Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Casbys  (Read 6621 times)

kcrocks

Casbys
« on: Nov 24, 2004, 10:18 PM »
Just got back from the Casbys. One of the best live preformances I've seen in some time. Not only were the boys outstanding (Just for being themselves and not being too scripted) the musical talent was bar none. the boys came out first and it was hard to hear them for all the background noise. Mike Smith divided the crowd into two halves and got one  half to say FUCK and then get the other side to say YOU. He had always wanted to do that. They inquired who was drunk and who was stoned and the stoned outweighed drunk 2:1. Asked if anybody was a Easterner and there was a good response. I'm pretty buuzzed myself right now and eating Wendys chicken fingers. I got a bunch of pictures before I found out I had bought some defective batteries and missed the second half with the best view backstage. I f someone will aid me I wil try to post them. New camera and I'm not to computer savy.
once a trailer park boy always a trailer park boy

Ghostdog

• Apple Seed
Casbys
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2004, 10:24 PM »
Sounds like a good time kcrocks:)

I remember when they were called the "U-knows",  that really shows my age:) hehehe
"Jack never even took one step of his own ....yet he traveled so far".

Letter's to my little boy Jack

kcrocks

Casbys
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2004, 10:33 PM »
One time Mike Smith (always in character as well as Rob Wells and J.P. Trembley) Played closer to the heart on an accoustic guitar and rocked the fucken audience, he is quite an accomplished guitarist and singer. Every band would play 2 songs then, as the equipment was being changed for the next band the Boys would take stage. They never had enough time to get into a real great groove because of Dean Blondell and his morning arseholes. Mediocre humor at best,but thats only one man speaking.

kcrocks

Casbys
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2004, 10:36 PM »
I remember that also G.D. I'm 40. Been listening to N.Y. since its inception.

bigbenjamin

Casbys
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2004, 11:09 PM »
congrats kc :D ! i'm very envious - wish we coulda got together - as regards the pics, yr digital camera has software and a usb connection, i'm guessing? use that - it's real simple - i bought a multi format card reader and plugged that into my pc. so i only have to pull the memory card out of which ever camera and jam it into the reader - no software - just an icon to open in "my computer" - either way - POST those fuckers, bro :!:  share with the less fortunate :wink: ! bang a gong!

Diana

• http://www.youtouchmytralala.com
Casbys
« Reply #5 on: Nov 25, 2004, 12:57 AM »
If u use win xp, once u plug in ur cam via usb cable a pop up dialogue box will open (u dont need to mess around with the software crap that came with the cam).  Select the option "Use Camera Wizard"(i dont remember the exact wording, but its something like that) and it will auto extract your pics to a folder called "Picture" which can be found in "My Documents"

I hope that helped.

shake

Casbys
« Reply #6 on: Nov 25, 2004, 08:29 AM »
Cool kcrocks.  How did you get to go, tickets weren't available to the public were they?

JulianRocks

Casbys
« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2004, 12:50 PM »
I noticed they had some tickets on sale on e-Bay.

kcrocks

Casbys
« Reply #8 on: Nov 25, 2004, 06:19 PM »
I got mine on e-Bay $75 for a pair. I talked to some people inside and they said they paid $30 a pair off a scalper there.

bigbenjamin

Casbys
« Reply #9 on: Nov 26, 2004, 01:35 PM »
C'mon KC, let's see yr pictures :shock: ! Wish I could have been there. You shoulda whipped by my place! See you at Orbit#2, right? Right :twisted: !

Nemesis

• http://www.thecanadianmusicscene.com
Casbys
« Reply #10 on: Nov 26, 2004, 01:45 PM »
Go ahead call me an asshole, I didn't pay a thing, and yes it was fucking great, and yes the boys are really great people...

Here's my review and some picks...

http://www.thecanadianmusicscene.com/casbyawards2004.html
Fuck that's good Pepperoni!

bigbenjamin

Casbys
« Reply #11 on: Nov 26, 2004, 01:51 PM »
Quote from: Nemesis
Go ahead call me an asshole, I didn't pay a thing, and yes it was fucking great, and yes the boys are really great people...

Here's my review and some picks...

http://www.thecanadianmusicscene.com/casbyawards2004.html

LUCKY ASSHOLE :D  - thank you so much!!!

shake

Casbys
« Reply #12 on: Nov 26, 2004, 02:41 PM »
Thanks for posting your review Nemesis.  I recognized some of those bands, must have been an awesome show. I'm glad that the Trews, from Nova Scotia, won best new band, their CD is really good.

JulianRocks

Casbys
« Reply #13 on: Nov 26, 2004, 03:58 PM »
Nice Pics Nemesis! :)