Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Official Season 5, Episode One Thread  (Read 72903 times)

blonde_riot18

• http://spaces.msn.com/members/blonderiot18/
Official Season 5, Episode One Thread
« Reply #125 on: Apr 18, 2005, 11:01 AM »
Quote from: T-Bag
That was a great episode, funny and not off-the-wall stupid.  Watch all the people who jumped on the band wagon during season 4 to come and say it was a bad episode because it didn't have a mountain lion or a stupid puppet.

Hey I've been watching since season one, and I Conky was offically one of my favourite episodes ever.  I've never laughed so much in a TPB episode.  So please don't insult the puppet!! lol but I do agree with you about the bandwaggoners (is that a word??)
»×Kä®ëÑ׫

Can someone tell me why a lion is trying to bang one of my boyfriends!?

Conky's #1 fan and PROUD!!

blonde_riot18

• http://spaces.msn.com/members/blonderiot18/
« Reply #126 on: Apr 18, 2005, 11:09 AM »
Quote from: RumNCoke
The actors who played the two bothers, Terry and Dennis, used to host a national high school quiz show on CBC called "Smart Ask!". I think their real names are Mio Adilman and Nobu Adilman.

OHHH SHIT u r so right!!! Ahahaha well this is a huge step up for these guys, that's for sure!!  Haha...Smart Ask, what a shitty show...
»×Kä®ëÑ׫

Can someone tell me why a lion is trying to bang one of my boyfriends!?

Conky's #1 fan and PROUD!!

bigbenjamin

« Reply #127 on: Apr 18, 2005, 11:31 AM »
Quote from: gimmeanR
Bubbles pissing with no hands proves once and for all that he is THE man.

Yes - good observation - never saw anybody piss with such style!!! very funny stuff! cheers!

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #128 on: Apr 18, 2005, 11:42 AM »
Just re watched the show
Randy sure has a thing about Bumble Bees ,eh?  :lol:  :lol:

I am begining to love the scene at the dealers house! Classic TPB situation!  The Grandma serving sake and sushi! As soon as they said that their partener was "old school" ,I knew that we would be seeing Cyrus!

So a few inconcistancies have been pointed out ,such as What happened to Vince The Pince??????

But here is a Big question. Randy said that Julians trailer was auctioned off under the "Proceeds of crime act" ...what proceeds? The cops didn't seize any $$$ ,the fake drivers licence was Bubbles ,the 15 joints were in Rickys pocket . Julian even threw one of Rickys joints away before harvesting. The pot was all picked up by the courier. We didn't even see Julian get arrested, so why did he  end up in jail at all?
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

Cappy

• Location: Blue trailer on the corner........stay off my fackin' lawn!
« Reply #129 on: Apr 18, 2005, 11:43 AM »
have to watch the show a few more times before i judge, i always seem to be disapointed initially but then grow to love it
You can't just give up on pulling up your pants!

Smokes Lets Go

« Reply #130 on: Apr 18, 2005, 12:02 PM »
Wasnt the funnest show. They didnt give much into what the season will hold. But yes Bubbles pissn with no hands was good...

Angus McLeod

• http://www.mugglepride.com
« Reply #131 on: Apr 18, 2005, 02:59 PM »
I thought it was funny overall, but the episode itself was shit.

Bubbles pissing was definatley something that I will remember.  Victor was funny too, and then Ricky telling Victor to hurry up or they will be there all day.

Blow up Elvis was great too.  And of course, "So dad, Cory and Trevor fucked up?"

"Oh yeah, big time, buddy."

And then the scene switches to Ricky charging out of thr trailer, gun in hand.

Funny, but no storyline.
Angus McLeod, eh.

Kosmo

« Reply #132 on: Apr 18, 2005, 03:18 PM »
To be honest I didn't think too much of the season opener but I've watched it a few times since then and I've changed my mind. It was damn funny with a lot of classic lines.

But as mentioned by many posters before it just seemed to go by soooo quick and before you knew it the episode was over. I hope to see more of Terry and Dennis because those two just crack me up!!

Shit machine gun

« Reply #133 on: Apr 18, 2005, 03:34 PM »
One thing I did find funny was the new sponsors.  Castrol Motor Oil, and a pepperoni company.  Didn't see if it was brothers or not.  Came up after a commercial break.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

Allison

« Reply #134 on: Apr 18, 2005, 03:40 PM »
I only watched the episode once, but enjoyed it quite a bit.  I was laughing out loud... especially when J-Roc said his 'you know what I'm saying' about 7 times in a row.   :lol:   I also loved how Ricky referred to it as "BAGminton"... and of course Bubbles getting his face caught in the net was hilarious!  Oh and the scene at the drug dealers' house was quite funny as well... all in all a great episode.  I noticed some people here not liking the fact that it was a bit slow moving... but I personally prefer it when it's slower paced with more dialogue.  But that's just me!  

