Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Bumper Stickers :-)  (Read 15221 times)

cat-dog

Re: Bumper Stickers :-)
« Reply #50 on: Oct 12, 2005, 02:08 PM »
I think if the site was covered in ads and popups and we were selling org shirts with cast faces on them it might get us sued but if its just pictures related to the show but not actual cast members I think it would be fine.  Like chicken fingers and rum glasses with trailerparkboys.org on it would be ok.

Well.. just having any images/trademarks/sound clips was enough to get me a legal notice from AA's laywers saying they would enforce their rights if I didn't play ball.. so I wouldn't put it past them (the corporate fatcats that is..) Unfortunately they don't make ad revenue off a 3rd party site that promotes their show for free - whereas there were numerous ads throughout their forums. This is the only plausible explanation I could come up with for them expressing a sole interest in this website only. I'm quite sure no other tpb fan sites heard from any lawyers..

But as far as bumper stickers go, CG has it right on the money. I wouldn't feel safe using a picture of a cast member without permission, etc.. as the legal complications could get.. well.. complicated :) And once was enough, I hate dealing with those fuck offers, and their fancy word papers..
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

Melba the Disco Queen

'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie, Black Adder

Shit machine gun

« Reply #52 on: Sep 18, 2006, 06:31 PM »
I don't like that one.  I would have preferred a custom designed one with a pic or something.  That's too "mall kiosk" for my new truck.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

cat-dog

« Reply #53 on: Sep 18, 2006, 06:42 PM »
good god.. tpb insense sticks, coasters, keychains.. it's nice that the site has been updated.. but I'm curious when/where they will draw the line in terms of what products they are going to sell in relation to tpb.. what's next tpb cereal, thongs, and lunchboxes? just kinda weird seeing all the marketing for something that has such a humble beginning..
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

Shit machine gun

« Reply #54 on: Sep 18, 2006, 06:43 PM »
who wants to see my ass in a photoshopped TPB thong?  Anyone? 
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

hashhockey69

« Reply #55 on: Sep 18, 2006, 07:04 PM »
who wants to see my ass in a photoshopped TPB thong?  Anyone? 

If you would be the girl in your display pic HELL YA! but your not lol so FUCK NO!

HH69