 22, 2005, 03:55 PM »
i enjoyed the episode, it wasnt super funny but i still laughed quite a bit and liked the experience...

the thing i dont like is the fake trailer park, its so obvious and makes it seem fake. the sky looks fake , its fucked up.

cant wait for ep 2 .... word up ,
not me and you, arsehole... me and her !

shake

« Reply #253 on: Apr 22, 2005, 05:17 PM »
Quote from: DopePlant
i enjoyed the episode, it wasnt super funny but i still laughed quite a bit and liked the experience...

the thing i dont like is the fake trailer park, its so obvious and makes it seem fake. the sky looks fake , its fucked up.

Ha ha, the sky isn't fake.  It is a lot of land where they just brought in a bunch of old trailers and made it into their own private trailer park.

It looked like a regular trailer park, and sky to me.

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
« Reply #254 on: Apr 22, 2005, 05:19 PM »
Quote from: shake
Quote from: DopePlant

Ha ha, the sky isn't fake.  It is a lot of land where they just brought in a bunch of old trailers and made it into their own private trailer park.

It looked like a regular trailer park, and sky to me.

The park looks great. I did think that the sky behind Lahey in the first Randy/Lahey scene looked fake the first few times I saw it, but now I think it's probably real.
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

Canuckguy

« Reply #255 on: Apr 22, 2005, 05:38 PM »
Quote from: Tipsy
Julians monologue at the start while still in jail was weak and out of character, seemed he was being a little "Ricky".  Other then that this was a good episode IMHO.

Peace

Tip

Tipsy from Showcase?!! Holy fuck hows it goin dude?!

doublewide

« Reply #256 on: Apr 22, 2005, 07:55 PM »
Quote from: Ghostdog
Did anyone else notice that the cab driver was the hotel owner from an earlier episode.

Hey! Are you staring at my gut?
Pepperoni. It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Saucy Bastard

Re: Best is yet to come
« Reply #257 on: Apr 22, 2005, 10:06 PM »
Quote from: Jen

I was abit surprised at two things tho - Julian picking up the gun when that would be more like something Ricky would do.

Yes this bothered me too ,it seemed out of character to be so irresponsible with a firearm ,now if it had been Ricky.... :lol:  :guns:
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

Ray_the_canadian

« Reply #258 on: Apr 23, 2005, 01:29 AM »
I think its great that the park is a set now.  Imagine all the things they can do on the set now.  They were really limited on what they could do in the real trailer parks because people actually live there.  They can now film anytime they want and do anything they want.

2StonedBirds

« Reply #259 on: Apr 23, 2005, 06:44 AM »
I watched the episode again on Thurday night, and I have to say I enjoyed it more the second go around. This show is so cerebral that you really have to pay attention to everything; no line of dialogue is a throw-away, no shot is meaningless, I love it!! :D

I need a shit time machine to transport me to Sunday night at 9pm, I really can't wait for the next episode...
-Don't let me piss myself!!- `Ricky`

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
« Reply #260 on: Apr 23, 2005, 09:17 AM »
Quote from: 2StonedBirds
I watched the episode again on Thurday night, and I have to say I enjoyed it more the second go around. This show is so cerebral that you really have to pay attention to everything; no line of dialogue is a throw-away, no shot is meaningless, I love it!! :D

I need a shit time machine to transport me to Sunday night at 9pm, I really can't wait for the next episode...

I totally agree with you. After watchign Give Peace A Chance a few times, I am just so pleased with it. Things strike me funny I hadn't noticed before. And like you said, nothing in the episode is meaningless. I feel like once you understand the plot of the episode you can quit thinking about that and just think more about the details, and the details are what really gets you laughing.

I'm so excited about Sunday night that last night, I had dreams about episode 2.  :oops:  :lol:
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

oneblinkforno

« Reply #261 on: Apr 23, 2005, 10:00 AM »
everyone has mostly said what I would have said....especially how it seemed like the quickest 1/2 hour of my life!  

additional comments:

Is that really water in Lahey's bottle???  
I loved the way lucys hair extensions were placed over her boobs!
I laughed the hardest during the pee scene/ricky throwing the pillow too!
Cant get over how much trinty has grown!

