Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: 2016 Hockey Playoffs..  (Read 1610 times)

DavidB_Bubbles

• Location: Hiding in my shed from a Samsquanch Monster, Salem, Oregon, U.S.A.
2016 Hockey Playoffs..
« on: Apr 01, 2016, 10:09 PM »
I was quite surprised that there will be no Canadian teams in the NHL playoffs this season. First time in a long time. Canadian players are still well represented in the playoffs of course. So really it's not that tragic. But if anyone has Netflix they should check out. The ESPN 30 or 30 Series.. of Miracles and Men. It's about the fall out of the USSR hockey team after they lost to the U.S.A.! U.S.A.! U.S.A !in the 1980 Winter Olympics. Mainly because of the back story. Since there really was no hockey rivalry between the USA and USSR back in those days. I mean its not called the Miracle on Ice for nothing. They had to tell the story of the hockey rivalry between Canada and the USSR. Those Ruskies do not think the Canadian Hockey players are very smart. Basically calling them goons & thugs that cannot think of any moves beyond the blade of the hockey stick and the puck. While the Russians are always 10 movies ahead..  :lol:  :roll:  Sheer former Cold War goofiness.. 

shake

Re: 2016 Hockey Playoffs..
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2016, 10:19 PM »
IThose Ruskies do not think the Canadian Hockey players are very smart. Basically calling them goons & thugs that cannot think of any moves beyond the blade of the hockey stick and the puck. While the Russians are always 10 movies ahead

Ha ha that's just sour grapes on their part, Canada pretty well always beats USSR/Russia.  And every other nation for that matter.

moncton velvet smooth

Re: 2016 Hockey Playoffs..
« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2016, 02:10 AM »
That sucks there's no Canadian teams in the playoffs. The Wings are trying to squeak their way in, and whenever they get eliminated I usually root for a Canadian team.
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then