I am definitely going to watch the episode again so I can let it really sink in!  I taped it of course!

Mr. Stupidy Head

« Reply #135 on: Apr 18, 2005, 03:47 PM »
I myself really dug Give Peace A Chance. Had a real Season 1 quality. Meaning while I like the plans & schemes (I'm a big Ralph Kramden disciple, after all,) I like watching 'the life' in the park more.

:idea: And I know Julian didn't have more lines in this one episode than all of Season 4......it just seems like it :!:
('Wallflower Jules' wasn't too cool.)

Plus I'm happy anytime they cram in more Raaaaaay.

Peace & Carrots

the beav

« Reply #136 on: Apr 18, 2005, 04:13 PM »
Hey Saucy, I think you're right about the bee thing.....I noticed that too when the boys went to Julians trailer and Julian hands Bubbles this little bee windmill thing, and the camera zooms right in on it. :lol:

I also liked it when Ricky comes sliding up to Sara and Lucy's and Trinity comes out to give her Dad a hug and she puts him in a headlock...that was funny...she's so big now.... :lol:

He's too focused on the money to even want to take a couple of minutes to visit with her.
I may have alzheimer's...But at least I don't have alzheimer's

http://www.marijuana.org/GraphixFolder/graphix/%2521mbox.gif[/img]

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
« Reply #137 on: Apr 18, 2005, 04:22 PM »
Quote from: the beav

He's too focused on the money to even want to take a couple of minutes to visit with her.

I thought that was a bit strange. Very un-Ricky like. She must have visited him in jail a few times I guess.
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

RangerF150

« Reply #138 on: Apr 18, 2005, 04:35 PM »
I enjoyed it :-)
Rip roaring funny , no , but pretty good all the same .
I think they did a lot of work in that episode , in setting things up and tieing up loose ends from last season.

You could say the humour was a little more "downbeat" , not a bad thing either .

Don't forget if TPB's is to survive , it's got to seek new ground , or it becomes stale and that's a lot harder to do than it may seem , it's a work in progress , and that's the way you gotta view it .

Overall , i am looking forward to more BitTorrent downloads :-)
Don't matter how little you know, someone out there know's even less !

diGGity-dANk

« Reply #139 on: Apr 18, 2005, 04:38 PM »
Yea that bumble bee thing in the garden brought back some memories from Randys bumble bee suit LOL
I am going to school, when I'm not drunk, or high, or getting drunk, or getting high, or passed out because I was drunk, or passed out because I was high, so like... I guess I don't go to school much.

Refuckulator

• Matt's Design Portfolio
« Reply #140 on: Apr 18, 2005, 04:51 PM »
id any of you norice the cop that opened the gate for the boys at the begining while they were getting out of jail?

anyway... that was my moms friend's husband, i'll get him to send some pics to me then i'll post them on here
Follow me: @MattRichBedard

FunkyZebra

« Reply #141 on: Apr 18, 2005, 04:52 PM »
Quote from: RangerF150
Don't forget if TPB's is to survive , it's got to seek new ground , or it becomes stale and that's a lot harder to do than it may seem , it's a work in progress , and that's the way you gotta view it .

I agree, the show must change or else it becomes boring. Yes the older episodes are classics, so maybe newer ones should be judged on their own merit and not compared to older ones. Does anyone really want the show to just rehash old bits and rely on what worked in the past?

Also, I think that a TPB episode needs to be judged in the context of the entire season. This isn't one of those shows where sequential episodes have nothing to do with each other. Each episode is building on the story from previous episodes.

I think of it like this, we all just watched the first 23 minutes of a really long movie, they have to lay down the groundwork and tie up loose ends, the laughs will come, patients people patients
"I'm calling the cops then, right now, the real cops Randy. Not the crazy fake trailer park drunk fat guy crazy cops!"

cat-dog

« Reply #142 on: Apr 18, 2005, 05:10 PM »
I liked that Terry had a Monte Carlo, that alone cracked me up pretty good.. After Ricky flattened his other one with the garbage truck (he was a hero for about a minute)

Looking forward to watching this one again tonight. I'm a big fan of slower paced, more dialog, life inside the park kinda episodes. This show's character development is nothing short of amazing, and I always found it a shame when that's replaced with over the top, unrealistic events that seem geared towards mass appeal, and cheap laughs. Don't get me wrong.. Ricky getting electrocuted last season was hillarious, but I had to wonder about all the smoke (and mirrors) :P

This episode reminded me of when the boys get out of jail, and go get french fries :)
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

JRock71

• JRock's MySpace
« Reply #143 on: Apr 18, 2005, 05:11 PM »
Hey All,

It has been awhile since I posted but I had a second look at Give Peace A Chance and it was a gutbuster. All season openers seem to be a set up for the season ahead.

