Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Official Season 5, Episode One Thread  (Read 72892 times)

Saucy Bastard

Official Season 5, Episode One Thread
« Reply #100 on: Apr 18, 2005, 12:20 AM »
Holy shit ,my eyes hurt after reading 116 replies.
Whew!
Only seen it once ,of course, and can't wait to re watch it (on video) to see all of the nuances that went past me with out my catching them.
Bagminton
Lemonzine
Super long piss
Motel gut guy
"Play a big song on the mangoline"(sp?)
Sexy shirt
Cyrus
But of course all of this is made redundant by past posts :(  :wink:  :lol:

We spend the entire off season re watching and re ree hashing all of our thoughts on each and every episode. Then the build up to 22 min of anticipation...... :|
It's easy to see how one can feel let down at first ,before letting the season unfold and build on what we have just seen. Things needed explaining and setting up. More will make sence and become cool and funny as he season progresses.

I Loved It !! :D

Sure am glad that I avouded this "Thread" for so long ,long enough for all of you to stop spazing out :beating:  :jumping:  :poke:  :headbang:  :guns:  :doublewhammy:  :D  :(  :oops:  :cry:  :twisted:  :clap:  ...

^^^^^^^^^^^^

:lol:  :roll:  :wink:  :lol:
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

Canuckguy

« Reply #101 on: Apr 18, 2005, 01:19 AM »
Thanks for summing it all up nicely Saucy!

Canuckguy

« Reply #102 on: Apr 18, 2005, 02:51 AM »
Lahey is definately up to something after shaking hands with the cop....good episode I think its going to be a great season! Cant wait  :P

cat-dog

« Reply #103 on: Apr 18, 2005, 03:02 AM »
Yeah, that episode was great, they fit quite a bit of stuff into 22mins. I didn't think anyone was going to 'fuck off' when Cyrus showed up!

Terry & Dennis were awesome, killed my expectations totally, after seeing them on that CBC game show thing ;)

JP was hillarious too, throughout :)

".. you got books on wilderness, like check out that fuckin bear.. ya know, he's got that salmon.. ya see I'm kinda like that salmon, I'm kinda like the guy that swims upstream right? and I'm trying to avoid these fuckers.. so I take what I learn in jail, and I go home and try to survive"

shaping up to be a killer season
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

Canuckguy

« Reply #104 on: Apr 18, 2005, 03:09 AM »
Yah Julian's taking a bigger role this season so far, thats pretty cool I was hoping for that.  Last season he was in the background most of the time.  Im not disappointed at all it was very good for a season starter.

cat-dog

« Reply #105 on: Apr 18, 2005, 03:19 AM »
That cop that didn't buy Ricky's BS is the detective that caught them after robbing the supermarket for Ricky & Lucy's wedding too.

I wonder why he's workin the beat instead of being a private dick :)
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

2StonedBirds

« Reply #106 on: Apr 18, 2005, 04:25 AM »
First of all, hello again everyone, I haven't been around much in the last few months. @ vcgal, nice to see another Peterborian here, gives the Scientist and I some local company :D

I really wish I had watched the episode a second time; because, I feel I missed so much due to anticipation of what was coming next. I, like some others, didn't find this episode "hilarious" from start to finish; but, I agree with those that realized that 22 minutes just isn't long enough to link this season to last season.

I'm just happier than fuck that the new season has started, and eagerly look forward to next weeks epi; though, I really hope they go to a full hour format for next season. Fingers crossed :D
-Don't let me piss myself!!- `Ricky`

Ole Dirty

« Reply #107 on: Apr 18, 2005, 04:32 AM »
Yah there were a few really good funny parts, but I thought it wasen't that great for a season opener either. All the other openers were absolutely hilarious. This one, I was waiting for something big to happen....and it didn't. I was a little dissapointed.
I hope those two drug dealers aren't going to be permanent on the show...They kinda suck. Nothing funny walking around wearing a housecoat and having your junk showing..I do it everyday!!! As a matter of fact it's showing right now...
On a plus side, is it just me? Or does Sarah look really good this season?
I think it will get much better, I hope that Ray does take on more of a role in this season...Ray fucking kicks ass!!! I think he needs some gold chains and needs to be pimped out in Exco like Ricky...
"Your life will never be complete...until you snort a coke line off a $10 000 hooker's ass." ~Grandpa Ole Dirty

"Wearing pants is such a hassle" ~ Ole Dirty

"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Chuck Norris."

