Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Just an idea, any input?  (Read 2248 times)

px

Just an idea, any input?
« on: Apr 22, 2004, 10:33 AM »
I come across a lot of interesting links just about every day.. From images to videos to articles.. Some are disturbing, some are funny, some are weird, but all are interesting.

Do you all think it would be a good idea to create a new forum area specifically for posting the interesting links we find on the internet, or do you think they should just be posted in the "General Chat" area?

I can honestly say that I come across at least 5 interesting links a day that are worthy of posting, and I'm not sure that I want to hoard up the general chat area with these messages, otherwise it might make those threads harder to follow..

ANy input or suggestions are very much welcome..

Insane

Just an idea, any input?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 22, 2004, 10:48 AM »
it's not a bad idea, i like it actually, a "http links and listings" forum would be awesome

sunrunner_pei

• http://www.gaownersclub.com
Just an idea, any input?
« Reply #2 on: Apr 22, 2004, 11:08 AM »
Yeah, a new section would keep that stuff organized and easier to find.  I'm all for keeping things organized.  Just ask my wife.  lol
Bible Pimp - "Can you read my son?"

Bubbles - "Well that depends...  Can you go fuck yourself?"

px

Just an idea, any input?
« Reply #3 on: Apr 22, 2004, 11:24 AM »
Cool, i'll wait until we get a little more input on this and then i'll probably go ahead and set it up..

Just so everyone knows, if we do decide to roll with this, everything goes.. We'll have to develop some sort of rating system just in case something is offensive or might gross out people or something.. hehe

Does anyone think it's a bad idea to post stuff that others may find offensive or disturbing?  Granted, most of the stuff i come across is just funny as hell, but occasionally I come across something offensive or disturbing and it just needs to be posted. :)

sunrunner_pei

• http://www.gaownersclub.com
Just an idea, any input?
« Reply #4 on: Apr 22, 2004, 02:20 PM »
I think as long as people post a warning indicating offensive material, or something that is 'Not safe for work', everything will be fine.
Bible Pimp - "Can you read my son?"

Bubbles - "Well that depends...  Can you go fuck yourself?"

cat-dog

Just an idea, any input?
« Reply #5 on: Apr 22, 2004, 04:54 PM »
this is a great idea, i was thinking that if we setup a section for free-for-all links that if you make it a poll/voting thing with 2 options "pump it" or "dump it", and if something gets too many votes to dump it, it's gone (ie: really offensive/stupid shit). i'm also looking into whether theres a mod for this board that can facilitate this need.
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

Mr. Stupidy Head

Just an idea, any input?
« Reply #6 on: Apr 22, 2004, 06:34 PM »
Good brain compartment work there, boys. Me likey. Particularly the pump & dump angle.

BoTTleKid

• http://kemicalimbalance.deviantart.com
Just an idea, any input?
« Reply #7 on: Apr 22, 2004, 08:02 PM »
Definitely a good idea.
"...he keeps stickin' a fuckin' gun in my face."
-

RaveenisGod

Just an idea, any input?
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2004, 05:10 PM »
I think that idea rocks, and u shoul;d go threw with it PX!!!!!!!!!! :!:  :D  :!:  :D
"Cos if the right hook comes out crazy muthafuckers like you get knocked out. Don't be lookin me in the eyes boy...I ain't got no candy for you....nooooo candy except for the right hook. You want some candy"?  Bernie Sanford

xhippie

Just an idea, any input?
« Reply #9 on: Jul 30, 2004, 02:14 PM »
sounds like a  great idea yeah there are tons of websites that have a listing of about twenty five or so of interesting sites to them and twenty five seemed to keep people busy for a while without overwhelming them

QAFgurl

• http://spaces.msn.com/members/stace1020/
Just an idea, any input?
« Reply #10 on: Aug 11, 2004, 08:54 PM »
I fuckin love that idea!! :twisted:
Avoid the mourning after, don't drink and drive

Mars Bud

Just an idea, any input?
« Reply #11 on: Aug 13, 2004, 02:51 AM »
Sure,why not?