Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Official Season 5, Episode One Thread  (Read 72985 times)

misfit_ramone_TylerCat

Official Season 5, Episode One Thread
« Reply #150 on: Apr 18, 2005, 05:57 PM »
alrite after reading all those posts heres wat i think:

i thoguht this episode was GREAT and very intense. i think it went by fast and very harsh becuase it was doing a quick overview of wat was to come for that season judging by all the stuff that happened. it was a pre-cursor and it builds suspenese for hte rest of the season. hey isi t just me or did julian swear alot more this episode? and those two drug dealers i hope we see them again they were very interesting anyways i think this episode rocked
We All Live In Fear Of Something
We All Dissappear Like Nothing
We All Live in Fear Of Something
We All Are Equal Less Than Nothing
-demon hunter

bigbenjamin

« Reply #151 on: Apr 18, 2005, 06:04 PM »
I agree with Ranger, canuck and c.d. about Give Peace A Chance - it was a very satisfying start to the season. I think it probably signals a back-to-basics kinda  season, and maybe a slight deepening of character development.
Somebody said earlier that Ricky didn't have time for Trinity because he was chasin the money, but I think it's clear he was just hell-bent on croaking C & T.
Even after the cops warned him he was jumping up on the porch after them. It was hilarious and real when C & T went running off - I would too if Ricky came after me with blood in his eyes!!! Can't wait for eppy #2!
Big Cheers!

purple_skwirrel

« Reply #152 on: Apr 18, 2005, 06:06 PM »
'Just finished watching it a second time.  I felt a lot more settled (since I had a "TPB fix" last night), so I was able to watch it a little more closely.  I still wish there was more, but I did enjoy it a wee bit more the second time around :wink:

JulianRocks

« Reply #153 on: Apr 18, 2005, 06:14 PM »
Quote from: saucy bastard
Just re watched the show
Randy sure has a thing about Bumble Bees ,eh?  :lol:  :lol:

I am begining to love the scene at the dealers house! Classic TPB situation!  The Grandma serving sake and sushi! As soon as they said that their partener was "old school" ,I knew that we would be seeing Cyrus!

So a few inconcistancies have been pointed out ,such as What happened to Vince The Pince??????

But here is a Big question. Randy said that Julians trailer was auctioned off under the "Proceeds of crime act" ...what proceeds? The cops didn't seize any $$$ ,the fake drivers licence was Bubbles ,the 15 joints were in Rickys pocket . Julian even threw one of Rickys joints away before harvesting. The pot was all picked up by the courier. We didn't even see Julian get arrested, so why did he  end up in jail at all?

First off .... I'll say that I loved the new episode! Julian bench pressing......should have had his shirt off!!!! =P~  Many funny parts in it. But it's like everyone has been saying..... they had to fill in the gaps with this episode.
But about Vince The Pince.....maybe the judge realized he was tricked and made Vince The Pince go home ( maybe to Ray? ).  I think Julian was sent to jail cause he was involved with everything that happened. But you're right saucy.....technically they didn't catch him with anything. I guess you can chalk it up to being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Regardless of it all..... it was great and I'm looking forward to seeing more. You know Lahey is totally up to something. Didn't anyone find it funny that Mr.Lahey had a paving roller going over the driveway? My dad worked in the paving business for many years. You can't roll out cold asphalt and if it was warm...you would have to be wearing special boots.

Detriot Velvet Smooth

« Reply #154 on: Apr 18, 2005, 06:17 PM »
Quote from: AXEMAN
Quote from: Detriot Velvet Smooth
When I visted the set I noticed the Monty Carlo but not the spinners

they were on the car when i was on set.  They were filming shit for next weeks episode that day.

Thats when I went on set too who do you know to get you on set...PM me back so we don't clog this thread.
I wanted a lady, not fuckin cory and trevor

EShitevus

« Reply #155 on: Apr 18, 2005, 06:25 PM »
LOL Funny Episode!
Lahey sorry for all the shit he cause Ricky and Julian! Priceless
So many great parts all around good episode, But I find them to be too short cuz I always gotta know whats gonna happen next, Did think the Terry scene was a little long. SO many good quotes that I Just CANT remember for some reason.
Green Bastard, From Parts Unknown.

bigbenjamin

« Reply #156 on: Apr 18, 2005, 06:32 PM »
Terry scene too long? Shit I enjoyed every minute - with the poor granny wandering in and out with refreshments while her idiot grandsons flounce around with their tools hangin out!!!
Oh, and welcome to the ORG, EShitevus. Why not go to our introductions area and let people know a bit about you? Get acquainted with yr fellow inmates. Cheers!

