Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Bumper Stickers :-)  (Read 14826 times)

RangerF150

Bumper Stickers :-)
« on: Mar 12, 2005, 03:38 PM »
Yeah , that's right, Bumper stickers with Tailer Park Boys .org :-)

My needs are simple !
Don't matter how little you know, someone out there know's even less !

cat-dog

« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2005, 03:56 PM »
This is something I was actually pondering. I hadn't gone so far as to elaborate on simply "stickers" - but really like the idea of bumper stickers. (Hey maybe we could even get one on Ricky's shitbox!)

Plus the "free" advertising for the site that a bumper sticker would generate could be well worth the money & effort put into getting these made up.

I'll look into costs though :)
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

purple_skwirrel

« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2005, 04:03 PM »
Quote from: RangerF150
Yeah , that's right, Bumper stickers with Tailer Park Boys .org :-)

My needs are simple !

Great idea!

Quote from: cat-dog
This is something I was actually pondering. I hadn't gone so far as to elaborate on simply "stickers" - but really like the idea of bumper stickers. (Hey maybe we could even get one on Ricky's shitbox!)

Plus the "free" advertising for the site that a bumper sticker would generate could be well worth the money & effort put into getting these made up.

I'll look into costs though :)

I have two "further" suggestions on this.

1.  If a storefront gets created to sell stuff like T-shirts and that, why not a website bumper sticker getting included, either for sale, or as a promo item included free per some minimum order or something?

2.  Without a storefront, sell the bumper stickers in support of financing this site?  I'd buy one, providing it's not HUGE.  I received a freebie bumber sticker from PetFinder.com when I bought one of their T-shirts, and the thing's bigger than my bumper - LOL!  I suggest the 3 faces (see emoticons) arranged with the site link :)

shake

« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2005, 04:06 PM »
The idea of advertising is a good one.  You may also want to consider t-shirts or ball caps with TrailerParkBoys.org.  Mind you I wouldn't wear one, I'm too sexy for that shirt  :)

purple_skwirrel

« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2005, 04:09 PM »
Quote from: shake
The idea of advertising is a good one.  You may also want to consider t-shirts or ball caps with TrailerParkBoys.org.  Mind you I wouldn't wear one, I'm too sexy for that shirt  :)

I'd wear a T-shirt!  I'm not (too) proud!   :D   :wink:

ballcaps...never, only when I've run out of shampoo and I have to run out to the corner store to get some so I can run back home and wash my hair...

What a splendid idear  :wink:

RangerF150

« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2005, 04:13 PM »
Sure they'd cost , as well as postage etc,
But im quite sure you would have no problem shifting them :-)

To make things easy perhaps you could just look for a "donation" instead.
It may make the administration easier , i don't know about your tax laws etc.

Just a suggestion ....

Don't forget , i am first in the que when they arrive :-)
Free , pay , donate , whaever , i want one !

shake

« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2005, 04:14 PM »
Quote from: purple_squirrel

Yeah p_s looks like you came up with the t-shirt idea a few minutes before I did, your post wasn't there when I hit reply, I guess you have to be quick around here.

purple_skwirrel

« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2005, 04:18 PM »
Quote from: RangerF150
Sure they'd cost , as well as postage etc,
But im quite sure you would have no problem shifting them :-)

To make things easy perhaps you could just look for a "donation" instead.
It may make the administration easier , i don't know about your tax laws etc.

Just a suggestion ....

Don't forget , i am first in the que when they arrive :-)
Free , pay , donate , whaever , i want one !

I'm second in line!  

cat-dog

« Reply #8 on: Mar 12, 2005, 04:19 PM »

I have two "further" suggestions on this.

1.  If a storefront gets created to sell stuff like T-shirts and that, why not a website bumper sticker getting included, either for sale, or as a promo item included free per some minimum order or something?

Do you have ESP or something?? :)

Initially when I was just thinking "stickers" [aka: buy a few sheets of Avery labels, and print them off], my intentions were to give them away free with any order from the "store" (if this ends up being a possibility). This is still something I'd be up for making work. Depending on costs of bumper stickers, they could possibly be a item that is purchased - and have cheapie/homemade computer printed stickers as a "free" bonus for ordering.
"There's a difference between being old school, and being old and still in school."

purple_skwirrel

« Reply #9 on: Mar 12, 2005, 04:19 PM »

Yeah p_s looks like you came up with the t-shirt idea a few minutes before I did, your post wasn't there when I hit reply, I guess you have to be quick around here.

Oh, no, I meant if TPB.org ever got the opportunity to sell Topsail's stuff in a storefront here on the ORG, so the idea's all yerz  :wink:

purple_skwirrel

« Reply #10 on: Mar 12, 2005, 04:20 PM »

Do you have ESP or something?? :)

What channel is that?  :wink:  :lol:

I can just see stickers of the 3 heads everywhere...too cool!  :D

cat-dog

« Reply #11 on: Mar 12, 2005, 04:53 PM »
Looks like theres not too many places online (in Canada) that do sticker printing. So I've pretty much found the place where I'm expecting to conduct this business.

3 3/4x7 1/2 weatherproof bumper sticker  (has UV protective layer to prevent fading - about 2yrs fade free):

500 - $348.95
1000 - $432.48
2000 - $637.58
3000 - $819.76
5000 - $1,372.54

As long as I can sell them for more than a dollar, I'll be in good shape to order more & keep at it :)

JulianRocks

« Reply #12 on: Mar 12, 2005, 04:55 PM »

I'd wear a T-shirt!  I'm not (too) proud!   :D   :wink:

ballcaps...never, only when I've run out of shampoo and I have to run out to the corner store to get some so I can run back home and wash my hair...

