Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Google buzz

Author Topic: Mike Smith arrested, Lucy quits  (Read 6035 times)

Officer Dick Lock

Mike Smith arrested, Lucy quits
« on: Apr 02, 2016, 06:54 PM »
Ricky, what in the name of the Easter Bunny's fluffy white cock are you doing firing toasters at me?

Follow @funnyTPBquotes on twitter

Raveen420

Re: Mike Smith arrested, Lucy quits
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2016, 08:17 PM »
I've been following the news on this all afternoon. The whole thing sounds a bit fucky.

Officer Dick Lock

« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2016, 08:22 PM »
According to CBC, Lucy told them a few weeks ago she was quitting. So her saying today that it's because of Mike's arrest appears to be bullshit.
Ricky, what in the name of the Easter Bunny's fluffy white cock are you doing firing toasters at me?

Follow @funnyTPBquotes on twitter

mzupeman

« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2016, 09:44 PM »
Yeah, i have been following the news all day, and figured the truth has to be somewhere in the middle.  Mike may have actually been abusive in some degree, but the woman maybe never felt very threatened... that Mike was actually just trying to 'make a point' with a physical show of being threatening.  Either way, that's still a problem.

Lucy quitting the show over this though... I can't say I'm that surprised.  Lucy Dunsworth has been on Twitter basically saying season 10 was a little too trashy with the names they came up for the women characters, and that the show could certainly do better than that.  Who knows, maybe Lucy felt the same way... and then to have that lack of respect towards women in the writing room also manifest itself in Smith's personal life shortly after season 10 debuted?  She probably was like, "Nope, I'm out."

I don't personally buy some of the allegations that Lucy is quitting just for publicity... I would think she'd get far more publicity actually remaining on the cast. 

Here's hoping that they work things out though, but in the end, if Lucy feels this strongly... well, best of luck to her.  Can't blame her for wanting out, I guess.  I just hope additional cast aren't to follow...

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2016, 02:04 AM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/lucy-decoutere-trailer-park-boys-resigns-1.3518206

Holy shit. Are we allowed to talk about this here?
   well, of course we are! But it's all really just talk. None of us was there, and we don't know what led to the situation between Lucy and the show. The failed Ghomeshi lawsuit might have something to do with Lucy's state of mind but that's just speculation on my part. I'll miss Lucy and it's too bad she wasn't given a proper send off. I wonder how they'll write her off. I'm imagining her drinking pina coladas with Trevor...
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then

Raveen420

« Reply #5 on: Apr 03, 2016, 08:26 AM »
They can just write it up that she ran off with, or to find...Tom Arnold??

riverman

« Reply #6 on: Apr 04, 2016, 02:15 PM »
Since Mike is the boss at Swearnet I am sure they would say the rest of the crew is behind him.
 I hope he is innocent but that is what the court system is for. Screaming at someone in a Hotel room will get you arrested almost every time.
Good luck Mike I hope you find peace.
It is sad to see Lucy go but after watching most of season 10 I am not sure how much longer it is going to last without some serious changes.

Raveen420

« Reply #7 on: Apr 04, 2016, 08:24 PM »
Since Mike is the boss at Swearnet I am sure they would say the rest of the crew is behind him.
 I hope he is innocent but that is what the court system is for. Screaming at someone in a Hotel room will get you arrested almost every time.
Good luck Mike I hope you find peace.
It is sad to see Lucy go but after watching most of season 10 I am not sure how much longer it is going to last without some serious changes.

What kind of changes are you thinking about?

Shitrocke

« Reply #8 on: Apr 05, 2016, 08:03 AM »
No way in hell will Season 11 work properly (not that it would anyway) without Lucy so they've gotta get their shit together, honestly. Tbf, the show should've ended back on Season 7 which had the perfect ending for the series.

moncton velvet smooth

« Reply #9 on: Apr 06, 2016, 01:14 AM »
It's going to be an awkward transition, and they do have to have their shit together, but I think they'll get by.
And the season 7 ending was too perfect and too saccharine for me. Life rarely has perfect endings so why should a gritty show like TPB? As Ray, another bygone character, said "Sometimes Bubbles, life IS greasy!"
And Shitrock's in the cradle and J-Roc's hoes
  Little Bobandy and the way that she goes
When ya get outta jail, son? Dad, I don't know when
 But we'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then, Dad.
 We'll get drunk and eat chicken fingers then

Raveen420

« Reply #10 on: Apr 06, 2016, 08:26 PM »
Maybe we'll see Ricky and Sarah hook up again like how they did in season 2???