EShitevus

« Reply #157 on: Apr 18, 2005, 07:02 PM »
Cheers ben, yeah showcase forums are down so il use this forum now.
Green Bastard, From Parts Unknown.

Chantal

« Reply #158 on: Apr 18, 2005, 07:15 PM »
Shit, Give Peace A Chance was AWESOME! Couldn’t even think straight at school, I was so damn worked up about it. Best part, probably when Lahey was talking to the taxi driver. “… and the third guy is holding a drink and wearing a sexy black t-shirt.” That cracked me up. :lol:

Can’t wait till next Sunday!!!

smokybunny

« Reply #159 on: Apr 18, 2005, 08:09 PM »
Someone already posted in reference to this, but MAYBE Bubbs will get his shed back, Ricky will get the trailer, and Julian will get his car back to live in after Ray goes to jail.
I got a grey kitty, white one, and a tabby too/
And a big orange guy who put snakes in my shoes/
Mad MC skills, leave ya struck, and I roll with ma kitties, and I'am hard as f---/

I am down with Plato and Socrates/
And I like to get busy with all the ladies.
Grunt, grunt/
sumthin,' sumthin,' sumthin,'/
Grunt/
Up in ma shed, up in ma shed...

Fishyneil

• Doritos commercial
« Reply #160 on: Apr 18, 2005, 08:19 PM »
Bubble's shed was used as a depository for Ray's addiction. Easily cleaned up but will always smell like lick her (I can't spell liquor tonight).
Fishy
"So why would you care
To get out of this place
You and me and all our friends
Such a happy human race"

TPB FAQ's... http://www.trailerparkboys.org/forums/index.php?topic=6806.0

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
« Reply #161 on: Apr 18, 2005, 09:14 PM »
I really laughed when Ray said "It's kinda fuckin complicated!"
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

hunnerbun

« Reply #162 on: Apr 18, 2005, 09:51 PM »
WOW...Man I am away for a few hours and a whole shit storm breaks loose!  I got dinged with a nasty fucking virus last night...shut my whole compuiter down...hubby got er all cleaned up and whammo...same thing all over again this morning!  I'm good to go now.

OK...where to begin..I didn't HATE the epi, I just didn't find it as laugh out loud funny as some others.  

Things I didn't like...
the scene at Terry's trailer...funny at first, but I too thought it went on a bit too long.
I guess I was maybe expecting more about Ray and the VLT addiction...
there was more stuff, but I can't put it into words...just a feeling.  I think part of the problem is something the actors have no control over.  In the first 3 seasons, they just weren't as experienced acting, but as the seasons have gone on, they have grown and gotten better.  Unfortunately this is not always a good thing...there were a couple of times last night when I felt that Robb was "acting" as oppposed to just "being" Ricky...one in particular was the scene with Lahey apologising to him...I just thought it was too "acted" and not really mocumentary!
I didn't like the "New and Improved" Sober Jim Lahey...but that will go to hell in a handbasket soon enough I am sure...gawd I hope so anyway!

OK...enough of the bad, here's what I liked:

J-Roc, Tyrone and DVS eating cereal in the kitchen...I don't know why but that scene was hilarious to me...maybe I have seen enough stoned people with the munchies...so much so that they will eat anything like they have been starving for a week!
The Liquorlanch...funny as shit.
Randy and Mr. Lahey playing happy family...nice!
I loved Barb when she was talking about screwing over Cory and Trevor, I love that smug look she gets on her face.
I loved when Cyrus pulled up with the same Vette with the red spray paint trying to cover up all the black paint from last season.
Pissing scene...classic...especially Bubs with his hands in his back pocket.  Also did you notice that Julian pissed for the longest time...while Bub's was talking there was J and R pissing,  then while Ricky was talking he was pissing with Bub's ...