Some of my favorite parts of the episode -

- The Pissing Scene - Especially when bubbles had both hands behind his back and was circling around.

- The Fuck Off Scene - Classic! especially when Bubbles, the man of reason telling everyone to calm down., "Just everybody fuck off all the same time,  calm down!" lmao

- Dennis and Terry's Grandmother - smiling and bowing when Julian and Terry had the pistols out...too fuckin' funny...

- Trinity giving Ricky the headlock....

Favorite Quotes from the Episode,

Bubbles - "Holy sweet flyin' fuck....it's a liquorlanche "

Cyrus - "If Charlie shit a billy goat....look who it is? "

JRoc to Randy - " What are you sayin' inflatable Elvis?"

Rick in Limo (doing a toast) -" We forgot one thing, To Cory & Trevor!"...lmao

Lahey to the Cab Driver - "Let me guess!...One of them is wearing thick glasses, one of them is extra stupid and the third guy is holding a drink and wearing a sexy black t-shirt.

Lucy (reference on her boob job) - "We spent lots of money on lots of things.....I got $7500 bucks!"
Go Oilers Go!!! Oilers all the way baby!

Canuckguy

« Reply #144 on: Apr 18, 2005, 05:22 PM »
Quote from: cat-dog
I liked that Terry had a Monte Carlo, that alone cracked me up pretty good.. After Ricky flattened his other one with the garbage truck (he was a hero for about a minute)

Looking forward to watching this one again tonight. I'm a big fan of slower paced, more dialog, life inside the park kinda episodes. This show's character development is nothing short of amazing, and I always found it a shame when that's replaced with over the top, unrealistic events that seem geared towards mass appeal, and cheap laughs. Don't get me wrong.. Ricky getting electrocuted last season was hillarious, but I had to wonder about all the smoke (and mirrors) :P

This episode reminded me of when the boys get out of jail, and go get french fries :)

I totally agree last year was too over the top, I enjoy the deeper plots and better writing this season so far although its a little early to say.  No crazy cougars or puppets from the smoking depths of hell.  And much better more realistic camera work I should also add....no crazy angles that look like the "Julian hired camera man" is floating in the air either :P

seeeteee

« Reply #145 on: Apr 18, 2005, 05:29 PM »
I think the reason this episode wasn't laugh out loud funny throughout is that the boys got fucked.  It was frustrating.  Obviously, it's the setup for the whole season but still, getting out of jail used to be more fun.

I'm really pissed.  All their friends fucked them.  I hope they get everyone back by the end of this season.

diGGity-dANk

« Reply #146 on: Apr 18, 2005, 05:34 PM »
Quote from: seeeteee
I think the reason this episode wasn't funny is that the boys got fucked.  It was frustrating.  Obviously, it's the setup for the whole season but still, getting out of jail used to be more fun.

I'm really pissed.  All their friends fucked them.  I hope they get everyone back by the end of this season.

Trevor and Cory where never there' friends' lol.

If anything, the boys where fucking them for the past 4 seasons...

But i expected Trevor and Cory to stick up for themselfs more than they did in the first episode.
I am going to school, when I'm not drunk, or high, or getting drunk, or getting high, or passed out because I was drunk, or passed out because I was high, so like... I guess I don't go to school much.

Detriot Velvet Smooth

« Reply #147 on: Apr 18, 2005, 05:40 PM »
When I visted the set I noticed the Monty Carlo but not the spinners
I wanted a lady, not fuckin cory and trevor

RangerF150

« Reply #148 on: Apr 18, 2005, 05:43 PM »
Interesting !
I just finished S4 last night , i really liked it .
Yeah it did go a bit mad but overall i thought it was a pretty awesome season.

It would seem , and really we gotta see several episodes , that S5 is taking a slightly different direction .
But it ain't sold out , that's for sure , it's not gone for the cheap giggles, looks like there may be a bit more depth to it .

It's ( i thought ) a little more *gritty* , bubbles comments about buying drugs off Ricki's *friends*  was really on the mark, i really do think that S5 is gonna be real interesting .

Enjoy :-)
That's what it's all about !
Don't matter how little you know, someone out there know's even less !

AXEMAN

« Reply #149 on: Apr 18, 2005, 05:43 PM »
Quote from: Detriot Velvet Smooth
When I visted the set I noticed the Monty Carlo but not the spinners

they were on the car when i was on set.  They were filming shit for next weeks episode that day.