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #262 on: Apr 23, 2005, 08:10 PM »
I think that I'm looking foreward to epi 2 more than I was for #1 .After watching it 3 times ,I see how much work the writers put into all the little details .This is gonna be a great season!!
Now ,I wonder if we will be seeing any more of Treena. They at least need to have an explanation of where the heck she went.
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

Bubblesnut

« Reply #263 on: Apr 24, 2005, 04:30 AM »
I thought this episode was kind of slow and weak.  Though I'm sure it's really meant more of a build up to bigger and better things to come.

The Japanese pot dealers were good though.

cat-dog

« Reply #264 on: Apr 24, 2005, 01:24 PM »
Quote from: saucy bastard
I think that I'm looking foreward to epi 2 more than I was for #1 .After watching it 3 times ,I see how much work the writers put into all the little details .This is gonna be a great season!!
Now ,I wonder if we will be seeing any more of Treena. They at least need to have an explanation of where the heck she went.

yeah, you never know who might be back this season.. some people are even saying levi might make an appearance after mike c's "hints" :)

they did mention her last season though when lahey was trying to get barb to marry him again (so he could control the park and extinguish ricky's external shitflame)

they'll need a better explanation than tommy chong's character has for his return to that 70's show "Where were you Leo? - I dunno" :)
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

bigbenjamin

« Reply #265 on: Apr 24, 2005, 04:19 PM »
I agree, it would be great to have Treena back on the show, but how to explain her lengthy absence . . .

My wife just suggested that Treena returns to the park with the guy she ran away from home with. Who this guy might be, I dunno?

(Ellen Page has been busy making small films here and there . . maybe she is not available?)

Cheers!

Canuckguy

« Reply #266 on: Apr 24, 2005, 05:40 PM »
Treena lives with her mom Barb....not in the park...and she is kept away from her dad.  She only visits him for a few weeks every summer (which we dont see except for that one summer)

Doesnt take a rocket appliance to figure out a way to fit her back into the story :D

cat-dog

« Reply #267 on: Apr 24, 2005, 06:06 PM »
But Barb lives IN the park?
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

Detriot Velvet Smooth

« Reply #268 on: Apr 24, 2005, 06:14 PM »
Maybe they could just bring her back in and pretend like nothing happened, the way she left and Barb could blame Lahey for not taking care of her.
I wanted a lady, not fuckin cory and trevor

purple_skwirrel

« Reply #269 on: Apr 24, 2005, 07:14 PM »
Maybe she was off visiting rich relatives in Europe or something...

bigbenjamin

« Reply #270 on: Apr 24, 2005, 07:27 PM »
Quote from: purple_skwirrel
Maybe she was off visiting rich relatives in Europe or something...

Okay PS, let's say Treena went away to stay with her grandmother . . now she is back in the park because . . 1)once a trailer park girl, always a TPG    or   2) she has been accepted on scholarship to Dalhousie University and needs to stay with her father and Randy to save money.   or  3)her grandmother died and she no place else to go.

C'mon Treena!

Cheers!

purple_skwirrel

« Reply #271 on: Apr 24, 2005, 08:34 PM »
LOL@Ben - hate to say it, but #3 sounds like it fits the best.

SWISH

« Reply #272 on: Apr 27, 2005, 09:25 PM »
It's been funny noticing how the phrase "cut your piss off" gets thrown around more and more in the newer episodes. Did you guys get a load of Bubbles pissing "freestyle" (no hands)? :D
MR. LAHEY I GOT SOAP IN MY EYES!

Detriot Velvet Smooth

« Reply #273 on: Apr 27, 2005, 10:27 PM »
Ever see a fire hose with nobody holding it? Thats what happens when I go freestyle.
I wanted a lady, not fuckin cory and trevor

SWISH

« Reply #274 on: Apr 27, 2005, 10:34 PM »
love the sig, DVS. That dude who yelled that is only known as "Danny" I think (which actually just sounds like Mike Smith yelling), always cracks me up. I hope we get to "hear" more of him this season!
MR. LAHEY I GOT SOAP IN MY EYES!