OK...thats it for now....once I watch it again, I am sure I'll find more stuff that I like, then stuff I don't like!
My God...what a drunk horror show!

cat-dog

« Reply #163 on: Apr 18, 2005, 10:14 PM »
Quote from: BoTTleKid
I really laughed when Ray said "It's kinda fuckin complicated!"

haha I loved the "Yeah" too :)
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

Becca

« Reply #164 on: Apr 19, 2005, 12:12 AM »
Also did you notice that Julian pissed for the longest time...

Hahaha, I noticed that and wondered, "Just how big is that boy's bladder that it could hold that much rum & coke?" Heh.

Cheers,
B.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #165 on: Apr 19, 2005, 07:30 AM »
I too have had a chance to rewatch the show a couple times.  Better than I had originally given credit for.  Looking forward to a good season.

As for the cats, it looks like Bub's is shit out of luck.  They are likely all gone now that the shed is full of empty liquor bottles.  No place to live=some fucked kitties.

Does anyone know if terry's rims were the spinning hubcaps or the real deal?  If they were the Canadian Tire spinning hubcaps then the episode is 24% better.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

AXEMAN

« Reply #166 on: Apr 19, 2005, 07:57 AM »
Quote from: Shit machine gun
Does anyone know if terry's rims were the spinning hubcaps or the real deal?  If they were the Canadian Tire spinning hubcaps then the episode is 24% better.

I can confirm that those spinner were definitly canadian tire/wal-mart quality plastic!!! when i was on set i gave those fuckers a little spin.

heres a pic that i took of them:

[attachment deleted by admin]

shake

« Reply #167 on: Apr 19, 2005, 08:19 AM »
Ha ha, cool Axeman

2StonedBirds

« Reply #168 on: Apr 19, 2005, 08:38 AM »
A quick note about Lahey, that may point to his "being up to something" as has been suggested by some here. When they first mention that he has been sober, it was 1 month, but when he is talking to Ricky, well, when Ricky was going to kill him, he says he has been sober for 2 months...

Suspicious?? I think so :D

-Don't let me piss myself!!- `Ricky`

Shit machine gun

« Reply #169 on: Apr 19, 2005, 08:54 AM »
Quote from: Shit machine gun

I can confirm that those spinner were definitly canadian tire/wal-mart quality plastic!!! when i was on set i gave those fuckers a little spin.

I'm trying to get my wife to let me buy a set for the minivan.  I think it would be hilarious but since she drives it she has last say.  The Monte Carlo is pretty sweet.  Thanks for the behind the scene pics.

There's a guy around here driving a Pontiac Sunfire 4dr sedan, completely stock, no tint, nothing, but he's got the plastic spinning hubcaps, except only 3 move.  Funny shit.

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
« Reply #170 on: Apr 19, 2005, 11:53 AM »
Quote from: 2StonedBirds
A quick note about Lahey, that may point to his "being up to something" as has been suggested by some here. When they first mention that he has been sober, it was 1 month, but when he is talking to Ricky, well, when Ricky was going to kill him, he says he has been sober for 2 months...

Oh, Lahey won't last long!!
 :guinness:
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

purple_skwirrel

« Reply #171 on: Apr 19, 2005, 01:25 PM »
Quote from: 2StonedBirds

Yeah, I sorta noticed that, too, after watching it again last night...  Hmmm  :-k

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #172 on: Apr 19, 2005, 01:35 PM »

The pic is labeled "Julians Car" ,is this a Spoiler or a misprint??
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

Shit machine gun

« Reply #173 on: Apr 19, 2005, 02:06 PM »
I think it's probably a misprint, but Julian may be in the market after losing the mustang.  Wonder what happened to that.  Probably auctioned off like the trailer.

I HATE Conky

AXEMAN

« Reply #174 on: Apr 19, 2005, 02:07 PM »
Quote from: saucy bastard

The pic is labeled "Julians Car" ,is this a Spoiler or a misprint??

ah,,no not a spoiler.  When i took the pics Julian was driving the car that day, so i labelled it that.  Sorry if anyone considers this a spoiler, never even occured to me that it might seem like that.  But as I've said before, the stuff i saw being filmed was from episode 2, so i guess things will be more clear next week.