RumNCoke

« Reply #108 on: Apr 18, 2005, 05:51 AM »
I'm going to try to avoid an episode by episode review, the operative word being 'try'. I'll look at the season as a whole.

GTPB

« Reply #109 on: Apr 18, 2005, 07:23 AM »
Hey fellow TPBers, Season 5 #1 was FANtastic!  The TPG's  are looking hotter than ever.

Playing the commentary on my season 4 discs,  Mike C explains a little on where they're headed this season

My guess is they'll be staying  @ Ray's place. Ricky's has his car, Bubs has his shed (bottle locker hehehe) & Jules will get Rays room  when he goes off to con college for performing wheelchair fraud.

Nice to be back.
Slightly burnt but still smoking.

Shit machine gun

« Reply #110 on: Apr 18, 2005, 07:26 AM »
I think I read too many articles that were posted by the orgsters.  It seemed like I knew what was coming next and it kinda took the anticipation away.  I haven't watched it a second time yet so when I get to watch it again, hopefully I'll have a more positive reaction.

I think my problem was with Lahey.  He needs to be drunk.  When Rick was about to tell him off, which would have been really good, he turned to a blubbering mess when Lahey tried to shake his hand and apologize.  Other seasons, Rick would have had Randy in a headlock while chasing Lahey into his car.

The boys used to get excited about being home but this time it seemed like they were more interested in the money.  Wasn't that the storyline 2 years ago?  

Can't wait to see where it goes now.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

purple_skwirrel

« Reply #111 on: Apr 18, 2005, 08:16 AM »
Quote from: Canuckguy
Lahey is definately up to something after shaking hands with the cop....good episode I think its going to be a great season! Cant wait  :P

Yeah, I agree, I think I saw a slight smirk came across his face as the boys walked away and he and Randy we agreeing that they'd "come around".

If anything (now that I've figured out why S5E1 "missed" for me - it was too short! :wink: ), I am eagerly awaiting all of the loose ends in the episode to wrap themselves up as the season progresses :D

FunkyZebra

« Reply #112 on: Apr 18, 2005, 08:29 AM »
Quote from: purple_skwirrel
If anything (now that I've figured out why S5E1 "missed" for me - it was too short! :wink: ), I am eagerly awaiting all of the loose ends in the episode to wrap themselves up as the season progresses :D

A few people have said that the episode was "too short", I havn't taken out a stop watch but I'm sure this episode was the same 22 minutes as all the past ones. So wouldn't a feeling like the episode went by too fast make it a good episode? Time flys when your having fun
"I'm calling the cops then, right now, the real cops Randy. Not the crazy fake trailer park drunk fat guy crazy cops!"

shake

« Reply #113 on: Apr 18, 2005, 08:33 AM »
Quote from: cat-dog
That cop that didn't buy Ricky's BS is the detective that caught them after robbing the supermarket for Ricky & Lucy's wedding too.

I wonder why he's workin the beat instead of being a private dick :)

Yeah that's right he got demoted.  If he did become a private dick I suppose he would be Super Dick, not just Super Cop.

Welcome back GTPB and 2StonedBirds!

modernrococo

« Reply #114 on: Apr 18, 2005, 08:42 AM »
Hello everybody! Glad to be a part of this ... again.   I haven't posted here - but used to post when Showcase had a forum - but they shut it down -which is a great thing since now I found the best TPB website ever!

I was in the VIP line at HMV Toronto - behind Ghostdog - and was in the line last year too.  (Nice to put faces with the names - but I'm shy.) Bubs -
by the way - gave me a big smile.