I am always wearin' a ballcap....well to work anyway. Don't want any hair fallin' in the food! :wink:  And of course it has to be a Trailer Park Boys hat. The one I wear to work is all black and has the red lettering.

Shake, you're too sexy it hurts! :wink:  :lol:

shake

« Reply #13 on: Mar 12, 2005, 05:02 PM »
Quote from: JulianRocks

Thanks JR, you know I never tire of hearing that. :D

purple_skwirrel

« Reply #14 on: Mar 12, 2005, 05:03 PM »
Looks like theres not too many places online (in Canada) that do sticker printing. So I've pretty much found the place where I'm expecting to conduct this business.

3 3/4x7 1/2 weatherproof bumper sticker  (has UV protective layer to prevent fading - about 2yrs fade free):

500 - $348.95
1000 - $432.48
2000 - $637.58
3000 - $819.76
5000 - $1,372.54

As long as I can sell them for more than a dollar, I'll be in good shape to order more & keep at it :)

That's in CDN or US funds?  Also, do those prices include artwork set-up?  i think that's usually extra.  I'd pay $2 for one, no problem.  I'd put it opposite the side of my bumper from my Rat Fink  :wink:

Using the emoticons (they'd have to be cleaned up to take the borders or keep em, they don't look too bad) I tossed these together, just for ideas.  I think, though, ovals are more expensive, since the stickers are die-cut.  Oh well, just presenting ideas for now :)

cat-dog

« Reply #15 on: Mar 12, 2005, 05:16 PM »

500 - $348.95
1000 - $432.48
2000 - $637.58
3000 - $819.76
5000 - $1,372.54

That's in CDN or US funds?  I'd pay $2 for one, no problem.  I'd put it opposite the side of my bumper from my Rat Fink  :wink:

Using the emoticons (they'd have to be cleaned up to take the borders or keep em, they don't look too bad) I tossed these together, just for ideas.  I think, though, ovals are more expensive, since the stickers are die-cut.  Oh well, just presenting ideas for now :)

Yeah, that's in Canadian funds (waste of money any other way :) )

They don't actually offer decent sizes of the oval stickers. The prices are the same, essentially.. but the ovals come in a maximum size of 3x4. (which wouldnt be bad, but I'm sure most other stickers are longer/wider)

I'd need permission from whoever created those emoticon items - if I intend to sell them, which if I recall correctly is Showcase? (Who has already threatened me with legal action in the past) So I'm not sure if that idea is feasible. I'm no slouch in the graphics dept though, as well as a few other forum members. With that in mind I'm confident we could come up with something (maybe even make it a contest?) as a group.

Canuckguy

« Reply #16 on: Mar 12, 2005, 05:23 PM »
I think we should have a contest to create a tpb bumper sticker and it has to read trailerparkboys.org somewhere on it....winner gets 20 free stickers to slap on cop cars and and other private property.  Theres probably a few talented artists in here who could make some really cool stickers.

SgtMeowsteen

• My Space site
« Reply #17 on: Mar 12, 2005, 06:24 PM »
Quote from: JulianRocks

Thanks JR, you know I never tire of hearing that. :D

Shake that tush on the kitty walk Shake!
I would buy a hat or sticker for sure. I think Irish Drunk is on to something with the design contest. Alot of artists in this park. Some of them are even talented. :lol:
You might be sexy Julian....but you can't teach me anything about liquor....
-Fackin Lahey

RangerF150

« Reply #18 on: Mar 12, 2005, 07:52 PM »
cat-dog , you know what you got to do dude :-)
Make it happen !
Supply and command , you get's the supply and we will give ya the command :-)

I dunno the banner you have on this site looks pretty damm good to me , some minor tweaking and your there :-)

For sure the "trailerparkboys.org" has to form the main part of the sticker , i like the oval one , but it does restrict the space available .

Make it happen dude :-)

Saucy Bastard

« Reply #19 on: Mar 13, 2005, 12:33 AM »

...But for a tank top?

I'm down for a tank ,fer sure!
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." --Will Rogers
"Get off that limb , that's where all the nuts are!" --Mrs. Saucy

-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?

bigbenjamin

« Reply #20 on: Mar 13, 2005, 02:01 AM »

500 - $348.95
1000 - $432.48
2000 - $637.58
3000 - $819.76
5000 - $1,372.54

Hold off on placing yr order, c.d., let me see if my wife and daughter, both in the printing and graphic design biz, can make you a better deal, ok? should know by monday or tuesday. cheers!

RangerF150

« Reply #21 on: Mar 23, 2005, 02:38 PM »
bigben , did you get a read on the bumper stickers yet ?
I've picked a spot on my truck for one  :-)

Shit machine gun

« Reply #22 on: Mar 25, 2005, 06:28 AM »
Put me down for $10 worth of bumper stickers and $5 worth of pepperoni.
2009-2010 TPB FANTASY HOCKEY CHAMPION. 

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." - Charles Barkley

I HATE Conky

"I hear chicken, cola fizz, mustard and relish, all coagulatin together, and french fries and onion rings, but you know what, I don't hear a heart, Motherfucker"

RangerF150

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2005, 05:17 PM »
Eh, any news on the bumper sticker's ?????????

cat-dog

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2005, 07:53 PM »
I've got costs & everything all set.. Just need to save up my money to be able to make the initial purchase..