Last night's episode was a good season debut - not the funniest - but they had several plotlines to introduce.  I'm happy they didn't get to own the park because over the winter I was trying to think of what they would do with a season of time to fill - just get really drunk and kick Lahey out of the park would have been the first episode and then what to do with the other nine? I'm glad they will have to find new ways to make money this season - and let's face it - they are much funnier failures than winners.

Also - being a girl - I really LOVED the fact the ladies are stickin' it to the man this season!  (You go Barb, Lucy - and yes - Sarah IS looking better this year.) I love how Clattenburg and the other writers utilize ALL the characters - ever the repeat ones so this doesn't turn out to be the Ricky,
Bubs and Julian show.  (that would be something people would really have a point in complaining about.)

best LOL line 'liquor-lanche'.

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
« Reply #115 on: Apr 18, 2005, 09:00 AM »
Terry & Dennis were awesome, killed my expectations totally, after seeing them on that CBC game show thing

That's fucked up...I thought I recognized those guys. First Jono now them,  I wonder who is next,  the really hot looking girl from "The X"?
"Jack never even took one step of his own ....yet he traveled so far".

Letter's to my little boy Jack

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #116 on: Apr 18, 2005, 09:47 AM »
Upon a second viewing and a good night's sleep, I feel that my only problem with the episode is that it "went by too fast" (FunkyZebra thanks for that terminology, I think it describes the feeling more accurately); so much happened in such a short amount of time. The episode was hilarious! I think once this episode is put in context with the rest of the season, those who may not have been thrilled with it at first will come around to appreciate it for what it is:  an introduction. The first two episodes of season 4 weren't my favourites at first, but I have since seen them multiple times and come to think that they are extremely funny! I think we should all take the advice of the title and 'Give Peace a Chance,' give this episode a chance. I think that's all for now.
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
« Reply #117 on: Apr 18, 2005, 09:49 AM »
Morning Melba:)
"Jack never even took one step of his own ....yet he traveled so far".

Letter's to my little boy Jack

Melba the Disco Queen

« Reply #118 on: Apr 18, 2005, 09:52 AM »
Morning GD (and Zanta!)
'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

FunkyZebra

« Reply #119 on: Apr 18, 2005, 10:15 AM »
I don't know if this was visable in past episodes but the "Please Return to Lobby" on the back of ray's wheel chair was pretty funny
"I'm calling the cops then, right now, the real cops Randy. Not the crazy fake trailer park drunk fat guy crazy cops!"

bigbenjamin

« Reply #120 on: Apr 18, 2005, 10:20 AM »
Loved every minute of the first eppy . . (sorry for the confusion and haggling over whose thread was "official" - won't happen again) - Mike C. and the cast - take a bow! first class all the way! Big Fackin Cheers!

purple_skwirrel

« Reply #121 on: Apr 18, 2005, 10:20 AM »
Quote from: FunkyZebra
Time flys when your having fun

You could have something there.  I have to admit I was starving for new/more TPB's :lol:

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #122 on: Apr 18, 2005, 10:36 AM »
Oh oh oh ,6 1/2 days to go .Gotta see another show.
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

gimmeanR

« Reply #123 on: Apr 18, 2005, 10:36 AM »
Bubbles pissing with no hands proves once and for all that he is THE man.
My fuck does it ever get you some drunk.

Djet3k

• My Myspace
« Reply #124 on: Apr 18, 2005, 10:36 AM »
yes tought id say that i really liked the ep

deffently a good start of this season imo , altought the episode sure could have lasted 2ce as long.

I feel like they left alot of questions opened to be answered in the next episodes.. witch they didnt used to do

maybe thats cause of the 10 episodes?

Anyhow we dont know yet what really happened to bubles shed, whats gonna happen with ricky and corry & trevor, ricky & julian dont know about sarah and lucy yet,  and where julian is going to live.
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, / Mother, mother fuck, fuck / Mother fuck, mother fuck, / Noich noich noich, / 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, / Noich, noich noich / Smokin' weed, smokin' wizz, / Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, / Drinkin' beers, beers, beers, / Rollin' fattys, smokin' blunts, / Who smokes the blunts? / We smoke the blunts."

"Just remember when you control the mail you control....information!"